Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockdale it is 18:03 - Jul 10 with 11239 viewsSandyman

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/robbiestockdalenewmanager/
Stockdale it is on 18:05 - Jul 10 with 7668 viewskel

Welcome and good luck!
Stockdale it is on 18:08 - Jul 10 with 7619 viewsboromat

Glad it's been announced now. A busy 4 weeks ahead for him!!

There's an absolute minimum in terms of signings we need by then and the majority are defenders. By the time the window closes we'll also need to bolster midfield and up top. It's scary when you look at how many players we've lost and need to replace.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stockdale it is on 18:08 - Jul 10 with 7613 viewsblackdogblue

Great.. not exactly out celebrating, wish him all the best but reserve my judgement & hopefully he has an attack policy

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Stockdale it is on 18:09 - Jul 10 with 7602 viewsrafc1984

Good luck Robbie, welcome aboard
Stockdale it is on 18:16 - Jul 10 with 7510 viewsJimmyRustler

Happy to give him a chance. Slightly concerned that we have once again gone with someone with little to no experience at a full on managerial level but I’m intrigued to see where it goes
Stockdale it is on 18:19 - Jul 10 with 7466 viewsdholdh

"We want to be really positive and we want to be an attacking team with high energy that supporters enjoy coming to watch"

Well if that's his philosophy, it's certainly sparked my interest over what often felt like "let's keep the ball at the back and try and pass everyone to boredom" last season. I realise we were in League One and we sometimes had to be more cautious, but this is at least what I was looking to hear from a new manager for next.
Stockdale it is on 18:22 - Jul 10 with 7414 viewsNewbury_Dale

Two year contract, no ambiguity. How it should be.
Stockdale it is on 18:28 - Jul 10 with 7347 viewssooty_dale

Really pleased this has been announced so we can now get ready for the season. Let's hope he gets off to a good start. Up the Stockdale
Login to get fewer ads

Stockdale it is on 18:29 - Jul 10 with 7330 viewsDale92

Congratulations to him, best thing we can say really is that the squad is like a blank canvas and the players leftover from last year do have quality for league 2. I can see a lot of under 23 players coming. Which is what we want, we need a few hems to shine as it looks like the production line might be slowing down. Looking at his experience and the clubs he was at in his career, I can see him being pragmatic. Teams like Middlesbrough, Sunderland, West ham, West Brom dont scream Tika taka. I'd expect a solid base with flair players dotted. I'd think maybe a 4231 is what were going to get, maybe some like Newby could blossom in one of those 3 behind

This is the One, I've waited for

Stockdale it is on 18:48 - Jul 10 with 7122 viewsRotherhamDale

Welcome Robbie. A massive task on his hands but I'm delighted we've got someone in from outside the club for some freshness.

Looking forward to seeing who he brings in... They might even be from somewhere other than Ireland...

Possession with progression.

Stockdale it is on 18:53 - Jul 10 with 7097 views1907

Interesting that there’s no mention of assistant etc.

Would like it if we got someone in with experience to support him & continue to encourage the new coaches coming through.
Stockdale it is on 19:01 - Jul 10 with 7032 viewsboromat

Stockdale it is on 18:53 - Jul 10 by 1907

Interesting that there’s no mention of assistant etc.

Would like it if we got someone in with experience to support him & continue to encourage the new coaches coming through.

Doubt we can afford it we've also just signed Jim up as a coach.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stockdale it is on 19:28 - Jul 10 with 6864 viewsfinberty

Good to have someone who wants to be here, and is coming through the front door to do so.
Good luck fella.
Stockdale it is on 19:36 - Jul 10 with 6802 viewsandyk

Good luck to him. Sounds pretty well connected so hopefully will be able to get some decent players in, probably loanees initially
Stockdale it is on 20:07 - Jul 10 with 6629 views_Windydale

Very pleased with this signing

Lift off. A new Manager and hopefully fresh ideas. I'm looking forward to seeing the pre-season take shape at last.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 20:13]
Stockdale it is on 21:35 - Jul 10 with 6196 viewsBrierls

I’m happy with this because it’s a fresh start. A new board choosing their own man who everybody should be able to get behind.

It’s not an internal appointment, which would have been a disaster had the same philosophy would have continued.
It isn’t Keith Hill, who would have divided the fan base before a ball is kicked.
It’s not John McGreal, who would have been immediately tarnished by being the ‘Curran choice’.
It’s Robbie Stockdale, a well regarded coach looking to cut his teeth in management.

