Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An update from the Board 15:11 - Jun 1 with 4740 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/updatetosupporters/

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

An update from the Board on 15:14 - Jun 1 with 3724 viewskel

This must be that “better communication” we were promised.
An update from the Board on 15:23 - Jun 1 with 3635 viewsRalphs12

So... agree to these proposals or we can’t go any further than relegation fodder back to league two, despite previously threatening the playoffs in league one.

Are shareholders voting to allow a new owner or investors, do the club know themselves what they are asking people to agree to?

Training ground.... again why?! Where?

Community facilities.... where and why now... or is it just buzz words much like the mentioned academy, of which we just released all the second years?

Are shareholders going to be told ahead of any potential investment / new owners or will they just be as surprised by the news when and if it went through?
An update from the Board on 15:24 - Jun 1 with 3630 viewsDaleiLama

An update from the Board on 15:14 - Jun 1 by kel

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

An update from the Board on 15:24 - Jun 1 with 3630 viewsjudd

Have I missed it or has the period of exclusivity with one party been omitted from this one?

After all these years of trying and all of a sudden there’s a whole bunch of em lined up.

Wonderful.

Poll: What is it to be then?

An update from the Board on 15:25 - Jun 1 with 3625 viewsDaleFan7

Only when they're panicking their poorly communicated plans might be about to fall apart, aye.

All they're doing here is setting up their excuse for our downfall should they not get what they want.
An update from the Board on 15:28 - Jun 1 with 3610 viewsDaleiLama

An update from the Board on 15:24 - Jun 1 by judd

Have I missed it or has the period of exclusivity with one party been omitted from this one?

After all these years of trying and all of a sudden there’s a whole bunch of em lined up.

Wonderful.

(if you've got a posh accent)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

An update from the Board on 15:29 - Jun 1 with 3604 viewsChaffRAFC

It sounds a bit like begging now.

And we still don't know who the investor is, if there still is one?

Do we know what shareholding Nick Grindrod now has?

It's starting to look like desperation to sell the club, like they've had enough.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

An update from the Board on 15:33 - Jun 1 with 3584 viewstony_roch975

Interesting last para which responds to the question (raised on here & by Dan & Emre) of whether and how Nick Grindrod obtained shares for his recent appointment as a Director - it was by private transfer. They don't state how many but if at the size of other directors it means a significant transfer - how many other such transfers we might discover tonight

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

An update from the Board on 15:37 - Jun 1 with 3563 viewsSandyman

A wee bit of scaremongering a few hours before the meetings. Let us do what we like without shareholder input or face disaster. It would be irresponsible of shareholders to allow that carte blanche to be given ,given the current state the board is in. On Thursday, shareholders were told a purchaser had exclusivity. This is no longer mentioned. Why? In years gone by, this proposal may well have been acceptable. The current board, unfortunately does not command the trust it used to.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 15:40]
An update from the Board on 15:40 - Jun 1 with 3545 views100notout

An update from the Board on 15:33 - Jun 1 by tony_roch975

Interesting last para which responds to the question (raised on here & by Dan & Emre) of whether and how Nick Grindrod obtained shares for his recent appointment as a Director - it was by private transfer. They don't state how many but if at the size of other directors it means a significant transfer - how many other such transfers we might discover tonight

It will be interesting to see who he got the shares from and how much he paid for them. The annual statement will be lodged at companies house later this month so it will all be public knowledge soon.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

An update from the Board on 15:41 - Jun 1 with 3520 viewskel

An update from the Board on 15:29 - Jun 1 by ChaffRAFC

It's starting to look like desperation to sell the club, like they've had enough.

‘Dear supporters

We couldn’t be arsed to tell you when we gave the manager a new contract.

However, we’re asking you to trust a board who has a bloke on it who didn’t know about said extension at the forum. Trust us to sell the club to who we want without asking the shareholders first. We definitely know what we’re doing.

Cheers’

Fook that.
An update from the Board on 15:45 - Jun 1 with 3480 viewsSuddenLad

A desperate plea for votes.....

"If we can all work together to bring the passion, vision and investment on offer to the club, we are sure that RAFC will be in a very different place in years to come".

Conference North? Bacup & District Sunday League?

