Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon 18:29 - May 15 with 4039 viewsSuddenLad

Did anyone hear what he had to say?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 19:14 - May 15 with 3977 viewsblackdogblue

I quit hopefully

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 22:32 - May 15 with 3644 viewsJames1980

2:08:28 it starts and was and honest open frank summary of the season and some of the key points within it imo.
Contract was signed in November
He agrees the communication from the club has been poor
R&R list has been decided, because it has to be submitted to efl/fa tonight I think he said. Fans will be told in the next few days.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 22:39 - May 15 with 3627 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 22:32 - May 15 by James1980

2:08:28 it starts and was and honest open frank summary of the season and some of the key points within it imo.
R&R list has been decided, because it has to be submitted to efl/fa tonight I think he said. Fans will be told in the next few days.

Here's the full programme. First hour all seems to be about City from dragging through it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09h5vs9

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 23:23 - May 15 with 3551 viewsRAFCBLUE

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 22:32 - May 15 by James1980

BBM also noted:

1. He's not been told the budget for next season yet - so is working on the basis it's the same as this one.
2. He's not been told about the "potential investment" and what that might mean for the squad.

He sounded quite miffed about how his November 2020 contract extension had been (not) announced.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 09:36 - May 16 with 3253 views442Dale

If it was signed in November, it’s worth noting the results that month:

No wins, a draw and four defeats.

The win at Plymouth came on the first of December with the 5-0 at Wigan two weeks later. It makes less and less sense when you look at the timeline and the reasons why it was not communicated. Farcical doesn’t even cover it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 09:45 - May 16 with 3222 viewsEllDale

My conclusion is that, if it was signed in November, then it was deemed diplomatic or politic enough to delay the announcement due to results and home performances.
It then kept being delaying for more suitable circumstances which never really presented themselves.
BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 09:58 - May 16 with 3180 views442Dale

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 09:45 - May 16 by EllDale

My conclusion is that, if it was signed in November, then it was deemed diplomatic or politic enough to delay the announcement due to results and home performances.
It then kept being delaying for more suitable circumstances which never really presented themselves.

If it was early November, our home record wasn’t so bad then and we’d ended October ok. People would have understood it.

Not announcing it makes zero sense on so many levels.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 10:16 - May 16 with 3141 viewsThacks_Rabbits

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 09:58 - May 16 by 442Dale

If it was early November, our home record wasn’t so bad then and we’d ended October ok. People would have understood it.

Not announcing it makes zero sense on so many levels.

Very little of anything the board have done in the last 12 months makes much sense to me and it seems they are continuing not to have learned anything. They are continuing to manipulate and play politics with information for no benefit to anyone, don’t they learn!

If the r & r list has been sent surely they have told the players? If so why not just announce it? I am sure bits will appear on twitter assuming they have told the players (not having done so would be disgraceful).

BBM comes across as incredibly gullible if he assumes that wages will be last seasons and seems happy to be told next to nothing re available investment, can only assume he is just happy to have a job. To not be told the above is a bloody joke though, how can a manager work under these circumstances?

I can’t recall the club ever being run so badly or with such a cloak and dagger approach, sooner Bottomley goes the better!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 10:33 - May 16 with 3101 viewsSuddenLad

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 10:16 - May 16 by Thacks_Rabbits

Very little of anything the board have done in the last 12 months makes much sense to me and it seems they are continuing not to have learned anything. They are continuing to manipulate and play politics with information for no benefit to anyone, don’t they learn!

If the r & r list has been sent surely they have told the players? If so why not just announce it? I am sure bits will appear on twitter assuming they have told the players (not having done so would be disgraceful).

BBM comes across as incredibly gullible if he assumes that wages will be last seasons and seems happy to be told next to nothing re available investment, can only assume he is just happy to have a job. To not be told the above is a bloody joke though, how can a manager work under these circumstances?

I can’t recall the club ever being run so badly or with such a cloak and dagger approach, sooner Bottomley goes the better!

