Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2021/22 Season Tickets 12:17 - Apr 3 with 3617 viewsDalenet

I know the club are consulting with a group of fans, but the time is now upon us. Been reading what other clubs are planning to do.

It is almost certain we will be in League Two and the style of football is unlikely to change. We barely have 1000 full paying Season Ticket holders this season and it will be a real challenge to get everybody to renew. The club can wait a month or so before making a decision - but to be honest nothing much will change over the next month and if we are desperate for cash they may as well get on and make the announcements now. Early Bird cash may be a lifeline.

Many of the Premier League Clubs have frozen prices, and if you paid in full last season you will be renewed for free. Fair play as those fans didn't have iFollow as an option. Peterborough are freezing prices for those that didn't ask for a refund and so whatever league they are playing in next season, many will pay less than we do in the main stand at Spotland. Sunderland will renew at £340 - £440 but you will receive a credit towards the cost if you didn't use their online streaming service. MK Dons have gone further and recognised the risk that fans might not be allowed in to see all the games next season. So they have cut all prices to £230 for adults - the same price as 23 iFollow passes. That way the fans never lose out . £10 to watch League One football each game is great value.

In Division Two Oldham have decided to cut prices for those renewing quickly to £160. They recognise that fans have had a torrid time - both watching the football and off the field.

I am certainly not inclined to pay £355 to watch this again. I would consider £230 early bird as a fairer position to minimise access risk and be a fair price to watch League Two football. DB may be a previous master of Marketing/Sales, but if he is hoping that a price freeze is going to sell tickets he will be a little deluded. Not sure what other peoples views are.
2021/22 Season Tickets on 13:58 - Apr 3 with 3490 viewsThacks_Rabbits

DB immediate resignation if we sell 1000 tickets would prove popular.

Good to see they are consulting with fans when it comes to money but forget other small matters like extending the managers contract!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

2021/22 Season Tickets on 14:23 - Apr 3 with 3458 viewsJames1980

Here's my thoughts 😦😦😦😦

Revisit the season ticket initiative idea but have it risk free so if numbers are met people aren't potentially out of pocket.

flexible monthly subscription services. That way the club have to concentrate on continually making sure the matchday experience is the best it can be to ensure fans keep up their subscription.

Allow all fans to purchase half season tickets not just those living outside a certain radius. Again that will ensure the club will have to make sure that fans will want to renew for the second half of the season.

A season ticket for ticket and travel to away games. I believe some other clubs do the match ticket option for away games.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 14:28]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

2021/22 Season Tickets on 16:08 - Apr 3 with 3333 views49thseason

You would hope that the new ticketing system is smart enough to be able to do multi-match match tickets at a slightly smaller discount than season tickets so that people could buy say a 5, 10 match ticket or even a 2 or 3 match ticket at a slight discount. And that rather than penalising people who turn up and pay on the day, they can at least get a reasonably priced ticket.
Filling empty seats at almost any price is better than just leaving them empty. We have the better part of 5000 to fill at just about every game.
2021/22 Season Tickets on 17:23 - Apr 3 with 3242 viewsncfc_chalky

Oldham are selling season tickets for £160? That's bonkers,how can they possibly make it pay at 7 quid a ricket?
I think that anything around £295 would be good value and worth every penny when Notts come to visit

Edit

Notts used to do a 75 miler ticket available to those who lived more than 75 miles away, cheaper than a full ticket but only had 15 or so tickets in them but for any game to pick n choose from,it was popular until Trew stopped em
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 17:27]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

2021/22 Season Tickets on 18:05 - Apr 3 with 3166 viewsChaffRAFC

This season's prices were more than reasonable I thought.

£200 for Sandy Lane
£270 for Pearl Street
£335 for Main Stand

I would fully accept and probably expect a price freeze regardless of what division we're in because I'd bet those prices are more than competitive at League Two level regardless of what offers other clubs have.

Appreciate people may fully disagree with that.

Maybe an offer of a price freeze but half price on a new shirt or something would be something to consider?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

2021/22 Season Tickets on 18:18 - Apr 3 with 3131 viewsboromat

As much flexibility in the pricing and payment schemes the better. And like others have said hopefully the new ticketing system allows this. Not sure if the competition's allow it but maybe giving season ticket holders free entry to the Leasing trophy or whatever it's called now.

Vary the pricing enough to have options for everyone in the community. Feel like there's going to be a big split between people who have been working and not spending that have saved up a bit and a willing to spend a bit more and then those that have sadly lost their jobs or furloughed etc that will struggle when it comes to forking out a big sum in one hit.

