Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have I missed something? 19:47 - May 1 with 4688 viewsdavidab2202

Can't find anything refering to any after the match comment from our much loved Manager
Perhaps he is still unaware that we have today been relegated as he doesn't look at the League table
I
Have I missed something? on 19:50 - May 1 with 4654 viewsjudd

They're out on the piss.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Have I missed something? on 19:53 - May 1 with 4627 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Have I missed something? on 19:53 - May 1 with 4626 viewsAtThePeake

Tangled up in blue.

Have I missed something? on 19:55 - May 1 with 4608 viewsFrog

Humble in defeat? He's had enough practice.
Have I missed something? on 20:07 - May 1 with 4534 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Have I missed something? on 19:50 - May 1 by judd

They're out on the piss.

Sort of job's done jobby?

It should be us lot out on the piss......the Club's in tatters.
Have I missed something? on 20:19 - May 1 with 4468 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I'm afraid I have to disagree with a lot of what BBM says. Exceptional is not a word I would associate with 95% of the season. It upsets me we're going to have to endure another 12 months of this.
Have I missed something? on 20:29 - May 1 with 4384 viewsdingdangblue

Have I missed something? on 20:19 - May 1 by RooleyMoorBlue

I'm afraid I have to disagree with a lot of what BBM says. Exceptional is not a word I would associate with 95% of the season. It upsets me we're going to have to endure another 12 months of this.

Agree with that. We played well in the 1st half today and created loads of chances but it wasn't exceptional. I definitely think Humphrys should have started today - he looked a lot fitter than the Crewe and Wimbledon games where he made little impact - he could have made the difference in the 1st half today.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Have I missed something? on 20:33 - May 1 with 4353 viewskel

Have I missed something? on 19:50 - May 1 by judd

They're out on the piss.

Eee, takes me back to the Rivals days does that when I said summat similar after a defeat to bury. My club phone call was better than yours, ner ner ner ner ner ner.
Login to get fewer ads

Have I missed something? on 09:47 - May 2 with 3965 viewsAReeves

Interview sounds / feels bit like a - thanks and goodbye - maybe to most of the players

Worn the shirt with pride all season REALLY !!!!

Weirdly feel for him a bit, as clearly he's out of his depth and just regurgitating soundbites now

Think like most people right now on here - Genuinely and seriously worried re where were going
Have I missed something? on 09:51 - May 2 with 3949 viewsboromat

Have I missed something? on 09:47 - May 2 by AReeves

Interview sounds / feels bit like a - thanks and goodbye - maybe to most of the players

Weirdly feel for him a bit, as clearly he's out of his depth and just regurgitating soundbites now

Think like most people right now on here - Genuinely and seriously worried re where were going

I also thought it sounded like a bit of a goodbye as if most of the players won't be here next season. No reason why we shouldn't see a released list soon especially with the club focussed and determined to improve communication
[Post edited 2 May 2021 9:51]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Have I missed something? on 10:09 - May 2 with 3886 viewsDalenet

Have I missed something? on 09:47 - May 2 by AReeves

Agree with that.....he said he felt guilty and I wonder how much he really feels he is at fault. Not only will the squad be decimated, but perhaps he has realised it is his time to go too.

I don't expect we will hear a peep this week on anything. The Board is working out what to do (they never really had a plan did they?) and Bottomley will control what is said in due course. I guess few will want to watch the last game next week
Have I missed something? on 11:46 - May 2 with 3684 viewsArthurDaley

Never listen to what bbm says, but if what he said in todays Sunday Mirror is true i am lost for words.
bbm said I'm very disappointed and i feel responsible for the end result. I honestly didn't feel we would be relegated with the talent within our squad , so today was a bit of a shock.

FFS

A large VAT Dave

Have I missed something? on 12:10 - May 2 with 3605 viewsTheTedOliverFanclub

It is time for a complete clear out, on and off the pitch.Its been as clear as mud that we would be relegated.Very concerned we might not have a club at all before very long,off the ptch the club is a shambles much like the teams and management performance for most of the season,but i am convinced if fans would have been present the present manager would be driving a taxi, hoping for the very best.
Have I missed something? on 12:24 - May 2 with 3569 viewsSandyman

Whoever said this manager is "hugely talented" and secretly gave him a contract extension showed very poor judgement. As usual. Relegation is a consequence of your actions.
Have I missed something? on 12:42 - May 2 with 3540 viewsSalegraham

Anybody else seen the rediculous penalty that vengeance fc got in the last minute, if I was a imps fan I'd be furious.
Have I missed something? on 12:55 - May 2 with 3497 viewsSuddenLad

Have I missed something? on 12:42 - May 2 by Salegraham

Anybody else seen the rediculous penalty that vengeance fc got in the last minute, if I was a imps fan I'd be furious.

