Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s going on? 08:27 - Jun 8 with 14189 viewskel

It’s now a week (tonight) since the AGM/EGM and apart from a briefly knocked together statement it’s been absolute silence from the club.

There’s a distinct lack of decisive leadership and dithering from the chairman in my opinion and we deserve to know why.

What’s going on? on 08:35 - Jun 8 with 3907 viewsfitzochris

My understanding is that meetings have taken place with people interested in joining the board. I would hate to think barriers in addition to that in the car park were being put in place.

Blog: Manager interviews: Graham Barrow 1996-1999

What’s going on? on 08:42 - Jun 8 with 3875 viewsSandyman

Hmm. There is a clear mandate for change from shareholders. Appreciate the interim chair can't be hands on, and his absence at 2 important meetings surely means it is in the best interests of the club that he relinquishes control, especially as new prospective directors have been lined up by respected supporters and servants of the club. A last attempt to cling on to power? Given the shocking revelations about pandemic pay rises and who knew about them, the spotlight is on more than one director . A removed director still being paid as CEO as well? Time to swallow pride and get people on board who don't have the bunker mentality. We need to move the club forward, promptly. Season card sales and the whole future of the club depend on it.

BOTTOMLEY OUT AS CEO

What’s going on? on 08:56 - Jun 8 with 3823 viewsTalkingSutty

What’s going on? on 08:35 - Jun 8 by fitzochris

My understanding is that meetings have taken place with people interested in joining the board. I would hate to think barriers in addition to that in the car park were being put in place.

I’m surprised barriers are being put in place to try to block credible people coming on board. I spoke to Andrew Kelly six or seven weeks ago and he told me he was fed up of the club and would give his shares away, that was a few days before the fans forum that he failed to attend, he also failed to attend the AGM/EGM. He’s been busy hoovering up shares to protect the Club, he stated that last year didn’t he? If we now have good people ready to come into the boardroom why isn’t he welcoming them in with open arms?

We have Andrew Kelly as the interim Chairman who refuses to get a grip of a CEO who is clearly not fit for purpose, a interim Chairman who is fully aware of what has been going on behind the scenes at the football club and who is guilty by association. The EGM and the questions asked by those present touched on incidents that should never have been swept under the carpet, serious incidents that should and still could be escalated. There are also other things of concern yet to come out into the public domain. If the interim Chairman thinks he can do as he wants with our Club then he is sadly mistaken. Put Kelly in the same category as Bottomley, they are all up to their necks in it and that’s why none of them can show Bottomley the exit door. The things that have been happening at our Football Club are a disgrace and Kelly is now overseeing it all. Then we have the new Director on the block, Grindrod...how did he acquire his shares?

The players are back in for pre-season training in a few weeks time, this is a critical time of the season. Kelly isn’t true to his word, he told me a blatant bare faced lie and i’ll be reminding him next time I see him.
[Post edited 8 Jun 9:07]

What’s going on? on 09:16 - Jun 8 with 3760 viewskel

Where does or newest director Mr. Grindrod fit in to all this? Has anyone met the bloke as I’ve met the other two of the remaining three directors so I already know my thoughts on those.

I’ll be honest and say I’ve not heard anyone say anything good about him so far and I’d question the suitability of him as a person with power knowing that he knew of the pay rise to Bottomley.
What’s going on? on 09:28 - Jun 8 with 3724 viewsSandyman

What’s going on? on 09:16 - Jun 8 by kel

Where does or newest director Mr. Grindrod fit in to all this? Has anyone met the bloke as I’ve met the other two of the remaining three directors so I already know my thoughts on those.

I’ll be honest and say I’ve not heard anyone say anything good about him so far and I’d question the suitability of him as a person with power knowing that he knew of the pay rise to Bottomley.

Wonder who NG got his shares off at short notice? Not the bloke who had a pay rise of questionable %age surely? The word 'cabal' is springing to mind.... this is the antithesis of the well-run club we used to be proud of.

