Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM gone 20:32 - Jun 30 with 49439 viewsleedsdale

As per OS

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/statement_brianbarrymurphy/
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 20:32]
BBM gone on 20:54 - Jun 30 with 3962 viewsrochedale

BBM gone on 20:52 - Jun 30 by Shun

Same here. Pretty disappointed in BBM. And what brilliant timing, thanks Brian.

I’m just wondering what the club’s stance is on this. They say they reluctantly allowed him to leave. Why? If another club were after him we’ve just sacrificed our compensation. This isn’t a club legend like Hill, or even someone who’s had a modicum of success. The only thing he’s done is got us relegated, we owe him nothing.

We owe him nothing, but he owes us some loyalty. It can’t be just that he wanted to leave, there must be something else. Given everything, his successes and failures, he does come across as a decent chap. Baffling.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

BBM gone on 20:56 - Jun 30 with 3923 viewsfunkkk

Don’t rate the guy but it definitely seemed that the majority of the players were behind him. I can imagine there’ll be a few unhappy people now and Humps will be even more determined to leave.
BBM gone on 20:57 - Jun 30 with 3890 viewsSuddenLad

"After careful consideration and after being approached by his representatives'.

Something amiss there. Why couldn't BBM have spoken in person to the Board or Directors. Sounds like a major rift, despite the players re-signing, in some cases BECAUSE BBM was manager.

I now fear an exodus of talent.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM gone on 20:57 - Jun 30 with 3887 viewsJames1980

Anything on the rumour mill about any other clubs showing an interest in BBM lately?
Might simply be for personal reasons he wants a break from football management.

If Hill does return whether it be as Manager or DoF. Perhaps a no interviews clause could be included in his contract or an electric shock collar to go off when ever he makes a bizarre Cantonaesque statement.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM gone on 20:59 - Jun 30 with 3806 viewsrhf

All dale manager appointments are vital but this must be the most vital of the lot, one mistake now it’s straight to the national league, surely we cant appoint a first time outer either within the club or out.
BBM gone on 21:01 - Jun 30 with 3741 viewsborodale

Keith Hill and Jimmy McNulty.
BBM gone on 21:03 - Jun 30 with 3683 viewsoddjob007

Whatever the reason - it’s happened.

We quite simply have to have a new manager in place by the end of the week, or, we risk dropping out of the league.
BBM gone on 21:03 - Jun 30 with 3683 viewsStourdale

I’m shocked. It sounds like it’s either personal issues or he just feels he can’t do the job on the budget given.

I fear a few transfer requests coming in the next few days
Login to get fewer ads

BBM gone on 21:03 - Jun 30 with 3673 views49thseason

Its fairly cowardly to send your Agent to tell the club he is resigning. I Don't think he was ever the guy for a scrap and that's what we need at the moment. If there is anyone on the Boards radar, which seems unlikely, they should be looking for someone who relishes a battle, not a tippy tappy, keep the ball and pass it backwards type. We are heading for a very difficult period of history, and I suspect we will need nerves of steel and the hide of a rhino . still, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger .
I would call Paul McShane!
BBM gone on 21:05 - Jun 30 with 3618 views442Dale

Would fully expect a statement and explanation from BBM.

His interview after the retained list was announced:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/may/bbmonretainedreleasedlist/

What changed?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM gone on 21:05 - Jun 30 with 3595 viewsfunkkk

BBM gone on 21:03 - Jun 30 by oddjob007

Whatever the reason - it’s happened.

We quite simply have to have a new manager in place by the end of the week, or, we risk dropping out of the league.

