Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Countrywide ticket. 19:38 - Jun 12 with 5436 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

How and what is the distance measured for this ticket? Is it shortest route or as the crow flies? Get well soon Christian.
Countrywide ticket. (n/t) on 08:15 - Jun 13 with 3841 viewsSheffdale

I live in Sheffield (the clue's in the user name!) and although as the crow flies it's around 40 miles to Spotland I've always had a country season ticket when they have been available. The blurb for next season says outside a 50 miles radius from the ground but if I travel over the motorways it's 70 miles. I guess it's up to you to state your case.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 8:21]
Countrywide ticket. on 11:38 - Jun 13 with 3706 viewsEllDale

I have a feeling, although I may be wrong, that at one time it used to be either 25 or 30 miles.
This sticks in my mind because I once had a lighthearted email conversation with someone at the club who confirmed that I wasn’t eligible as I only lived 23 miles from Spotland according to their calculations.
I responded by saying that If I took the bus through Todmorden (which is a longer, more circuitous route) then I qualified.
I lost the debate though!
Countrywide ticket. on 12:16 - Jun 13 with 3661 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Why does it have to be a determined distance?........surely it does n't matter?

If a supporter wants to attend ten games in a season and prefers to pick/choose them why not let him do so?

If the Country Ticket sells well,just sell it.
Countrywide ticket. on 12:22 - Jun 13 with 3638 viewsJames1980

OS says outside 50 mile radius proof of address required. They should do a ten game season ticket for those living within a 50 mile radius that represents a saving compared to POTD but not compared to a full season ticket.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Countrywide ticket. on 12:23 - Jun 13 with 3641 views442Dale

Countrywide ticket. on 12:16 - Jun 13 by Yorkshire_Dale

Why does it have to be a determined distance?........surely it does n't matter?

If a supporter wants to attend ten games in a season and prefers to pick/choose them why not let him do so?

If the Country Ticket sells well,just sell it.

Because for it to be a Country Season Ticket it needs to have a distance, otherwise they’d have a ‘ten game flexi ticket’ for everyone.

Where they’ve gone wrong and created unnecessary issues and debate has been by setting a distance rather than having a map which shows the ‘Country Season Ticket’ zone, if you’re in that zone, you’re eligible. All the arguments about routes to games, crows flying and public transport options would then be avoided. It’s a simple solution. Everyone likes a good map.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Countrywide ticket. on 12:56 - Jun 13 with 3585 viewsTVOS1907

Countrywide ticket. on 12:23 - Jun 13 by 442Dale

Because for it to be a Country Season Ticket it needs to have a distance, otherwise they’d have a ‘ten game flexi ticket’ for everyone.

Where they’ve gone wrong and created unnecessary issues and debate has been by setting a distance rather than having a map which shows the ‘Country Season Ticket’ zone, if you’re in that zone, you’re eligible. All the arguments about routes to games, crows flying and public transport options would then be avoided. It’s a simple solution. Everyone likes a good map.

Classic GCSE Maths locus question.

Q: Using a scale of 1 cm = 10 miles, construct on the map the locus of points that are less than or equal to 50 miles from the Crown Oil Arena.

A: Diagram showing a circle, radius 5 cm, centred on the Crown Oil Arena

3 marks - 1 for drawing a circle, 1 for it being the right circle, 1 for the centre being the COA

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Countrywide ticket. on 13:05 - Jun 13 with 3557 viewsD_Alien

Countrywide ticket. on 12:56 - Jun 13 by TVOS1907

Classic GCSE Maths locus question.

Q: Using a scale of 1 cm = 10 miles, construct on the map the locus of points that are less than or equal to 50 miles from the Crown Oil Arena.

A: Diagram showing a circle, radius 5 cm, centred on the Crown Oil Arena

3 marks - 1 for drawing a circle, 1 for it being the right circle, 1 for the centre being the COA

What would a wrong circle look like?