BOTTOMLEY OUT AS CEO

What’s going on? on 09:29 - Jun 8 with 3719 viewsTalkingSutty

What’s going on? on 09:16 - Jun 8 by kel

Grindrod will know the spotlight will be focused on him also, after what happened at bury the fans would be daft not to do that. This is the only way we can protect our football club now unfortunately.
[Post edited 8 Jun 9:32]

What’s going on? on 09:32 - Jun 8 with 3702 viewsR17ALE

Not sure if it's relevant, but I was told by a trusted shareholder who has a few thousand shares that Kelly offered to buy them on the cheap a while ago. The shareholder refused.

Former Director Martin Mcleod sold his large Shareholding to Kelly for less than half price around the same time.

Now why would someone try to get as many £2 shares as possible on the cheap, and then hold an AGM getting shareholders to agree to raise the share price to £6 per share?

Could the same bloke who is said to be Dale through and through be looking to make money on his 58,250 shares that are still only worth £2 each?

The same bloke found Martin Halsall to buy the club. Due diligence soon saw him popped off.

Imagine the profit if his shares were suddenly £6 each. That's not going to happen now, so he's stubbornly hanging around for his fast buck.

Added to the mix is the dossier showing Kelly in a very bad light. Ironically, it was compiled by Bottomley. Removing Bottomley would undoubtedly see it aired in public.

What neither of them know, until now, is that I have a copy too! If they want a dirty fight, they've got one brewing and it's one they won't win. There's been a nest of vipers up there for years. The mongooses are getting ready.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

What’s going on? on 09:41 - Jun 8 with 3660 viewsThreeLions

What’s going on? on 09:32 - Jun 8 by R17ALE

Not sure if it's relevant, but I was told by a trusted shareholder who has a few thousand shares that Kelly offered to buy them on the cheap a while ago. The shareholder refused.

Former Director Martin Mcleod sold his large Shareholding to Kelly for less than half price around the same time.

Now why would someone try to get as many £2 shares as possible on the cheap, and then hold an AGM getting shareholders to agree to raise the share price to £6 per share?

Could the same bloke who is said to be Dale through and through be looking to make money on his 58,250 shares that are still only worth £2 each?

The same bloke found Martin Halsall to buy the club. Due diligence soon saw him popped off.

Imagine the profit if his shares were suddenly £6 each. That's not going to happen now, so he's stubbornly hanging around for his fast buck.

Added to the mix is the dossier showing Kelly in a very bad light. Ironically, it was compiled by Bottomley. Removing Bottomley would undoubtedly see it aired in public.

What neither of them know, until now, is that I have a copy too! If they want a dirty fight, they've got one brewing and it's one they won't win. There's been a nest of vipers up there for years. The mongooses are getting ready.

So many underhanded secrets coming out of the club. We are lucky as supporters to have people like yourself that will stand up to this nonsense.
[Post edited 8 Jun 9:42]
Login to get fewer ads

What’s going on? on 09:45 - Jun 8 with 3629 viewsR17ALE

What’s going on? on 09:41 - Jun 8 by ThreeLions

So many underhanded secrets coming out of the club. We are lucky as supporters to have people like yourself that will stand up to this nonsense.
[Post edited 8 Jun 9:42]

The truth will always out. Why else is there that odd thread about Gina Buckley?

What’s going on? on 09:49 - Jun 8 with 3599 viewsSuddenLad

Firstly, I think the Board have to be given at least a few days to sort stuff out to prepare the way for the new faces and necessary change. That said, as kel points out, they've had a week and nothing seems to have changed. Of course, that might be because those interested parties are needing time for themselves to prepare what's necessary before they arrive. We'll see.

I think it was reported elsewhere that Mr. Grindrod had received his shares by a private purchase from DB, to facilitate his place at the top table. I don't think the amount was reported, bit I will gladly be corrected if that's not the case.

I still maintain that Bottomley should be/have been suspended. Serious allegations of malpractice by a senior employee should be properly and thoroughly investigated in his absence. It should still happen. He shouldn't be near the place at the moment. It's vital that any new regime starts without the miasma that's been created in recent months. The whole atmosphere needs cleansing.

As for other serious allegations - I agree that they too should be thoroughly and properly investigated and the departure of Mr. Rawlinson should not prevent nor stop that from happening. I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before the details become more widely known as the rumours intensify, and then there is a real danger of widespread adverse publicity. Trying to cover things up is always a recipe for disaster and ultimately counter-productive.

