Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club statement - New directors appointed 15:33 - Jun 8 with 16540 viewsTomRAFC

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/board-of-directors-update/

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Club statement - New directors appointed on 16:12 - Jun 8 with 8571 viewsrafc_ryan

Anyone know of these and if they are ‘supporters’ of the club? Nice to see they are local and were nominated by shareholders.

Good to see change happening at the club.
Club statement - New directors appointed on 16:17 - Jun 8 with 8530 viewsR17ALE

Club statement - New directors appointed on 16:12 - Jun 8 by rafc_ryan

Anyone know of these and if they are ‘supporters’ of the club? Nice to see they are local and were nominated by shareholders.

All locally based. Two are season ticket holders. One was already a shareholder who's been going for as long as I can remember.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Club statement - New directors appointed on 16:19 - Jun 8 with 8509 viewsD_Alien

Whilst these new directors (if confirmed) are to be welcomed as having been put forward by prominent shareholders outside the Board, unless the removal of David Bottomley from the club entirely is pursued with vigour at the earliest opportunity i'll not be in the least impressed

It's to be hoped that in talking to the existing three members of the Board, there's been no agreement to retain the abject services of DB as part of the conditions for joining

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club statement - New directors appointed on 16:21 - Jun 8 with 8481 views49thseason

Good. Selecting a new chairmen might be tricky, perhaps they should appoint someone to simply be a figurehead for the short term and then see which of the new people has the right demeanour for the job. Maybe on of the major shareholders who doesn't want to be full time back on the board.
Club statement - New directors appointed on 16:33 - Jun 8 with 8388 viewsrafc_ryan

Club statement - New directors appointed on 16:17 - Jun 8 by R17ALE

All locally based. Two are season ticket holders. One was already a shareholder who's been going for as long as I can remember.

Music to my ears.

Seeing how DB calls himself a supporter I wasn’t sure what it meant for the new directors. Nice to see they have an interest in the club that isn’t financial.
Club statement - New directors appointed on 16:44 - Jun 8 with 8286 viewsTVOS1907

Club statement - New directors appointed on 16:12 - Jun 8 by rafc_ryan

I only know one of them and he's definitely a supporter who was there in Barrow and Parkin's days, maybe even earlier.

It might be just as well Cheltenham got promoted though...

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Club statement - New directors appointed on 16:48 - Jun 8 with 8268 viewsfunkkk

Is the cricket club Simon Gauge is involved with the same place where the club currently train?
Club statement - New directors appointed on 18:44 - Jun 8 with 7802 viewsnordenblue

Club statement - New directors appointed on 16:17 - Jun 8 by R17ALE

Is it Jamie from Littleborough with an older brother?
Login to get fewer ads

Club statement - New directors appointed on 18:59 - Jun 8 with 7735 viewsblackdogblue

Less we forget ...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Club statement - New directors appointed on 19:10 - Jun 8 with 7635 viewsblackdogblue

I actually like Dave Sweetmore, have known him for many, many years...

Club statement - New directors appointed on 19:24 - Jun 8 with 7579 viewselectricblue

Club statement - New directors appointed on 18:59 - Jun 8 by blackdogblue

Less we forget ...

Looks very false to me.........

When he gets the eventual chop whos in for a whip around for a packet sized kleenex.......
My 1p is in.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Club statement - New directors appointed on 19:27 - Jun 8 with 7549 viewsDalenet

Club statement - New directors appointed on 19:10 - Jun 8 by blackdogblue

Marvellous. Can you ask him to stop shouting all the time.
Club statement - New directors appointed on 19:32 - Jun 8 with 7526 viewscadmonkey

Well done to the current board for appointing what seems to be a popular choice of directors.
Club statement - New directors appointed on 19:32 - Jun 8 with 7516 viewsblackdogblue

Club statement - New directors appointed on 19:27 - Jun 8 by Dalenet

Marvellous. Can you ask him to stop shouting all the time.

Will mention it, perhaps we have spent more money on a PA system? Nobody knows as ground has been shut 💁🏻‍♂️

Club statement - New directors appointed on 19:41 - Jun 8 with 7447 viewskel

I’ve watched masterchef for many, many years but I still think Gregg Wallace is a bellend.
Club statement - New directors appointed on 19:54 - Jun 8 with 7364 viewsTVOS1907

Club statement - New directors appointed on 18:44 - Jun 8 by nordenblue

Is it Jamie from Littleborough with an older brother?