They did the same here in the dying moments of time added on. That crass decision denied us two points. It's OK when you can get away with it so successfully, so often. That referee yesterday, should never be allowed to take charge of another game until he is re-trained. He has a brilliant view of the incident, so there is no justification for a penalty decision. None.

No doubt Mike Riley's representative will be along soon to claim otherwise.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Have I missed something? on 13:02 - May 2 with 3475 viewsncfc_chalky

Have I missed something? on 12:10 - May 2 by TheTedOliverFanclub

It is time for a complete clear out, on and off the pitch.Its been as clear as mud that we would be relegated.Very concerned we might not have a club at all before very long,off the ptch the club is a shambles much like the teams and management performance for most of the season,but i am convinced if fans would have been present the present manager would be driving a taxi, hoping for the very best.

'its been as clear as mud that we would be relegated'?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Have I missed something? on 13:11 - May 2 with 3462 viewselectricblue

Many Daleys last summer touted it would be relegation fight this season and it was spot on.
What we as supporters never envisaged is the shambles from behind the scenes at board level..

Now im going to stick my neck out here and give my backing to BBM for the oncoming season my reason being is that sincerely i hope that he as learned from the current season....
I also think that BBM needs an experienced person to work with.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Have I missed something? on 17:14 - May 2 with 3260 viewsdavidab2202

Have I missed something? on 13:11 - May 2 by electricblue

Many Daleys last summer touted it would be relegation fight this season and it was spot on.
What we as supporters never envisaged is the shambles from behind the scenes at board level..

Now im going to stick my neck out here and give my backing to BBM for the oncoming season my reason being is that sincerely i hope that he as learned from the current season....
I also think that BBM needs an experienced person to work with.....

I'm 73,been a Dale fan since 1953 so have experienced more sh1t times than most. My application will be flying in this week
Have I missed something? on 17:40 - May 3 with 2824 viewsrich_dale

Have I missed something? on 12:55 - May 2 by SuddenLad

They did the same here in the dying moments of time added on. That crass decision denied us two points. It's OK when you can get away with it so successfully, so often. That referee yesterday, should never be allowed to take charge of another game until he is re-trained. He has a brilliant view of the incident, so there is no justification for a penalty decision. None.

No doubt Mike Riley's representative will be along soon to claim otherwise.

Disgraceful that you can just bump into a defender and throw yourself to ground and the referee obliges. I'd rather support an honest team with integrity than claim the extra points for cheating in the last minute.
Have I missed something? on 07:44 - May 4 with 2560 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

We shouldn't forget that the club is in talks with a number of parties wishing to invest in the club. The problem will be when they discover the same shortcomings as did the American duo. This will continue to happen, unless someone with no sense and millions to burn turns up. Investment via advertising is all well and good, as the investor gets his company name up in lights and doesn't really care how his money is spent. To an investor wanting to help the club for little or nothing in return, I would imagine he/she would want a say in how this money is used. If they see a bad business model then they will take their money elsewhere and this will happen time and time again, until the bad apples are thrown out. Success on a shoestring isn't a pipedream in League 2, but to get it you need experience, as Keith Hill proved second time around. Under BBM it will all still be experimental, but the same experiment expecting a different result, which will never happen. I think there are still a few things left open to the fans. Vote with our wallets, vote with our feet, vote with both. Peaceful protest march, heightening the demise of Bury as a stick to beat the present incumbents with. A fan buyout as I and a few others have previously mentioned. Some fans could perhaps spare £1,000, some £500, some £250, some £100, £50, £25, £10. The point is, it doesn't matter how much each and everyone of us can afford, the point is we ALL stick together. We vote on the best way forward, votes that aren't just available to Trust members and/or season ticket holders, but to everyone young and old. This town doesn't realise how lucky it is to have a football league club, so let's bang the drum and show that it brings money into the town from visiting fans, exposure on TV (for the right reasons) and a feeling of pride to all residents of the borough of Rochdale. The time is now!
Have I missed something? on 08:36 - May 4 with 2488 viewsTalkingSutty

