Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM gone 20:32 - Jun 30 with 48655 viewsleedsdale

As per OS

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/statement_brianbarrymurphy/
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 20:32]
BBM gone on 13:56 - Jul 2 with 3408 views49thseason

BBM gone on 13:47 - Jul 2 by judd

If he has a job to go to, why ask for money from his current employer?

Does not add up.

From the Chairmans new video, it sounds as though his agent tried it on with his first call in case the club wanted to get rid. He then called back and said OK Brian wants to be released from his contract. Smart work by the board, BBM gone and no payment, if this had happened earlier we may not have been able to re-sign some key players, any later and we could have had a very half-arsed start to the season. Maybe our luck is changing.
BBM gone on 14:05 - Jul 2 with 3346 viewssweetcorn

BBM gone on 13:45 - Jul 2 by AtThePeake

I don't think the issue here is the fact that he's (allegedly) going to Manchester City, more that he's tried to wrangle himself a pay-off to do so.

Again, if you thought you could get some dollar out of your employer would you not try?

People get so high and mighty when it comes to people working in football like its not just a job to them as it is someone going doing 12 hours at a factory. Its human nature to try and get the best deal possible.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

BBM gone on 14:11 - Jul 2 with 3304 viewsAtThePeake

BBM gone on 14:05 - Jul 2 by sweetcorn

Again, if you thought you could get some dollar out of your employer would you not try?

People get so high and mighty when it comes to people working in football like its not just a job to them as it is someone going doing 12 hours at a factory. Its human nature to try and get the best deal possible.

If I'd just been given a recent contract extension and pay rise, then failed to achieve a major target, then been offered another job elsewhere... I don't think I'd have the brass neck to try and squeeze some more money out of my current employers a day before jumping ship anyway. It's not a situation I've found myself in though so perhaps I'm just being naive.

Tangled up in blue.

BBM gone on 14:33 - Jul 2 with 3178 viewsD_Alien

This details of this leaves as much of a bitter taste as when Hendo left - perhaps more so

Any further references to BBM as being a "nice guy" are redundant - as he should've been at the end of 2020

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM gone on 14:34 - Jul 2 with 3168 viewsDaleiLama

Board were 100% committed to him. Very dignified way of handling this by the new chair. I wonder if this decision was 100% made by BBM or had SJ input? Either way, he baled. Asking for a handout to do so is disgraceful. Very undignified in fact.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

BBM gone on 14:50 - Jul 2 with 3090 viewsSandyman

Greedy self-serving so and so like his CEO mate.
He was the luckiest manager going to have still had a job and got a an extension and pay rise as well as board backing after last season. All that and it still wasn't enough.

Beautifully handled by the directors, and despite the disruption, it's done us a favour IMHO.
BBM gone on 14:51 - Jul 2 with 3076 viewsShun

BBM gone on 14:33 - Jul 2 by D_Alien

This details of this leaves as much of a bitter taste as when Hendo left - perhaps more so

Any further references to BBM as being a "nice guy" are redundant - as he should've been at the end of 2020

More so than Henderson, I’d say. At least with Henderson the club’s side of things came from Bottomley, so there’s always the chance that it was complete BS.

It’s a good riddance for Brian from me.
BBM gone on 15:16 - Jul 2 with 2955 viewsdawlishdale

BBM gone on 14:51 - Jul 2 by Shun

More so than Henderson, I’d say. At least with Henderson the club’s side of things came from Bottomley, so there’s always the chance that it was complete BS.

Selfish and greedy from BBM and his agent. Not unlike the actions of the ex CEO who gave him a big new contract.

On that subject; Henderson told me a completely different tale to the one peddled by the CEO, and I know who I believe out of the two of them.
Login to get fewer ads

BBM gone on 15:24 - Jul 2 with 2917 viewsDaleiLama

This comes under the heading of "the past" now for me, like the deleted thread. As Sandyman and R17ALE have frequently pointed out, the rot has been excised. The repair job is underway. The present and future is all that matters now. Good riddance to ....... you know the rest.

