Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final 15:01 - Apr 6 with 9909 viewsSuddenLad

[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 15:02]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:05 - Apr 6 with 4881 viewselectricblue

Thats great news well done to all involved.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:24 - Apr 6 with 4840 viewsDickydaler

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:05 - Apr 6 by electricblue

Thats great news well done to all involved.......

Excellent news. well done to them.
I see that was the Northern final, I wonder if they go on to meet the winners of the Southern final. Not sure how it works.
If I'm not mistaken one of the youth team, Peter Thomas, played, or was on the bench, in the first team last season, either one of the 'paint pot trophy' games or maybe a friendly. He was quite young but I remember him being quite well built. I may be mistaken about him and the first team, maybe it was a youth team fa cup match. But I notice he's been scoring a good few of late. Could do worse than have him on bench at the moment.
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:32 - Apr 6 with 4824 views49thseason

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:24 - Apr 6 by Dickydaler

Excellent news. well done to them.
I see that was the Northern final, I wonder if they go on to meet the winners of the Southern final. Not sure how it works.
If I'm not mistaken one of the youth team, Peter Thomas, played, or was on the bench, in the first team last season, either one of the 'paint pot trophy' games or maybe a friendly. He was quite young but I remember him being quite well built. I may be mistaken about him and the first team, maybe it was a youth team fa cup match. But I notice he's been scoring a good few of late. Could do worse than have him on bench at the moment.

Thomas was on the bench at Old Trafford. 15 years old iirc?
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:36 - Apr 6 with 4818 viewsDickydaler

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:32 - Apr 6 by 49thseason

Ah, thanks, maybe that's where I remember him from.
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 17:15 - Apr 6 with 4752 viewsjonahwhereru

If BBM leaves the club, and I am a splitters in backside type on that, his DNA / philosophy will continue to run through this club. This side always looks to play out from the back when they can.
Great result for the team and club.
I wonder what it would take to tempt Tony Ellis away from the club. From the board’s comments he has the safest job in football and he is mustard at it.
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:41 - Apr 7 with 4465 viewsspringfieldparka

The one bright spot on the actual footballing front this season but , 24 hours on , no formal acknowledgement of the achievement from the Club officially as far as I'm aware .

Amazing ! The kids must be underwhelmed at the lack of recognition of their success !

As others have said before me , a little communication in the right places goes a long way .
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:57 - Apr 7 with 4430 viewsShun

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:32 - Apr 6 by 49thseason

I posited the question a few weeks ago over whether Thomas was included on the bench in such a high profile game as a cynical attempt to get him in the shop window. Either way, he seems to be doing brilliantly for the Academy every week and I do wonder if, when the dreaded R appears next to our name, he might get a run out in the first team.
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 17:10 - Apr 7 with 4401 viewsJames1980

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:41 - Apr 7 by springfieldparka

The one bright spot on the actual footballing front this season but , 24 hours on , no formal acknowledgement of the achievement from the Club officially as far as I'm aware .

Amazing ! The kids must be underwhelmed at the lack of recognition of their success !

As others have said before me , a little communication in the right places goes a long way .

There were tweets from first team and academy twitter sites. But certainly there should be more exalting this achievement of the academy.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 21:24 - Apr 10 with 4112 viewsEllDale

There’s a story (unconfirmed) doing the rounds on social media that none of this season’s Year 2 Scholars are to be offered professional contracts.
That includes most of this Academy team as I understand it.
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 22:18 - Apr 10 with 4042 viewsnordenblue

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 21:24 - Apr 10 by EllDale

There’s a story (unconfirmed) doing the rounds on social media that none of this season’s Year 2 Scholars are to be offered professional contracts.