Have I missed something? on 07:44 - May 4 by RooleyMoorBlue

We shouldn't forget that the club is in talks with a number of parties wishing to invest in the club. The problem will be when they discover the same shortcomings as did the American duo. This will continue to happen, unless someone with no sense and millions to burn turns up. Investment via advertising is all well and good, as the investor gets his company name up in lights and doesn't really care how his money is spent. To an investor wanting to help the club for little or nothing in return, I would imagine he/she would want a say in how this money is used. If they see a bad business model then they will take their money elsewhere and this will happen time and time again, until the bad apples are thrown out. Success on a shoestring isn't a pipedream in League 2, but to get it you need experience, as Keith Hill proved second time around. Under BBM it will all still be experimental, but the same experiment expecting a different result, which will never happen. I think there are still a few things left open to the fans. Vote with our wallets, vote with our feet, vote with both. Peaceful protest march, heightening the demise of Bury as a stick to beat the present incumbents with. A fan buyout as I and a few others have previously mentioned. Some fans could perhaps spare £1,000, some £500, some £250, some £100, £50, £25, £10. The point is, it doesn't matter how much each and everyone of us can afford, the point is we ALL stick together. We vote on the best way forward, votes that aren't just available to Trust members and/or season ticket holders, but to everyone young and old. This town doesn't realise how lucky it is to have a football league club, so let's bang the drum and show that it brings money into the town from visiting fans, exposure on TV (for the right reasons) and a feeling of pride to all residents of the borough of Rochdale. The time is now!

That’s a great post. What do investors want with our Club anyway? Investors, whether that be a group or a individual are interested in making money, a Club like Rochdale with one of the smallest fan base in the EFL will lose you money, that’s obvious. So what is the attraction? If we are talking about a life long Dale fan with money to burn then that person should be welcomed, everybody else should be treated with a great deal of suspicion, especially when you throw into the mix the people we have at the Club who will have been instrumental in the negotiations. The way they tried to conceal the BBM contract from the supporters is enough of a red flag to tell you that they can’t be trusted.

Spotland and the area around the ground can’t be developed, there is constant talk about the need for a new training ground etc, this all points in one direction i think...selling the ground and building a new Lego stadium in another part of the Borough with owners who are probably more interested in investing in land and buildings rather than running a football club and striving to constantly improve the product on the pitch. Are these investors going to be pumping millions of pounds of their own money into the Club or borrowing it because that’s what Stuart Day etc did. Are these investors football people ? At some point it sounds like the CEO etc are going to unveil their ‘plan’ and then rather than be seduced by the no doubt fantastic plans for the Club, the Supporters and the Trust in particular need to sit down and think about the long term future of OUR Club and the type of people we want making the decisions. I was always a bit sceptical about fan ownership but things have changed and i now think it is the only way to make sure the long term future of the Club is protected. What do they say....Beware of strangers bearing gifts!
Have I missed something? on 12:55 - May 4 with 2263 viewselectricblue

Have I missed something? on 07:44 - May 4 by RooleyMoorBlue

I will go with the investing as a supporter but how can this be achieved.

Do the interested Dalies go through the trust to get this rolling and are there enough interested parties to make this dream happen...

There are many questions that will need answering.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Have I missed something? on 13:46 - May 4 with 2165 views49thseason

Have I missed something? on 12:55 - May 4 by electricblue

I will go with the investing as a supporter but how can this be achieved.

Do the interested Dalies go through the trust to get this rolling and are there enough interested parties to make this dream happen...

There are many questions that will need answering.

They could release 250,000 new shares at £2 each . But dont think they would like the dilution of their own shareholdings

Or they could offer the opportunity to buy 21/22 and 22/23 season tickets right now. With a healthy discount if you buy both. Its stealing from the income 12 months hence but needs must when you are skint. Its not the debt that kills you its the lack of cash.
They could also drop the stupid pay on the day prices and make matches affordable for more people. Why have empty seats?

They thought they could carry on selling players occasionally and not worrying about other streams of income , their self-satisfaction is now biting them in the arse. Now they have to pay for the missing fans this season and there is a hole in the balance sheet, partially filled by the EFL money , partially mitigated by slashing the cost of the squad , helped by some sponsorship money and a dribble of income from IFollow. My guess would be that the hole in the accounts may not be as huge as it could have been but it will leave little or nothing for the team building so obviously needed. Otherwise they would be selling season tickets from next Monday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024