Let’s all get behind him! RSBA! Up the StockDALE!
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 21:38]
Stockdale it is on 22:08 - Jul 10 with 6056 viewsdalebolt

Apparently he’s a really nice bloke (same mold as BBM) and although he’s highly regarded as a coach he could do with a real See You Next Tuesday as an assistant!!!
Stockdale it is on 22:26 - Jul 10 with 5989 viewsrkershaw

Stockdale it is on 22:08 - Jul 10 by dalebolt

Apparently he’s a really nice bloke (same mold as BBM) and although he’s highly regarded as a coach he could do with a real See You Next Tuesday as an assistant!!!

Played in the same defence as a certain Gareth Southgate at Middlesbrough (2004-05 season)......
Stockdale it is on 22:33 - Jul 10 with 5946 viewsnordenblue

Stockdale it is on 22:08 - Jul 10 by dalebolt

There's a former ceo that would fit that criteria to perfection and currently out of work 👌
Stockdale it is on 22:52 - Jul 10 with 5874 viewsEllDale

Good luck and welcome to the bloke.
In a sense he’s lucky; if Dale make a slow start to the season he’ll have a couple of ready made excuses like being appointed partway through preseason and inheriting a threadbare squad.
One of his first jobs (apart from signing six players!) will be to get anyone else in BBM’s gang who is disenchanted onside and persuade them not to follow Humphrys out of the door. There will be some interesting conversations in that respect but I’m sure that the board will have briefed him on what to expect.
The post above about his back room staff is interesting.
I heard somewhere that Andy Ritchie would have got the manager’s job at Spotland on front of Keith Hill when Steve Parkin was sacked but for the fact that he wanted to bring with him two assistants plus a physiotherapist. This was deemed to be too expensive.
Stockdale may not be able to bring in dozens of staff but Riley’s position could be in jeopardy if he was a disciple of slow, possession based football and his new boss favours a more direct style.
It would be nice if Jim McNulty could continue and his influence may also be crucial in stopping further player departures I suppose.
Stockdale it is on 08:39 - Jul 11 with 5442 viewsNorthernDale

I presume Riley and McNulty will operate in the role of supporting coaches, a bit like the system was under BBM.
Stockdale it is on 09:23 - Jul 11 with 5311 views1907

Stockdale it is on 08:39 - Jul 11 by NorthernDale

I presume Riley and McNulty will operate in the role of supporting coaches, a bit like the system was under BBM.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Riley move on. He was very much BBMs man & would probably expect to see him at City with BBM once he’s confirmed.
Stockdale it is on 09:52 - Jul 11 with 5206 viewselectricblue

Stockdale it is on 09:23 - Jul 11 by 1907

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Riley move on. He was very much BBMs man & would probably expect to see him at City with BBM once he’s confirmed.

Welcome Robbie.
Great to read something actually positive from the man himself..

"He has done a great deal of research about our club and is already aware of the areas of strength and weaknesses within our squad, and he is undoubtedly ready to hit the ground running. It is a real coup for Rochdale AFC to attract a manager of Robbie’s quality.

“His reputation as a coach will help us attract highest quality of player to the club.”

Speaks volumes about what we can expect.........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stockdale it is on 09:57 - Jul 11 with 5179 viewsjonahwhereru

Happy with this first big move by the new board. Well done to them and Stockdale.
He will benefit from the supporters generally having low expectations for a while. We understand the season could have a slow start.
Much prefer this type of appointment, as opposed to a manager with a bag full of clubs on their cv, and mixed results, e.g Evans, Peter Taylor. Looking forward to seeing who he can bring in.

Slightly different topic, but just wonder if any second year scholars might be invited back into the fold. Given the strong rumours that non footballing staff had a grubby hand in them being released.
Stockdale it is on 09:59 - Jul 11 with 5167 viewsSunningDale

Stockdale it is on 09:52 - Jul 11 by electricblue

Welcome Robbie.
Great to read something actually positive from the man himself..

"He has done a great deal of research about our club and is already aware of the areas of strength and weaknesses within our squad, and he is undoubtedly ready to hit the ground running. It is a real coup for Rochdale AFC to attract a manager of Robbie’s quality.

“His reputation as a coach will help us attract highest quality of player to the club.”

Speaks volumes about what we can expect.........

That's from the man himself? Does he always refer to himself in the 3rd person?

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024