Update from the gravy train:

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

BBM gone on 15:33 - Jul 2 with 2871 viewsJames1980

BBM gone on 14:51 - Jul 2 by Shun

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/chairmanstatement_220620/

The former former chairman made the statement about Hendo although his information could have come from a less than reliable source.

Anyway re BBM's departure the circumstances leave a very bitter taste in the mouth. If he cared/cares about the club and Man City the rumours have approached him are true why don't they buy him out of his contract.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM gone on 15:50 - Jul 2 with 2798 viewsSuddenLad

BBM gone on 15:33 - Jul 2 by James1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/chairmanstatement_220620/

The former former chairman made the statement about Hendo although his information could have come from a less than reliable source.

Anyway re BBM's departure the circumstances leave a very bitter taste in the mouth. If he cared/cares about the club and Man City the rumours have approached him are true why don't they buy him out of his contract.

They may well have said he will be appointed only if he is free to do so and perhaps from (say) September 1st. He then tries to get some release funds to bridge the financial gap between now and then.

Who knows? He didn't get his request granted, we move on, and BBM likewise, though in a different direction. Good luck to him.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM gone on 15:55 - Jul 2 with 2788 viewsboromat

BBM gone on 14:11 - Jul 2 by AtThePeake

If I'd just been given a recent contract extension and pay rise, then failed to achieve a major target, then been offered another job elsewhere... I don't think I'd have the brass neck to try and squeeze some more money out of my current employers a day before jumping ship anyway. It's not a situation I've found myself in though so perhaps I'm just being naive.

No but isn't that what BBMs representative is paid to do?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

BBM gone on 16:00 - Jul 2 with 2762 viewsEllDale

Sad if his reputation is tarnished by the manner in which he left.
Mind you, he won't be the first to fall into that category.
BBM gone on 16:05 - Jul 2 with 2726 viewsAlexF

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/next-rochda
BBM gone on 16:09 - Jul 2 with 2707 viewsSandyman

BBM gone on 16:05 - Jul 2 by AlexF

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/next-rochda

LOL, typically lazy cut and paste journalism from the M E N.
BBM gone on 16:12 - Jul 2 with 2687 viewsEllDale

Idle speculation.
First time I've seen Challinor's name mentioned though.
Would he want to leave his current club - unless travelling is an issue?
Mike Minay is touting Pete Wild at Halifax but again that's pure speculation.
BBM gone on 16:32 - Jul 2 with 2587 viewsJames1980

Considering other than Lund it appears we signed all of BBM's signing targets so far, I wonder why his agent asked the board if they were happy with BBM did he get a sense that they weren't for some reason we are not privy to

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM gone on 16:45 - Jul 2 with 2541 viewsRippDale

BBM gone on 13:19 - Jul 2 by sweetcorn

Hill on a 12 month rolling contract please. Suits both parties, if he doesn't produce the contract is small enough to get rid.

In normal circumstances I'd say try something new, but time is getting on and players are being snapped up, if we're getting a manager in they're likely to be inexperienced and will require a bedding in period. Will they have the contacts in place to be able to efficiently build us a squad capable of being half decent in time? At least with Hill we know he has contacts and would be able to get players of the right quality in before the season starts.

Never thought I would ever want Hill back at the club, but I agree that a 12 month rolling contract would be a good appointment.

With all that has gone on we are in danger of heading down the same path as Southend. Now is not the time to take a punt on a rookie. There are no guarantees but certain managers are safer bets. I would have taken someone like Parkinson, football probably not spectacular but stability needed. Hilly proved himself at Tranmere after issues with us and Bolton, he had a 50% win percentage for them.
BBM gone on 17:15 - Jul 2 with 2439 viewsDaleFan7

BBM gone on 16:45 - Jul 2 by RippDale

Never thought I would ever want Hill back at the club, but I agree that a 12 month rolling contract would be a good appointment.