Mr. Kelly has disappointed me by his lack of firm and decisive action and non-appearance at major events. I'm sorry that he's ill, but if that's the case he should stand down altogether, remove himself from the coal face and allow someone else to get a grip on things and steer the club forward. It's obviously too much for a man in poor health, though perhaps he didn't foresee the pending tsunami when he volunteered his services. Thank you Mr. Kelly, but goodbye.

We are at a point where the sole focus should now be on season cards/tickets, budgets, players signing, a new dawn and anticipation for the fixtures to be released. BBM needs clear instructions as to what his budget is, who he can/can't approach and all the rest of it.

Enough of the shocking incompetence and underhand shenanigans. This is a FOOTBALL club, so let's be seen to be getting on with the real business.

“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up.”

What’s going on? on 09:49 - Jun 8 with 3603 viewsdawlishdale

What’s going on? on 09:32 - Jun 8 by R17ALE

Yet more dirt on the club, and it's starting to look more and more like AK is up to his neck in things...and not in a good way. I was told of this "dossier" on AK by an ex member of staff, but they thought that there were no copies outside of the club. It would damage AK if it ever got out; something I doubt that he would want. I too was told that it was BD who compiled it, but that AK thought it was all done by Dunphy.

I wonder why someone who has continually said that he wants to protect the club from hostile takeovers was "all in " on the recent bid to buy the club ; especially when it looks like the only ones to benefit financially would have been the shareholders on the Board, of whom Kelly is currently the largest.

It's time for AK to make a statement...a week has now passed since the AGM's/EGM, and we have , as bloody usual, been kept in the dark.

Surely, the priority now is to remove Bottomley, conduct a full audit on an independent basis to see the extent of what's been going on, and then install some credible locally based businessmen onto the Board so that the club can function in the busy Summer.

Anything less is yet more dereliction of duty.
What’s going on? on 09:51 - Jun 8 with 3590 viewsThreeLions

What’s going on? on 09:45 - Jun 8 by R17ALE

The truth will always out. Why else is there that odd thread about Gina Buckley?

Well we all heard the rumours about that incident, no idea if true but just another of a catalogue of incidents coming out from behind the scenes. The club has lost its morals
[Post edited 8 Jun 9:54]
What’s going on? on 10:04 - Jun 8 with 3508 viewsR17ALE

What’s going on? on 09:49 - Jun 8 by dawlishdale

Yet more dirt on the club, and it's starting to look more and more like AK is up to his neck in things...and not in a good way. I was told of this "dossier" on AK by an ex member of staff, but they thought that there were no copies outside of the club. It would damage AK if it ever got out; something I doubt that he would want. I too was told that it was BD who compiled it, but that AK thought it was all done by Dunphy.

I wonder why someone who has continually said that he wants to protect the club from hostile takeovers was "all in " on the recent bid to buy the club ; especially when it looks like the only ones to benefit financially would have been the shareholders on the Board, of whom Kelly is currently the largest.

It's time for AK to make a statement...a week has now passed since the AGM's/EGM, and we have , as bloody usual, been kept in the dark.

Surely, the priority now is to remove Bottomley, conduct a full audit on an independent basis to see the extent of what's been going on, and then install some credible locally based businessmen onto the Board so that the club can function in the busy Summer.

You are half right. There were 2 instigators.

For the record Kelly is the club's second largest shareholder. Another AK is largest with nearly double the amount Kelly has.

What’s going on? on 10:07 - Jun 8 with 3491 viewsSuddenLad

What’s going on? on 09:51 - Jun 8 by ThreeLions

Well we all heard the rumours about that incident, no idea if true but just another of a catalogue of incidents coming out from behind the scenes. The club has lost its morals
[Post edited 8 Jun 9:54]

Which is exactly why it should be properly and fully investigated. The stench of conspiracy is overpowering. Any new Board need to be able to work without being encumbered by all this nonsense. It needs flushing away so that we can all move on, not festering in a corner like a bag of rotting flesh.

“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up.”

