Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM gone 20:32 - Jun 30 with 49447 viewsleedsdale

As per OS

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/statement_brianbarrymurphy/
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 20:32]
BBM gone on 14:02 - Jul 1 with 4783 viewsAtThePeake

BBM gone on 13:26 - Jul 1 by oddjob007

And I’m sure Bolton and Tranmere fans have even worse tales than we have to tell….

Those poor Tranmere fans, subjected to six months of Horrible Hilly where he took them from 18th in the table to a play-off position.How on earth did they cope?

Tangled up in blue.

BBM gone on 14:07 - Jul 1 with 4722 viewsAtThePeake

BBM gone on 14:01 - Jul 1 by BucketBstard

He left because he hasnt the balls to face the fans when we come back. He knows there would of been massive protests last season at his pathetic attempt at Barca/City tiki taka football. His post match comments would of got him hung drawn and quartered so he's run off with his tail between his legs and if its true about City ...god help them LOL
As for talk of Kim JUng Hills return or that idiot that puts the cones out at training for Phil Parkinson then sorry neither is a good fit anymore for this club. We need fresh impetus and a clean sweep. Hopefully this Riley guy goes as well and we get somebody quick before MCNumpty can destoy the defense with his wisdom .

To be fair, we could hire Pep Guardiola with the resurrected Brian Clough as his assistant and it would only take one defeat for you to make up two desperately unfunny nicknames and start calling for their heads.

Tangled up in blue.

BBM gone on 14:31 - Jul 1 with 4579 viewsTVOS1907

BBM gone on 14:07 - Jul 1 by AtThePeake

To be fair, we could hire Pep Guardiola with the resurrected Brian Clough as his assistant and it would only take one defeat for you to make up two desperately unfunny nicknames and start calling for their heads.

I'm not sure how he coped before Parkin and Hill managed us.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBM gone on 15:00 - Jul 1 with 4447 viewsD_Dale

BBM gone on 14:02 - Jul 1 by AtThePeake

Those poor Tranmere fans, subjected to six months of Horrible Hilly where he took them from 18th in the table to a play-off position.How on earth did they cope?

According to Soccerbase, Hill managed 40 league and cup matches at Tranmere. 20 were won, 10 drawn and 10 lost.

I'd like to know why Mark Palios sacked him on the eve of the play-offs.

For the coming season, I'd not mind seeing Hill return as manager, maybe initially on a one-year contract in case his critics turn out to be right.
BBM gone on 15:02 - Jul 1 with 4427 viewsJames1980

BBM gone on 15:00 - Jul 1 by D_Dale

According to Soccerbase, Hill managed 40 league and cup matches at Tranmere. 20 were won, 10 drawn and 10 lost.

For the coming season, I'd not mind seeing Hill return as manager, maybe initially on a one-year contract in case his critics turn out to be right.

The problem is, eventually, his critics will be right.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM gone on 15:15 - Jul 1 with 4382 viewsTomRAFC

It was a baffling decision on paper.

I saw one Tranmere fan say he grasped the play-offs from the jaws of promotion, although it was him who took them that far up the table. Form dipped and he began to give the same kind of cantankerous interviews that turned a lot of fans against him in his time at Dale.

Some Tranmere fans had wanted Dawes to continue as manager after a good spell as caretaker, so Keith wasn't a welcome addition.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 17:16]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

BBM gone on 16:53 - Jul 1 with 4137 viewsDaleFan7

Watch his interview after the last game of the season.
BBM gone on 17:08 - Jul 1 with 4055 viewsD_Dale

BBM gone on 15:15 - Jul 1 by TomRAFC

It was a baffling decision on paper.

I saw one Tranmere fan say he grasped the play-offs from the jaws of promotion, although it was him who took them that far up the table. Form dipped and he began to give the same kind of cantankerous interviews that turned a lot of fans against him in his time at Dale.

Some Tranmere fans had wanted Dawes to continue as manager after a good spell as caretaker, so Keith wasn't a welcome addition.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 17:16]

Thanks for the explanation, Tom.

