Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The “new group” 12:22 - Apr 12 with 2709 viewskel

I’ve read posts on here and Facebook over the last few days about a new group being formed, possibly as an alternative to the Supporters Trust.

According to Facebook it’s being instigated by a number of “well respected fans” so can anyone put some meat on the bones and tell us who these fans are? Surely if people are going to hand over their intended season ticket money they then they deserve to know who they’re giving it to.

No hiding behind usernames, give us some names.
The “new group” on 13:36 - Apr 12 with 2494 viewsjudd

I believe an anonymous group has been in touch with Joy at Forever Bury and she has advised that all cheques should be made out to Dale.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The “new group” on 13:54 - Apr 12 with 2426 viewsDaleiLama

The “new group” on 13:36 - Apr 12 by judd

I believe an anonymous group has been in touch with Joy at Forever Bury and she has advised that all cheques should be made out to Dale.

First 100 applicants to receive a Sunderland mug, a Gold Blue Peter badge and a pair of Ann Summers furry handcuffs in case they are needed during the closed season.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The “new group” on 13:57 - Apr 12 with 2408 viewsncfc_chalky

Russell King and Munto are rumoured to be interested and they've already passed the FA's fit and proper test

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

The “new group” on 14:07 - Apr 12 with 2380 viewsjudd

The “new group” on 13:57 - Apr 12 by ncfc_chalky

Russell King and Munto are rumoured to be interested and they've already passed the FA's fit and proper test

Fook off, Chalky.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The “new group” on 15:38 - Apr 12 with 2172 viewsSuddenLad

The “new group” on 13:54 - Apr 12 by DaleiLama

First 100 applicants to receive a Sunderland mug, a Gold Blue Peter badge and a pair of Ann Summers furry handcuffs in case they are needed during the closed season.

Now you've reminded me, you can have those furry handcuffs back that you lent me. I can't get rid of the rash.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The “new group” on 16:04 - Apr 12 with 2108 viewsTomRAFC

I saw James mention something about a new group in a poll but I didn't realise one was actually afoot.

I don't think anyone suggesting they are the ones to take charge of people's season ticket money will refer to themselves as anything other than well respected, although they may well be just that. I don't know who is behind the idea.

There is nothing stopping people who are unhappy with the trust becoming more involved and helping it change direction. I'm sure the trust would be glad of people willing to give up their time and effort, as well as bringing new ideas.

Unless this is some kind of reactionary thing. Maybe the trust isn't challenging the club enough for some people's liking, or challenging it too much, or not getting it just right in the way someone else believes they can? Goldilocks for the masses, perhaps?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

The “new group” on 16:23 - Apr 12 with 2036 viewskel

The “new group” on 16:04 - Apr 12 by TomRAFC

I saw James mention something about a new group in a poll but I didn't realise one was actually afoot.

I don't think anyone suggesting they are the ones to take charge of people's season ticket money will refer to themselves as anything other than well respected, although they may well be just that. I don't know who is behind the idea.

There is nothing stopping people who are unhappy with the trust becoming more involved and helping it change direction. I'm sure the trust would be glad of people willing to give up their time and effort, as well as bringing new ideas.

Unless this is some kind of reactionary thing. Maybe the trust isn't challenging the club enough for some people's liking, or challenging it too much, or not getting it just right in the way someone else believes they can? Goldilocks for the masses, perhaps?

I’ve said this in the past, Tom, when one of the fans who likes to shout loudest suggested he wanted to form his own supporters group. The Trust has a structure in place and all the hard work in setting up a group is done so why not put themselves forward for the Trust board and change from within?

As usual, it was met with silence.
The “new group” on 17:06 - Apr 12 with 1905 viewsTomRAFC

The “new group” on 16:23 - Apr 12 by kel

I’ve said this in the past, Tom, when one of the fans who likes to shout loudest suggested he wanted to form his own supporters group. The Trust has a structure in place and all the hard work in setting up a group is done so why not put themselves forward for the Trust board and change from within?

Well said.

A supporters group that represents the views of supporters (e.g. the trust) can only do so when supporters express their opinions to them.

Some people don't want to have to go through such effort but do want an entire group expressing their individual opinion to the club as if it is representative of the fan base.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

The “new group” on 17:12 - Apr 12 with 1890 viewsDaleiLama

The “new group” on 15:38 - Apr 12 by SuddenLad

Now you've reminded me, you can have those furry handcuffs back that you lent me. I can't get rid of the rash.

I told you to use the shackles on the sheep ........ not the furry handcuffs
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 17:13]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The “new group” on 17:26 - Apr 12 with 1835 viewsShun

The “new group” on 16:23 - Apr 12 by kel

Tbf, I suspect it was only met with silence as I think said user has you on ignore!
The “new group” on 17:29 - Apr 12 with 1822 viewskel

The “new group” on 17:26 - Apr 12 by Shun

Tbf, I suspect it was only met with silence as I think said user has you on ignore!

I did suspect that. Absolutely despises anybody who has a different opinion to him, hence his threats to “drop” people via PM to another user on here.

I’d like to think these other “well respected fans” are a bit more mature though and will provide me with the answers to the questions I posed in the opening post. Bet they don’t though.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 17:34]
The “new group” on 17:59 - Apr 12 with 1745 viewsblackdogblue

The “new group” on 17:29 - Apr 12 by kel

I did suspect that. Absolutely despises anybody who has a different opinion to him, hence his threats to “drop” people via PM to another user on here.

I’d like to think these other “well respected fans” are a bit more mature though and will provide me with the answers to the questions I posed in the opening post. Bet they don’t though.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 17:34]

Meetings are not being held in the Cem for this new splinter group are they?, won’t get off the ground until June

😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

The “new group” on 18:11 - Apr 12 with 1713 viewskel

The “new group” on 17:59 - Apr 12 by blackdogblue

Meetings are not being held in the Cem for this new splinter group are they?, won’t get off the ground until June

😀

You’re getting your cliques mixed up.
The “new group” on 19:20 - Apr 12 with 1586 viewsblackdogblue

The “new group” on 18:11 - Apr 12 by kel

You’re getting your cliques mixed up.

Black Dog doesn’t have one Kel, there’s only me

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

The “new group” on 19:21 - Apr 12 with 1569 viewskel

The “new group” on 19:20 - Apr 12 by blackdogblue

Black Dog doesn’t have one Kel, there’s only me

I don’t recall saying it did.
The “new group” on 04:56 - Apr 14 with 1078 viewsNigeriamark

The “new group” on 13:54 - Apr 12 by DaleiLama

wouldn't they also get first dibs on a discounted car park space before they get sold out, front line seats for the rock concert we would be promoting in the summer and preferential rates on the hotel and conference centre that would spring up. or am I getting my clubs mixed up?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024