Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing from the club around Relegation 18:02 - May 4 with 6989 viewsrafc_ryan

No statement on social media on being relegated.

Northampton posted around midday with a statement to fans thanking them for their support this season. Nice to see the board have followed through with their commitment to improve communication to fans.

Have they just used the social media boycott to avoid acknowledging it?
Nothing from the club around Relegation on 18:23 - May 4 with 5197 viewsDaleiLama

I think it was an agenda item at the recent outdoor, socially-distanced board meeting, but it appears no comments on the subject were included in the minutes

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 18:28 - May 4 with 5150 viewsD_Alien

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 18:23 - May 4 by DaleiLama

I think it was an agenda item at the recent outdoor, socially-distanced board meeting, but it appears no comments on the subject were included in the minutes

Looks like the Bottomley's are on the beach already

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 18:37 - May 4 with 5111 viewssince58

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 18:28 - May 4 by D_Alien

Looks like the Bottomley's are on the beach already

Arse about face as usual.
Nothing from the club around Relegation on 18:48 - May 4 with 5050 viewsSuddenLad

They're hoping we haven't noticed.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 19:00 - May 4 with 5003 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/may/report_doncasterrovers_april2021/

posted on the website and YouTube channel on Saturday after the game.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 19:26 - May 4 with 4915 viewsboromat

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 19:00 - May 4 by James1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/may/report_doncasterrovers_april2021/

posted on the website and YouTube channel on Saturday after the game.

That's the match report and post match interview.

Maybe that's enough no fuss needed. After recent issues around communication however it was a perfect time to thank the fans for their support and try to lift spirits for next season or at least try. Not to have anything other than the usual post match stuff seems a bit lazy and comes across like they're ignoring it.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 19:36 - May 4 with 4879 viewsJames1980

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 19:26 - May 4 by boromat

That's the match report and post match interview.

Maybe that's enough no fuss needed. After recent issues around communication however it was a perfect time to thank the fans for their support and try to lift spirits for next season or at least try. Not to have anything other than the usual post match stuff seems a bit lazy and comes across like they're ignoring it.

Humphrys and Lynch have both tweeted.

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 19:58 - May 4 with 4798 viewsD_Alien

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 19:36 - May 4 by James1980

Humphrys and Lynch have both tweeted.

We can take it from Humphrys conditional thanks that he'll unconditionally be telling his agent not to look out for better paid work next season

Login to get fewer ads

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 20:00 - May 4 with 4785 viewsboromat

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 19:58 - May 4 by D_Alien

We can take it from Humphrys conditional thanks that he'll unconditionally be telling his agent not to look out for better paid work next season

Think I'd rather he stay for a season and go for free at the end of it.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 20:01 - May 4 with 4776 viewsD_Alien

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 20:00 - May 4 by boromat

Think I'd rather he stay for a season and go for free at the end of it.

Yeah, whenever it suits him

Edit: which is fine, he's got a living to make. But the use of the term "unconditional" in his tweet is more than just a bit off
[Post edited 4 May 2021 20:04]

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 20:25 - May 4 with 4682 viewsFrog

To be fair, BBM doesn't look at the table so he won't know yet.
Nothing from the club around Relegation on 21:02 - May 4 with 4554 viewsJames1980

What would be an acceptable Tweet/Facebook post from the club regarding relegation?

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 21:04 - May 4 with 4539 viewsEd_Ingley

Draft script: next broadcast from RAFC

As a well run football club with an unblemished track record in keeping supporters on board I thought I would update you on recent events.

Firstly, I would like to commend our talented young manager on keeping us in league one until the end of the season - you will notice we will be playing in that division on Sunday and we have earned that right.

Some quarters are focussing on relegation, which is something that simply does not bother me. The way I see it, it is the start of a tremendous journey for this wonderful football club, starting with our celebration on Saturday at the football club. Yes, celebration. In 114 years of solvent existence, 100 years of unbroken football league membership and 50 years of fandom, no Rochdale football club has EVER finished as high in the leagues whilst achieving relegation.

