Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Humphrys gone 16:34 - Jul 9 with 8587 viewsSuddenLad

[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 16:35]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Humphrys gone on 16:42 - Jul 9 with 6023 viewsAllBlueDale

Massive club?
Great history?
Stick to YouTube
Humphrys gone on 16:44 - Jul 9 with 6006 viewsDalenet

I hope we got a decent fee from the recently bankrupt club. Can't blame him for wanting to play in League One
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 17:34]
Humphrys gone on 16:47 - Jul 9 with 5956 viewsseasidedale

Thing is we don’t know what was in his contract, there could have been a relegation release clause (for a certain figure) a above a certain fee clause, we don’t know bbut good luck Steve
Humphrys gone on 17:00 - Jul 9 with 5878 viewsSunningDale

Humphrys gone on 16:42 - Jul 9 by AllBlueDale

Massive club?
Great history?
Stick to YouTube

Just the usual empty platitudes and rhetoric that players always come out with whenever leaving or joining a club. Why does anybody take it seriously, they just say what they think will please.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Humphrys gone on 17:04 - Jul 9 with 5850 viewsblackdogblue

Hope they have a decent treatment room for him

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Humphrys gone on 17:59 - Jul 9 with 5642 viewsD_Alien

If i used Twitter, i'd ask him how many years behind BBM he reckons his new manager is?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Humphrys gone on 18:53 - Jul 9 with 5466 viewssince58

Good luck at youre massive and bankrupt new club. Cheatin fookwrs.
Humphrys gone on 18:55 - Jul 9 with 5447 viewsjoecooke

From Oldham gives it away

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Login to get fewer ads

Humphrys gone on 19:47 - Jul 9 with 5248 viewsdalelee

Where are Wigan getting their money from, or is it the never never again?

Rumoured to be paying Wyke 10k a week??
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 19:47]
Humphrys gone on 19:50 - Jul 9 with 5225 viewsfunkkk

Humphrys gone on 17:00 - Jul 9 by SunningDale

Just the usual empty platitudes and rhetoric that players always come out with whenever leaving or joining a club. Why does anybody take it seriously, they just say what they think will please.

Exactly. Even Wigan fans don’t think they’re massive.
Humphrys gone on 20:05 - Jul 9 with 5134 viewspioneer

Humphrys gone on 19:50 - Jul 9 by funkkk

Exactly. Even Wigan fans don’t think they’re massive.

Maybe he thinks he has signed for the warriors...they are the only massive club in Wigan.
Humphrys gone on 21:55 - Jul 9 with 4930 viewsSalegraham

Humphrys gone on 16:42 - Jul 9 by AllBlueDale

Massive club?
Great history?
Stick to YouTube

History, does that start in 1978 ?
Humphrys gone on 23:06 - Jul 9 with 4795 viewsYorkshire_Dale

My a*se.....They have no history at all!
Humphrys gone on 00:27 - Jul 10 with 4681 viewspioneer

Humphrys gone on 23:06 - Jul 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

My a*se.....They have no history at all!

And only half the number of cups as some former club from near Heywood.

Wigan Borough have more history and are probably playing a pre season friendly against another team that disappeared off the face of the earth in the great football graveyard in the sky.
Humphrys gone on 00:59 - Jul 10 with 4647 viewsDiddyDave

Maybe after being relegated twice in two years with Dale and Southend, he wants to make it a hat trick at Wigan.
Humphrys gone on 14:23 - Jul 10 with 4266 viewsforeverhopefulDale

I for one , don't "wish him well". I have no problems with him going, just don't care about him or his future career outside of our club, not as though he's a legend or long standing loyal player. Wish him no ill nor success.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 15:34]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Humphrys gone on 16:43 - Jul 10 with 4040 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Humphrys gone on 20:05 - Jul 9 by pioneer

Maybe he thinks he has signed for the warriors...they are the only massive club in Wigan.

If he gets much bigger on those pies he has every chance of ending up at the warriors!

Like the above post I could not give a toss if he does well, other than future Dale bonuses. He has hardly done anything for us other than score a few goals, make us a few quid and be injured a lot.

