Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Americans have pulled out 13:14 - Apr 12 with 13453 viewschuckleberry

Statement on Dan Altman’s LinkedIn:
The Americans have pulled out on 13:42 - Apr 12 with 6644 viewselectricblue

Pulled out of what exactly!

More explanation is required.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

The Americans have pulled out on 13:46 - Apr 12 with 6616 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 13:42 - Apr 12 by electricblue

Vietnam

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Americans have pulled out on 13:50 - Apr 12 with 6584 viewsDale92

The Americans have pulled out on 13:46 - Apr 12 by judd

Vietnam

that what we're calling the COA now?

This is the One, I've waited for

The Americans have pulled out on 13:50 - Apr 12 with 6582 viewsDaleiLama

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/altmandaniel_statement-on-rochdale-afc-activity-6

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The Americans have pulled out on 13:51 - Apr 12 with 6560 viewsSuddenLad

The Americans have pulled out on 13:42 - Apr 12 by electricblue

They have withdrawn all interest in Dale, due to issues in the Boardroom which have not been resolved. Their approval as Directors has passed the FA 'fit and proper person' test, but they have gone from the scene as far as we are concerned.

Very disappointing.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The Americans have pulled out on 13:51 - Apr 12 with 6570 viewsDaleiLama

The Americans have pulled out on 13:50 - Apr 12 by Dale92

that what we're calling the COA now?

Possibly after we've employed a Vice President of Napalm reading, to assess our likelihood of winning a game at home?

The Americans have pulled out on 13:52 - Apr 12 with 6565 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 13:51 - Apr 12 by DaleiLama

Possibly after we've employed a Vice President of Napalm reading, to assess our likelihood of winning a game at home?

You really know how to Hanoi.

The Americans have pulled out on 13:53 - Apr 12 with 6556 viewselectricblue

The Americans have pulled out on 13:50 - Apr 12 by DaleiLama

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/altmandaniel_statement-on-rochdale-afc-activity-6

Serious internal issues that that not been satisfactory resolved.

Over to CD now to get support for his return....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

The Americans have pulled out on 13:58 - Apr 12 with 6522 viewsDaleiLama

The Americans have pulled out on 13:52 - Apr 12 by judd

You really know how to Hanoi.

The post ended with a Sigh. Gone.

The Americans have pulled out on 14:06 - Apr 12 with 6465 viewsDaleiLama

The timing of this announcement, one week before the board meeting, is curious to say the least. The fact that it came today and was not delayed suggests (but there could be other possibilities) they have another opportunity lined up or they know that the issues blocking them historically will still be there a week tomorrow. Neither of which probably bodes well.

The Americans have pulled out on 14:08 - Apr 12 with 6443 viewsJames1980

So the potential of a multi million pound 'investment' has not led to boardroom issues being resolved. That makes me concerned that any boycott is not going to have the effect that those that take it desire.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The Americans have pulled out on 14:37 - Apr 12 with 6292 viewsTomRAFC

The Americans have pulled out on 14:08 - Apr 12 by James1980

So the potential of a multi million pound 'investment' has not led to boardroom issues being resolved. That makes me concerned that any boycott is not going to have the effect that those that take it desire.

A multimillion pound investment of zero interest loans...

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

The Americans have pulled out on 14:45 - Apr 12 with 6242 viewsSandyman

Speaks volumes about the chaos behind the scenes that has been created.

The Americans have pulled out on 14:46 - Apr 12 with 6236 views442Dale

The wording of that statement is pretty damning.
Whatever people may have thought about their roles in the club, for potential board members to use the phrases they have are very worrying.

Not sure why the next board meeting isn’t until the 19th with the obvious urgency in getting things addressed, but there has to be something coming from it to explain what exactly is going on.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Americans have pulled out on 15:10 - Apr 12 with 6122 viewsfunkkk

Aye, I don’t think we have enough information to assess whether this is a huge loss or not. What is obviously concerning is their comments on the current board.

I look forward to the club’s statement on this and Dunphy’s recent comments...
The Americans have pulled out on 15:13 - Apr 12 with 6100 viewsDaleiLama

The Americans have pulled out on 14:46 - Apr 12 by 442Dale

Whatever people may have thought about their roles in the club, for potential board members to use the phrases they have are very worrying.

Not sure why the next board meeting isn’t until the 19th with the obvious urgency in getting things addressed, but there has to be something coming from it to explain what exactly is going on.

They may be trying to decide if DB's CEO contract extension could be buried somewhere in the post-meeting announcement?

The Americans have pulled out on 15:29 - Apr 12 with 6017 views49thseason

The Americans have pulled out on 14:37 - Apr 12 by TomRAFC

A multimillion pound investment of zero interest loans...

