Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM gone 20:32 - Jun 30 with 49271 viewsleedsdale

As per OS

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/statement_brianbarrymurphy/
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 20:32]
BBM gone on 21:33 - Jun 30 with 4191 viewsrochedale

BBM gone on 21:31 - Jun 30 by D_Alien

1 June 2021: EGM ousts two directors as shareholders are rallied to help save the club

30 June 2021: manager whose contract was but should never have been renewed resigns

What a month!

One thing is for certain, The Overcoat Men Part 2, is going to make one hell of a read!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

BBM gone on 21:36 - Jun 30 with 4120 viewsCedar_Room

Conflicted about this really. Was not BBMs biggest fan and thought he should have been sacked 6 months ago in the middle of that terrible run. But I was resigned to the idea he was the boards man and had maybe done just enough for me to hope this season might be different in L2. But the timing of it is what really stinks. After the loyalty shown to him when I think most other clubs would have let him go long before now, it’s right when we are starting the pre season he demands to leave?? And demands to go where exactly? Who is going to be looking at his CV and thinking this is the guy we need to move our club forward. And what sort of position could be so amazing that would trump a fairly stable L2 team? I mean who exactly that would be a step up from Rochdale would be wanting his services??? I can perhaps only think that there has been a move to bring in Hill as a director of football perhaps and BBM has refused to go along with it?? Otherwise this doesn’t make much sense to me. I agree we need to resolve this ASAP before this negatively impacts the entire season ahead.
BBM gone on 21:42 - Jun 30 with 3994 viewsdale1968

I for one am glad he has gone he should have gone 12 months ago.
A great big broom is sweeping through our club and I for one believe it will be for the better.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

BBM gone on 21:45 - Jun 30 with 3909 viewsTomRAFC

BBM gone on 21:42 - Jun 30 by dale1968

I for one am glad he has gone he should have gone 12 months ago.
A great big broom is sweeping through our club and I for one believe it will be for the better.

Excellent point.

A good managerial appointment/fending off the people after shares and we could be on the right track.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

BBM gone on 21:50 - Jun 30 with 3824 viewsNorthernDale

I was thinking along the lines of other people, that BBM lost his protector and this meant that if he adopted the poor failed tactics of last season, then it would not be a contract extension, but the sack. But if he is respected perhaps he is being tapped up by a big team to manager their youth team, due to his great talent. what is Graham Alexander doing at the moment?
BBM gone on 21:50 - Jun 30 with 3819 viewsD_Alien

BBM gone on 21:45 - Jun 30 by TomRAFC

Excellent point.

A good managerial appointment/fending off the people after shares and we could be on the right track.

And it'll be far and away more important to get the right person in as manager than to rush it like some are suggesting we "have" to do

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM gone on 21:57 - Jun 30 with 3660 viewsJames1980

Is it a case of jumping now before being pushed early in the season if results don't go to plan?

Is he under the impression the new board members aren't fully behind him? Although why were they reluctant to release him from his contract.

Has he been asked to play a more direct style of football rather than trying to be a league two version of Barca or Man City & he is fiercely protective of his tactical principles?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM gone on 21:59 - Jun 30 with 3626 viewsTalkingSutty

BBM gone on 20:46 - Jun 30 by boromat

Wouldn't be popular but Keith Hill is a known entity and could be the sort of stabilising person we need. One season deal.

Unless we think Riley and McNulty are the right people for the job. Don't think we can take any risks and don't really want to shake things up too much, we're doing enough of that off the pitch at the moment.

McNulty has no experience at coaching or management level and neither has Riley. Who is Riley anyway, was he a youth coach? I would hope we have a bit more ambition than that. I think we need somebody with experience and contacts.
Login to get fewer ads

BBM gone on 22:02 - Jun 30 with 3550 viewsJames1980

BBM gone on 21:59 - Jun 30 by TalkingSutty

McNulty has no experience at coaching or management level and neither has Riley. Who is Riley anyway, was he a youth coach? I would hope we have a bit more ambition than that. I think we need somebody with experience and contacts.

Wasn't Keef a rookie when he took up the management position first time round?

BBM gone on 22:03 - Jun 30 with 3517 viewsSuddenLad

I don't know any more than anyone else, but the way it is worded, it seems as though BBM has asked to be released from his contract. I'm guessing that he has another job lined up, higher up the pyramid, of in Eire, but not as a manager. He is spoken about highly by all those who have worked with and for him. Maybe he just wants to take the opportunity.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM gone on 22:08 - Jun 30 with 3443 viewskel

He should have gone when we got bummed at home by MK Dons. No loss apart from the timing could have been better but that’s on him and not the club. At least we won’t have to put up with his missus telling us how we should support our own club now.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 22:08]
BBM gone on 22:08 - Jun 30 with 3429 viewsleedsdale

Riley not going too is a surprise, indicates to me it’s not a managerial role he’s moving for. Time will tell, I guess. Timing less than ideal!
BBM gone on 22:10 - Jun 30 with 3381 viewsTVOS1907

BBM gone on 22:02 - Jun 30 by James1980

Wasn't Keef a rookie when he took up the management position first time round?

He was, but to be fair, he had served his apprenticeship at the club and proved himself as a coach in the youth set-up.

