Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracts 11:53 - Apr 29 with 9306 viewsBainesy15

Been through and worked out contract lengths for the squad*. Provided we go down, surely a lot have to go - but how many would want to stay?

Lynch - OOC
Wade - 1Y
McLaughlin - OOC
McNulty - OOC
McShane - OOC
O'Connell - OOC
Dunne - OOC (1Y OPTION)
Keohane - OOC
Morley - 1Y
Ryan - OOC
Dooley - OOC
Lund - OOC
Shaughnessy - 1Y
Grant - 2Y
Newby - 1Y
Done - OOC
Bradley - OOC
Hopper - OOC
Rathbone - 1Y
Brierley - 2Y
Baah - OOC
Humphrys - 1Y
Beesley - 2Y
Mulvey - OOC
Odoh -1Y

For what it's worth, I'd offer deals to Lund, O'Connell and Keohane (plus Baah obviously) then Ryan/McLaughlin/McShane (fitness dependent), Dooley/Done (short term). Lynch I'm not sure on, same with Hopper. I think we should take the option on Dunne.

*Provided they don't all have new, unannounced deals
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 12:01]
Contracts on 20:39 - May 2 with 2845 viewsChaffRAFC

Kacper Mialkowski is a first year.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/july/firstyearscholars/

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Contracts on 17:51 - May 9 with 2384 viewsD_Dale

McLaughlin and McShane: maybe today's team selection hints that neither will get offers for the next season.

Not much longer, presumably, before the retain and release lists are announced.
Contracts on 19:07 - May 9 with 2216 viewsnordenblue

Contracts on 17:51 - May 9 by D_Dale

McLaughlin and McShane: maybe today's team selection hints that neither will get offers for the next season.

Not much longer, presumably, before the retain and release lists are announced.

Hopefully true, both pick up a wage for playing nowhere near enough games, regardless of how good they may be they're both no use at all sat in the stands for big chunks of a season
Contracts on 23:11 - May 9 with 2028 viewsBrierls

Contracts on 19:07 - May 9 by nordenblue

Hopefully true, both pick up a wage for playing nowhere near enough games, regardless of how good they may be they're both no use at all sat in the stands for big chunks of a season

I think McLaughlin was on a deal that reflected his injury record. I’m undecided if that was worth it, but I wouldn’t be totally against him getting a similar reduced deal.

McShane was on much better terms. We’re a much much better defensive unit with him in it, but the issue was always going to be the time he spent on the treatment table. A gamble that did not pay off.
Contracts on 16:27 - May 10 with 1642 viewsBucketBstard

Contracts on 15:10 - Apr 29 by D_Alien

If McShane's up for it, i'd welcome him being given another 12 month contract. It'd give him opportunity to take over the reins should BBM find himself unable to deliver the type of football for us to compete in L2

It makes me wonder if that was in his mind when he signed for Dale in the first place. As previously mentioned some time ago, he's got all the badges and the stated ambition to use them

Plus, of course, he'd still be valuable on the pitch when fit, in the slightly less pacy conditions of L2

Should he be allowed to leave, some other club will no doubt be allowed the chance to give him his first opportunity in coaching/management, which would be typical Dale

McShane was at fault for many a goal in the latest run in , although having McNumpty on the pitch with you would upset your defending capabilities. McShane can go . He isnt going to be any fitter same for McLaughlin. He was pedestrian against Donny and showed absolutely nothing even leaving Morley exposed.
Contracts on 18:44 - May 10 with 1501 viewsRanvier

Just heard from a friend that Shrewsbury are after Keohane.
Contracts on 20:09 - May 10 with 1321 viewsSuddenLad

Judging by Ryan McLaughlins latest tweet, we could've seen the last of him.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Contracts on 20:15 - May 10 with 1313 viewsEllDale

Contracts on 18:44 - May 10 by Ranvier

Just heard from a friend that Shrewsbury are after Keohane.

I understand that Keohane has had a decent season but to my mind he’s an average lower league journeyman.
He could sign for the likes of Shrewsbury or Accrington or whoever but I’d be underwhelmed if I was a supporter of whichever team he eventually ends up at as he’s never going to transform a mid table outfit into one challenging for promotion.
Good luck and all the best to him though.
Login to get fewer ads

Contracts on 20:39 - May 10 with 1278 viewsrichfoad32

Contracts on 20:15 - May 10 by EllDale

I understand that Keohane has had a decent season but to my mind he’s an average lower league journeyman.
He could sign for the likes of Shrewsbury or Accrington or whoever but I’d be underwhelmed if I was a supporter of whichever team he eventually ends up at as he’s never going to transform a mid table outfit into one challenging for promotion.

He doesn't need to transform a team into world beaters though, there are others who can do that. He's just a nice complementary piece who can play multiple positions and usually be relied upon to do a solid job. The sort that is invaluable to teams on a limited budget, including us.
Contracts on 21:21 - May 10 with 1190 viewsblackdogblue

Contracts on 20:15 - May 10 by EllDale

There are a lot of ifs & buts but this made me laugh somewhat, a lower league journeyman..

You don’t get lower than we are next season unless Chalky’s mob want him

As for McLaughlin on other posts, when fit, really impressed...

Let’s see who our talented young (held back by the board or not up to the job) “Manager” let’s go..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Contracts on 21:28 - May 10 with 1175 viewsboromat

Contracts on 21:21 - May 10 by blackdogblue

There are a lot of ifs & buts but this made me laugh somewhat, a lower league journeyman..

You don’t get lower than we are next season unless Chalky’s mob want him

As for McLaughlin on other posts, when fit, really impressed...

Let’s see who our talented young (held back by the board or not up to the job) “Manager” let’s go..

If the rumours about the youth team decisions are anything to go by then BBM might not be making the choices.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024