Stand (Match Ticket, Month Ticket, Half Season, Full Season)
Sandy - £15, £28, £100, £175
Pearl St - £17, £30, £150, £250
Main - £20, £35, £175, £300
Away - Match each teams away fee

I'd be happy with something like that. Not sure if it would be a month ticket or a 2 game ticket. Monthly some would be better value than others.

A weekly subscription could be good as well just like your Netflix subscription with no tie ins, cancel and restart when you want.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

2021/22 Season Tickets on 18:36 - Apr 3 with 3102 viewsJames1980

2021/22 Season Tickets on 18:18 - Apr 3 by boromat

As much flexibility in the pricing and payment schemes the better. And like others have said hopefully the new ticketing system allows this. Not sure if the competition's allow it but maybe giving season ticket holders free entry to the Leasing trophy or whatever it's called now.

Vary the pricing enough to have options for everyone in the community. Feel like there's going to be a big split between people who have been working and not spending that have saved up a bit and a willing to spend a bit more and then those that have sadly lost their jobs or furloughed etc that will struggle when it comes to forking out a big sum in one hit.

Stand (Match Ticket, Month Ticket, Half Season, Full Season)
Sandy - £15, £28, £100, £175
Pearl St - £17, £30, £150, £250
Main - £20, £35, £175, £300
Away - Match each teams away fee

I'd be happy with something like that. Not sure if it would be a month ticket or a 2 game ticket. Monthly some would be better value than others.

A weekly subscription could be good as well just like your Netflix subscription with no tie ins, cancel and restart when you want.

Could have varying levels of subscription perhaps to include programmes/food & drink from the kiosk/Lotto subscription.
Deals for families that are genuinely good value.
Maybe a mates rates ticket, 4 for 2 on the games deemed less popular 3 for 2 on those more so.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

2021/22 Season Tickets on 19:11 - Apr 3 with 3051 viewsboromat

2021/22 Season Tickets on 18:36 - Apr 3 by James1980

Could have varying levels of subscription perhaps to include programmes/food & drink from the kiosk/Lotto subscription.
Deals for families that are genuinely good value.
Maybe a mates rates ticket, 4 for 2 on the games deemed less popular 3 for 2 on those more so.

And keeping the subscription in the closed season could get you the new shirts or money to spend in the shop etc.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

2021/22 Season Tickets on 20:54 - Apr 3 with 2961 viewsEllDale

I think that we are deluding ourselves if we think that there is a coherent, planned strategy towards selling 2021/22 season tickets.
The two previous CEOs before the present incumbent, Russ Green and James Mason, had plenty of experience in discounted season ticket selling at their previous clubs.
I suspect the fact that this was on their CVs helped them to get the job if you ask me. Boosting season ticket sales was high on the agenda after the priority of gaining control of the stadium.
Green didn’t endear himself with his proposed end of season junket but that was only a sideshow.
I’ll bet that instead of something rational though we’ll get a rushed, badly thought out season ticket tariff which will upset even more than the ones already disenchanted by the lack of firm leadership at the club.
2021/22 Season Tickets on 22:25 - Apr 3 with 2879 viewsD_Alien

2021/22 Season Tickets on 20:54 - Apr 3 by EllDale

I think that we are deluding ourselves if we think that there is a coherent, planned strategy towards selling 2021/22 season tickets.
The two previous CEOs before the present incumbent, Russ Green and James Mason, had plenty of experience in discounted season ticket selling at their previous clubs.
I suspect the fact that this was on their CVs helped them to get the job if you ask me. Boosting season ticket sales was high on the agenda after the priority of gaining control of the stadium.
Green didn’t endear himself with his proposed end of season junket but that was only a sideshow.
I’ll bet that instead of something rational though we’ll get a rushed, badly thought out season ticket tariff which will upset even more than the ones already disenchanted by the lack of firm leadership at the club.

^^^

You heard it here first, folks

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

2021/22 Season Tickets on 07:22 - Apr 4 with 2746 viewsTalkingSutty

2021/22 Season Tickets on 22:25 - Apr 3 by D_Alien

^^^

You heard it here first, folks

The sale of season tickets shouldn’t even be on the agenda under this current regime, no matter how they flower it up the simple fact is that many fans won’t be committing themselves to paying out money while the CEO and the current Boardroom are in place. Obviously we have some fans who will hand over money no matter what and that’s their prerogative but every pound spent eases the pressure on the CEO and supports his decisions...allowing him to reward a failing manager with a new contract and put two fingers up to the whole of the fan base in the process. Why would any fan give him your money after a decision like that and how do we know that others haven’t also been rewarded for failure with pay rises etc because the lack of transparency and concealment is obviously the modus operandi when it comes to financial decisions isn’t it? That was proved at the recent fans forum.

