Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spotland open to paying fans today 12:59 - Jun 27 with 4177 viewsDalenet

I read that Hornets are playing at home for the first time in 6 weeks and I assume the pitch has now recovered from its treatment.

Fans are being allowed in for the first time since March 2020. There are no cash turnstiles and all tickets have to be reserved to an allocated seat in advance. Hornets is trying to rally the local amateur rugby community and have offered 800 tickets over the next 2 games - all need to be booked in advanced and seats reserved. That will probably mean that people turn up. Others are paying £10 per game and all accompanied kids go free.

Bombay House are providing food to both hospitality and to the terraces.

Fans need to log into NHS track and trace on arrival and you need to be in your seat ONE HOUR before kick off.

Sounds like a great effort to get people inside the ground. Hope it goes well.
Spotland open to paying fans today on 14:39 - Jun 27 with 4038 viewsmightydale

Log in to Track and trace on Arrival, and be at your seat 1 hour before kick off

NOT A FCUKING CHANCE

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Spotland open to paying fans today on 17:15 - Jun 27 with 3831 viewsDalenet

Spotland open to paying fans today on 14:39 - Jun 27 by mightydale

Log in to Track and trace on Arrival, and be at your seat 1 hour before kick off

NOT A FCUKING CHANCE

Well they got 1389 fans there today - more than double their normal gate. So it worked for them. And they won
Spotland open to paying fans today on 18:52 - Jun 27 with 3713 viewsnordenblue

Spotland open to paying fans today on 17:15 - Jun 27 by Dalenet

Well they got 1389 fans there today - more than double their normal gate. So it worked for them. And they won

And my nephew scored.... win win 👍
Spotland open to paying fans today on 19:33 - Jun 27 with 3620 viewsmingthemerciless

The pitch was immaculate, the best I’ve seen it. Like a bowling green. I rolled up at 2-35 flashed my season ticket at the machine and walked straight in.
Spotland open to paying fans today on 19:53 - Jun 27 with 3577 viewsTVOS1907

Spotland open to paying fans today on 19:33 - Jun 27 by mingthemerciless

The pitch was immaculate, the best I’ve seen it. Like a bowling green. I rolled up at 2-35 flashed my season ticket at the machine and walked straight in.

I thought you had to be in your seat an hour before kick-off?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Spotland open to paying fans today on 19:57 - Jun 27 with 3567 viewsDalenet

Spotland open to paying fans today on 19:53 - Jun 27 by TVOS1907

That's what the Hornets guide to fans published ahead of this game which was managed under covid restrictions. I wonder whether football will need to follow similar guidelines. The Euro games ask you to enter the ground at a set timing slot so that the back rows fill first. If you are late are you refused entry? I predict a riot. Ultimately it will be RMBC that impose any restrictions or rules I guess
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 19:58]
Spotland open to paying fans today on 20:03 - Jun 27 with 3545 viewsTVOS1907

Spotland open to paying fans today on 19:57 - Jun 27 by Dalenet

That's what the Hornets guide to fans published ahead of this game which was managed under covid restrictions. I wonder whether football will need to follow similar guidelines. The Euro games ask you to enter the ground at a set timing slot so that the back rows fill first. If you are late are you refused entry? I predict a riot. Ultimately it will be RMBC that impose any restrictions or rules I guess

More than likely, although our crowd sizes shouldn't cause too many problems.

Shouldn't they fill the front rows first, so those entering don't have to pass others already in the ground, or am I missing something?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Spotland open to paying fans today on 20:17 - Jun 27 with 3507 viewsD_Alien

Spotland open to paying fans today on 20:03 - Jun 27 by TVOS1907

More than likely, although our crowd sizes shouldn't cause too many problems.

Shouldn't they fill the front rows first, so those entering don't have to pass others already in the ground, or am I missing something?

Hopefully, you've missed the changes on 19th July!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Spotland open to paying fans today on 20:27 - Jun 27 with 3492 viewsTVOS1907

Spotland open to paying fans today on 20:17 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

Hopefully, you've missed the changes on 19th July!

I'm not holding my breath just yet.

