Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pointless Match Thread 11:57 - May 9 with 10820 viewsboromat

Just in case anyone else is watching.

Think we've seen the last of Baah.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 11:58]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Pointless Match Thread on 15:15 - May 9 with 3412 viewsDalenet

Pointless Match Thread on 14:42 - May 9 by James1980

He isn't the only opposition fan that has praised us though is he? I've heard of other friends saying things like we should have enough to stay up and that we played well even after some of the defeats

James really. Have you really watched us this season? Have we done enough? Seriously. The players were good enough I accept, but the tactics weren't. Your mates comments are nice but don't bring me any comfort.
Pointless Match Thread on 15:37 - May 9 with 3299 viewsncfc_chalky

I've just got back from sitting by the Trent and had a look at the results and that just about takes the biscuit,Dale win at MK Dons and Swindon win at Wigan

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Pointless Match Thread on 16:05 - May 9 with 3162 viewsnordenblue

Pointless Match Thread on 15:37 - May 9 by ncfc_chalky

I've just got back from sitting by the Trent and had a look at the results and that just about takes the biscuit,Dale win at MK Dons and Swindon win at Wigan

All sadly very predictable chalky, just confirms how badly managed we've been all season long thats all...
Pointless Match Thread on 17:00 - May 9 with 2944 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Credit where it's due, so well done to the players but it's also sooooooooooooooooo,soooooooooooooooooo annoying that we could have been well safe before all this belated upturn.
Pointless Match Thread on 17:06 - May 9 with 2919 viewsRobinHoodDale

Pointless Match Thread on 15:37 - May 9 by ncfc_chalky

I've just got back from sitting by the Trent, too, Chalky after several recent weeks of biscuits.

As a "Country" member, what irks the most is remembering my last live game on 7th March 2020 - pre-lockdown but still a difficult choice to make as to whether I should travel or not.

I was glad I did as we knocked Rotherham 3-1 into a cocked hat, looked like a side that should be nowhere near relegation and indeed, that weekend, escaped out of the bottom three to remain so.

The initial irony, of course, is that Rotherham were still promoted - for what turns out to be a fleeting season.

Further irony is that for that game, we had a striker who later departed under various cloud-like forms, was named as this season's April's player of the month in League 2 and - who knows - we may have to face next season !

Aaargh - such fine margins.
Pointless Match Thread on 17:30 - May 9 with 2798 viewsncfc_chalky

It was lovely down there today RobinHoodDale,which area was you sitting in?

Pointless Match Thread on 17:33 - May 9 with 2787 viewsRobinHoodDale

Pointless Match Thread on 17:30 - May 9 by ncfc_chalky

It was lovely down there today RobinHoodDale,which area was you sitting in?

Between Gunthorpe and Hoveringham
[Post edited 9 May 2021 17:34]
Pointless Match Thread on 17:48 - May 9 with 2731 viewsncfc_chalky

Pointless Match Thread on 17:33 - May 9 by RobinHoodDale

Between Gunthorpe and Hoveringham
[Post edited 9 May 2021 17:34]

I know where you mean,it's nice down there,I was there a couple of weeks ago to look at some Egyptian geese there,I was sitting just by the The Ferry Boat at Stoke Bardolph today

Login to get fewer ads

Pointless Match Thread on 17:51 - May 9 with 2712 viewskel

Don’t know about anyone else but I’m getting quite wound up with some players suddenly appearing on Twitter apologising for it not being good enough this season etc.

Personally I’d be keeping my head down instead of trying to gain praise which is what some fans are giving them.
Pointless Match Thread on 18:49 - May 9 with 2525 views442Dale

Pointless Match Thread on 17:51 - May 9 by kel

Don’t know about anyone else but I’m getting quite wound up with some players suddenly appearing on Twitter apologising for it not being good enough this season etc.

Personally I’d be keeping my head down instead of trying to gain praise which is what some fans are giving them.

That and being given lessons in life metaphors are ensuring a season we’d want to forget is still managing to annoy even though it’s now over.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pointless Match Thread on 20:16 - May 9 with 2310 viewsRobinHoodDale

Pointless Match Thread on 17:48 - May 9 by ncfc_chalky

I know where you mean,it's nice down there,I was there a couple of weeks ago to look at some Egyptian geese there,I was sitting just by the The Ferry Boat at Stoke Bardolph today

Know it well, Chalky. Used to take the kids there for tumblefun and beers for grown-ups.
Pointless Match Thread on 20:19 - May 9 with 2289 viewsD_Alien

Pointless Match Thread on 18:49 - May 9 by 442Dale

That and being given lessons in life metaphors are ensuring a season we’d want to forget is still managing to annoy even though it’s now over.

We've certainly learnt what unconditional surrender looks like

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pointless Match Thread on 00:59 - May 10 with 1975 viewsAtThePeake

Pointless Match Thread on 14:17 - May 9 by 56years

Don't dare say anything positive James - it is not allowed on this board any more.........

That's nonsense of course. Here's my list of positives.

We won today (in a game that didn't matter because we were already relegated).

Opposition fans have praised our playing style all season (many after their team have just beaten us in far more important games than today's)

We have a talented young manager (we don't, we have a manager who led us to our worst ever winless home run, but the board think we do so that's nice for them).