What’s going on? on 10:18 - Jun 8 with 3444 viewsncfc_chalky

As an outsider I've got to say that it's all riveting stuff and I'm hooked and ready for the next episode,the Euros have nowt on RAFC for twists n turns

Poll: Who do you want to see get promoted from the NL

What’s going on? on 10:43 - Jun 8 with 3322 viewselectricblue

So is this a cause of CD demise by AK when DB was the instigator all along!
If so i do hope that AK as made up with CD and he gets brought back i to the fold...
We all know thar DB should be gone and i think he will be soon enough.
What now worries me is this so called dossier on AK, is he not the man we a thought he is.

Things are getting darker by the minute again and murkier.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

What’s going on? on 10:58 - Jun 8 with 3256 viewsDaleiLama

Time for AK to make his first statement?

The last one mainly covered people working very hard (to torpedo the club). It certainly didn't read like the statement AK made about his honey trap "Fake Sheikh" offer to Dan and Emre of more shares. It almost seemed like someone else penned it in his absence. That couldn't be done now and signed by the Chairman or board of directors surely?
[Post edited 8 Jun 10:59]

Come on you Dayul
Poll: If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy?

What’s going on? on 11:01 - Jun 8 with 3234 viewsDaleiLama

What’s going on? on 10:07 - Jun 8 by SuddenLad

Which is exactly why it should be properly and fully investigated. The stench of conspiracy is overpowering. Any new Board need to be able to work without being encumbered by all this nonsense. It needs flushing away so that we can all move on, not festering in a corner like a bag of rotting flesh.

Hear, hear. It's attracting too many rats!

Come on you Dayul
Poll: If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy?

What’s going on? on 12:40 - Jun 8 with 2927 viewsSandyman

What was it our American investors said that firmed part of the Dale Trust EGM resolution? "The allegations of “serious internal issues” made about the running of the Club from two of the Club’s leading Shareholders, and a subsequent lack of dealing with them, which has led to their decision to step back from any involvement in the Football Club".

BOTTOMLEY OUT AS CEO

What’s going on? on 12:55 - Jun 8 with 2845 viewsD_Alien

It can surely only be a matter of time before all this sewage is picked up at a national level

How will the reputation of RAFC look then?

The only way is a clean break with the past. Rochdale Sewage Works is just down the road from the ground, and the entire current regime needs to be consigned to it before the stench from Spotland outstinks it
What’s going on? on 13:07 - Jun 8 with 2779 viewsinthenet

What’s going on? on 12:40 - Jun 8 by Sandyman

What was it our American investors said that firmed part of the Dale Trust EGM resolution? "The allegations of “serious internal issues” made about the running of the Club from two of the Club’s leading Shareholders, and a subsequent lack of dealing with them, which has led to their decision to step back from any involvement in the Football Club".

Utter shambles , do you get the feeling the towel is being thrown in !!

Rastrickblue

What’s going on? on 13:36 - Jun 8 with 2672 viewskel

What’s going on? on 13:07 - Jun 8 by inthenet

Utter shambles , do you get the feeling the towel is being thrown in !!

Or ‘it’s our ball and we’re taking it home.’
[Post edited 8 Jun 13:49]

What’s going on? on 14:55 - Jun 8 with 2437 viewsTomRAFC

There are clearly people at the club who are clinging on to power because they believe there is something in it for them. Whatever their motivation is, there is minimal evidence to suggest that they have the best interests of the club at heart.

In the proposals from Dunphy / Morris, we have two different avenues to see the boardroom be rebuilt around reliable custodians of the club. It's hard not to hope for a fairytale merging of the two, although it seems there would have to be a reconciliation on the cards for that to happen. Any club in a difficult place would be lucky to have just one of these options.

Fans have attempted to resolve this problem through the proper channels and have made progress so far. If that clear message doesn't lead to further change, fans will have no recourse other than to resort to the dirty (albeit justified) actions outlined above.
[Post edited 8 Jun 15:19]

What’s going on? on 15:33 - Jun 8 with 2299 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/board-of-directors-update/

As if by Magic !

Are these 3 part of the 4 suggested by GM at the AGM/EGM meetings?

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

What’s going on? on 15:36 - Jun 8 with 2280 viewsTomRAFC

What’s going on? on 15:33 - Jun 8 by Toffeemanc

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/board-of-directors-update/

As if by Magic !

Are these 3 part of the 4 suggested by GM at the AGM/EGM meetings?

Yes. Jonathan Whitworth was the other local business man named by GM at the meeting.

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2021