Mark?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Countrywide ticket. on 13:22 - Jun 13 with 3512 viewsnordenblue

Countrywide ticket. on 12:23 - Jun 13 by 442Dale

I don't know if they already do but why not sell both anyway for the same price, therefore eradicating the need for confusion and the same value and flexibility for the supporters.
If they already do what's the price for both currently?
Login to get fewer ads

Countrywide ticket. on 13:28 - Jun 13 with 3497 viewsTVOS1907

Countrywide ticket. on 13:05 - Jun 13 by D_Alien

What would a wrong circle look like?

Mark?

It wouldn't have the correct radius, as per the question.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Countrywide ticket. on 13:02 - Jun 15 with 3078 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Thanks everyone, it's as clear as mud now.
Countrywide ticket. on 13:36 - Jun 15 with 3037 viewsD_Alien

Countrywide ticket. on 13:02 - Jun 15 by RooleyMoorBlue

Thanks everyone, it's as clear as mud now.

There've been some useful answers, but it might've helped if you'd said how far you live from Spotland (either roadwise of via crowflight)

If you live somewhere around Rooley Moor, a detour via Blackburn isn't eligible

Edit: if you're not sure, try this website:

https://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-is-it-between.htm
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 13:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Countrywide ticket. on 13:40 - Jun 15 with 3025 viewsDaleiLama

Countrywide ticket. on 12:22 - Jun 13 by James1980

OS says outside 50 mile radius proof of address required. They should do a ten game season ticket for those living within a 50 mile radius that represents a saving compared to POTD but not compared to a full season ticket.

The OS also has the following historical excerpt linked to flogging tickets of all types including country STs:

"Chief Executive David Bottomley said: “We saw a record number of Season Tickets sold last summer, with over 2,700 supporters purchasing one. Thank you to everyone who helped us achieve this record-breaking total! We hope to raise the bar even further as we move forward.

“It has been another rollercoaster of a season which has seen the departure of Keith Hill and Chris Beech, who were both instrumental to the Club’s successes over the past decade. Along with new faces in the Board Room, a new Chairman and Chief Executive have been appointed. With change comes a new opportunity, and although we are currently fighting relegation, together WE ARE ROCHDALE and everything is possible."

Empty words.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Countrywide ticket. on 15:55 - Jun 15 with 2929 viewsncfc_chalky

Countrywide ticket. on 13:36 - Jun 15 by D_Alien

There've been some useful answers, but it might've helped if you'd said how far you live from Spotland (either roadwise of via crowflight)

If you live somewhere around Rooley Moor, a detour via Blackburn isn't eligible

Edit: if you're not sure, try this website:

https://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-is-it-between.htm
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 13:52]

Rochdale to Nottingham 99 miles if you are a crow or 144 by road, quite a bit of difference if it's not clear

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Countrywide ticket. on 16:07 - Jun 15 with 2913 viewsDaleiLama

Countrywide ticket. on 15:55 - Jun 15 by ncfc_chalky

Rochdale to Nottingham 99 miles if you are a crow or 144 by road, quite a bit of difference if it's not clear

Think you've had too much sun Chalky. Nottingham City centre -> Wilbutts Lane is 77m avoiding M-ways. You'd be driving about a mile from my house too so if you ever do it, I'll buy you a pint. Except I'd probably be at the game anyway. So Fook off.

Countrywide ticket. on 17:01 - Jun 15 with 2877 viewsncfc_chalky

Countrywide ticket. on 16:07 - Jun 15 by DaleiLama

Think you've had too much sun Chalky. Nottingham City centre -> Wilbutts Lane is 77m avoiding M-ways. You'd be driving about a mile from my house too so if you ever do it, I'll buy you a pint. Except I'd probably be at the game anyway. So Fook off.