You see, that’s what we are now left with, a club employee who is being allowed to pull the strings and the majority of fans can see right through him, he needs removing from the club and quickly before he damages it even more. The launch date of these new kits is also interesting, i can’t ever remember it happening so soon, three new kits on sale well before the end of the current season, we normally see that on a mid summer opening day at the club don’t we?

God willing we will have Chris Dunphy, Richard Wild, Francis Collins and others in place very soon and that money from season ticket and kit sales will be desperately needed then...would you rather buy now and hand your money over to these clowns or sit tight and wait for change in the knowledge that your money will be put to good use? I think we need to be careful that the launch of the new kits and season ticket propaganda, involving some fans, isn’t being used as a smokescreen to deflect from the number one issue at the Club. I have money for two new season tickets and two new shirts waiting to be spent but it won’t be happening with Bottomley still in the club, it’s that simple.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 8:17]
2021/22 Season Tickets on 09:26 - Apr 4 with 2630 viewsjudd

2021/22 Season Tickets on 07:22 - Apr 4 by TalkingSutty

The sale of season tickets shouldn’t even be on the agenda under this current regime, no matter how they flower it up the simple fact is that many fans won’t be committing themselves to paying out money while the CEO and the current Boardroom are in place. Obviously we have some fans who will hand over money no matter what and that’s their prerogative but every pound spent eases the pressure on the CEO and supports his decisions...allowing him to reward a failing manager with a new contract and put two fingers up to the whole of the fan base in the process. Why would any fan give him your money after a decision like that and how do we know that others haven’t also been rewarded for failure with pay rises etc because the lack of transparency and concealment is obviously the modus operandi when it comes to financial decisions isn’t it? That was proved at the recent fans forum.

You see, that’s what we are now left with, a club employee who is being allowed to pull the strings and the majority of fans can see right through him, he needs removing from the club and quickly before he damages it even more. The launch date of these new kits is also interesting, i can’t ever remember it happening so soon, three new kits on sale well before the end of the current season, we normally see that on a mid summer opening day at the club don’t we?

God willing we will have Chris Dunphy, Richard Wild, Francis Collins and others in place very soon and that money from season ticket and kit sales will be desperately needed then...would you rather buy now and hand your money over to these clowns or sit tight and wait for change in the knowledge that your money will be put to good use? I think we need to be careful that the launch of the new kits and season ticket propaganda, involving some fans, isn’t being used as a smokescreen to deflect from the number one issue at the Club. I have money for two new season tickets and two new shirts waiting to be spent but it won’t be happening with Bottomley still in the club, it’s that simple.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 8:17]

I feel almost exactly the same.

Poll: What is it to be then?

2021/22 Season Tickets on 10:36 - Apr 4 with 2518 viewsblackdogblue

For me it’s a bit more simpler. It is a fact our home (away aside for now) form is shocking to say the slightest.. Do I really want to spend a lot of money on 2 Adult & a Youth Season Cards to watch us getting beat every match....

Things need to change on the pitch as well as behind the scenes starting with the dugout upwards..

The way we are at the moment I can’t see us doing any better in League 2 & if there is no money coming in with a poor Season boost, crap catering & questionable tactics & Covid continued uncertainty with wave 3 sweeping through Europe I would need a hell of a lot of convincing any outlay would be truly value for money

I truly love my club but do I like what’s going on at the moment.. No

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

2021/22 Season Tickets on 10:46 - Apr 4 with 2502 viewselectricblue

I fully expect reduced season ticket prices for lge 2 football next season..
£190 for Sandy Lane
£240 for Pearl Street
£290 for Main Stand
Those prices seem fair to me..

On thd topic of half season tickets only downside if Dale are struggling then a % will not purchase the other half season ticket.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

2021/22 Season Tickets on 11:09 - Apr 4 with 2469 viewsSuddenLad

2021/22 Season Tickets on 10:36 - Apr 4 by blackdogblue

For me it’s a bit more simpler. It is a fact our home (away aside for now) form is shocking to say the slightest.. Do I really want to spend a lot of money on 2 Adult & a Youth Season Cards to watch us getting beat every match....