With all that has gone on we are in danger of heading down the same path as Southend. Now is not the time to take a punt on a rookie. There are no guarantees but certain managers are safer bets. I would have taken someone like Parkinson, football probably not spectacular but stability needed. Hilly proved himself at Tranmere after issues with us and Bolton, he had a 50% win percentage for them.

He was also sacked for creating a massive rift between himself and the players/fans as he did here and at Bolton and almost losing their play off place winning only 2 of their last 11 games, from being joint 3rd to scraping into the playoffs on last day. He's evidently still got his massive ego and isn't learning from his sackings.

They had won their 4 games prior to Hill joining them and were already climbing the table.
BBM gone on 17:26 - Jul 2 with 2378 viewsRippDale

BBM gone on 17:15 - Jul 2 by DaleFan7

He was also sacked for creating a massive rift between himself and the players/fans as he did here and at Bolton and almost losing their play off place winning only 2 of their last 11 games, from being joint 3rd to scraping into the playoffs on last day. He's evidently still got his massive ego and isn't learning from his sackings.

They had won their 4 games prior to Hill joining them and were already climbing the table.

In normal circumstances I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club again but I think we need wins to stabilise the club and that is the trade off with Hilly sadly
BBM gone on 17:34 - Jul 2 with 2328 viewsDaleFan7

BBM gone on 17:26 - Jul 2 by RippDale

In normal circumstances I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club again but I think we need wins to stabilise the club and that is the trade off with Hilly sadly

His last 3 months here produced 1 win in 12 games and his last 3 months at Tranmere produced 2 wins in 11 games. We were poor for a while under him and the fact we had success with him previously prolonged his stay until it was completely untenable. Doesn't exactly breed confidence that he is the manager he was 5 years ago.
BBM gone on 17:40 - Jul 2 with 2288 viewskel

BBM gone on 14:05 - Jul 2 by sweetcorn

Gonna give that one a go on Monday with my boss and see how it goes.

Me - Alreet, I want to leave.
Boss - Why?
Me - Don’t want to be here. Give me 50k and I’ll fook off.
Boss - Hahahahaha
BBM gone on 17:57 - Jul 2 with 2203 views442Dale

BBM gone on 15:50 - Jul 2 by SuddenLad

They may well have said he will be appointed only if he is free to do so and perhaps from (say) September 1st. He then tries to get some release funds to bridge the financial gap between now and then.

Who knows? He didn't get his request granted, we move on, and BBM likewise, though in a different direction. Good luck to him.

1. That could not be the case as any possible future club should have approached a manager’s current club first to ask permission to talk to him. So such a scenario can’t have happened.

2. Everyone knows the financial position of Dale right now.

3 Nobody should resent any player or manager wanting to progress their career. There’s a way to do it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM gone on 18:03 - Jul 2 with 2164 views49thseason

I think some of these Managers should be paid minimally but with large bonuses based on the the performance of the team. Like a good salesman the salary is less important than the commission if you are good at your job.
BBM gone on 18:17 - Jul 2 with 2094 viewsSuddenLad

BBM gone on 17:57 - Jul 2 by 442Dale

1. That could not be the case as any possible future club should have approached a manager’s current club first to ask permission to talk to him. So such a scenario can’t have happened.

2. Everyone knows the financial position of Dale right now.

3 Nobody should resent any player or manager wanting to progress their career. There’s a way to do it.

I have no objections whatsoever to anyone attempting to improve their status through better employment opportunities. It's a natural and commendable thing to do. It's called ambition. You're right, though. There is a proper way of going about the process.

As regards your point (1) - the operative word is 'should'. The scenario could be that BBM got a 'heads-up' about a possible job opportunity that is not yet available, maybe because the current incumbent isn't aware he's about to lose his job - or there is a new vacancy being created from a specific future date. Far easier to appoint someone not (then) currently attached, without the necessity to pay compensation, or approach any current employers.

(2) Yes. But the world likes a trier. 10 out of 10 for cheek.

(3) Agreed. See first sentence above.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024