Keith Hill is something of an acquired taste, not inclined to flatter the fans (nor, one suspects, club directors). But the results, taken as a whole over his seasons as Dale manager, put him ahead of others.
Login to get fewer ads

BBM gone on 20:08 - Jul 1 with 3727 viewsBrierls

BBM gone on 09:10 - Jul 1 by RooleyMoorBlue

Are you speaking for yourself with that statement?
If Graham Barrow came back it wouldn't stop me supporting my club. Personnel come and go, but what matters above all else is the club. Supporters should get behind whoever is in charge. IMO not doing so is petty. Do people stop buying stuff just because their favourite brand isn't available or leave the country when a general election doesn't go the way they wanted?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 9:14]

Who said anything about stopping supporting the club?

The last few months have shown what can be achieved when fans get behind a common goal. It would be a missed opportunity to continue that if the board were to knowingly appoint somebody who will split opinion from the off.

I agree that the club is what matters most. The fans are the heartbeat of the club, so let’s appoint somebody who the vast majority can get behind.
BBM gone on 20:41 - Jul 1 with 3590 viewsboromat

BBM gone on 20:08 - Jul 1 by Brierls

The last few months have shown what can be achieved when fans get behind a common goal. It would be a missed opportunity to continue that if the board were to knowingly appoint somebody who will split opinion from the off.

I agree that the club is what matters most. The fans are the heartbeat of the club, so let’s appoint somebody who the vast majority can get behind.

Obviously lots of things to consider for the board and I do not envy them it's a huge decision. Yes Hill splits opinion but he's also a proven entity at this level and with our club. With everything going on behind the scenes I would understand the board choosing to go with him. And if results are good us fickle fans will get behind him I'm sure.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

BBM gone on 21:02 - Jul 1 with 3499 views1907

I think what may be appealing to the board about Hill is that he can help them run the club not just the team.

We know how involved he was with the board in his previous tenure so I wonder whether that is an added bonus.

I still don’t believe it would be right to go back to Hill for a third time.
BBM gone on 21:47 - Jul 1 with 3294 viewsFrog

BBM gone on 21:02 - Jul 1 by 1907

I think what may be appealing to the board about Hill is that he can help them run the club not just the team.

We know how involved he was with the board in his previous tenure so I wonder whether that is an added bonus.

I still don’t believe it would be right to go back to Hill for a third time.

I wouldn't want a manager to "help run the club", that's not what the job is. Concentrate on football and nothing else.
BBM gone on 23:02 - Jul 1 with 3047 viewsdingdangblue

His league 2 record is incredible really, he has play offs or promotion in every full season with Dale, his 2 half seasons with Dale he turned around relegation form into promotion form and his almost full season with Tranmere he reached the play offs. Obviously he has his critics, mostly to do with his arrogance and attitude but his results and record at this level are exemplary.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

BBM gone on 23:18 - Jul 1 with 2987 viewsJames1980

BBM gone on 23:02 - Jul 1 by dingdangblue

His league 2 record is incredible really, he has play offs or promotion in every full season with Dale, his 2 half seasons with Dale he turned around relegation form into promotion form and his almost full season with Tranmere he reached the play offs. Obviously he has his critics, mostly to do with his arrogance and attitude but his results and record at this level are exemplary.

I'd have him back as long as contract was no more than 18 months with an option to extend if results are going the right way but his contract should be no longer than 24 months at a time in total.
No commision on player sales.
No cryptic interview answers
No insulting fans in interviews.
Most importantly bring back no fear football but with a modern approach to how he deals with players

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM gone on 00:19 - Jul 2 with 2885 viewssomdale

Ill take a bit if sarcasm or grumpiness from Hilly if it means getting back on track, he is what he is, and we should only worry about the final results. He seems to have good contacts and there will be no bedding in period as he knows the club so well.
I couldnt imagine us attracting a more successful manager at the club at this time
BBM gone on 06:08 - Jul 2 with 2732 views1907

BBM gone on 21:47 - Jul 1 by Frog

I wouldn't want a manager to "help run the club", that's not what the job is. Concentrate on football and nothing else.

I’m not saying it’s what I want either.