It's not a case of BBM being gullible, he is obviously in the dark and not being told the basics in order that he can adequately plan ahead. That's not his fault, it's simply pi$$-poor on behalf of the club. There's more effort gone into advertising for a bloody scoreboard operator, than making key announcements to either the manager or the supporters about the team and players. All arse about face.

The way that the manager, the team and supporters seem to have less consideration than almost anything else.

In the same way that BBM knew his contract had been extended - he also knows who is on the R&R list, but likewise, it is certainly not his job to make that public, even though he has the information.

How on earth can any manager, at any club in his situation be expected to prepare properly for next year? It's grossly unfair on BBM who clearly is getting on with the job as best he can.

Utter shambles. Give the bloke the information he needs to give him the best opportunity to prepare properly. Is it really so difficult?

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 11:15 - May 16 with 3019 viewsboromat

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 10:33 - May 16 by SuddenLad

It's not a case of BBM being gullible, he is obviously in the dark and not being told the basics in order that he can adequately plan ahead. That's not his fault, it's simply pi$$-poor on behalf of the club. There's more effort gone into advertising for a bloody scoreboard operator, than making key announcements to either the manager or the supporters about the team and players. All arse about face.

The way that the manager, the team and supporters seem to have less consideration than almost anything else.

In the same way that BBM knew his contract had been extended - he also knows who is on the R&R list, but likewise, it is certainly not his job to make that public, even though he has the information.

How on earth can any manager, at any club in his situation be expected to prepare properly for next year? It's grossly unfair on BBM who clearly is getting on with the job as best he can.

Utter shambles. Give the bloke the information he needs to give him the best opportunity to prepare properly. Is it really so difficult?

It's a joke that he doesn't have a budget yet. In previous season I remember Hill and Dunphy talking about several plans and budgets that have been agreed depending on what league we'd be in. That planning allows the manager to look at recruitment and the release of players understanding the different constraints and scenarios that they would have to work within. Sounds like BBM is completely blind and any planning he has done could be completely undone if the budget is changed from his assumption.

I'm shocked. If this is how the clubs being ran the quicker the 1st June the better let's just hope we get the outcome we want.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 11:34 - May 16 with 2970 views49thseason

I think the lack of financial information even to the extent of not giving the manager a budget is probably as a result of the NDAs signed with potential investors. I would think this might suggest a decent level of investment coming into the club. It would hardly need NDAs if it were just some new directors putting their £25k into the pot.
Hold on to your hats boys and girls. What did Bottomley say about someone contacting the club every week wanting to buy in? Maybe he has hooked a whopper?
BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 11:35 - May 16 with 2964 viewsDalenet

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 10:33 - May 16 by SuddenLad

Whilst it would be better if the club issued a statement on the R&R list in full, the manager has the ability to let people know via the media interviews. Assuming the players have been told, it can't be right that the CEO is gagging the manager. I can only assume there is a car crash coming and they don't want a repeat of last year. Only themselves to blame if we do
BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 14:32 - May 16 with 2738 viewsboromat

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 11:34 - May 16 by 49thseason

I think the lack of financial information even to the extent of not giving the manager a budget is probably as a result of the NDAs signed with potential investors. I would think this might suggest a decent level of investment coming into the club. It would hardly need NDAs if it were just some new directors putting their £25k into the pot.
Hold on to your hats boys and girls. What did Bottomley say about someone contacting the club every week wanting to buy in? Maybe he has hooked a whopper?

But surely the manager should be given a budget to work with now on the assumption that we won't get any investment and the fact that we're in League 2. Having no direction is pathetic.

All the talk of investment has been directed to improved infrastructure as well and not improved playing budget. Who knows what's going on at the moment

Poll: What are we more excited for?

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 16:25 - May 16 with 2563 viewsblackdogblue

Maybe the club are nervous having read numerous postings on here where they can stick their season cards... it’s hard to set a budget if no one buys any....