Ladies and gentlemen - I give you the HISTORY MAKERS.

Talking of the celebration, we were honoured to host our new special friends, the Speakingmans, who kept the whole squad entertained. I do not remember booking them as an act, but as I looked at the young lads laughing away I could only admire their skill in stitching us up. Is that the correct turn of phrase?

Talking of the Speakingmans,I was speaking to Joel about his fans protesting on Sunday and told him when I had my own revolting fans causing some bother, I sent the Speakingmans out to quell the riot. I think one of the better fans called them the TV tit with teeth. If only they had been our fans v Bradford.

Talking of big clubs, my mate Mauricio "The Poch" was in town with PSG today but he didn't swing by for some advice, surprisingly. If he had,he'd have found us working tremendously hard as we prepare for life in league one lite.

Talking of swapping divisions, I've been pondering changes that we haven't made yet as we march relentlessly forward. One thing that needs refreshing is our slogan - "Crede Signo" or crude signings in the Queens Engerlish.As we do not really make any signings of note I think a more pertinent phrase to be Praemium Defectum, which will adorn the badge, hats, scarves, entrance mat, and mugs from next season.

Talking of next season, we and in fact no one is, when it comes to season tickets. We may just keep it that .

Talking of talking, I was talking to the people at Wimbledon on Saturday,who suggested had we concentrated on getting more points on board, we may have stayed up. Well I was certainly up well past 11.

Talking
[Post edited 4 May 2021 22:29]
Nothing from the club around Relegation on 21:08 - May 4 with 4517 viewsNorthernDale

I can predict that DB, will state that the budget will be reduced due to the relegation impacting on income, not mentioning that if the club invested in the team last summer, we may still be a league 1 team, with potentially better finances next season.

I am worried that the board will accept bids for better players based on our reduced income or replace leaving players with players with less abilities to save money. We will no doubt see the true intentions and ambitions for the club from board in the coming weeks, will they want to regain our league 1 status or settle for us being a mediocre league 2 team.

I hope we can hold on Humphrys, Rathbone and O'Connell next season and the board will show a determination to keep them and show some ambition.
Nothing from the club around Relegation on 21:17 - May 4 with 4469 viewsJames1980

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 21:08 - May 4 by NorthernDale

I can predict that DB, will state that the budget will be reduced due to the relegation impacting on income, not mentioning that if the club invested in the team last summer, we may still be a league 1 team, with potentially better finances next season.

I am worried that the board will accept bids for better players based on our reduced income or replace leaving players with players with less abilities to save money. We will no doubt see the true intentions and ambitions for the club from board in the coming weeks, will they want to regain our league 1 status or settle for us being a mediocre league 2 team.

I hope we can hold on Humphrys, Rathbone and O'Connell next season and the board will show a determination to keep them and show some ambition.

But if we splashed the cash and still hadn't stayed up we might be in an even worse situation financially now.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 21:28]

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 21:37 - May 4 with 4405 viewsDale69er

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 21:17 - May 4 by James1980

But if we splashed the cash and still hadn't stayed up we might be in an even worse situation financially now.

Giving the club the benefit of the doubt (not sure why!), perhaps they're waiting for the season to actually end, although it is all over now as far as us fans are concerned.

Let's see what happens after Sunday's match
Nothing from the club around Relegation on 23:34 - May 4 with 4215 viewsdownunder

Bottomly will blame Covid. As if all others clubs were immune to it.
Nothing from the club around Relegation on 10:55 - May 5 with 3906 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 20:25 - May 4 by Frog

...and BotBot and his many cohorts are too busy working hard for the Club. End of.
Nothing from the club around Relegation on 11:23 - May 5 with 3858 viewsBucketBstard

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 20:25 - May 4 by Frog

I wonder if the talented one will look at the tables next season?
I fear a similar situation next season but hopefully we can get into the ground and vent our spleen so to speak.
I'm sure the bury Agent (BBM) wouldnt be too cocky with his comments if he had a barage of questions every match ?
Nothing from the club around Relegation on 13:07 - May 5 with 3669 viewsSuddenLad

BBM may have many different qualities, but I could never describe him as 'cocky'. He seems to take it all in his stride, he never gloats or crows about a victory and equally, never gets too vocal in defeat.