Spotland open to paying fans today on 20:40 - Jun 27 with 3450 viewsD_Alien

Spotland open to paying fans today on 20:27 - Jun 27 by TVOS1907

I'm not holding my breath just yet.

I don't think anyone is

Maybe the club could invite Sajid Javid to a game early doors, to support his home town club and reflect on how we're able to manage gates

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Spotland open to paying fans today on 22:33 - Jun 27 with 3283 viewsmingthemerciless

I didn’t know that. I had an allocated seat in F block which was two seats apart from the next guy to my side. Spaces in front and behind me.I didn’t have to pass anybody to get to my seat. It was all pretty well organised to be honest. Somebody had put a lot of thought into the job. Green-Amber-Red zone signage all over the place. I left about 5 minutes after the game ended.
Spotland open to paying fans today on 09:54 - Jun 28 with 3048 viewsDaleiLama

Spotland open to paying fans today on 20:40 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

I don't think anyone is

Maybe the club could invite Sajid Javid to a game early doors, to support his home town club and reflect on how we're able to manage gates

Don't suppose he could manage barriers too?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Spotland open to paying fans today on 11:15 - Jun 28 with 2964 viewsAtThePeake

Spotland open to paying fans today on 19:53 - Jun 27 by TVOS1907

I've been down to OT to watch Lancs 4 or 5 times this season and the guidelines suggest you should get to the ground 30 minutes before play starts. 30 minutes before play starts there is a big rush, then on the two occasions I've been on minutes for the start of play due to work, I've walked in with nobody around me and headed straight to the seat. Then at the end of play, everyone walks out the ground packed together as normal with no distancing. They also haven't been checking that people are sat in the right seats. I've been surprised by how lax it has been.

Tangled up in blue.

Spotland open to paying fans today on 11:45 - Jun 28 with 2918 viewsnordenblue

Spotland open to paying fans today on 11:15 - Jun 28 by AtThePeake

I've been down to OT to watch Lancs 4 or 5 times this season and the guidelines suggest you should get to the ground 30 minutes before play starts. 30 minutes before play starts there is a big rush, then on the two occasions I've been on minutes for the start of play due to work, I've walked in with nobody around me and headed straight to the seat. Then at the end of play, everyone walks out the ground packed together as normal with no distancing. They also haven't been checking that people are sat in the right seats. I've been surprised by how lax it has been.

If its anything like football, don't worry it's exempt from any rules or common sense for that matter
Spotland open to paying fans today on 19:20 - Jun 28 with 2683 viewsBraemar60

Spotland open to paying fans today on 19:57 - Jun 27 by Dalenet

I went to Scotland's three games at Hampden and Wembley and time slots didn't matter. My slots were 12-12:30 and 5-5:30 for Hampden and 7-7:30 for Wembley.
On arrival, you had your ticket activated, a search with a scanner and that was it.
Whatever time you got there, you got in.
Nearest I got to the slot time was Wembley.
Spotland open to paying fans today on 19:25 - Jun 28 with 2665 viewspioneer

If we play like we did last season we might need to introduce time slots for exiting😊
Spotland open to paying fans today on 19:37 - Jun 28 with 2644 viewsblackdogblue

Bombay House are providing food to both hospitality and to the terraces.

??? Why do we have to suffer Claytons Pies??

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Spotland open to paying fans today on 18:24 - Jul 4 with 2199 viewsmingthemerciless

The pitch played immaculately today. No sign of any water laying on the ground, the rain just went straight through.

On another tack there was waitress service with your pint of beer brought to your seat. A few guys sat behind me gave it plenty, San Miguel at £5.00 anybody ?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 18:25]
Spotland open to paying fans today on 18:46 - Jul 4 with 2084 viewsDalenet

Spotland open to paying fans today on 18:24 - Jul 4 by mingthemerciless

The pitch played immaculately today. No sign of any water laying on the ground, the rain just went straight through.

On another tack there was waitress service with your pint of beer brought to your seat. A few guys sat behind me gave it plenty, San Miguel at £5.00 anybody ?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 18:25]

Glad to hear the pitch was playing well. I see Hornets won a second game on the bounce.

Would be lovely to have a pint served to your seat - just like they do at so many sports. The only way the rules will change for football is if somebody told Boris we'd all vote for him!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024