He also had a core of good players to call on, that Steve Parkin had unfortunately lost his way with. The likes of Gilks, Doolan, Dagnall and Murray to name four off the top of my head.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBM gone on 22:10 - Jun 30 with 3383 viewsJames1980

BBM gone on 22:03 - Jun 30 by SuddenLad

I don't know any more than anyone else, but the way it is worded, it seems as though BBM has asked to be released from his contract. I'm guessing that he has another job lined up, higher up the pyramid, of in Eire, but not as a manager. He is spoken about highly by all those who have worked with and for him. Maybe he just wants to take the opportunity.

I thought similar but wouldn't the board tried to get some for of compensation or said BBM would like to try a new challenge elsewhere.

BBM gone on 22:10 - Jun 30 with 3374 viewsinthenet

Hill and Flicker are coming home …. Announcement Friday

Rastrickblue

BBM gone on 22:11 - Jun 30 with 3363 views442Dale

If a manager is being sought after by another club, they’d have to make an approach to his current club for permission to speak to him.

Always understand when managers and players move on for the benefit of their careers, but there’s a way to do it. That O’Connell signed a new deal last week whilst reiterating the importance of the manager spoke volumes about what he believed the plan was then.

A sudden change like this will affect the football club massively.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM gone on 22:11 - Jun 30 with 3363 views_Windydale

Fight or flight.

A peaceful guy. I reckon after lots of soul searching and chat with his wife while on his jollies. He's thought; this behind the scenes politics is too much for me. It's giving me a rash. I'm offski. I wouldn't be surprised, if he takes a break from the game.

Its a shame for the guys who signed only - because they wanted to play for him.
BBM gone on 22:11 - Jun 30 with 3352 viewsDale92

Next manager wise I'll throw.it out there because most league 2 managers are newbies ir has beens. I'd like a Lee Carsley or someone of that ilk rather than someone like Alexander, the Sam Allaydyces and Pulis like Mary go round managers. I doubt our mantra will change in terms of budget, play style. Remember this style was given by the board to BBM, one style all the way through like a league 2 barca (I'm laughing, typing it) but if this is the way. Only young coaches will be tempted, I'd guess

This is the One, I've waited for

BBM gone on 22:13 - Jun 30 with 3303 viewsSuddenLad

BBM gone on 22:10 - Jun 30 by James1980

I thought similar but wouldn't the board tried to get some for of compensation or said BBM would like to try a new challenge elsewhere.

Would they get any if he went back to Eire? Or abroad?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM gone on 22:20 - Jun 30 with 3196 viewsJames1980

BBM gone on 22:10 - Jun 30 by inthenet

Hill and Flicker are coming home …. Announcement Friday

Port Vale might have something to say about that.

BBM gone on 22:23 - Jun 30 with 3152 viewsjonahwhereru

Someone help me out here, is BBM’s wife Irish?
He has had a torrid time this last few month. He wife’s spate with Fitz a while back indicates it was affecting the family.they also had a little’un. Wondering if after all this time in the UK Ireland is calling him.
That said the fans were off his back, some key contracts successfully negotiated, so the worst was behind him. I just can’t have it that he didn’t have a conversation with McNulty to let him know what was on his mind. He owed his mate that. Interesting that Jim’s signing interview he said he is not sure what his role is going to be yet. Would you really sign a contract without some clarity on role and reporting line?
Do think this and the other main thread today will do little for the chances of either Humps or Ollie not thinking this may be time to get the bike out. Already said it would be a balsy call to say your are both staying until the January window at the earliest, in the hope we are flying by then.
Probably put six and six together there and ended up with 36!
Tbh the time is so odd it was always going to creates plenty of conspiracy theories.

Finally thanks Brian, in your time at the club you have made a positive impact.
BBM gone on 22:32 - Jun 30 with 3028 viewsJames1980

BBM gone on 22:10 - Jun 30 by TVOS1907

He was, but to be fair, he had served his apprenticeship at the club and proved himself as a coach in the youth set-up.

He also had a core of good players to call on, that Steve Parkin had unfortunately lost his way with. The likes of Gilks, Doolan, Dagnall and Murray to name four off the top of my head.

Of course so the equivalent now would be putting Tony Ellis in as first team manager? He has certainly proved himself at academy level. Not sure if their is an equivalent regarding players the manager has lost his way with.

BBM gone on 22:38 - Jun 30 with 2916 viewsboromat

BBM gone on 22:32 - Jun 30 by James1980

Of course so the equivalent now would be putting Tony Ellis in as first team manager? He has certainly proved himself at academy level. Not sure if their is an equivalent regarding players the manager has lost his way with.

I get the impression he doesn't want it. Surely he would have already had a chance at some point if he did want to have a go.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

BBM gone on 22:41 - Jun 30 with 2869 viewsJames1980

Is that why he was referred to as a 'selfish tvvat' earlier?

BBM gone on 22:51 - Jun 30 with 3714 viewsSheffield_dale

There will be 2 realistic options now...

A familiar face (Hill, McNulty, McShane)

Or a national League manager.

I don't reckon we can fund an established name like Tisdale et Al.

One name from my area of the country is James Rowe at Chesterfield. Had a great end to last season and fans love him in S Yorkshire.

I feel this is the particular realistic lake we will be fishing for a "new" name. I seem to remember Ian Evatt was mentioned a few years back, he's done ok so maybe a similar approach from national league would be sensible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024