Things need to change on the pitch as well as behind the scenes starting with the dugout upwards..

The way we are at the moment I can’t see us doing any better in League 2 & if there is no money coming in with a poor Season boost, crap catering & questionable tactics & Covid continued uncertainty with wave 3 sweeping through Europe I would need a hell of a lot of convincing any outlay would be truly value for money

I truly love my club but do I like what’s going on at the moment.. No

Not from the dugout upwards, but more importantly from the Boardroom down. The most crucial and urgent changes need to be made in the way the club is run, organised and administered off the field.

We need leadership (which we haven't had since CD departed) - we need to re-connect with all parties so that everyone is pulling together in the same direction.

We're in freefall in the Boardroom and the current uncertainties, disharmony and parsimonious attitude that exists needs to change quickly.

We are a League One club and some people need to wake up to that fact, instead of bleating about 'punching above our weight'. What a load of Bollox that is. We have earned the right to be in League One by the hard graft and efforts of the players and management of the day. We shouldn't be surrendering that status without chucking every possible resource at it.

The supporters will support the team that takes the field. That support however, cannot be 'assumed' to include those in the posh seats who claim to have the best interests of the club at heart in the Boardroom. If they did, they'd be clearing their desks. Don't take us for granted.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

2021/22 Season Tickets on 15:06 - Apr 4 with 2216 viewsblackdogblue

2021/22 Season Tickets on 11:09 - Apr 4 by SuddenLad

Not from the dugout upwards, but more importantly from the Boardroom down. The most crucial and urgent changes need to be made in the way the club is run, organised and administered off the field.

We need leadership (which we haven't had since CD departed) - we need to re-connect with all parties so that everyone is pulling together in the same direction.

We're in freefall in the Boardroom and the current uncertainties, disharmony and parsimonious attitude that exists needs to change quickly.

We are a League One club and some people need to wake up to that fact, instead of bleating about 'punching above our weight'. What a load of Bollox that is. We have earned the right to be in League One by the hard graft and efforts of the players and management of the day. We shouldn't be surrendering that status without chucking every possible resource at it.

The supporters will support the team that takes the field. That support however, cannot be 'assumed' to include those in the posh seats who claim to have the best interests of the club at heart in the Boardroom. If they did, they'd be clearing their desks. Don't take us for granted.

I totally agree about above as discussed on many other threads but if that does not change there will still be a budget issue and the board does not pick the team or the tactics...

My point sorry was sorting out the direction of play on the pitch and if that means new management than so be it... hopefully upstairs will be decided but that is off the pitch, unless season cards include admittance to the board meetings for some entertainment I do not feel I can part with money to watch us tap left / right / backwards for another season..

2021/22 Season Tickets on 15:41 - Apr 4 with 2154 viewsEllDale

I don’t know about other people but I was partially panicked into buying a season ticket last August by the fear that restrictions on crowds may mean being unable to go if not a season ticket holder.
Listening to the groundswell of opinion (on here anyway) that shouldn’t be a factor this summer.
I’ve got the money but it will stay in my bank account until the last minute.
That’s if I buy one at all.
I want to see what the squad looks like first and see if the team looks competitive for one thing.
2021/22 Season Tickets on 16:02 - Apr 4 with 2127 viewskel

It’s a tough one. Low season tickets sale equal a less competitive budget but I can see why some want to hang onto their money.

I’d be over the moon if the rumoured people wanting to get involved (Dunphy, Francis, Richard) comes off but not so much the ones who appear to be wanting to hang on to their coat-tails. It would be a backwards step in any relationship with the Supporters Trust for a start.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 16:02]
2021/22 Season Tickets on 16:21 - Apr 4 with 2090 views442Dale

2021/22 Season Tickets on 16:02 - Apr 4 by kel

It’s a tough one. Low season tickets sale equal a less competitive budget but I can see why some want to hang onto their money.

I’d be over the moon if the rumoured people wanting to get involved (Dunphy, Francis, Richard) comes off but not so much the ones who appear to be wanting to hang on to their coat-tails. It would be a backwards step in any relationship with the Supporters Trust for a start.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 16:02]

Would hope that any changes involve working with the Trust, because no matter what mistakes they may have made or what others may think about them, it’s important the club has an independent organisation representing supporters still. If anything, they have a part to play were there to be the focus CD mentioned:

https://rochdaleafcnews.com/2021/03/27/chris-dunphy-set-for-rochdale-afc-return/

“ Supporters are the vital part of the club and they need to be treated as such, we need to find a way to make them feel more connected and there is a definite need to improve communication.