We are going on a special journey in the next five years (where have I heard that before? Looking forward to starting the #ride from the league below the one we were in this season).

The likes of Kwadwo Baah and Stephen Humphrys are talented young attackers with big futures ahead of them (away from Spotland).

Eoghan O'Connell has been the best permanent centre-back we've had at the club for a while (his contract's up before we next play).

Our CEO has improved communication recently (If you consider a 10 minute video of nothingness during which several important questions went unanswered an improvement on zero communication)

Our youth team looks very talented after a recent trophy win and with many players attracting interest from teams further up the pyramid (after all the 2nd year scholars were released by us despite this success).

Genuinely impressed that people are managing to find positives at the moment. The only positives I can see just lead me to further frustration that a team more than good enough to stay up has found itself relegated for a number of very avoidable reasons.

Tangled up in blue.

Pointless Match Thread on 08:55 - May 10 with 1777 viewsfunkkk

I actually think the amount of glowing comments we’ve had from opposition fans is a pertinent point, albeit not a positive. It just highlights to me that the players were good enough to stay up, but most of us know that anyway.
Pointless Match Thread on 09:26 - May 10 with 1729 viewsD_Alien

Pointless Match Thread on 08:55 - May 10 by funkkk

I actually think the amount of glowing comments we’ve had from opposition fans is a pertinent point, albeit not a positive. It just highlights to me that the players were good enough to stay up, but most of us know that anyway.

What's equally annoying is "highlight pundits" such as Colin Murray on EFL on Quest repeating (again, yesterday) that we play "attacking football"

Rather than a cavalier playing style, it's simply being cavalier with the truth of what we've had to endure through a long lockdown winter

Positives? For the time being, and at least until DB is gone from our club - you can stick 'em

(Don't mean you, funkkk)

[Post edited 10 May 2021 9:32]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pointless Match Thread on 09:38 - May 10 with 1707 viewsDaleiLama

Pointless Match Thread on 09:26 - May 10 by D_Alien

What's equally annoying is "highlight pundits" such as Colin Murray on EFL on Quest repeating (again, yesterday) that we play "attacking football"

Rather than a cavalier playing style, it's simply being cavalier with the truth of what we've had to endure through a long lockdown winter

Positives? For the time being, and at least until DB is gone from our club - you can stick 'em

(Don't mean you, funkkk)

[Post edited 10 May 2021 9:32]

In a way, for me, it's even more worrying than that. We've gone out and beaten teams easily. We've been thrashed. We've seen dreadful 0-0 draws with what seemed like no sign of a goal for a week. We've chucked draws and wins away late in games. We've leaked goals for fun (at least for away fans). We've been absolutely consistent in only one respect - not enough points and too many goals conceded. Otherwise we've been all over the place style/attitude and results-wise. There are two positives for me - we do seem to have added some talent to the squad (though this will probably be more than offset by talent walking, so we'll likely need to do it all again over the summer) and form improved when it was too late. Not much to hang your hat on is it? (Happy to stick my positives too )

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pointless Match Thread on 14:24 - May 10 with 1467 viewsCedar_Room

wonder how many teams playing attacking football this season went 7 games in a row without scoring a single goal
Pointless Match Thread on 16:50 - May 10 with 1298 viewsDaleiLama

Pointless Match Thread on 13:25 - May 9 by TVOS1907

Jimmy's goal went in via a deflection, but if you have a shot...

Like AltDaleComms said, "Who knew?"

"The Irish goal machine. Right foot, left foot - he doesn't give a shit. The League 1 Messi humiliates the keeper by playing it off the MK defender. Please don't leave me Jimmy - I can't bear the thought of L2 without you".

Was just thinking I'd miss these over the summer when he says at the end he'll be doing some old games and open to requests in replies section.

[Post edited 10 May 2021 17:21]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pointless Match Thread on 18:05 - May 10 with 1178 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just looking at the highlights of the game, good to see Dean Lewington had a good game helping us out.

Played, Whinger.
Pointless Match Thread on 18:14 - May 10 with 1162 viewsrichfoad32

Pointless Match Thread on 18:05 - May 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Just looking at the highlights of the game, good to see Dean Lewington had a good game helping us out.

Played, Whinger.

Possibly it's all tongue in cheek but I'm unsure what Lewington has ever done to inspire animosity with opposition fans. He's been a good, solid pro with over 700 appearances (with possibly more to come) for the same club. What we could do for one of those, good luck to him.
Pointless Match Thread on 19:53 - May 10 with 1053 viewsTVOS1907

Pointless Match Thread on 18:14 - May 10 by richfoad32

Possibly it's all tongue in cheek but I'm unsure what Lewington has ever done to inspire animosity with opposition fans. He's been a good, solid pro with over 700 appearances (with possibly more to come) for the same club. What we could do for one of those, good luck to him.

Good question.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pointless Match Thread on 20:22 - May 10 with 990 viewsAtThePeake

Pointless Match Thread on 18:14 - May 10 by richfoad32

With us, didn't it all stem from an absolutely shocking dive he did in one of our first meetings with MK a long while back? I've always found him to be the kind of player you love to have on your side but hate to play against, the kind that's always in the referee's ear and putting in niggly fouls he knows he'll get away with.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024