Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notice of AGM 16:03 - May 5 with 12205 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/may/notice-of-agm_2021/

Poll: What is it to be then?

Notice of AGM on 08:55 - May 10 with 2868 viewsjudd

Notice of AGM on 08:01 - May 10 by DaleiLama

Kieran Maguire has tweeted it also.

Notice of AGM on 09:43 - May 10 with 2768 viewstony_roch975

Notice of AGM on 21:32 - May 9 by 49thseason

Yes the minimum is 3 I think but that does not preclude the possibility of appointing 2 or more new Directors at the meeting perhaps on a temporary basis until new directors prepared to put their £25 k into the pot can be found. Ideally a couple of directors who have served previously and already have the requisite number of shares might step up to the plate on a time - limited basis. Or maybe the trust already have a couple of people in mind?

if there aren't alternative directors to propose would it get support; until we know who the Board are going to put up for rotational resignation at the (2) AGMs it's impossible to make a judgment. I agree with your earlier post that the Trust EGM could be irrelevant by the time the 2 AGMs and postponed EGM have finished.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Notice of AGM on 09:48 - May 10 with 2756 viewstony_roch975

Notice of AGM on 21:18 - May 9 by 49thseason

It would be useful to the transparency issue if the Directors could give statements about other companies they are involved in for example Andrew Kelly and David Flitcroft appear to be the 2 Directors of JF Foundation which seems to be the British office of a Singaporean building company or the john Flitcroft foundation which is register as being sports related. And are there any areas of conflict of interest?

And what is the pupose of the Denehurst Park Company that they are all still Directors of when it seems that the DP accounts are now part of the RAFC annual submission?
Maybe someone could ask the Finance Director about the state of the current balance sheet and what the forward view for the next 12 monthe looks like... a single word answer would suffice. Eg difficult , OK , grim, fine etc. But the more 5hat can be teased out the better.

And what is their estimate for Season ticket sales for next season? And how much money has the lottery raised in the last 12 months and what is the estimate for the next 12 months?
How many non-playing staff have been appointed inmthe last 12 months and how much have any such appointments added to the overall salary bill?
What plans do the Board have to increase the amount of income from non-football related activities?

The more questions that can be asked regarding the role of Board members the better, particularly if they relate to their areas of responsibility. This does 2 things, it reveals if they have a grip and if they have actual numbers (targets to most people) that they are attempting to achieve.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 21:27]

Agree, an estimate of the 2020/21 loss and the cash flow projection for the next year are key questions (whether or not the Board announce new investment)

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Notice of AGM on 10:08 - May 10 with 2706 viewsD_Alien

Notice of AGM on 09:43 - May 10 by tony_roch975

if there aren't alternative directors to propose would it get support; until we know who the Board are going to put up for rotational resignation at the (2) AGMs it's impossible to make a judgment. I agree with your earlier post that the Trust EGM could be irrelevant by the time the 2 AGMs and postponed EGM have finished.

It was Dalenet who first suggested the second EGM might become irrelevant, and which i've repeated in the context of the resolutions - now amended and much better for it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Notice of AGM on 11:05 - May 10 with 2582 viewsDaleFan7

Fair play to the trust for pushing this through and listening to the fans they represent.

Out of curiosity, does anybody believe that the shareholders will vote to oust either of those named in the EGM?
Notice of AGM on 11:12 - May 10 with 2558 viewsSuddenLad

Notice of AGM on 11:05 - May 10 by DaleFan7

Fair play to the trust for pushing this through and listening to the fans they represent.

Out of curiosity, does anybody believe that the shareholders will vote to oust either of those named in the EGM?

No.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Notice of AGM on 11:31 - May 10 with 2515 viewsD_Alien

Yesterday, i've have said no (and did...)

In the light of further developments, i'm thinking "maybe"

The context in which the resolutions have been amended could be significant

Notice of AGM on 11:47 - May 10 with 2464 viewsdawlishdale

Its a pivotal decision for the future of the football club. If existing shareholders are short sighted enough to reinstall Bottomley as a director, then we might not even have a club the next time he can be challenged.

It really is that important that he be removed.

As for Rawlinson, I am not really bothered either way.
Login to get fewer ads

Notice of AGM on 12:04 - May 10 with 2416 views49thseason

If the Directors are not removed, then the emphasis must move to continually holding them to account until the next opportunity arises. Much will depend on the forthcoming player contract negotiations and what sort of team can be assembled for the start of next season. If this is now turning into a battle between fans and the Board, the main victim will be the Football Club.

Any attempt to change the Articles needs to be communicated to shareholders and voted at a general meeting so its vital that any attempt to reduce the number of Directors (7 -15) is resisted as it simply puts more power in fewer hands. Indeed the fact that the number of directors has shrunken to 4 is an indictment of those that remain and that the required threashold of shares required is too high (and could be changed at another egm) and is a reason for younger people not to step up.
Extending the Board to 9 Directors should be a minimum requirement as should the annual regular resignation / re-election process.
This board of 4 is unsustainable, there is a palpable lack of energy and enthusiasm and they have allowed one of their number to gain too much influence rather than bring in new people with new ideas. They are meant to be the guardians of the company, they have a duty of care and should not be the cause of its decline by negligence and inaction.

