Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale 16:20 - Apr 1 with 16154 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Portsmouth vs Rochdale 1st Apr 2021 16:19
Rochdale return from the international break with a tough trip to Fratton Park to face promotion-chasing Portsmouth on Good Friday. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 19:29 - Apr 3 with 1613 views442Dale

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 19:17 - Apr 3 by boromat

I was really looking forward to seeing Beasley and Done up top. They wouldn't have given the defenders any time and made a right pain of themselves. I don't see Baah as a central striker at the moment he needs to play deeper and be able to run at defenders you get more opportunities to do that out wide.

On Monday we have to find someone, anyone, to play LWB and play Done up front. Stick Dooley there if needs be or even Baah letting him run from deep. The other defenders can defend.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 19:39 - Apr 3 with 1594 viewsfinberty

To me, Done has more than proved himself as an asset when in an attacking position.Having seen this for himself, the question to BBM is why revert?

Why, why do we always revert to safety first and never allow ourselves to take the initiative - ever?

Sell it to me, Brian. Sell me a reason to buy a S/T for the next season. Don't insult my intelligence by saying we had 'good areas' 'good control' 'domination'. Sell it to me with points Brian, before it is too late for me.
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 20:03 - Apr 3 with 1536 viewsTVOS1907

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 21:40 - Apr 3 with 1384 viewstodmordendale

Maybe the training cones should play on Monday.
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 10:55 - Apr 4 with 1121 viewselectricblue

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 14:48 - Apr 3 by James1980

Did anyone ask the question 'why was Mclaughlin re-signed given his injury record?' prior to or during the forum? I don't recall an answer to that question.

Panic signing imo as the intended target may have gone else where for that bit extra wona..
Cant blame a player on doing that...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 00:43 - Apr 5 with 782 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 12:48 - Apr 3 by 442Dale

On the style of football, not sure if anyone has seen Huddersfield’s goal against Brentford a couple of minutes ago on Sky but it illustrates perfectly how this new way of playing is becoming somewhat of a running joke.

Brentford defender under pressure on edge of his own box with five Huddersfield players in the last third of the pitch. If he gets rid over the top it would see a foot race as Town were defending inside the Brentford half. Instead he goes short ten yards to a player under pressure and seconds later they’re a goal down.

Don’t let anyone tell you this philosophy is a good one.

It's every week in the EFL there are 5 or 6 goals minimum that are obviously from these kinds of situations. There are probably more that stem from teams putting themselves under pressure by doing it but we don't see the start of the move. I suspect there are several more goals conceded in that way than scored by teams playing an uninterrupted passing move that starts with a pass completed inside their own box. I feel like I'm losing my mind watching it sometimes. By no means do I want to watch long ball football but nor do I want to see kamikaze football that could lead to you conceding a goal at any second for no good reason.

For what it's worth TVOS, when I personally have used Brentford as an example of what we should aspire to, I've meant in terms of how they can use data to identify players before developing them and selling them on for a huge profit, rather than their style of play. Indeed, I'm not sure how bothered they are about the style of play of the teams they are signing their players from as their system identified the likes of Jack O'Connell and Scott Hogan as potential signings based on their performances at Rochdale and I don't remember either of them playing in a team that tried passing it around their own box half of the game. If a player is good enough, he'll be noticed regardless of the 'philosophy' of the team he is playing in.

Re: Portsmouth fans praising us, it's the same as when Guardiola and Klopp praise the smaller teams in the Premier League for 'trying to play the right way' after they've just beaten them 4-0 but they never praise the teams that are horrible to play against and grind out a low-scoring draw or win against them. I don't remember many opposition fans praising us when BBM first came in and we went on that run of grinding out results with agricultural football - but I do remember us staying in League One that season.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 11:48 - Apr 5 with 663 viewselectricblue

Just watched the highlights and McShane was painfully slow in marking his man to let him score portsmouth first.....

Overall the Dale 11 looked like a team of 11 individual players, their heads seem to be down all the time..
No confidence at all..

Ipswich at home will be tough and with recent form and a terrible home form to boot this can only go one way....

Will Dale be the first name in all 4 divisions to be relegated, close run with sheff utd for that salubrious title....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024