Maybe they are waiting until after the EGM to see who goes & who’s left to make the decisions.

#bottomleyout seems trending a bit on twitter.

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 16:55 - May 16 with 2497 viewsnordenblue

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 10:16 - May 16 by Thacks_Rabbits

You have pm
BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 09:38 - May 17 with 1990 viewsChaffRAFC

If the contract was in November when the club specified "before Christmas" then I'm classing that as being lied to again. Yes November is before Christmas but using the phrase is deliberately being vague to make us think it could have been around the time of the two impressive wins against Wigan and Plymouth. If it was November, well, we picked up 1 point and got embarrassed by a non-league side in the FA Cup.

And let it be said, this is not the fault of Brian Barry-Murphy. If you're offered a new deal where you want to stay then you'd take it too and it's absolutely not your job to announce it either.

I'm sick to f*****g death of being lied to and treated as a mug by this football club and specifically the CEO.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 10:12 - May 17 with 1914 viewsSuddenLad

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 09:38 - May 17 by ChaffRAFC

If the contract was in November when the club specified "before Christmas" then I'm classing that as being lied to again. Yes November is before Christmas but using the phrase is deliberately being vague to make us think it could have been around the time of the two impressive wins against Wigan and Plymouth. If it was November, well, we picked up 1 point and got embarrassed by a non-league side in the FA Cup.

And let it be said, this is not the fault of Brian Barry-Murphy. If you're offered a new deal where you want to stay then you'd take it too and it's absolutely not your job to announce it either.

I'm sick to f*****g death of being lied to and treated as a mug by this football club and specifically the CEO.

I agree entirely and would re-iterate that this has nothing to do with BBM. As I've said before, it is not and has never been his role to make such matters known.

I suppose the ultimate responsibility would normally lie with the Chairman for announcing such matters, but there we have/had another problem. Lord Lucan was unseen, unheard or even unaware.

We should be sponsored by Billy Smarts.

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 10:16 - May 17 with 1898 viewsToffeemanc

"I'm sick to f*****g death of being lied to and treated as a mug by this football club and specifically the CEO."

That last line is perfectly put Chaff, this sums the whole situation up for me.

Personally my decision as to whether to renew is a simple one and one that will be entirely dependant on the outcome of the EGM. Simply if Bottomley is removed from the club completely then I will buy a season ticket again.

Alternatively if he is still a director or is still employed by the club as CEO then I will be boycotting the season cards,
When they post out the renewal forms I will be returning it to them with a note attached clearly stating " Not a penny more until Bottomley is gone".
The idiots currently running the club need to be made very aware that their actions are going to have immediate financial consequences for the club.

BOTTOMLEY OUT!

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 11:23 - May 17 with 1769 viewselectricblue

Well chaps the farce continues and like many supporters they are thinking of either waiting for agent Bottomley to walk and then buy a ST or not buy one at all..

I made up my mind last week on holiday up Scotland that i will not be parting with any dosh for an ST until things change within the club and 100% of supporters can spectate a game....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 12:09 - May 17 with 1684 viewskel

Well said, Chaff. It’s second nature to the bloke to lie and deceive but it’s especially not nice to see it when it comes from someone who claims to be one of our own. He’s single handedly destroyed the relationship between fans and the club which is what I’m sure a lot of us took immense pride in and it’s all for his own benefit.
BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 12:40 - May 17 with 1595 viewsChaffRAFC

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 12:09 - May 17 by kel

Well said, Chaff. It’s second nature to the bloke to lie and deceive but it’s especially not nice to see it when it comes from someone who claims to be one of our own. He’s single handedly destroyed the relationship between fans and the club which is what I’m sure a lot of us took immense pride in and it’s all for his own benefit.

100% spot on.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 13:07 - May 17 with 1529 viewsSandyman

Fans Forum 10th March 2021. News emerges that BBM has a contract extension. Director Graham Rawlinson seemingly doesn't know (supporters, shareholders and the media certainly didn't) or has got dates mixed up.