If the shareholders do not start the process of renewal at Board level they will be condoning the demise of their investment, an act of self harm for which they will never be forgiven. The Trust need to ensure that as many shareholders as possible attend the meetings or maybe better, given the hybrid meeting nonsense, proxy their votes to the trust so that their votes are present in the room
To avoid all this, ideally, Bottomley and Rawlinson will resign and there will be an influx of new people announced, but there is no need to wait for an AGM to announce new Board members so I am not optimistic.
Notice of AGM on 12:33 - May 10 with 2340 viewsJames1980

Notice of AGM on 08:51 - May 10 by funkkk

Genuine question, I’ve never thought Rawlinson has come across well, but what are the reasons behind wanting his departure?

Anything to do with him and Bottomley being the only board members on the current board that were on the board when Dunphy left? So would be one of those CD was referring to in his interview with the trust.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Notice of AGM on 13:05 - May 10 with 2256 viewsSuddenLad

I wouldn't worry too much about Graham Rawlinson. I don't think he has any real influence. He was a local businessman who stumped up enough cash to get himself a seat at the top table.

He's the sort of bloke who will be reading Viz whilst the meeting takes place and just nods when he's kicked. Apart from his foul-mouthed Directors' box outburst, he's a likeable bloke in many ways, but I think he's there for the ride and the networking that comes with being there. Nothing wrong with that - it's how businessmen operate.

His performance at the 'Sobbing CEO' forum didn't do him any favours whatsoever. Clearly in the dark about vital club business. He either wasn't listening or wasn't told.

I suspect the latter. And realistically, there's only one man responsible for that.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Notice of AGM on 13:24 - May 10 with 2219 viewsD_Alien

Notice of AGM on 13:05 - May 10 by SuddenLad

I wouldn't worry too much about Graham Rawlinson. I don't think he has any real influence. He was a local businessman who stumped up enough cash to get himself a seat at the top table.

He's the sort of bloke who will be reading Viz whilst the meeting takes place and just nods when he's kicked. Apart from his foul-mouthed Directors' box outburst, he's a likeable bloke in many ways, but I think he's there for the ride and the networking that comes with being there. Nothing wrong with that - it's how businessmen operate.

His performance at the 'Sobbing CEO' forum didn't do him any favours whatsoever. Clearly in the dark about vital club business. He either wasn't listening or wasn't told.

I suspect the latter. And realistically, there's only one man responsible for that.

As damning an indictment as could be written, actually

We desperately need fresh ideas, not someone who'll put up with the crap because he likes hob-nobbing

But then again, he's not the only one...

Notice of AGM on 21:38 - May 10 with 1965 viewspioneer

Notice of AGM on 12:04 - May 10 by 49thseason

If the Directors are not removed, then the emphasis must move to continually holding them to account until the next opportunity arises. Much will depend on the forthcoming player contract negotiations and what sort of team can be assembled for the start of next season. If this is now turning into a battle between fans and the Board, the main victim will be the Football Club.

Any attempt to change the Articles needs to be communicated to shareholders and voted at a general meeting so its vital that any attempt to reduce the number of Directors (7 -15) is resisted as it simply puts more power in fewer hands. Indeed the fact that the number of directors has shrunken to 4 is an indictment of those that remain and that the required threashold of shares required is too high (and could be changed at another egm) and is a reason for younger people not to step up.
Extending the Board to 9 Directors should be a minimum requirement as should the annual regular resignation / re-election process.
This board of 4 is unsustainable, there is a palpable lack of energy and enthusiasm and they have allowed one of their number to gain too much influence rather than bring in new people with new ideas. They are meant to be the guardians of the company, they have a duty of care and should not be the cause of its decline by negligence and inaction.

If the shareholders do not start the process of renewal at Board level they will be condoning the demise of their investment, an act of self harm for which they will never be forgiven. The Trust need to ensure that as many shareholders as possible attend the meetings or maybe better, given the hybrid meeting nonsense, proxy their votes to the trust so that their votes are present in the room
To avoid all this, ideally, Bottomley and Rawlinson will resign and there will be an influx of new people announced, but there is no need to wait for an AGM to announce new Board members so I am not optimistic.

