Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much does a RAFC share cost? 14:28 - May 4 with 4130 viewsA_Newby

A couple of questions.

Does anybody know how much it costs (approximately) to purchase existing RAFC shares?

Do we need to purchase our own training facilities? If so why?
How much does a RAFC share cost? on 15:40 - May 4 with 3988 viewselectricblue

50p/£1 i believe......

Also depends upon how much that person wants..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 15:47 - May 4 with 3974 viewsSuddenLad

I think they they are nominally 50p shares. They were changing hands for about £3 but when Dan Altmann wanted to increase his shareholding, they were suddenly being quoted at £6. The shareholder said he wasn't interested in selling anyway (?) and Altmann certainly wasn't tempted at £6.

Shareholders can ask what they want. Whether you pay the asking price is up to you.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 15:54 - May 4 with 3961 viewsIOMDale

I'm sure a lot of the people listed will be familiar to various posters on here. I own a souvenir amount of 100 shares and would be more than happy to gift them to a supporter-represented body like the Trust:

https://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/company/uk/00111019/rochdale-associati

UTDNFS

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 15:57 - May 4 with 3952 viewsHK_Dale

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 15:47 - May 4 by SuddenLad

I think they they are nominally 50p shares. They were changing hands for about £3 but when Dan Altmann wanted to increase his shareholding, they were suddenly being quoted at £6. The shareholder said he wasn't interested in selling anyway (?) and Altmann certainly wasn't tempted at £6.

Shareholders can ask what they want. Whether you pay the asking price is up to you.

This is the key point. The only way the purchase of shares puts money directly in to the club is through the purchase of the unissued shares previously mentioned at the time of the Altmann discussions.

Purchase of shares from existing shareholders will provide the voting rights etc, but any price paid goes to the shareholder that is selling rather than the club.
How much does a RAFC share cost? on 16:08 - May 4 with 3929 viewsJames1980

Is it right that Andrew Kilpatrick inherited his shares?
Just wondering if a combination of David Clough's inheritance and a fan consortium could purchase his shares. Perhaps he could then reinvest some of the money he gets for them back into the club.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 16:31 - May 4 with 3858 viewsjudd

The last time the club offered shares on open sale they went for £2.00.

The unissued shares cannot be sold at the moment because of the pending EGM announced last year, as it was explained to a friend of mine who wanted to buy some last year.

Poll: What is it to be then?

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 16:38 - May 4 with 3828 views49thseason

At issue (known as par) they were 50p. As there is no market ( ie not quoted on a stock exchange) for shares in privately owned companies they are worth what somebody is prepared to pay for them. Without a dividend, (profit share) they do not have a price than can be easily set. The club tried to get the Americans to pay £6 a share but most people ( e.g The Board) have paid £2 if they have bought them from the club. A private sale between individuals will depend on how badly someone wants to sell them or maybe the intentions of the person buying them. So for example , the Trust have 12,625 shares bought from the club at a couple of quid each. If they wanted to they could sell them for £1 each or even less if they wanted 100s of new shareholders as a means of pressurising the board and increasing fans direct involvement with the club. Fans could buy a single share and be counted on the list of shareholders and be entitled to go to the AGM and any EGMs.

As for training ground, yes they need one the question of do they need to own a facility is trickier. The Lacrosse Club pitches that they currently use are conveniently adjacent to the club, there is car parking and a kitchen. My guess is that it would be cheaper to develop at Redbrook than buy and develop their own facility. I don't know much about the relationship with the Cricket, Lacrosse and Squash club but my sense is that all parties could benefit from an even closer relationship in areas like hospitality, grant monies, and quality of facilities etc. There is even room there for a new all weather pitch with a bit of judicious bulldozing and a small shift in the boundary.
How much does a RAFC share cost? on 17:01 - May 4 with 3766 viewsncfc_chalky

How many shares can a company (RAFC) release? Surely the more shares that are made available the less that previous shares are worth?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Login to get fewer ads

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 17:03 - May 4 with 3752 viewsjudd

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 17:01 - May 4 by ncfc_chalky

How many shares can a company (RAFC) release? Surely the more shares that are made available the less that previous shares are worth?

There are c. 400,000 unissued shares that may become available, Chalky.

Poll: What is it to be then?

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 17:05 - May 4 with 3742 viewsncfc_chalky

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 17:03 - May 4 by judd

Cheers judd

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 17:07 - May 4 with 3729 viewsblackdogblue

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 17:03 - May 4 by judd

At a quid each that would buy the club 🤣

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 17:47 - May 4 with 3661 viewsSuddenLad

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 17:05 - May 4 by ncfc_chalky

Cheers judd

FFS don't buy them all at once Chalky......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 18:29 - May 4 with 3560 views49thseason

If we could raise £500K and buy 250,000 shares, it would be game over for Bottom and the rest of the board, even better if someone could have a chat with Andrew Kilpatrick and find out how much of a fan he is. Are,there 450-500 people prepared to put £1k in the pot?
How much does a RAFC share cost? on 19:24 - May 4 with 3439 viewselectricblue

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 18:29 - May 4 by 49thseason

If we could raise £500K and buy 250,000 shares, it would be game over for Bottom and the rest of the board, even better if someone could have a chat with Andrew Kilpatrick and find out how much of a fan he is. Are,there 450-500 people prepared to put £1k in the pot?

Not many people can afford £1000..

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 19:29 - May 4 with 3415 viewsboromat

Aren't the unissued shares currently in the boards control? In which case they would unlikely hand them over to a group that would instantly out them.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 22:29 - May 4 with 3244 views49thseason

The board has a duty of care for the legal entity which is the football club of which they are Directors. Its hard to argue that selling shares to your customers would not be in the clubs interest. And they can't really complain at £2 per share when that's what most of them paid.
If its impossible to borrow money and they have bills to pay, and offers to buy shares , they really have only one course of action that does not involve selling assets... Issue more shares. there is no point in being skint with shares sitting in treasury especially if they are being bought in relatively small numbers of 250, 5000, 1000.and the wider the shareholder base, the harder for one person to gain overall control. A simple change at the AGM would enable them to create another 200,000 shares to put in treasury for future use . Or they could issue lots of preferential shares with no voting rights but with a 5% coupon (interest payment) for 25 years, or an annual extra discount on a season ticket.
It just needs some imagination.
How much does a RAFC share cost? on 09:28 - May 5 with 3086 viewselectricblue

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 22:29 - May 4 by 49thseason

The board has a duty of care for the legal entity which is the football club of which they are Directors. Its hard to argue that selling shares to your customers would not be in the clubs interest. And they can't really complain at £2 per share when that's what most of them paid.
If its impossible to borrow money and they have bills to pay, and offers to buy shares , they really have only one course of action that does not involve selling assets... Issue more shares. there is no point in being skint with shares sitting in treasury especially if they are being bought in relatively small numbers of 250, 5000, 1000.and the wider the shareholder base, the harder for one person to gain overall control. A simple change at the AGM would enable them to create another 200,000 shares to put in treasury for future use . Or they could issue lots of preferential shares with no voting rights but with a 5% coupon (interest payment) for 25 years, or an annual extra discount on a season ticket.
It just needs some imagination.

Something the Dale boards lacks is immagination..

How much does a RAFC share cost? on 13:21 - May 5 with 2947 viewsNewtonDale

I would be very interested in buying some shares so count me in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024