Yep

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Club statement - New directors appointed on 20:14 - Jun 8 with 7234 viewsboromat

Dave seems to be the only person releasing YouTube content for the club at the moment. In fact it might be the only media currently being produced for the club.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Club statement - New directors appointed on 20:16 - Jun 8 with 7217 viewskel

Club statement - New directors appointed on 20:14 - Jun 8 by boromat

Dave seems to be the only person releasing YouTube content for the club at the moment. In fact it might be the only media currently being produced for the club.

For the club or for himself?
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 20:19]
Club statement - New directors appointed on 21:34 - Jun 8 with 6858 viewsBlueMessiah

Club statement - New directors appointed on 16:48 - Jun 8 by funkkk

Is the cricket club Simon Gauge is involved with the same place where the club currently train?

Yes

Poll: Do I Know You?

Club statement - New directors appointed on 21:49 - Jun 8 with 6761 viewsD_Alien

Club statement - New directors appointed on 21:34 - Jun 8 by BlueMessiah

Yes

Unbelievable it took outside interests to bring him to the attention of the club then

You'd have thought they might at least have had a conversation with him to gauge his reaction

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club statement - New directors appointed on 21:57 - Jun 8 with 6723 viewsboromat

Club statement - New directors appointed on 20:16 - Jun 8 by kel

For the club or for himself?
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 20:19]

Both I would say.

On the new directors. It would have been nice to get more details about who they are what they bring to the club what responsibilities etc they'll take on. Hopefully we get this in the next few days and weeks.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Club statement - New directors appointed on 23:39 - Jun 8 with 6472 viewsShun

Club statement - New directors appointed on 19:41 - Jun 8 by kel

I’ve watched masterchef for many, many years but I still think Gregg Wallace is a bellend.

Get out.
Club statement - New directors appointed on 10:26 - Jun 9 with 6003 viewsR17ALE

The news is welcome and encouraging. We've taken our eyes off the pot since Dunphy left and have seen a once proud and upstanding Boardroom disintegrate into a squalid, poisonous den of rancour. One by one, they're being removed purely due to fan and shareholder diligence.

They know we know pretty much everything, which is why I'm more than happy to reword accurately the statement they put out yesterday.

It should read like this....

"Rochdale Football Club would like to inform supporters of the following changes to the board of directors…

Following the departure of David Bottomley and Graham Rawlinson from the board of directors last week, Andrew Kelly, Tony Pockney and Nick Grindrod have finally, but reluctantly, agreed to do the right thing and invite three new directors onto the board.

We are pleased to announce that Simon Gauge, Richard Knight and Jamie Sarsfield have had their offers to become directors accepted, and they will join the board imminently, subject to passing EFL Director tests, along with meeting several other conditions, which we expect to happen in the coming days.

We hope to make an announcement regarding a fourth candidate very soon.

All three are local businessmen and fans of the club, who were presented to the club following tireless work from a former Director and club employee who were motivated by wanting to do right by their club.

Rochdale Football Club would like to thank all those concerned for helping to make the necessary changes."
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 10:33]

Club statement - New directors appointed on 12:38 - Jun 9 with 5698 viewsR17ALE

Bizarrely, the story released yesterday has slipped off the front page of the official site.

You've already got to go looking for it.

So, if you're scratching your head, it's here!

Planting pansies, seeing the jackpot winner has not been won again, and a Euro draw are suddenly more important that fundamental change in the Boardroom.

It's clear there's still more work to be done.

Club statement - New directors appointed on 12:41 - Jun 9 with 5684 viewsDaleiLama

Club statement - New directors appointed on 12:38 - Jun 9 by R17ALE

Bizarrely, the story released yesterday has slipped off the front page of the official site.

You've already got to go looking for it.

So, if you're scratching your head, it's here!

Planting pansies, seeing the jackpot winner has not been won again, and a Euro draw are suddenly more important that fundamental change in the Boardroom.

It's clear there's still more work to be done.

Was that role advertised?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024