Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Released list 15:05 - May 19 with 17973 viewsShun

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/may/retainedreleasedlist20-21/

Only surprise really is that we’re negotiating with Dooley and Done. Other than that it’s as expected.
Released list on 15:08 - May 19 with 8497 viewsBrierls

Shaughnessy is the surprise there. He was announced on an 18 month deal, but it turns out it was 6 month and then 12 months if he wanted it. He doesn't.
Released list on 15:12 - May 19 with 8436 viewsSuddenLad

Released list on 15:08 - May 19 by Brierls

Shaughnessy is the surprise there. He was announced on an 18 month deal, but it turns out it was 6 month and then 12 months if he wanted it. He doesn't.

He's presumably got a better offer from elsewhere. His prerogative I suppose.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Released list on 15:12 - May 19 with 8432 viewsfunkkk

Not sure why the club had to wait exactly 48hrs after the Baah news to break this but there we go.

Can’t say I’m excited about Done & Dooley being offered contracts but I don’t think they are bad squad players for League 2.
Released list on 15:15 - May 19 with 8411 viewsKnowlesy

Dooley and Done will probably be alright in League two as squad players. Can't imagine half of those offered contracts will sign, but at least they've tried.

Shaughnessy offered very little that I could see in his short time with us, I'm not unhappy to see him go, although he probably would've done a job in league 2. Another blinder by the club announcing an 18 month deal that ends after 6, though.
Released list on 15:16 - May 19 with 8390 viewsfinberty

Minority voice here, but I still consider that Done, played in a forward position, can do a good job for us.

Absolutely not to be used as a makeshift LB.
Released list on 15:26 - May 19 with 8295 viewsNewbury_Dale

I think the correct decisions have been made; with the possible exception of Dooley who I would have let go. McLaughlin and Ryan are too injury prone for a club with a small squad, which we will inevitably have. The decision to offer Peter Thomas pro terms is quite interesting to me. He looks to have an eye for goal. I assume offering Brad Kelly terms means we will go with Lynch and Wade as first team keepers next year with no loanee. Kelly as backup.

I think the accompanying interview with the manager was well put together. Although the releasing of all 2nd year scholars needs further discussion. Was it done through choice [footballing reasons] or through necessity [financial reasons] ?
[Post edited 19 May 2021 15:28]
Released list on 15:35 - May 19 with 8202 viewsSheffield_dale

I can't remember if we paid a fee for Shaughnessy? If so, isn't that horrific business for 5 months of utter mediocrity?
Released list on 15:39 - May 19 with 8161 viewsjonahwhereru

Released list on 15:16 - May 19 by finberty

Minority voice here, but I still consider that Done, played in a forward position, can do a good job for us.

Agree on Done. As a channel runner he has a role, as a left back he is try his b-llocks off but will be found wanting to often.

I am surprised by the list of those released. I expected it to be carnage, but it is basically the crocks and 3 that haven’t met expectations. If 3 or more of O’Connell, Lund, Rathbone and Humphrys are still here next season I would be more than happy. Keohane would also be nice.

A lot has been said about not retaining second year scholars, but they have committed to extending Dunne and offering first years Kelly and Thomas deals. So I am reassured they have faith in the youth. On that Kelly, is interesting. That would make 3 keepers on the squad already including Lynch. I would imagine that should rule out another loan keeper next year.

Overall I think the actions taken make sense.
Login to get fewer ads

Released list on 15:46 - May 19 with 8075 viewsDaleiLama

Released list on 15:16 - May 19 by finberty

Don't disagree with that at all. At worst a change from the bench up front, or a starter for the first 60.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Released list on 15:50 - May 19 with 8033 viewsfitzochris

Released list on 15:35 - May 19 by Sheffield_dale

I can't remember if we paid a fee for Shaughnessy? If so, isn't that horrific business for 5 months of utter mediocrity?

We didn't pay anything for Shaughnessy. We only paid a fee for Conor Grant of our January incomings.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Released list on 16:04 - May 19 with 7896 viewselectricblue

I can see all the OOC players moving to other clubs, but offering McNulty a player coach contract is a step backwards for me..
McShane might have been a better option in those two roles providing he wanted to do that..