However given the lack of football experience across the entire board, I think this is something they may find appealing.
BBM gone on 11:45 - Jul 2 with 2296 viewsAtThePeake

BBM gone on 20:08 - Jul 1 by Brierls

You know it's a weird summer when I find myself agreeing with you Brierls.

If it was solely down to results I'd hire Hill in a heartbeat. Yes, he struggled on that front towards the end of his second spell, but show me a lower league manager that hasn't struggled for results at some point in their career. All the potential candidates will have either have zero experience, or a mixed record, otherwise they would be linked with jobs at a higher level than ours. Hill's record in L2 (as others have pointed out) speaks for itself. It's phenomenal.

Personally, I wouldn't be against Hill coming back. Unfortunately it would divide the fanbase too much to be worth it at this stage. If 50% of the fanbase would be against it, especially when many fans' relationship with the club is fragile at best at the moment after the last year or so, then it definitely wouldn't be a good idea.

Tangled up in blue.

BBM gone on 12:14 - Jul 2 with 2220 viewsNewbury_Dale

City have just confirmed Brian Kidd's departure from the club. Maybe a small re-organisation of coaching staff, and a place for BBM in the new setup ?
BBM gone on 13:15 - Jul 2 with 2091 viewsfunkkk

So turns out that nice guy Brian was trying to wangle a pay off out of the club to walk away. Obviously his wage increase and unwarranted contract extension at the end of last year wasn’t enough for him. Good riddance 👋🏼
BBM gone on 13:19 - Jul 2 with 2071 viewssweetcorn

Hill on a 12 month rolling contract please. Suits both parties, if he doesn't produce the contract is small enough to get rid.

In normal circumstances I'd say try something new, but time is getting on and players are being snapped up, if we're getting a manager in they're likely to be inexperienced and will require a bedding in period. Will they have the contacts in place to be able to efficiently build us a squad capable of being half decent in time? At least with Hill we know he has contacts and would be able to get players of the right quality in before the season starts.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

BBM gone on 13:35 - Jul 2 with 1986 views49thseason

BBM gone on 13:19 - Jul 2 by sweetcorn

Hill on a 12 month rolling contract please. Suits both parties, if he doesn't produce the contract is small enough to get rid.

In normal circumstances I'd say try something new, but time is getting on and players are being snapped up, if we're getting a manager in they're likely to be inexperienced and will require a bedding in period. Will they have the contacts in place to be able to efficiently build us a squad capable of being half decent in time? At least with Hill we know he has contacts and would be able to get players of the right quality in before the season starts.

I think this sums up where I am at the moment. I don't really care who the manager is as long as he is getting results on the pitch. There are a couple of definite non- starters but otherwise, as KH constantly reminded us, its a results business, its a shame BBM didnt listen to that bit. I would happily accept a 40+% win ratio for this next season especially at home.
BBM gone on 13:41 - Jul 2 with 1968 viewssweetcorn

BBM gone on 13:15 - Jul 2 by funkkk

So turns out that nice guy Brian was trying to wangle a pay off out of the club to walk away. Obviously his wage increase and unwarranted contract extension at the end of last year wasn’t enough for him. Good riddance 👋🏼

If you get offered a role at work with less pressure and responsibilities for more money, what would you do?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

BBM gone on 13:43 - Jul 2 with 1945 viewsjudd

BBM gone on 13:41 - Jul 2 by sweetcorn

If you get offered a role at work with less pressure and responsibilities for more money, what would you do?

Has BBM been offered a job then?

Poll: What is it to be then?

BBM gone on 13:45 - Jul 2 with 1926 viewsAtThePeake

BBM gone on 13:41 - Jul 2 by sweetcorn

I don't think the issue here is the fact that he's (allegedly) going to Manchester City, more that he's tried to wrangle himself a pay-off to do so.

Tangled up in blue.

BBM gone on 13:47 - Jul 2 with 1912 viewsjudd

BBM gone on 13:45 - Jul 2 by AtThePeake

I don't think the issue here is the fact that he's (allegedly) going to Manchester City, more that he's tried to wrangle himself a pay-off to do so.

If he has a job to go to, why ask for money from his current employer?

Does not add up.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024