Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boycott the MK game? 13:53 - May 4 with 3673 viewsAllDaleArentWe

There’s been a lot of talk on here and on social media about protests against the board. Obviously it’s a lot harder to do without fans in the ground, but is one way to do this by boycotting the game on Sunday? Let’s be honest, how many people are going to buy it anyway with there being nothing to play for? Might seem like a stupid idea but I’m just curious to see if anyone would take part. Bottomley out
Boycott the MK game? on 13:59 - May 4 with 3620 viewsDalenet

A boycott is only a boycott if people notice. I doubt the club expect us to sell any ifollow passes - and certainly not enough to meet the threshold for MKD to share the revenue. I won't be buying a pass - I can't stomach watching us again for a while
Boycott the MK game? on 16:30 - May 4 with 3346 viewsAtThePeake

Boycott the MK game? on 13:59 - May 4 by Dalenet

A boycott is only a boycott if people notice. I doubt the club expect us to sell any ifollow passes - and certainly not enough to meet the threshold for MKD to share the revenue. I won't be buying a pass - I can't stomach watching us again for a while

Agreed, I'm not sure it'd be noticeable this weekend. I've had my fill for one season and won't be watching this weekend anyway.

Tangled up in blue.

Boycott the MK game? on 17:01 - May 4 with 3273 viewsboromat

Agree with the others wouldn't be noticed. If we're all still upset and want to make a point maybe Oldham at home next season would be a good game to boycott especially if away fans aren't allowed in grounds yet.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Boycott the MK game? on 17:11 - May 4 with 3257 viewsblackdogblue

Boycott the MK game? on 17:01 - May 4 by boromat

Agree with the others wouldn't be noticed. If we're all still upset and want to make a point maybe Oldham at home next season would be a good game to boycott especially if away fans aren't allowed in grounds yet.

That’s a bit risky to organise.. could be the last game of the season

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Boycott the MK game? on 17:14 - May 4 with 3233 viewsdingdangblue

Boycott the MK game? on 17:01 - May 4 by boromat

What if we need to beat Oldham at home to gain promotion?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Boycott the MK game? on 17:15 - May 4 with 3227 viewsboromat

Boycott the MK game? on 17:11 - May 4 by blackdogblue

That’s a bit risky to organise.. could be the last game of the season

Good point could be relegated by then. We'll have to wait until the fixtures get released

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Boycott the MK game? on 17:20 - May 4 with 3211 viewsblackdogblue

Boycott the MK game? on 17:15 - May 4 by boromat

Good point could be relegated by then. We'll have to wait until the fixtures get released

That’s a given

Boycott the MK game? on 17:27 - May 4 with 3192 viewsdiver

Might be a good idea to get advice on this (somebody like Gary Neville)
Login to get fewer ads

Boycott the MK game? on 17:28 - May 4 with 3186 viewsncfc_chalky

Boycott the MK game? on 17:14 - May 4 by dingdangblue

Or escape relegation

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Boycott the MK game? on 18:01 - May 4 with 3141 viewsToffeemanc

Boycott the MK game? on 17:14 - May 4 by dingdangblue

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Boycott the MK game? on 08:30 - May 5 with 2809 viewsncfc_chalky

Notts are letting fans back in on May 22nd and observing government guidelines the number will be limited to 4,200,ML can hold 20,000 so how many would Spotland be reduced to? Posters are saying that they won't renew their season tickets but what if it's the only way to watch Dale

Got to go,the online ticket office opens in 30 mins

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Boycott the MK game? on 09:30 - May 5 with 2739 viewselectricblue

Boycott the MK game? on 08:30 - May 5 by ncfc_chalky

Notts are letting fans back in on May 22nd and observing government guidelines the number will be limited to 4,200,ML can hold 20,000 so how many would Spotland be reduced to? Posters are saying that they won't renew their season tickets but what if it's the only way to watch Dale

25% of 10000 is 2500.
Which is almost home support........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Boycott the MK game? on 16:55 - May 5 with 2544 viewsblackdogblue

Boycott the MK game? on 08:30 - May 5 by ncfc_chalky

9:30am.. you are number 2 in the queue 😃

Boycott the MK game? on 22:58 - May 5 with 2367 viewsDalenet

Boycott the MK game? on 09:30 - May 5 by electricblue

25% of 10000 is 2500.
Which is almost home support........