“This is my intended starting point. I want us to regain our credibility and get on the road to the club’s recovery.”

It could be a good chance for a reset for the Trust too, something which would benefit all parties as the club could make it clear exactly how they and all supporters can work together for the greater good. If nothing help, it’s a clear logistical route. Of course, time will tell as we are still waiting to see what happens next.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

2021/22 Season Tickets on 16:22 - Apr 4 with 2086 viewsblackdogblue

2021/22 Season Tickets on 15:41 - Apr 4 by EllDale

I don’t know about other people but I was partially panicked into buying a season ticket last August by the fear that restrictions on crowds may mean being unable to go if not a season ticket holder.
Listening to the groundswell of opinion (on here anyway) that shouldn’t be a factor this summer.
I’ve got the money but it will stay in my bank account until the last minute.
That’s if I buy one at all.
I want to see what the squad looks like first and see if the team looks competitive for one thing.

I was the opposite, knowing at least the start of this season wouldn’t happen because of Covid & what would I want 3 I follow passes for....

I opted to wait & see with the hopeful option of getting tickets if the chance came & proved to be the right decision. Even with the money in the bank the same as you, it would have to be one hell of a discount to tempt me.

Ok, we may lose our seats after a long time but that’s a gamble I am willing to take...

2021/22 Season Tickets on 16:25 - Apr 4 with 2075 viewsblackdogblue

2021/22 Season Tickets on 16:21 - Apr 4 by 442Dale

Would hope that any changes involve working with the Trust, because no matter what mistakes they may have made or what others may think about them, it’s important the club has an independent organisation representing supporters still. If anything, they have a part to play were there to be the focus CD mentioned:

https://rochdaleafcnews.com/2021/03/27/chris-dunphy-set-for-rochdale-afc-return/

“ Supporters are the vital part of the club and they need to be treated as such, we need to find a way to make them feel more connected and there is a definite need to improve communication.

“This is my intended starting point. I want us to regain our credibility and get on the road to the club’s recovery.”

It could be a good chance for a reset for the Trust too, something which would benefit all parties as the club could make it clear exactly how they and all supporters can work together for the greater good. If nothing help, it’s a clear logistical route. Of course, time will tell as we are still waiting to see what happens next.

Talking of renewals 😀

Any thoughts on next years Trust Membership cost? Keeping the £5 for another year may help keeping the membership up again.. 😀😀

2021/22 Season Tickets on 17:00 - Apr 4 with 2004 views442Dale

2021/22 Season Tickets on 16:21 - Apr 4 by 442Dale

The Trust’s article that was subsequently posted on here illustrates their role well.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

2021/22 Season Tickets on 00:00 - Apr 5 with 1753 viewsAtThePeake

2021/22 Season Tickets on 18:05 - Apr 3 by ChaffRAFC

This season's prices were more than reasonable I thought.

£200 for Sandy Lane
£270 for Pearl Street
£335 for Main Stand

I would fully accept and probably expect a price freeze regardless of what division we're in because I'd bet those prices are more than competitive at League Two level regardless of what offers other clubs have.

Appreciate people may fully disagree with that.

Maybe an offer of a price freeze but half price on a new shirt or something would be something to consider?

I don't disagree that those prices are competitive at League Two but as others have pointed out, will we be paying it to watch a competitive team?

Or will we be paying it to watch a team that's more interested in developing other club's loanees and our own young players for sale (despite spending far more than we have earned in the transfer market this season) at the expense of a competitive team? A team that's gone six months and 18 games without a home win? £335 does not look like good value if so.

Tangled up in blue.

2021/22 Season Tickets on 00:05 - Apr 5 with 1745 viewsjudd

2021/22 Season Tickets on 00:00 - Apr 5 by AtThePeake

I don't disagree that those prices are competitive at League Two but as others have pointed out, will we be paying it to watch a competitive team?

Or will we be paying it to watch a team that's more interested in developing other club's loanees and our own young players for sale (despite spending far more than we have earned in the transfer market this season) at the expense of a competitive team? A team that's gone six months and 18 games without a home win? £335 does not look like good value if so.

I'd go further in assessing that pricing.

The increase killed sales for both this and next season.

"More than reasonable" and "competitive".

Bollox.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024