I used that calculator thing up there ^^^^ I've just rechecked and it still says the same so even more controversy if you want to by a ticket

Rochdale to Nottingham

Crow 99.447
Road 144.252

Edit

Erm....it was set on kilometers and I didn't notice
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 17:07]

Countrywide ticket. on 17:08 - Jun 15 with 2869 viewsJames1980

Countrywide ticket. on 17:01 - Jun 15 by ncfc_chalky

I used that calculator thing up there ^^^^ I've just rechecked and it still says the same so even more controversy if you want to by a ticket

Rochdale to Nottingham

Crow 99.447
Road 144.252

Edit

Erm....it was set on kilometers and I didn't notice
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 17:07]

Either way all figures you have stated are over 50 miles so you are eligible for a Country season ticket.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Countrywide ticket. on 17:12 - Jun 15 with 2867 viewsjudd

Countrywide ticket. on 17:08 - Jun 15 by James1980

Either way all figures you have stated are over 50 miles so you are eligible for a Country season ticket.

No, he can fook right off.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Countrywide ticket. on 17:12 - Jun 15 with 2867 viewsncfc_chalky

Countrywide ticket. on 17:08 - Jun 15 by James1980

If it was a County season ticket I would be interested otherwise I think that I will leave it

Countrywide ticket. on 08:24 - Jun 16 with 2713 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Having emailed the club I received this reply.

"In order to be eligible for the Countrywide Season Ticket, individuals must live 50+ miles away from The Crown Oil Arena."

In essence this means it is as the crow flies. Thank you for all your input.
Countrywide ticket. on 10:21 - Jun 16 with 2656 viewsDaleiLama

Countrywide ticket. on 08:24 - Jun 16 by RooleyMoorBlue

"In order to be eligible for the Countrywide Season Ticket, individuals must live 50+ miles away from The Crown Oil Arena."

If you lived in Minehead and wanted a SC for Cardiff, you'd be disallowed on this basis (23 miles by crow, 93 miles by car). Having said that, you'd probably watch the Gas or City anyway. Not sure if that will help your case RMB - sounds like you've been jobs-worthed?

Countrywide ticket. on 10:32 - Jun 16 with 2647 viewsDalenet

Countrywide ticket. on 08:24 - Jun 16 by RooleyMoorBlue

Give them your address and see what happens. The worst case is they reject it. If they really did use a crow flies idealogy they could print a map and show where the boundaries are. But they don't, which suggests some pragmatism.

If they really did use a crow flies approach then parts of the Lakes, parts of North Wales, the midlands around the potteries, and most of North Yorkshire and the East riding wouldn't qualify. That wouldn't make much commercial sense to me.

Where do you live?
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 10:39]
Countrywide ticket. on 10:12 - Jun 19 with 2425 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Countrywide ticket. on 10:32 - Jun 16 by Dalenet

Give them your address and see what happens. The worst case is they reject it. If they really did use a crow flies idealogy they could print a map and show where the boundaries are. But they don't, which suggests some pragmatism.

If they really did use a crow flies approach then parts of the Lakes, parts of North Wales, the midlands around the potteries, and most of North Yorkshire and the East riding wouldn't qualify. That wouldn't make much commercial sense to me.

Where do you live?
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 10:39]

It is for my sister who lives in Moreton, Wirral. It is right on the cusp of the 50 mile net. I suggest she just applied for a card and hopes for the best.
Countrywide ticket. on 11:35 - Jun 19 with 2379 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Countrywide ticket. on 10:12 - Jun 19 by RooleyMoorBlue

It is for my sister who lives in Moreton, Wirral. It is right on the cusp of the 50 mile net. I suggest she just applied for a card and hopes for the best.

If the Club do not let your Sis have a card in these trying times when loot is so tight, they need their bumps feeling!

Keep us informed, please Rooley?
Countrywide ticket. on 22:34 - Jun 20 with 2194 viewsSalegraham

Just had an email from the trust as I am a member and have been informed that all out of the Rochdale area can now register as exiles, so watch out for this coming though.
Countrywide ticket. on 22:53 - Jun 20 with 2162 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Countrywide ticket. on 22:34 - Jun 20 by Salegraham

Just had an email from the trust as I am a member and have been informed that all out of the Rochdale area can now register as exiles, so watch out for this coming though.

At last!.....and that was n't difficult was it!!

Thanks SG.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024