He comes across as a less than bright Biffo that loves to engage mouth/Twitter before considering what he says. The BBM tweet in particular and considering Wigan massive were cringeworthy.

Good luck earning Dale some more cash, other than that you will be remembered for very little!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Humphrys gone on 18:05 - Jul 10 with 3875 viewsnordenblue

Humphrys gone on 16:43 - Jul 10 by Thacks_Rabbits

If he gets much bigger on those pies he has every chance of ending up at the warriors!

Like the above post I could not give a toss if he does well, other than future Dale bonuses. He has hardly done anything for us other than score a few goals, make us a few quid and be injured a lot.

He comes across as a less than bright Biffo that loves to engage mouth/Twitter before considering what he says. The BBM tweet in particular and considering Wigan massive were cringeworthy.

Good luck earning Dale some more cash, other than that you will be remembered for very little!

I'm a bit in that camp to be honest, I fully understand all the make as much money as possible mentality that's currently in most footballers dna, I just felt he may have owed us a bit of loyalty and maybe tried to help put right last years fook ups, but again morals and footballers don't seem to mix very well.
Agree about the bright part he came across as being thick as mince on his social media bollox
Humphrys gone on 20:27 - Jul 10 with 3678 viewsShun

I think we’re in danger of coming across a bit sour grapes here. This isn’t the classy Rochdale response we usually have when a player leaves! He played well when he was fit. It’s a shame that was so rare but he can’t be blamed for his injuries. And, as far as I recall, the reactions to his match vlogs were unanimously positive - he came across very well in them and they helped endear him to the fans.

What he said about Wigan, as someone else has explained, was just arbitrary platitudes that every new player says about their new club. Of course Wigan aren’t a huge club, but they’re bigger than us, can pay much better wages, and play in a division higher.

I’m a bit disappointed he asked to leave but it’s hard to say what the toxicity of the club has been like for the past few weeks as an insider. He’s only ever had good words to say about Dale and the fans so I’ll wish him well.
Humphrys gone on 21:30 - Jul 10 with 3492 viewsbartheslobotomy

did he train last week?
Humphrys gone on 21:36 - Jul 10 with 3466 viewsIOMDale

Humphrys gone on 21:30 - Jul 10 by bartheslobotomy

did he train last week?

Not as far as I know. Downed tools.

UTDNFS

Humphrys gone on 21:44 - Jul 10 with 3403 viewsBrierls

Humphrys gone on 20:27 - Jul 10 by Shun

I think we’re in danger of coming across a bit sour grapes here. This isn’t the classy Rochdale response we usually have when a player leaves! He played well when he was fit. It’s a shame that was so rare but he can’t be blamed for his injuries. And, as far as I recall, the reactions to his match vlogs were unanimously positive - he came across very well in them and they helped endear him to the fans.

What he said about Wigan, as someone else has explained, was just arbitrary platitudes that every new player says about their new club. Of course Wigan aren’t a huge club, but they’re bigger than us, can pay much better wages, and play in a division higher.

I’m a bit disappointed he asked to leave but it’s hard to say what the toxicity of the club has been like for the past few weeks as an insider. He’s only ever had good words to say about Dale and the fans so I’ll wish him well.

Amen to that.

He gave his all for us when he was on the pitch. Granted that wasn’t as often as we’d like due to injury, but we were a much much better side with Humphrys in it.

If the money received can be put towards decent new signings who will play 40+ games a season we’ll have done well out of the deal overall.
Humphrys gone on 22:10 - Jul 10 with 3319 viewsdalebolt

I’d jump ship for 7 grand a week in a higher division
Humphrys gone on 22:13 - Jul 10 with 3304 views1907

Humphrys gone on 21:36 - Jul 10 by IOMDale

Not as far as I know. Downed tools.

Can we have clarity on this? Because I’d been of the opinion that some of our fans were coming across rather classless but if he has actually spat his dummy out & gone to those extents to force a move then those are the kinds of behaviours that should be made public to avoid blame being directed at the new board.
Humphrys gone on 22:28 - Jul 10 with 3261 viewsJames1980

My theory is the relegation probably triggered a clause to reduce his wage. Humphrys and his missus purchased a house I expect based on the wages we were paying him in league one. So not surprised he is after a higher wage.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024