That would have been fine if it had been spent on a training facility where the land was used to underwrite the loans and could be sold if RAFC ceased to exist as a going concern. The only cost to the club would be the maintenance and upkeep of the facility.
The loss of US investment is another nail in the coffin hammered in by boardroom incompetence and a lack of oversight, foresight and leadership.
Running a Football League club on a shoestring requires an iron hand on the purse and a forensic appreciation of every task that the club pays a wage to someone to undertake. I have the impression of a Board that has been asleep at the wheel and that didnt want anyone disturbing their slumbers.
The Americans have pulled out on 15:31 - Apr 12 with 6007 viewsSuddenLad

I think the withdrawal of the Altman interest is a serious blow. Of course we'll never know how successful any involvement may have been, but we would have had access to a great source of investment and fresh, modern ideas, which we desperately need .

An opportunity lost because of internal Boardroom squabbling and disharmony.

FFS the lot of you upstairs - get it sorted or get out. It's OUR club.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The Americans have pulled out on 15:40 - Apr 12 with 5971 viewsjonahwhereru

Odd situation is this. They have walked away from 2 EFL clubs now. Both times not in the most flattering or civil circumstances. Not sure that having 2 more significant shareholders not taking any active interest in the club is a good thing right now. Would much prefer for them to sell their shares (back to Dunphy would be good), and go and peddle their messiah propaganda and technology elsewhere.
I accept there is no smoke without fire and they probably didn’t like all they saw, but they are astute enough to have made the initial purchase with both eyes open. This is not a case of the due diligence highlighting issues, that was done when they bought the shares.
TBH I think Covid happened and as a poorly supported L1 club we weren’t sheltered enough from the economic impacts for them to maintain their appetite for getting involved.
Swansea don’t seem to have suffered from Altman walking away. Sense we won’t either. I will be interested to see where they next pitch up and if they then sell their Dale shares.
The Americans have pulled out on 15:47 - Apr 12 with 5929 views442Dale

The Americans have pulled out on 15:40 - Apr 12 by jonahwhereru

Odd situation is this. They have walked away from 2 EFL clubs now. Both times not in the most flattering or civil circumstances. Not sure that having 2 more significant shareholders not taking any active interest in the club is a good thing right now. Would much prefer for them to sell their shares (back to Dunphy would be good), and go and peddle their messiah propaganda and technology elsewhere.
I accept there is no smoke without fire and they probably didn’t like all they saw, but they are astute enough to have made the initial purchase with both eyes open. This is not a case of the due diligence highlighting issues, that was done when they bought the shares.
TBH I think Covid happened and as a poorly supported L1 club we weren’t sheltered enough from the economic impacts for them to maintain their appetite for getting involved.
Swansea don’t seem to have suffered from Altman walking away. Sense we won’t either. I will be interested to see where they next pitch up and if they then sell their Dale shares.

Irrespective of what else had happened previously, and there were valid concerns about their involvement a year ago, we need to establish why they accepted directorships only to almost immediately suspend that acceptance.

What were the issues they mention to create such a change in stance and how did they come to light so quickly?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Americans have pulled out on 16:38 - Apr 12 with 5695 viewsnordenblue

The Americans have pulled out on 14:46 - Apr 12 by 442Dale

Our super grafting illustrious CEO will just be busy,very very busy, in fact too busy to respond, send your questions in,give him time and he'll respond in a year or two...
The Americans have pulled out on 16:41 - Apr 12 with 5682 viewsBigKindo

The Americans have pulled out on 16:38 - Apr 12 by nordenblue

Our super grafting illustrious CEO will just be busy,very very busy, in fact too busy to respond, send your questions in,give him time and he'll respond in a year or two...

....... or even never.
The Americans have pulled out on 16:48 - Apr 12 with 5639 viewsD_Alien

It is just me... or are those suggesting it's the end of the road for the American involvement being premature?

If you read their statement, imo they've left wriggle room

Whether that's a good or a bad thing, i've absolutely no opinion tbh but it's something that i hope CD will have to resolve, having had previous dealings with them

[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 16:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Americans have pulled out on 16:53 - Apr 12 with 5595 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 16:48 - Apr 12 by D_Alien

It is just me... or are those suggesting it's the end of the road for the American involvement being premature?

If you read their statement, imo they've left wriggle room

Whether that's a good or a bad thing, i've absolutely no opinion tbh but it's something that i hope CD will have to resolve, having had previous dealings with them

[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 16:49]

I've read that too. They are not divesting their shares. They wanted something to change quickly in order to address serious internal issues. It didn't happen.

It is easy to speculate what that change is and it is no coincidence that the initial stall was around the time of Bigkindo's epic thread.

The Americans have pulled out on 17:16 - Apr 12 with 5470 viewsNewbury_Dale

Other than the purchasing of shares, had they spent any other money ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024