I don't share the optimism I'm afraid. At least, not from what has been trailed on these boards at any rate. Unless there are things we have not been told or there are hidden financial resources that haven't been uncovered, or even a very much unknown interested party that has slipped entirely under the radar, - but unless there is complete openness, I wouldn't be going near deal like that. Why would anyone vote for the unknown?

Today could be THE defining day in the 114-year history of OUR club. Any deal of any kind that imperils the long term future and sustainability of RAFC should be strangled before it gains breath.

I sincerely hope that this day doesn't become one that we all look back upon with horror when the reality of any potential situation is ultimately realised. Shareholders need to think, then think again and finally think again before any votes are cast. And then pray that they voted the right way.

I have nothing but the greatest admiration for the unseen small army of people who have been working tirelessly behind the scenes for several weeks, travelling far and wide in an effort to garner support for the important vote that lies ahead. Also those others,no less important, who have offered their guidance and advice from the sidelines, in an attempt to make sure this club has a future that we can all share. A bloody big thank you from me.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

An update from the Board on 15:49 - Jun 1 with 3448 viewsIOMDale

An update from the Board on 15:41 - Jun 1 by kel

‘Dear supporters

We couldn’t be arsed to tell you when we gave the manager a new contract.

However, we’re asking you to trust a board who has a bloke on it who didn’t know about said extension at the forum. Trust us to sell the club to who we want without asking the shareholders first. We definitely know what we’re doing.

Cheers’

Fook that.

'At all times during the ongoing negotiations, we have been impressed by each party’s total understanding and respect for the fact that the supporters are the lifeblood of any football club'.

Lol.

UTDNFS

An update from the Board on 15:54 - Jun 1 with 3401 viewstony_roch975

An update from the Board on 15:40 - Jun 1 by 100notout

It will be interesting to see who he got the shares from and how much he paid for them. The annual statement will be lodged at companies house later this month so it will all be public knowledge soon.

It will be (though as it's a private transfer the amount won't be disclosed), but would have been more useful if the Trust (& others') request for access to the Share Register had been granted before tonight.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

An update from the Board on 16:00 - Jun 1 with 3363 views442Dale

The EGM with regards to shares was called over a year ago. It was understandably delayed. That’s around 14 months to keep fans fully up to date about all aspects of the club, where we stand at all times and plans for the future. Why would the same proposals have been on the table a year ago if it’s only “Until very recently, none of the proposals put forward by interested parties were sufficiently detailed, credible or funded to a level necessary to ensure that the club is stabilised and developed to move us forwards.” What would have been the reason to pass the proposals at the 2020 AGM/EGM if it had taken place?

After the last year, today was the day they chose to inform all supporters of this latest update.

It’s getting embarrassing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

An update from the Board on 17:21 - Jun 1 with 3063 viewsRAFCBLUE

An update from the Board on 15:29 - Jun 1 by ChaffRAFC

After much criticism of those (particularly Chris Dunphy) who bought and sold shares via private transfer, it transpires that to let someone of their choosing be a Director, the current Board sanctioned a private transfer.

You cannot make it up, except they are on almost an hourly basis.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

An update from the Board on 17:26 - Jun 1 with 3039 viewsRAFCBLUE

An update from the Board on 16:00 - Jun 1 by 442Dale

The EGM with regards to shares was called over a year ago. It was understandably delayed. That’s around 14 months to keep fans fully up to date about all aspects of the club, where we stand at all times and plans for the future. Why would the same proposals have been on the table a year ago if it’s only “Until very recently, none of the proposals put forward by interested parties were sufficiently detailed, credible or funded to a level necessary to ensure that the club is stabilised and developed to move us forwards.” What would have been the reason to pass the proposals at the 2020 AGM/EGM if it had taken place?

After the last year, today was the day they chose to inform all supporters of this latest update.

As judd noted 442, the public website announcement misses out the bit about having an investor with a exclusivity period. That selective omission needs some explaining and the only logical answer can be that the two parties aren't exclusive any longer!

Equally the very purpose of those 4 EGM motions is to allow the facilitation of such a purchase with powers lasting until 2026.

Without a potential deal on the table then such powers are simply not needed.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

An update from the Board on 17:30 - Jun 1 with 3012 viewsboromat

An update from the Board on 17:21 - Jun 1 by RAFCBLUE

After much criticism of those (particularly Chris Dunphy) who bought and sold shares via private transfer, it transpires that to let someone of their choosing be a Director, the current Board sanctioned a private transfer.

