Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The relegation run-in. 10:48 - Apr 21 with 12561 viewsDareToCalvin

AFC Wimbledon - 50 points
Portsmouth H
Lincoln A

Wigan - 48 points
Hull A
SWINDON H
––––––––––––––––––––––––––
ROCHDALE - 44 points
Doncaster H
MK Dons A

Northampton - 44 points
Blackpool H
Sunderland A

Swindon - 40 points - RELEGATED
Ipswich H
WIGAN A

Bristol Rovers - 38 points - RELEGATED
Crewe H
Blackpool A
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 21:49]
The relegation run-in. on 10:49 - Apr 21 with 6720 viewsDareToCalvin

Looking at this, even though they’re in good form, Wimbledon have a tough run in, as do Northampton. While it is still very unlikely, I think 8/9 points will be enough.
The relegation run-in. on 10:50 - Apr 21 with 6709 viewsdingdangblue

Shrews only on 50.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The relegation run-in. on 10:56 - Apr 21 with 6685 viewsDareToCalvin

The relegation run-in. on 10:50 - Apr 21 by dingdangblue

Shrews only on 50.

Edited- thanks
The relegation run-in. on 14:20 - Apr 21 with 6291 viewsLaveritty

Joey Barton throwing his players under the bus:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56827410

"In 12 months time I think there will be a few of them who'll be very, very fortunate to still be in the professional game."

Oof - nothing to do with the manager whatsoever then!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 14:21]

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

The relegation run-in. on 14:39 - Apr 21 with 6234 viewsnordenblue

The relegation run-in. on 14:20 - Apr 21 by Laveritty

"In 12 months time I think there will be a few of them who'll be very, very fortunate to still be in the professional game."

He's certainly talking from experience, he's still stealing a living from football
The relegation run-in. on 14:43 - Apr 21 with 6216 viewsSuddenLad

The relegation run-in. on 14:20 - Apr 21 by Laveritty

Or the other 2 managers they've had this season?

I'm not Bartons' biggest fan by any means, but he knows his players as well as anyone after 15 games in charge, and they can't really put up much of an argument.

I don't suppose going public with his opinions will help much, but the players, the fans and the wider public know what he thinks. They're almost beyond saving their status anyway.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The relegation run-in. on 15:00 - Apr 21 with 6187 viewsLaveritty

The relegation run-in. on 14:43 - Apr 21 by SuddenLad

Or the other 2 managers they've had this season?

I'm not Bartons' biggest fan by any means, but he knows his players as well as anyone after 15 games in charge, and they can't really put up much of an argument.

I don't suppose going public with his opinions will help much, but the players, the fans and the wider public know what he thinks. They're almost beyond saving their status anyway.

Don't be introducing fairness and rationale to the argument - where's the fun in that?

The relegation run-in. on 15:35 - Apr 21 with 6102 viewsdingdangblue

All we can do is keep going and hope Wigan and Wimbledon drop some points on Saturday. Its absolutely crazy that we've won 3 in a row and not gained on either of them. Hoping Shrewsbury lose all 5 games they've got left is asking a lot but they may take their foot of the gas thinking they are already safe.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

The relegation run-in. on 15:45 - Apr 21 with 6069 viewsblackdogblue

I don’t think 9 / 12 points will be enough, we need to win every game & hope others above lose at least one if not two

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

The relegation run-in. on 15:58 - Apr 21 with 6044 viewsLaveritty

If I was a fan of Shrewsbury, Burton and even as far up as Plymouth on 53 points with only 3 left to play (and tonked 6-0 at home last night!), I would be looking at the current form of most of the teams below and wondering what the hell is going on?

Burton looked as if they were heading off into the sunset a couple of weeks ago and now even they must be experiencing a bit of squeaky bum time?

Anybody know what is the highest number of points to get relegated with? I have not looked in depth at who plays who (which would mean dropped points elsewhere) but even if we won the last 4 and got to 54 points I still would not be confident that it would make us safe?

As has been said elsewhere and many times - why has it taken so long and so much turgid football before suddenly starting to play, and get results, that many, if not most, people thought the players were capable of?

The relegation run-in. on 16:06 - Apr 21 with 6017 viewsnordenblue

The relegation run-in. on 15:58 - Apr 21 by Laveritty

If I was a fan of Shrewsbury, Burton and even as far up as Plymouth on 53 points with only 3 left to play (and tonked 6-0 at home last night!), I would be looking at the current form of most of the teams below and wondering what the hell is going on?

Burton looked as if they were heading off into the sunset a couple of weeks ago and now even they must be experiencing a bit of squeaky bum time?

Anybody know what is the highest number of points to get relegated with? I have not looked in depth at who plays who (which would mean dropped points elsewhere) but even if we won the last 4 and got to 54 points I still would not be confident that it would make us safe?