It's 9pm on Wednesday night, not sure we need to have a manager in by the end of the week.
BBM gone on 21:06 - Jun 30 with 3569 views1949er

What have Hill and Judas Iscariot got in common? No way!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

BBM gone on 21:07 - Jun 30 with 3531 viewsSaxonDale

As said by others this really doesn’t add up. I’m really disappointed- more than anything because we’re going to be entering a season behind schedule and playing catch-up, which could be the difference between relegation and promotion. Do wonder whether this has been triggered by Bothamley’s departure.
BBM gone on 21:07 - Jun 30 with 3524 viewsD_Alien

BBM gone on 21:03 - Jun 30 by 49thseason

Its fairly cowardly to send your Agent to tell the club he is resigning. I Don't think he was ever the guy for a scrap and that's what we need at the moment. If there is anyone on the Boards radar, which seems unlikely, they should be looking for someone who relishes a battle, not a tippy tappy, keep the ball and pass it backwards type. We are heading for a very difficult period of history, and I suspect we will need nerves of steel and the hide of a rhino . still, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger .
I would call Paul McShane!

McShane

Yep, i'd give him a call to see if he's interested

Brian Barry-Who?

[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 21:07]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM gone on 21:07 - Jun 30 with 3518 viewspioneer

Follows on quickly the bloke who gave him a secret contract extension leaving.
BBM gone on 21:07 - Jun 30 with 3501 viewsNewbury_Dale

BBM gone on 21:05 - Jun 30 by 442Dale

Would fully expect a statement and explanation from BBM.

His interview after the retained list was announced:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/may/bbmonretainedreleasedlist/

What changed?

Bottomley left ?
BBM gone on 21:09 - Jun 30 with 3425 viewsoddjob007

BBM gone on 21:05 - Jun 30 by funkkk

It's 9pm on Wednesday night, not sure we need to have a manager in by the end of the week.

And let it drag on for a few weeks, the players do a half hearted pre-season, not fit enough, injury prone, new manager comes in with his own ideas, too late to properly implement them.

We are down if this goes on longer than a week.
BBM gone on 21:12 - Jun 30 with 3349 viewsjudd

Fook him. Selfish tvvat.

Poll: What is it to be then?

BBM gone on 21:15 - Jun 30 with 3252 viewsD_Alien

BBM gone on 21:09 - Jun 30 by oddjob007

And let it drag on for a few weeks, the players do a half hearted pre-season, not fit enough, injury prone, new manager comes in with his own ideas, too late to properly implement them.

We are down if this goes on longer than a week.

I hope the new board aren't panicking in the same manner

BBM gone on 21:16 - Jun 30 with 3234 viewsncfc_chalky

What the fu...

RAFC the series is ace and compulsive viewing,I've actually developed FOMO syndrome

Duff duff duff duff fooking duff 😮
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 21:18]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

BBM gone on 21:16 - Jun 30 with 3232 viewsnordenblue

BBM gone on 21:07 - Jun 30 by pioneer

Follows on quickly the bloke who gave him a secret contract extension leaving.

I'd be highly surprised its anything to do with Bottomley leaving, BBM didn't entertain him one bit
BBM gone on 21:19 - Jun 30 with 3144 viewsnordenblue

Thats about where I am, decent bloke absolutely but fooking terrible management last season and not sure what we're missing with him buggering off, other than a bit of continuity, saying that if its a continuation of last season it's the best thing that could have happened really
BBM gone on 21:21 - Jun 30 with 3079 viewsDiddyDave

BBM gone on 21:07 - Jun 30 by SaxonDale

As said by others this really doesn’t add up. I’m really disappointed- more than anything because we’re going to be entering a season behind schedule and playing catch-up, which could be the difference between relegation and promotion. Do wonder whether this has been triggered by Bothamley’s departure.

It has to be, BBM probably knows he`s not a manager`s backside, but with Bottomley there he knew he could get away with it, at least until February when his twelve month extension was up. Certainly a seismic event on the cusp of a new season, but there`s no reason to think Jim and Riley can`t take the players for training and get them fit, they`ll all professionals and should know what they need to do. Me thinks McShane might be the first bloke to get a phone call.
BBM gone on 21:25 - Jun 30 with 3002 viewsDorkingDale

God help us....
BBM gone on 21:31 - Jun 30 with 2863 viewsD_Alien

1 June 2021: EGM ousts two directors as shareholders are rallied to help save the club

30 June 2021: manager whose contract was but should never have been renewed resigns

What a month!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024