11th March 2021. Club statement.
"We have had a number of follow up questions about the contract end date for Brian Barry-Murphy. We can confirm that his contract with the Club runs until May 2022.
We accept and apologise that communication on this topic hasn’t been up to the high standards we aspire to."

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/march/fansforumupdate/

"Brian, who is a hugely talented manager, has worked at Rochdale AFC for 11 years, and the Board of Directors are fully behind him and his team. He is under contract until the summer of 2022, having signed an extension before Christmas. Unfortunately, results ultimately dipped as we entered into January and it became difficult to announce the news. We admit and accept that the news should have been communicated at the time when Brian signed the extension, and we can only apologise that it wasn’t."

"Open letter to supporters" 25th March 2021.

15th May 2021. BBM says on Radio Manchester he was given a contract extension in November 2020. No reason to disbelieve him.

So, we have a contract extension that was given in November or before Christmas. It lasts until May 2022 or Summer 2022 depending on which club statement you read. Between November and March, nobody outside the inner circle of the club was told about this important piece of news because of the flimsiest excuse imaginable, results. This is unheard of at Rochdale.

And still, we haven't got an explanation from the club, despite numerous people asking, as to WHY this contract extension was given, 6 months after the event.
BBM agrees communication is poor from the club. Every time Bottomley witters on about improving communication, it gets worse. It is deception on his part. Amateurish and incompetent.

The recent poll held on this site where over 99% of voters do not have confidence in Bottomley speaks volumes.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/members/RAFCBLUE/polls/2625/vote

The club is paying out good money to someone who is driving fans away. It doesn't have to be this way.

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 13:10 - May 17 with 1508 viewsseasidedale

It could be that the contract was agreed in November and by time it was typed up ect it was December when signed
BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 13:14 - May 17 with 1483 viewsJames1980

How does November fit in with the timescale of another club considering BBM for their management team?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 14:20 - May 17 with 1335 viewsDaleiLama

BBM on Radio Bolton this afternoon on 13:07 - May 17 by Sandyman

Fans Forum 10th March 2021. News emerges that BBM has a contract extension. Director Graham Rawlinson seemingly doesn't know (supporters, shareholders and the media certainly didn't) or has got dates mixed up.

11th March 2021. Club statement.
"We have had a number of follow up questions about the contract end date for Brian Barry-Murphy. We can confirm that his contract with the Club runs until May 2022.
We accept and apologise that communication on this topic hasn’t been up to the high standards we aspire to."

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/march/fansforumupdate/

"Brian, who is a hugely talented manager, has worked at Rochdale AFC for 11 years, and the Board of Directors are fully behind him and his team. He is under contract until the summer of 2022, having signed an extension before Christmas. Unfortunately, results ultimately dipped as we entered into January and it became difficult to announce the news. We admit and accept that the news should have been communicated at the time when Brian signed the extension, and we can only apologise that it wasn’t."

"Open letter to supporters" 25th March 2021.

15th May 2021. BBM says on Radio Manchester he was given a contract extension in November 2020. No reason to disbelieve him.

So, we have a contract extension that was given in November or before Christmas. It lasts until May 2022 or Summer 2022 depending on which club statement you read. Between November and March, nobody outside the inner circle of the club was told about this important piece of news because of the flimsiest excuse imaginable, results. This is unheard of at Rochdale.

And still, we haven't got an explanation from the club, despite numerous people asking, as to WHY this contract extension was given, 6 months after the event.
BBM agrees communication is poor from the club. Every time Bottomley witters on about improving communication, it gets worse. It is deception on his part. Amateurish and incompetent.

The recent poll held on this site where over 99% of voters do not have confidence in Bottomley speaks volumes.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/members/RAFCBLUE/polls/2625/vote

The club is paying out good money to someone who is driving fans away. It doesn't have to be this way.

Oh what tangled webs we weave. A liar nearly always gets caught out in his own lies eventually.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024