As has been said elsewhere and many times - why has it taken so long and so much turgid football before suddenly starting to play, and get results, that many, if not most, people thought the players were capable of?

The current form also highlights perfectly what most of us knew all season long, that we have always had plenty enough talent within the current team/squad that should be easily safe from a relegation scrap, it really didn't need to be anything like this.

Blame covid, BBM or our illustrious CEO but one things for sure its been one big shit show that's been criminally allowed to rumble on far too long.
The relegation run-in. on 17:13 - Apr 21 with 5888 viewsboromat

Shrewsbury - 56 points
Wigan - 53 points
AFC Wimbledon - 51 points
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––
ROCHDALE - 49 points
Northampton - 46 points
Swindon - 43 points
Bristol Rovers - 41 points

This is my quick prediction. I have us relegated but also shows 51 points and above could see us safe which isn't winning all of our games but not far off.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

The relegation run-in. on 17:17 - Apr 21 with 5872 viewsBigDaveMyCock

If we don’t beat Crewe on Saturday we’re as good as down.
How’s that?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

The relegation run-in. on 18:37 - Apr 21 with 5731 viewsdingdangblue

The relegation run-in. on 17:17 - Apr 21 by BigDaveMyCock

If we don’t beat Crewe on Saturday we’re as good as down.
How’s that?

It does depend on Wigan and Wimbledon too. Especially with us playing Wimbledon Tuesday. If we all lost or draw on Saturday and we win at Wimbledon we'd only be 3 points behind them and only 2 behind Wigan going into the last 2 games. Still lots of twists and turns yet hopefully.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 18:43]

The relegation run-in. on 19:37 - Apr 21 with 5624 viewsToffeemanc

The relegation run-in. on 18:37 - Apr 21 by dingdangblue

It does depend on Wigan and Wimbledon too. Especially with us playing Wimbledon Tuesday. If we all lost or draw on Saturday and we win at Wimbledon we'd only be 3 points behind them and only 2 behind Wigan going into the last 2 games. Still lots of twists and turns yet hopefully.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 18:43]

Looking at the weekend fixtures and the current point totals it seems very likely that Wimbledon will secure their own survival and confirm our relegation by beating us next Tuesday.
To be fair relegation is all we deserve this season.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 19:42]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The relegation run-in. on 22:20 - Apr 21 with 5398 viewsdingdangblue

The relegation run-in. on 19:37 - Apr 21 by Toffeemanc

Looking at the weekend fixtures and the current point totals it seems very likely that Wimbledon will secure their own survival and confirm our relegation by beating us next Tuesday.
To be fair relegation is all we deserve this season.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 19:42]

To be fair - if we won our final 7 games from being in bottom position to playing like we have in the last 3 games how can anyone say we don't deserve to stay up?
It would be a remarkable feat.

The relegation run-in. on 22:23 - Apr 21 with 5393 viewsTVOS1907

The relegation run-in. on 22:20 - Apr 21 by dingdangblue

To be fair - if we won our final 7 games from being in bottom position to playing like we have in the last 3 games how can anyone say we don't deserve to stay up?

In 1978/79, we won seven of the last eight to avoid re-election.

I'm sure someone like pioneer will have vivid memories of that time.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

The relegation run-in. on 22:25 - Apr 21 with 5385 viewsD_Alien

The relegation run-in. on 22:20 - Apr 21 by dingdangblue

In one sense, it'd be cheating fate, by not respecting the basics of good management in L1 for the previous seven months

And cheats don't deserve to prosper

Sure, i'd take it, but it'd still be annoying since it'd be proof that being bottom was so unnecessary in the first place
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 22:27]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The relegation run-in. on 22:51 - Apr 21 with 5330 viewsSandyman

Would still welcome the miracle of avoiding relegation - we deserve something for our sufferance.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 22:59]
The relegation run-in. on 09:35 - Apr 22 with 5115 viewsDaleiLama

The relegation run-in. on 22:25 - Apr 21 by D_Alien

In one sense, it'd be cheating fate, by not respecting the basics of good management in L1 for the previous seven months

And cheats don't deserve to prosper

Sure, i'd take it, but it'd still be annoying since it'd be proof that being bottom was so unnecessary in the first place
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 22:27]

Trying to see the positives in this, if we do survive we're going to be better off in the future in every sense, and surely BBM will have learned a huge lesson (better late than never) which will also hopefully never be forgotten. It seems like he's going to be here next year come what may, and some of the recruitment we have done has been (dare I say it) good. If we can bring in more players like Grant, Lund, Bees and Humphreys, loan (or sign - I know - no chance) more players like Osho and continue to develop players we have in order to play progressive, attacking football ........... If we play to our strengths to cover our weaknesses, rather than exposing them, we might actually be watchable next year. Lots of ifs I know.