Ill vote how i please...thats my right as a shareholder. I wont be seeking your forgiveness if it isnt how you would have voted if you were the owners of any shares. Sounds like you have had plenty of opportunities to become a shareholder and if you havent taken up any of those opportunities why do you feel you have the right to tell those who have invested their money in the club how they must vote?
Notice of AGM on 19:11 - May 11 with 1730 viewsboromat

Not sure it's completely relevant to the thread but think the Dale Trust have been excellent in the last few weeks.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Notice of AGM on 20:46 - May 11 with 1590 views49thseason

Notice of AGM on 21:38 - May 10 by pioneer

Ill vote how i please...thats my right as a shareholder. I wont be seeking your forgiveness if it isnt how you would have voted if you were the owners of any shares. Sounds like you have had plenty of opportunities to become a shareholder and if you havent taken up any of those opportunities why do you feel you have the right to tell those who have invested their money in the club how they must vote?

Wow you took that personally. There are thousands of us who have invested in this club over the years (63 years in my case) either by buying tickets, paying on the gate, using the club shop or perhaps being a shareholder, you decided to buy a few shares, well done I sincerely respect your decision. I reserve my share buying to companies that are well run and might make me a profit, essentially, you made a donation to RAFC as I did when I used to put my sixpence spence into the " build a Sandy Lane Stand Appeal"!
There are just some 300 or so shareholders who can effect change. Some will, unfortunately, not vote, some will vote for the status quo and some will vote for change, My view is that there is an expectation in the wider supporter-base that there needs to be change, indeed it is long overdue, but as you say you are fully entitled to do what you please, however, it seems to me that this is not the time for shareholders to "sit back and see what happens". You have shares, its partly your company, do as you please.
hopefully, you're one of the "Big 50" shareholders invited to the physical meeting who stand the best chance of being heard. Frankly I fear the worst of all possible outcomes...no change,. I believe that there is a large anti-Dunphy group who will be attending wielding a lot of shares between them. There will be games played and unlikely alliances formed. please vote wisely for all our sakes and more importantly the sake of RAFC. And just for the record I have said as much to my family and friends who own shares.
Notice of AGM on 21:22 - May 11 with 1539 viewsRAFCBLUE

Have eligible shareholders received the relevant information yet from Club Secretary, George Delves?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Notice of AGM on 21:31 - May 11 with 1514 viewsIOMDale

Notice of AGM on 21:22 - May 11 by RAFCBLUE

Have eligible shareholders received the relevant information yet from Club Secretary, George Delves?

Not yet, though in his defence, there is still plenty of time.

UTDNFS

Notice of AGM on 22:14 - May 11 with 1436 viewsRAFCBLUE

Notice of AGM on 21:31 - May 11 by IOMDale

Not yet, though in his defence, there is still plenty of time.

Thanks IOM.

The financial accounts to 31 May 2020 should be part of those documents I expect.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 22:15]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Notice of AGM on 22:27 - May 11 with 1403 viewsIOMDale

Notice of AGM on 22:14 - May 11 by RAFCBLUE

Thanks IOM.

The financial accounts to 31 May 2020 should be part of those documents I expect.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 22:15]

Would it be illegal to let them be known without the club’s consent/before the AGM or can they be discussed publicly upon receipt?

UTDNFS

Notice of AGM on 22:34 - May 11 with 1387 viewsjudd

Notice of AGM on 22:27 - May 11 by IOMDale

Would it be illegal to let them be known without the club’s consent/before the AGM or can they be discussed publicly upon receipt?

They are posted in the public domain on the Companies House website.

There have already been elements of disclosure of turnover and profit by the CE in the Forbes magazine interview last September and of profitability by a director at the fans forum. I would have thought protocol of not informing the companys' owners first has been breached to a degree but hey ho.

Notice of AGM on 12:08 - May 12 with 1099 viewsSandyman

Looks like the current fiasco is going to be featured on Kieran Maguire's "Price Of Football" podcast tomorrow

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire
Notice of AGM on 12:14 - May 12 with 1090 viewsRAFCBLUE

Notice of AGM on 12:08 - May 12 by Sandyman

Looks like the current fiasco is going to be featured on Kieran Maguire's "Price Of Football" podcast tomorrow

You've got to think that he must be reading this Board with a running order like that.

Nice for the buckets that they are still ahead of us in the pecking order. Even an insolvent former football league club ranks higher than Dale.

Notice of AGM on 12:26 - May 12 with 1063 viewsD_Alien

Notice of AGM on 12:14 - May 12 by RAFCBLUE

You've got to think that he must be reading this Board with a running order like that.

Nice for the buckets that they are still ahead of us in the pecking order. Even an insolvent former football league club ranks higher than Dale.

Tbf, it looks like its more about the sale of Gigg Lane than the former football club, who aren't directly named

Notice of AGM on 12:38 - May 12 with 1019 viewsboromat

Notice of AGM on 12:08 - May 12 by Sandyman

Be interesting to hear the views of a 3rd party if nothing else. I doubt we'll hear any new information that's not already freely available or been discussed on here.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Notice of AGM on 13:01 - May 12 with 969 viewselectricblue

Im unsure tbh about this as the forum proved that a is not quite right within the club......

I live in hope and pray the club can move forward with better guidance...
[Post edited 12 May 2021 13:07]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024