Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich 22:50 - Apr 4 with 12365 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Ipswich 4th Apr 2021 22:49
Can Rochdale finally end their long wait for a home victory as they welcome Ipswich Town to Spotland on Easter Monday? 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 15:56 - Apr 5 with 2451 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 15:53 - Apr 5 by Dalenet

Agree they are nothing special. They have weaknesses at the back on the floor. No point in a Shaugnessy long throw - need to get it down to get through their back line.

I wonder if we have ever scored from a Shaughnessey throw in in practice? It will surely never happen in a game. Please prove me wrong.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 15:58 - Apr 5 with 2418 viewsD_Alien

The game is there to win, but we haven't managed an effort on goal in the entire first half

I'd get Vale on alongside Beesley with Baah on the wing, Shaunessey off. Our hugely talented coach had been following his progress apparently...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:00 - Apr 5 with 2372 viewsIOMDale

Aside from Roberts covering EOC’s arse at the end, cannot think of a single other noteworthy incident - unless you count Jackson getting walloped by one of Lynch’s hoofs upfield.

Ipswich are there for the taking (and they’d say the same of us); we need to close the gap between Beesley and the midfield and start running in behind him.

Osho probably out standout player so far, he’s hoovering up everything. We still look like we’re going to concede every time Ipswich win a corner though.

Vale’s a forward so let’s get him on alongside Beesley - what’s the worst that happen? Better to gamble and go for the win rather than continue as is.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:01 - Apr 5 with 2371 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 15:58 - Apr 5 by D_Alien

The game is there to win, but we haven't managed an effort on goal in the entire first half

I'd get Vale on alongside Beesley with Baah on the wing, Shaunessey off. Our hugely talented coach had been following his progress apparently...

We’d need to change the wingbacks formation for that. Would actually swap Done and Baah around, subs not withstanding.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:05 - Apr 5 with 2276 viewsfunkkk

Aye, let’s just have a fudging go at it shall we lads?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:06 - Apr 5 with 2250 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 15:54 - Apr 5 by dawlishdale

Not much quality on show, especially from us, but goalless at the break, despite a howler right before the break which Roberts did really well to rescue.

We have so little up front based on the first half, that a goal against might sink us. A point is little use to us, so why not go for it by bringing Newby on for a while?

And genuinely; I can't remember what position Vale plays...can anyone help?

Forward - I think!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:22 - Apr 5 with 2052 viewsBazzanne

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:05 - Apr 5 by funkkk

Aye, let’s just have a fudging go at it shall we lads?

Pity we don't have forwards. When will we ever have a shot on target?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:22 - Apr 5 with 2036 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:00 - Apr 5 by IOMDale

Aside from Roberts covering EOC’s arse at the end, cannot think of a single other noteworthy incident - unless you count Jackson getting walloped by one of Lynch’s hoofs upfield.

Ipswich are there for the taking (and they’d say the same of us); we need to close the gap between Beesley and the midfield and start running in behind him.

Osho probably out standout player so far, he’s hoovering up everything. We still look like we’re going to concede every time Ipswich win a corner though.

Vale’s a forward so let’s get him on alongside Beesley - what’s the worst that happen? Better to gamble and go for the win rather than continue as is.

'cannot think of a single other noteworthy incident - unless you count Jackson getting walloped'

It's certainly no thriller. You definitely can beat it. In fact it's bad.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:36 - Apr 5 with 1836 viewsBarrowdale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:22 - Apr 5 by Bazzanne

Pity we don't have forwards. When will we ever have a shot on target?

We have “backwards”
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:45 - Apr 5 with 1682 viewsmightydale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:36 - Apr 5 by Barrowdale

We have “backwards”

How many shots on target have we had ?

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:46 - Apr 5 with 1659 viewsBarrowdale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:45 - Apr 5 by mightydale

How many shots on target have we had ?

Precisely none
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:48 - Apr 5 with 1612 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:46 - Apr 5 by Barrowdale

Precisely none

The same as Ipswich. Been a dull game.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:48 - Apr 5 with 1601 viewsmightydale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:46 - Apr 5 by Barrowdale

Precisely none

Not watching it, just getting notifications from twitter l, that's an embarrassment, but we controlled the game

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:56 - Apr 5 with 1431 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:48 - Apr 5 by mightydale

Not watching it, just getting notifications from twitter l, that's an embarrassment, but we controlled the game

0.0 FT
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:57 - Apr 5 with 1403 viewsdawlishdale

What an awful game. I suppose it's a point, but that was a really tough watch, and I couldn't see us scoring if we had played for a week.

Difficult conditions, and they only looked marginally better than us on the day.

Only players to come out of that with credit were Osho, Roberts and Ollie.

I'd pay Shaughnessy's taxi back to Leeds myself.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:58 - Apr 5 with 1393 viewsBarrowdale

Fk with a min left and Lynch just strolls over like he’s chillin.
Pathetic performance
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:59 - Apr 5 with 1375 viewsfunkkk

Didn’t much look like we were fighting for survival, did it?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 16:59 - Apr 5 with 1372 viewsIOMDale

Well, the only positive I can think of is that in terms of Northampton, Swindon, Wimbledon and Wigan all losing, it’s a point gained.

Still, Ipswich were there for the taking - the game (from our perspective) was crying out for another forward to join Beesley but Vale just sat on the bench. Not entirely sure Newby and Dooley were the answer either when the game was crying out for more pace and directness.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 17:00 - Apr 5 with 1344 viewsboromat

Not much of a game really but without our major goal threats and our poor home form you've got to see it as a good point when looking at the game in isolation, unfortunately at this time in the season in the position we're in Ipswich weren't that good today and we should have at least made their keeper work once or twice.

Baah hasn't worked centrally from the start. I know we're short of options but wish we'd find a way of getting Done up top with Beesley.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 17:03 - Apr 5 with 1288 viewsSandyman

And there we have it. History has been made. A run of 17 consecutive home league games without a win is the worst such run in the club's existence. This season it's now one win in all 23 home games.

This manager is not "hugely talented" and whoever gave him a contract extension is an idiot.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 17:07 - Apr 5 with 1193 viewsregjenkins

A well rounded performance... no shots on target.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 17:09 - Apr 5 with 1160 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 17:03 - Apr 5 by Sandyman

And there we have it. History has been made. A run of 17 consecutive home league games without a win is the worst such run in the club's existence. This season it's now one win in all 23 home games.

This manager is not "hugely talented" and whoever gave him a contract extension is an idiot.

The sleepwalk continues.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 17:14 - Apr 5 with 1100 viewsDalenet

"But the lads worked hard and we controlled the game well. The wind didn't help and of course we are used to the calm weather at COA. I thought we matched one of the biggest spending teams in the division and was delighted that we managed on one occasion to beat the first man from a corner. We've been practising that all season. I didn't want to risk playing an additional forward in the game as we protected the point as a priority. I hope the supporters can see what I can see......we are building for the future. I was very pleased with a point from two teams over Easter that are streets ahead of us"
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 17:15 - Apr 5 with 1086 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 17:09 - Apr 5 by funkkk

The sleepwalk continues.

It’s telling that a match thread, 20 minutes after the final whistle, hasn’t even reached two full pages.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Ipswich on 17:15 - Apr 5 with 1068 viewsTVOS1907

We've now drawn level with Burton Albion in the 'longest home run without a win in Premier League/FL history' list.

Wigan, Birmingham, Derby & Sunderland are next on 18, followed by Sunderland again on 20.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024