I find the continued omerta at Spotland quite unbelievable. There can be only 2 possible reasons.

(1) The people in the posh seats around the Boardroom table, simply can't be bothered responding to the fact we've been relegated. It's happened and we all move on. God knows what to, but on we go. No point telling us what we already know. They know that we know, so why rub it in? Why waste breath talking to the lifeblood of the club? What's the point? We're in League Two next season, so roll on August. We'll let you know when the fixtures are released. And who's left the club.

OR

(2) The omerta is due to the fact that they have all been working extremely hard and RAFC are on the verge of a massive, (hush-hush), earth-shattering announcement, of a new deal which will take the club to operating levels, the like of which we have never seen before. So good will this deal be, that all previous criticisms of the Board and their perceived lack of ability to get things right will be eradicated and they will all become legends of the club.

(1) or (2) ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 13:17 - May 5 with 3655 viewsjudd

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 13:07 - May 5 by SuddenLad

BBM may have many different qualities, but I could never describe him as 'cocky'. He seems to take it all in his stride, he never gloats or crows about a victory and equally, never gets too vocal in defeat.

I find the continued omerta at Spotland quite unbelievable. There can be only 2 possible reasons.

(1) The people in the posh seats around the Boardroom table, simply can't be bothered responding to the fact we've been relegated. It's happened and we all move on. God knows what to, but on we go. No point telling us what we already know. They know that we know, so why rub it in? Why waste breath talking to the lifeblood of the club? What's the point? We're in League Two next season, so roll on August. We'll let you know when the fixtures are released. And who's left the club.

OR

(2) The omerta is due to the fact that they have all been working extremely hard and RAFC are on the verge of a massive, (hush-hush), earth-shattering announcement, of a new deal which will take the club to operating levels, the like of which we have never seen before. So good will this deal be, that all previous criticisms of the Board and their perceived lack of ability to get things right will be eradicated and they will all become legends of the club.

(1) or (2) ?

(3) gutted at the ending of Line of Duty?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 14:24 - May 5 with 3571 viewsDaleiLama

OR

(1) or (2) ?

My guess is that they are limping on towards any kind of a deal to put before shareholders to justify the self-adorned "busy" label, and have adopted the ostrich/bunker mentality, ignoring all else but this outcome.

It smacks of the same "all eggs in one basket" approach that has characterised most of our on-field disasters, as HMS Titanicdale steams heedlessly on towards the iceberg. Anyone with the benefit of remuneration will no doubt continue to draw a salary and cling on to the wreckage for as long as strength will allow, post-collision, with not even a thought towards legacy.

I have no expectation other than an on-going strategy of treating customers like mushrooms ........ it can come as no surprise to the man controlling this policy that on this forum's straw poll, 108 people consider him unfit for his post, whilst one (self) supports him.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 15:04 - May 5 with 3497 viewsBucketBstard

OR

(1) or (2) ?

Perhaps cocky is the wrong word, but certainly dismissive of the fans concerns.
Both him and his assistant seem to have an air of delusional grandeur about them, which I find distasteful .
Nothing from the club around Relegation on 22:18 - May 5 with 3219 viewsinthenet

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 21:17 - May 4 by James1980

We would have stayed up with a couple more decent players ... DB took a gamble and lost ...

Rastrickblue

Nothing from the club around Relegation on 09:22 - May 6 with 3013 viewselectricblue

It will be an even bigger gamble next season if the wages budget is cut even further.....

Not looking forward to the new season knowing it may happen all over again unless changes at the top happen at the AGM/EGM....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024