Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A big thanks 08:46 - May 3 with 1944 viewselectricblue

A big thanks to the Manchester United supporters for showing the football world how not to try and get changes at your supported club....

Watching the disgraceful scenes unfold on sunday afternoon shows how moronic some people can be.....

This should be a pointer to all Daleys what not to participate in if wanting a change within the club...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

A big thanks on 09:37 - May 3 with 1838 viewsSuddenLad

We all recognise the intense feelings behind the formation of the ESL and how it was done in such an underhand way. That was disgraceful and fans have a right to protest not only about that, but about the way their club has been hi-jacked by the Glazers, where fans are treated as a non-entity and have been since the day they walked through the door.

The morons who got inside the ground yesterday did their club and their cause no favours. Letting off rocket flares aimed at the Sky commentary box, chucking full cans of beer at the same target, climbing the goalposts, stealing the corner flags, smashing camera equipment is hardly likely to bring praise.

Then when a Policeman is smashed in the face with a broken bottle and another colleague hospitalised, it turns out to be a pretty poor day for the fans no matter how worthy their grievances may be.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

A big thanks on 09:45 - May 3 with 1812 viewsfitzochris

The protest outside the ground was absolutely fine. Good numbers attending to show that they are not happy with the club’s owners. Those who subsequently got into the ground and caused violence and destruction have undermined the effort of the larger number who turned up simply to protest.

It’s given the media an undesirable narrative and the owners a reason to condemn. Idiots.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 9:45]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

A big thanks on 10:26 - May 3 with 1698 viewsDalenet

Enjoyed watching the passionate and angry speech by David Bottomley's new bestie, Gary Neville, on Sky

'Now is the time for fans at all levels, whether it is the Premiership and your anger with the ESL proposals, the EFL and the problems with finances and poor management or non league where your club is struggling to survive, to get together and demand change' or something like that

Of course he didn't mention his controlling influence of Salford, or why they bust the League Two salary caps (before they knew it would be withdrawn) but the sentiment is right. I wonder if he will be on David B's Christmas card list this year
A big thanks on 11:12 - May 3 with 1604 viewsSuddenLad

Perhaps Gary could lure DB to Salford? How much is the taxi fare? I'll pay.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

A big thanks on 11:19 - May 3 with 1594 viewsEllDale

I’d rather that Gary Neville was persuaded of the managerial talents of BBM and his sidekick Lee Riley. Salford must be due for a managerial change soon.
A big thanks on 11:24 - May 3 with 1568 viewsEllDale

A big thanks on 09:45 - May 3 by fitzochris

The protest outside the ground was absolutely fine. Good numbers attending to show that they are not happy with the club’s owners. Those who subsequently got into the ground and caused violence and destruction have undermined the effort of the larger number who turned up simply to protest.

It’s given the media an undesirable narrative and the owners a reason to condemn. Idiots.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 9:45]

Looking at a lot of the still photos it would be interesting to know how many of the people who forced their way into the ground (many of whom appeared to be of school age) actually follow United or merely turned up on the off chance of mischief?
As a Trotskyist student friend of mine used to remark a peaceful protest is useless because it never attracts any publicity.
A big thanks on 12:38 - May 3 with 1420 viewssince58

A big thanks on 11:24 - May 3 by EllDale

Looking at a lot of the still photos it would be interesting to know how many of the people who forced their way into the ground (many of whom appeared to be of school age) actually follow United or merely turned up on the off chance of mischief?
As a Trotskyist student friend of mine used to remark a peaceful protest is useless because it never attracts any publicity.

Whats the betting thats the first time those scrotes old and young have ever been inO.T.
A big thanks on 12:52 - May 3 with 1378 viewsCedar_Room

Completely disagree that this has done the fans no favours. It’s put their grievances front and centre, first story on the evening news. ‘Traditional’ protests can be, and have been, completely ignored. This however sends a message that when the fans want to they can cause serious disruption. I’m not sure the people going onto the pitch thought it would result in the game being postponed but I have to think they will be happy that it did. I for one think this hopefully signals the beginning of a change in that fans cannot continue to be ignored. We can all learn a lesson from this and if we also support fans influencing ownership and management of a club then we should be less ready to condemn something that actually makes people sit up and take notice.
Login to get fewer ads

A big thanks on 12:52 - May 3 with 1373 viewsfinberty

Who else watched the news coverage and wished that the net at the Stratford End had given way, entangling the leering and smirking idiot atop it?
A big thanks on 13:06 - May 3 with 1357 viewssince58

A big thanks on 12:52 - May 3 by finberty

Who else watched the news coverage and wished that the net at the Stratford End had given way, entangling the leering and smirking idiot atop it?

Me.
A big thanks on 13:24 - May 3 with 1281 viewsThacks_Rabbits

A big thanks on 13:06 - May 3 by since58

Me.

Seem to remember a peaceful protest at spotland years back when a number of fans sat in the centre circle at half time, before leaving before the second half.

Can’t remember what it was about or even if I imagined it!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

A big thanks on 13:26 - May 3 with 1270 viewsfinberty

A big thanks on 13:24 - May 3 by Thacks_Rabbits

Seem to remember a peaceful protest at spotland years back when a number of fans sat in the centre circle at half time, before leaving before the second half.

Can’t remember what it was about or even if I imagined it!

I think it was a protest about having to give the Sandy Lane over to Burnley fans in the days when we played them and the ground was packed. I think David Kilpatrick walked onto the pitch to address the protesters directly.
A big thanks on 13:33 - May 3 with 1243 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It worked for the Jocks at Wembley many moons ago.
A big thanks on 13:46 - May 3 with 1209 viewselectricblue

That scene vaguely reminded me of the scots at Wembley......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

A big thanks on 14:16 - May 3 with 1153 viewsArthurDaley

A big thanks on 13:46 - May 3 by electricblue

That scene vaguely reminded me of the scots at Wembley......

1977 England 1 Scotland 2.

Poor quality video

A large VAT Dave

A big thanks on 14:50 - May 3 with 1080 viewsBeechball

A big thanks on 13:26 - May 3 by finberty

I think it was a protest about having to give the Sandy Lane over to Burnley fans in the days when we played them and the ground was packed. I think David Kilpatrick walked onto the pitch to address the protesters directly.

Spot on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024