Does that justify the cr@p we've had to put up with this year? Nope. But in a year when everything's been cr@p, and with all the off-field problems, I would be prepared to turn the page on the 2020-21 season, never to be mentioned again, and give BBM a very clear mandate in the last "show -me" year of his contract (at least according to the last thing that we've been told).

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The relegation run-in. on 11:30 - Apr 22 with 5000 viewspioneer

The relegation run-in. on 22:23 - Apr 21 by TVOS1907

In 1978/79, we won seven of the last eight to avoid re-election.

I'm sure someone like pioneer will have vivid memories of that time.

It looked like we were gone-ers.

Memories? Going to Barnsley who were to be promoted, and playing them off the park winning 3-0. Ex Leeds and England striker Allan Clarke was their manager and the game was televised on Yorkshire TV.

To some extent the last game, that we needed to win to get out of the reelection spots, was at Crewe.... yes we had to win at Crewe! And we do again 42 years later.

Unlike this season Crewe were bottom of the league and with us having won six from seven (the one loss was at Halifax) it was somewhat of an anticlimax. There was a big away following and as far as I can remember we were in control of the game most of the evening.

The season had started with no win until late october and then lost 6 of the next 7. Theboard finally recognised Mike Ferguson was out of his depth as manager and, instead of giving him a secret contract extension, brought Peter Madden back as Caretaker. Eventually Doug Collins was appointed as player manager and was responsible for the great escape.

So yes miracles happen!
The relegation run-in. on 14:23 - Apr 22 with 4830 viewsEllDale

The relegation run-in. on 11:30 - Apr 22 by pioneer

It looked like we were gone-ers.

Memories? Going to Barnsley who were to be promoted, and playing them off the park winning 3-0. Ex Leeds and England striker Allan Clarke was their manager and the game was televised on Yorkshire TV.

To some extent the last game, that we needed to win to get out of the reelection spots, was at Crewe.... yes we had to win at Crewe! And we do again 42 years later.

Unlike this season Crewe were bottom of the league and with us having won six from seven (the one loss was at Halifax) it was somewhat of an anticlimax. There was a big away following and as far as I can remember we were in control of the game most of the evening.

The season had started with no win until late october and then lost 6 of the next 7. Theboard finally recognised Mike Ferguson was out of his depth as manager and, instead of giving him a secret contract extension, brought Peter Madden back as Caretaker. Eventually Doug Collins was appointed as player manager and was responsible for the great escape.

So yes miracles happen!

Made some shrewd defensive signings just before Chrsitmas like Peter Creamer and Brian Taylor.
Bobby Hoy had a fantastic second half of the season as well.
The relegation run-in. on 16:23 - Apr 22 with 4695 viewsD_Alien

The relegation run-in. on 09:35 - Apr 22 by DaleiLama

Trying to see the positives in this, if we do survive we're going to be better off in the future in every sense, and surely BBM will have learned a huge lesson (better late than never) which will also hopefully never be forgotten. It seems like he's going to be here next year come what may, and some of the recruitment we have done has been (dare I say it) good. If we can bring in more players like Grant, Lund, Bees and Humphreys, loan (or sign - I know - no chance) more players like Osho and continue to develop players we have in order to play progressive, attacking football ........... If we play to our strengths to cover our weaknesses, rather than exposing them, we might actually be watchable next year. Lots of ifs I know.

Does that justify the cr@p we've had to put up with this year? Nope. But in a year when everything's been cr@p, and with all the off-field problems, I would be prepared to turn the page on the 2020-21 season, never to be mentioned again, and give BBM a very clear mandate in the last "show -me" year of his contract (at least according to the last thing that we've been told).

i hear you, and the voices of others who've made a case for BBM retention and/or a second chance

My primary concern is that this season isn't subject to revisionism in the light of the upturn in form - however... whilst i think we're going down unnecessarily, if BBM were to demonstrate early doors that he's got us playing in a way that'll take us back up, i'm not going to be arsey about it. That's a big IF though, and there will need to be other changes at the club which means he's not given any further leeway should he fail to demonstrate he's finally - at the third attempt - learnt the lesson of how to manage in the lower leagues
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 16:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The relegation run-in. on 21:21 - Apr 22 with 4424 viewspioneer

The relegation run-in. on 14:23 - Apr 22 by EllDale

Made some shrewd defensive signings just before Chrsitmas like Peter Creamer and Brian Taylor.
Bobby Hoy had a fantastic second half of the season as well.

Didnt Bobby hoy retire to pursue his music career?

We still snuggled through winter...won only two games between new years day and april fools day...then something clicked.

Just checked the Barnsley game....12,000 crowd expecting to celebrate promotion....Dale party poopers
The relegation run-in. on 07:57 - Apr 23 with 4226 viewsSaxonDale

Do think Grant has made a real difference to our style. Great to see midfielders who are comfortable enough on their first touch to go forward more often than not- for one reason or another that didn’t happen enough earlier in the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024