I suspect we are only letting the largest 50 fans in
Boycott the MK game? on 11:51 - May 6 with 2166 viewsSuddenLad

I think that any boycott of the MK game is a futile gesture which will have little effect anywhere.

For Dale fans it will be a final opportunity to see many of those players wearing Dale colours because the squad will inevitably be broken up. Most will be sold, some may retire and others will return to their parent clubs. Sadly, it appears that there is no real footballing ambition beyond the dressing room at this club, a fact which becomes increasingly clear with every passing week. No clear plans, no idea. Just froth and bluster.

It's now all about 'downsizing' and trying to be a club/business that is more effective in a smaller pond and in a less challenging environment. We had earned the right to be in League One and punch our weight with whoever else was in that division. We somehow failed to show our true worth, despite having the talent to survive.

Big mouths have big ideas but as a result, we now start the task - from next Sunday - of what will probably be a 50% turnover in the current squad, loss of key players and more uncertainty and frustration as the next season approaches. Chucking away almost all the second year players and losing potential young talent makes no commercial or football sense. Who decided that policy and why? We should be told. I wish every one of them well. I hope they find a club that appreciates them.

It's a long, long time since the off-field antics at this club brought so much opprobrium upon itself and I can't see it improving any time soon. I can't even decide at the moment whether I can be bothered to renew a season ticket for next year and I never thought I would ever hear myself saying that. I have only ever voluntarily stopped going to games once, in 60 years of following Dale and that was during Graham Barrow's tenure as manager. Dreadful stuff, but even then I supported the club financially through a season ticket, social events and lottery etc..

RAFC has been a massive passion of mine since my late Grandad and then my neighbour took me to games all those years ago. I have subsequently introduced my grandkids to Spotland and so the trend continues, but I feel it is probably now time for me to bow out as an attendee and season ticket holder.

Like others (Big Kindo for example) I can no longer stomach what is going on. I have no gripe with the players, nor the manager for that matter, not even a relegation is necessarily terminal, though it is exceptionally frustrating and very disappointing.

I don't think there is any real danger of us emulating the fiasco that took place at Bury, unless there are major undisclosed issues, but I am seriously concerned that the current plan is to take the club down to a level where there is perceived to be less pressure to progress. The 'Rochdale Division'. Our 'comfort zone'. The comfortable slippers scenario. Where we belong. Home again. I will never, ever forget the words 'managed relegation' being uttered.

It has been said that more fans will likely come to a game if we are challenging for play-offs/promotion, than if we are foundering at the bottom end of the division, scrapping for our lives. Probably correct. People support winning teams. As ever, as a supporter, it's the hope that carries you along. the road to Spotland. But if we don't have that permanent ambition and desire to progress UP the pyramid, what are we for? Why should we supporters bother chucking money at a project that is seemingly being set-up to fail?

I'll watch the MK Dons game. I've bought my match pass already. It will be a sad farewell to League One and to some of the players who will doubtless move on to better things. It will be a painful watch, whatever the result, but watch I will. I don't know if I will do so again.

Up the Dale.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Boycott the MK game? on 18:17 - May 6 with 1930 views1907

Boycott the MK game? on 11:51 - May 6 by SuddenLad

I think that any boycott of the MK game is a futile gesture which will have little effect anywhere.

For Dale fans it will be a final opportunity to see many of those players wearing Dale colours because the squad will inevitably be broken up. Most will be sold, some may retire and others will return to their parent clubs. Sadly, it appears that there is no real footballing ambition beyond the dressing room at this club, a fact which becomes increasingly clear with every passing week. No clear plans, no idea. Just froth and bluster.