The surprise is Conor Shaughnessy.
The lad will think he is better than Lge 2 standard and hence the reason he as jumped ship.....

I hope that BBM as players in mind to get Dale promoted and not just Lge 2 survival..

Having just read BBMs interview he rabbles on n on about player development and moving forward etc.
What worries my about this article is no mention of what next seasons intentions are weither it be a push for the top 7 places or auto promotion or even stability......

[Post edited 19 May 2021 16:11]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Released list on 16:10 - May 19 with 7843 viewsCedar_Room

Released list on 15:39 - May 19 by jonahwhereru

Agree on Done. As a channel runner he has a role, as a left back he is try his b-llocks off but will be found wanting to often.

I am surprised by the list of those released. I expected it to be carnage, but it is basically the crocks and 3 that haven’t met expectations. If 3 or more of O’Connell, Lund, Rathbone and Humphrys are still here next season I would be more than happy. Keohane would also be nice.

A lot has been said about not retaining second year scholars, but they have committed to extending Dunne and offering first years Kelly and Thomas deals. So I am reassured they have faith in the youth. On that Kelly, is interesting. That would make 3 keepers on the squad already including Lynch. I would imagine that should rule out another loan keeper next year.

Overall I think the actions taken make sense.

thats going to be the real key for me - how many of the players under contract are we going to keep? because Morley, Humphrys, Newby, Rathbone, Beesley, Grant would form a very decent chunk of a L2 side. The real ambition will be how many of these are still here at the start of next season and how many have been flogged. Keep them and we might well do OK.
Released list on 16:31 - May 19 with 7683 viewsD_Alien

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/may/bbmonretainedreleasedlist/

"What we’ve seen towards the end of last season and towards the start of the window, the effects of being in League Two compared to League One isn’t significant. The parent clubs view the bottom half of League One and the top half of League Two quite similarly. So, from a loan point of view, the only difference is that if a player has already been loaned to League One, it takes quite a bit of convincing for them to loan them back into League Two the following season, but we’ll be doing everything in our power to secure the players we want."

Amongst all the other waffle, this takes the biscuit as the biggest load of self-contradictory bollocks

Not surprised by it at all; or any of the retained/released decisions

[Post edited 19 May 2021 16:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Released list on 17:00 - May 19 with 7447 viewsrichfoad32

Released list on 16:31 - May 19 by D_Alien

"What we’ve seen towards the end of last season and towards the start of the window, the effects of being in League Two compared to League One isn’t significant. The parent clubs view the bottom half of League One and the top half of League Two quite similarly. So, from a loan point of view, the only difference is that if a player has already been loaned to League One, it takes quite a bit of convincing for them to loan them back into League Two the following season, but we’ll be doing everything in our power to secure the players we want."

Amongst all the other waffle, this takes the biscuit as the biggest load of self-contradictory bollocks

Don't think it's contradictory, I read it that if a club has already had a player out on loan in League One then they'll be reluctant to loan them out to the lower league the following season.

If they're being loaned out for the first time though, most teams won't discriminate between League One cellar dwellers or those with aspirations to escape League Two.

Or summat like that. To be honest I skim read most of it, you're right, it is a load of waffle.
Released list on 17:16 - May 19 with 7317 viewsD_Alien

Released list on 17:00 - May 19 by richfoad32

Don't think it's contradictory, I read it that if a club has already had a player out on loan in League One then they'll be reluctant to loan them out to the lower league the following season.

If they're being loaned out for the first time though, most teams won't discriminate between League One cellar dwellers or those with aspirations to escape League Two.

Or summat like that. To be honest I skim read most of it, you're right, it is a load of waffle.

But how does he know most teams won't discriminate between lowerL1/upperL2?

And what if we're not upperL2? He doesn't look at league tables, apparently...

What he's trying to do is make out our avoidable relegation wasn't important. The only thing that's clear is he's tried to negotiate with parent clubs to bring back a player on loan (Osho?) and found our relegation has indeed affected his ability to do so, as if its come as some kind of surprise

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Released list on 17:18 - May 19 with 7301 viewsNafelad

Released list on 17:00 - May 19 by richfoad32

Waffle . . . like most of his post-match comments!

