Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 44 09:55 - May 14 with 865 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 44 14th May 2021 09:53
Chaff, Ryan, Luke and Dean look back on a season that ended in disappointment for Dale and look forward to the EGMs and AGMs taking place on June 1st. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 44 on 12:11 - May 14 with 790 viewsfunkkk

When did Bottomley turn into Lord Voldemort?! 😂
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 44 on 17:37 - May 16 with 580 viewsjudd

Top listen again, gents.

Just a few points:

The club has been courting investment for many years - I remember Francis Collins telling me about who the club was talking to when he was Chief Exec.

The current CE has publicly stated in a published interview that investment is required for our own training facility and mentioned figures between £8m and £14m. Prioritising this to the exclusion of immediate first team investment is just plain wrong, in my opinion.

I totally agree that not all investment is good investment.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 44 on 09:30 - May 17 with 423 viewsChaffRAFC

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 44 on 17:37 - May 16 by judd

Top listen again, gents.

Just a few points:

The club has been courting investment for many years - I remember Francis Collins telling me about who the club was talking to when he was Chief Exec.

The current CE has publicly stated in a published interview that investment is required for our own training facility and mentioned figures between £8m and £14m. Prioritising this to the exclusion of immediate first team investment is just plain wrong, in my opinion.

I totally agree that not all investment is good investment.

Cheers Judd.

While we've evidently been after investment for years, there does seem to be a hint of desperation around getting it in these last few months.

If this whole investment need is purely for training facilities and not to benefit the first team budget then I'm gonna need to see some very hard evidence of the benefits to this. A training ground is all well and good but for that amount of investment and for it to potentially be the only thing we are chasing investment for, we'd need to guarantee that it helps develop our academy and that our first team performances improve.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024