It's now all about 'downsizing' and trying to be a club/business that is more effective in a smaller pond and in a less challenging environment. We had earned the right to be in League One and punch our weight with whoever else was in that division. We somehow failed to show our true worth, despite having the talent to survive.

Big mouths have big ideas but as a result, we now start the task - from next Sunday - of what will probably be a 50% turnover in the current squad, loss of key players and more uncertainty and frustration as the next season approaches. Chucking away almost all the second year players and losing potential young talent makes no commercial or football sense. Who decided that policy and why? We should be told. I wish every one of them well. I hope they find a club that appreciates them.

It's a long, long time since the off-field antics at this club brought so much opprobrium upon itself and I can't see it improving any time soon. I can't even decide at the moment whether I can be bothered to renew a season ticket for next year and I never thought I would ever hear myself saying that. I have only ever voluntarily stopped going to games once, in 60 years of following Dale and that was during Graham Barrow's tenure as manager. Dreadful stuff, but even then I supported the club financially through a season ticket, social events and lottery etc..

RAFC has been a massive passion of mine since my late Grandad and then my neighbour took me to games all those years ago. I have subsequently introduced my grandkids to Spotland and so the trend continues, but I feel it is probably now time for me to bow out as an attendee and season ticket holder.

Like others (Big Kindo for example) I can no longer stomach what is going on. I have no gripe with the players, nor the manager for that matter, not even a relegation is necessarily terminal, though it is exceptionally frustrating and very disappointing.

I don't think there is any real danger of us emulating the fiasco that took place at Bury, unless there are major undisclosed issues, but I am seriously concerned that the current plan is to take the club down to a level where there is perceived to be less pressure to progress. The 'Rochdale Division'. Our 'comfort zone'. The comfortable slippers scenario. Where we belong. Home again. I will never, ever forget the words 'managed relegation' being uttered.

It has been said that more fans will likely come to a game if we are challenging for play-offs/promotion, than if we are foundering at the bottom end of the division, scrapping for our lives. Probably correct. People support winning teams. As ever, as a supporter, it's the hope that carries you along. the road to Spotland. But if we don't have that permanent ambition and desire to progress UP the pyramid, what are we for? Why should we supporters bother chucking money at a project that is seemingly being set-up to fail?

I'll watch the MK Dons game. I've bought my match pass already. It will be a sad farewell to League One and to some of the players who will doubtless move on to better things. It will be a painful watch, whatever the result, but watch I will. I don't know if I will do so again.

Up the Dale.

That is one of the best posts I’ve ever read on this forum
Boycott the MK game? on 18:31 - May 6 with 1899 viewsnordenblue

Up the Dale.

A superb post SL and very heartfelt and honest,if posts like that don't ring alarm bells at the club there's a bigger problem than we think, I lost most of my interest some time ago and recent events just back up perfectly my original opinion on all things going on behind closed doors there.
[Post edited 6 May 2021 18:34]
Boycott the MK game? on 19:07 - May 6 with 1827 viewsblackdogblue

Agree, open honest & heartfelt...

Boycott the MK game? on 21:07 - May 6 with 1744 viewsSandyman

Well said SuddenLad. It might actually make a couple of board members, at least, think. One won't care because that sort of thing doesn't matter in the quest to protect salary and self-interest.
Boycott the MK game? on 10:57 - May 7 with 1569 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale.

It beggars belief that the actions/inactions and policies of one man can reduce a large section of a loyal fanbase into such a disaffected group. This, however, is the tip of the iceberg. Dads won't be bring lads or grandsons, but if fans who have followed Dale for as long as many on here have are now thinking of doing summat else on Saturdays, how on earth does the club think it will find even enough to replace the current alarming rate of fan attrition, let alone try to increase the fanbase, served up with L2 fayre?