Topcat

Released list on 17:18 - May 19 with 7300 viewsShun

Released list on 15:08 - May 19 by Brierls

Ah yes, noticed that after posting. Very cloak and daggers once again. The club announce an 18-month contract which turns out to be not true. I’m sensing a theme here.
Released list on 17:44 - May 19 with 7020 viewsDaleiLama

Released list on 17:18 - May 19 by Shun

Ah yes, noticed that after posting. Very cloak and daggers once again. The club announce an 18-month contract which turns out to be not true. I’m sensing a theme here.

Once is a mistake. Twice is a habit. More than twice is a lifestyle.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Released list on 17:45 - May 19 with 7016 viewsEllDale

No real surprises there to my mind apart from Shaughnessy.
With his build he could have been an asset in the lower division.
So why all the cloak and dagger stuff? This could have been announced days ago.
I don't think that Done would have been offered a new deal if we'd stayed up but he could do a job in L2.
As for Jim McNulty I think he could slip seamlessly into the mentoring role once enjoyed by BBM himself.
And the temptation has been resisted to keep the players with recurring injury issues which is good.
What's the timeframe with out of contract players? How long do they have to accept or reject their offers?
Released list on 17:46 - May 19 with 6987 viewsblackdogblue

Looking at the big released thread there are a lot of players becoming available. I’m not being funny here but we were relegated for a reason.....

Most of the OOC players were also sidelined with an injury at some point as well...

If I was a League one Manager I wouldn’t be considering a Dale release the same as I wouldn’t be looking at any Southend players either...

& for the record, I do rate Matty Done as well

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Released list on 17:56 - May 19 with 6888 viewsrichfoad32

Released list on 17:45 - May 19 by EllDale

I don't think that Done would have been offered a new deal if we'd stayed up but he could do a job in L2.
As for Jim McNulty I think he could slip seamlessly into the mentoring role once enjoyed by BBM himself.
And the temptation has been resisted to keep the players with recurring injury issues which is good.
What's the timeframe with out of contract players? How long do they have to accept or reject their offers?

BBM says the OOC players have a two week window to let the club know their intentions. How set in stone this is, who knows?
Released list on 18:13 - May 19 with 6773 viewsNorthernDale

I have said it before, but I would not be surprised if Mcloughlin suddenly signs a new contract, like he did last season.

I would imagine of the players offered contracts, only O'Connell is likely to move on, I think the others may sign new contracts. Lund move to Scunthorpe and it did not work out, so he may decide not to take the risk and potentially make the same mistake again.

Hopefully BBM will get the squad signed up early, rather wait to see who is available in late July/early August.
Released list on 18:26 - May 19 with 6696 viewsHopwoodblue

Released list on 16:31 - May 19 by D_Alien

It’s not rocket science Brian if you had played a different style we wouldn’t be in league two now.
You reap what you sow and we all have apart from Brian who reaped an extra 12 months for being dreadful at his job and not seeming to care were we where in the table.
We’ve all banged on about the cost of relegation and the board had a chance to change things but choose instead to extend his contract.
I hope I don’t hear any of them using it as an excuse to tell us we can’t afford this that or the other
as it’s quite clear how much difference in TV revenue and gate revenue there is in league two, but I’m sure that will be the opening paragraph on any statements that are made in the near future when it comes to signing players.
There better be some good news regarding investment at the AGM/EGM or I fear we will be fighting another relegation battle and if it ends badly it could well be our last one !
[Post edited 19 May 2021 18:31]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Released list on 18:59 - May 19 with 6552 viewsDale27

Released list on 17:45 - May 19 by EllDale

Is it daft to presume the contract he signed, included a drop in wages if the club was relegated?

Or am I giving the club too much credit?

Silly me.
Released list on 19:06 - May 19 with 6516 viewselectricblue

Released list on 17:56 - May 19 by richfoad32

BBM says the OOC players have a two week window to let the club know their intentions. How set in stone this is, who knows?

That depends upon Agent Bottomleys version of 2wks......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024