That goes hand in hand with the clubs "ethos" of nurturing our own youth to sell on in the future to keep the club going, something doesn't quite ring true
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 23:43 - Apr 10 with 3970 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 23:46 - Apr 10 with 3959 viewsjudd

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 22:18 - Apr 10 by nordenblue

That goes hand in hand with the clubs "ethos" of nurturing our own youth to sell on in the future to keep the club going, something doesn't quite ring true

Why would you be surprised that yet again we have an ill thought out and poorly executed strategy?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 00:15 - Apr 11 with 3933 viewsRAFCBLUE

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 23:46 - Apr 10 by judd

Why would you be surprised that yet again we have an ill thought out and poorly executed strategy?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/july/firstyearscholars/

List of current first and second year scholars is here.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 00:18 - Apr 11 with 3925 viewsfitzochris

Or for ease...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 10:03 - Apr 11 with 3759 viewsjonahwhereru

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 21:24 - Apr 10 by EllDale

Think we offered contracts to five of the scholars in Lewis Bradley’s year. At the time I said on here that was a big gamble given the squad size. In Andy Cannon’s year he was the only one given a contract.
Whilst it would seem unusual for a trophy winning team to all be unsuccessful in getting a contract I don’t see as many being offered next year. Plus remember Brierley has already signed. Quality over quantity. As they say in racing if you think you have a stable for of potential Derby winners you probably haven’t got any.
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 10:25 - Apr 11 with 3733 viewsShun

I’m surprised to see Clarkson and Chalton especially from this list haven’t been offered contracts, as all the noise from the club was that there were some very talented kids in this group.

I do wonder what our interim chairman thinks about this decision when the Academy is seemingly his magnum opus. Has the decision been taken out of his hands, or is he too poorly to have any input?

[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 10:26]
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:28 - Apr 14 with 3456 viewsoff2div1

Is there a England Final between North and South.
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:43 - Apr 14 with 3403 viewsfitzochris

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:28 - Apr 14 by off2div1

Is there a England Final between North and South.

Yes, we will play Gillingham, who beat Peterborough on penalties yesterday.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final (n/t) on 18:04 - Apr 14 with 3275 viewsoff2div1

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 16:43 - Apr 14 by fitzochris

Yes, we will play Gillingham, who beat Peterborough on penalties yesterday.

Thanks
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 18:05]
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 20:46 - Apr 14 with 3135 viewsboromat

A nice way for the 2nd years to go out if they can win a cup. From Twitter sounds like none are getting contracts.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 23:58 - Apr 14 with 3043 viewsspringfieldparka

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 10:25 - Apr 11 by Shun

I’m surprised to see Clarkson and Chalton especially from this list haven’t been offered contracts, as all the noise from the club was that there were some very talented kids in this group.

I do wonder what our interim chairman thinks about this decision when the Academy is seemingly his magnum opus. Has the decision been taken out of his hands, or is he too poorly to have any input?

[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 10:26]

I'd be interested to know how often you've been to matches to watch these youth players or is this just another bandwagon on which to jump as it passes by ? Certainly I have seen no second year scholar this time around who has really stood out . Kinsella looked a reasonable prospect to me early doors but appears not to have kicked on , and Wright seemed to have a bit of something as a goalscorer but I actually trust the judgment of their coaches as to how they've performed and developed over the two years .

Unfortunately you can't lay the blame at someone's door with that philosophy and actual experience of watching and judging the youth team .
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 13:00 - Apr 15 with 2827 viewsChaffRAFC

Ben Chalton may have been unlucky as Brad Wade is still contracted for next season and therefore we may have have decided not to offer a pro-contract based on that.

Or there could be other reasons.

Be interesting to see if any of these lads go elsewhere in their footballing journey.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 13:11 - Apr 15 with 2799 viewsD_Alien

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 13:00 - Apr 15 by ChaffRAFC

Ben Chalton may have been unlucky as Brad Wade is still contracted for next season and therefore we may have have decided not to offer a pro-contract based on that.

Or there could be other reasons.

Be interesting to see if any of these lads go elsewhere in their footballing journey.

It will, but one thing they'll all have in their favour is having come through the Dale Academy, which is probably an advantage on their CV

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 15:03 - Apr 15 with 2715 viewsseasidedale

Where does it say on Twitter to indicate no 2nd year scholars are getting contacts ?
Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 15:06 - Apr 15 with 2710 viewsJames1980

Academy team win Youth Alliance Cup Northern Final on 15:03 - Apr 15 by seasidedale

Where does it say on Twitter to indicate no 2nd year scholars are getting contacts ?

Isn't it an unconfirmed rumour at the moment?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024