You cannot make it up, except they are on almost an hourly basis.

Yes private transfers are fine when it suits apparently.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

An update from the Board on 17:36 - Jun 1 with 2981 viewsdavidab2202

My feeling (I accept that it may be way off the mark) is that the current Board with the exception of Mr Grindrod want out at the earliest possible opportunity and it could be that Mr Grindrod has purchased his shares from a current board member unless he has parted with a few dollars--all may become clearer soon.
Anyone else think that our new Director is very much behind "people looking to invest"?
An update from the Board on 17:44 - Jun 1 with 2937 viewsRAFCBLUE

An update from the Board on 17:36 - Jun 1 by davidab2202

My feeling (I accept that it may be way off the mark) is that the current Board with the exception of Mr Grindrod want out at the earliest possible opportunity and it could be that Mr Grindrod has purchased his shares from a current board member unless he has parted with a few dollars--all may become clearer soon.
Anyone else think that our new Director is very much behind "people looking to invest"?

It can't be anything to do with Mr Grindrod.

These EGM proposals were circulated well before he was involved.

I think we all know who is behind them!

An update from the Board on 18:17 - Jun 1 with 2796 viewsdavidab2202

An update from the Board on 17:44 - Jun 1 by RAFCBLUE

It can't be anything to do with Mr Grindrod.

These EGM proposals were circulated well before he was involved.

I think we all know who is behind them!

Go with that, but he hasn't just arrived on the scene ,he is to the best of my knowledge the club's Accountant.
An update from the Board on 18:29 - Jun 1 with 2726 viewsJames1980

Are there any justifiable reasons for keeping the prospective investor secret? If so what are they? This whole out of respect business seems very wishy washy.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

An update from the Board on 18:35 - Jun 1 with 2706 viewsnordenblue

An update from the Board on 15:45 - Jun 1 by SuddenLad

A desperate plea for votes.....

"If we can all work together to bring the passion, vision and investment on offer to the club, we are sure that RAFC will be in a very different place in years to come".

Conference North? Bacup & District Sunday League?

I don't share the optimism I'm afraid. At least, not from what has been trailed on these boards at any rate. Unless there are things we have not been told or there are hidden financial resources that haven't been uncovered, or even a very much unknown interested party that has slipped entirely under the radar, - but unless there is complete openness, I wouldn't be going near deal like that. Why would anyone vote for the unknown?

Today could be THE defining day in the 114-year history of OUR club. Any deal of any kind that imperils the long term future and sustainability of RAFC should be strangled before it gains breath.

I sincerely hope that this day doesn't become one that we all look back upon with horror when the reality of any potential situation is ultimately realised. Shareholders need to think, then think again and finally think again before any votes are cast. And then pray that they voted the right way.

I have nothing but the greatest admiration for the unseen small army of people who have been working tirelessly behind the scenes for several weeks, travelling far and wide in an effort to garner support for the important vote that lies ahead. Also those others,no less important, who have offered their guidance and advice from the sidelines, in an attempt to make sure this club has a future that we can all share. A bloody big thank you from me.

I'll echo them thoughts SL, and a huge thanks to the many fans,share holders also behind the scenes who've spent countless hours gathering support to hopefully bring a satisfactory conclusion tonight, its guys like you that mean folk like me can hopefully bring my little lad to support a football team in my own town of birth in years to come, massive thanks from both of us
An update from the Board on 19:00 - Jun 1 with 2587 viewselectricblue

An update from the Board on 18:35 - Jun 1 by nordenblue

I'll echo them thoughts SL, and a huge thanks to the many fans,share holders also behind the scenes who've spent countless hours gathering support to hopefully bring a satisfactory conclusion tonight, its guys like you that mean folk like me can hopefully bring my little lad to support a football team in my own town of birth in years to come, massive thanks from both of us

Ask the supporters via the trust if they are willing to purchase unissued shares.....

Then let the trust hold those shares as supporter representation on the board....

Its better than selling the shares to an SD.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

An update from the Board on 22:43 - Jun 1 with 2116 views442Dale

An update from the Board on 16:00 - Jun 1 by 442Dale

To confirm, this was really so very important that the club detailed it to all supporters today ahead of an AGM/EGM where it would be voted on?

That’s right, yeah?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024