The Bottomley plan didn't work on the pitch or off it. Lottery massacred, team relegated, manager's contract secretly extended, scholars let go en masse and communication (or at least honestly communicating anything meaningful) being blacked out. This from the man who pleads "football is nothing without the fans". You just couldn't make it up. Franchise Bottomley has disenfranchised anyone who has even the slightest inkling of how RAFC, a family club, has been taken over and now bears all the hallmarks of being run as a private fiefdom.

It's a crying bloody shame and it has to be stopped. If anyone who is mobilising to do something about this is in need of any kind of support, please make this publicly known so volunteers can be recruited (financial or otherwise). There may already be something afoot which can't be made public to prevent it being scuppered, but a lot of fan's collective blood is boiling and it needs to be harnessed and targeted by the Trust or ......

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Boycott the MK game? on 12:38 - May 7 with 1500 viewsJames1980

Boycott the MK game? on 10:57 - May 7 by DaleiLama

It beggars belief that the actions/inactions and policies of one man can reduce a large section of a loyal fanbase into such a disaffected group. This, however, is the tip of the iceberg. Dads won't be bring lads or grandsons, but if fans who have followed Dale for as long as many on here have are now thinking of doing summat else on Saturdays, how on earth does the club think it will find even enough to replace the current alarming rate of fan attrition, let alone try to increase the fanbase, served up with L2 fayre?

The Bottomley plan didn't work on the pitch or off it. Lottery massacred, team relegated, manager's contract secretly extended, scholars let go en masse and communication (or at least honestly communicating anything meaningful) being blacked out. This from the man who pleads "football is nothing without the fans". You just couldn't make it up. Franchise Bottomley has disenfranchised anyone who has even the slightest inkling of how RAFC, a family club, has been taken over and now bears all the hallmarks of being run as a private fiefdom.

It's a crying bloody shame and it has to be stopped. If anyone who is mobilising to do something about this is in need of any kind of support, please make this publicly known so volunteers can be recruited (financial or otherwise). There may already be something afoot which can't be made public to prevent it being scuppered, but a lot of fan's collective blood is boiling and it needs to be harnessed and targeted by the Trust or ......

How has this one man coup been able to take place? Surely the other 3 board members can't be that timid and easily led. Unless they agree with whatever plan the CEO has, or they have formulated it as a collective and all are culpable for the position in which the club finds itself. How has one man been allowed to wield so much power unchecked?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Boycott the MK game? on 12:56 - May 7 with 1468 viewsDaleFan7

Boycott the MK game? on 12:38 - May 7 by James1980

How has this one man coup been able to take place? Surely the other 3 board members can't be that timid and easily led. Unless they agree with whatever plan the CEO has, or they have formulated it as a collective and all are culpable for the position in which the club finds itself. How has one man been allowed to wield so much power unchecked?

Regardless of whether they are in a collective with him on these terrible decisions or not, they are all culpable for it. They are allowing it to happen. Certain decisions he is making cannot be ratified without board say so.
Boycott the MK game? on 13:42 - May 7 with 1378 viewsJames1980

Boycott the MK game? on 12:56 - May 7 by DaleFan7

Regardless of whether they are in a collective with him on these terrible decisions or not, they are all culpable for it. They are allowing it to happen. Certain decisions he is making cannot be ratified without board say so.

Exactly it feels like focussing so much on one man absolves others of their part in the apparent debacle.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Boycott the MK game? on 14:29 - May 7 with 1321 viewsD_Alien

Boycott the MK game? on 13:42 - May 7 by James1980

Exactly it feels like focussing so much on one man absolves others of their part in the apparent debacle.

Maybe so, but i still think it's a mistake by the Trust to target the entire board in their call for an EGM

The effect of that will be a circling of wagons and perhaps reluctance by major shareholders to support their call, due to a greater vacuum being likely should the call succeed

Much better to focus on the CEO position. It wouldn't surprise me if the other board members would be willing to drop DB providing their own positions weren't under threat; and ridding ourselves of DB (including from the board) has got to be the primary aim before we can become Dale again

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024