Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baggies U23s... 06:36 - Jul 11 with 4755 viewsYadHoDale

... squad (according to Wikipedia) contains the following likely lads:

Defender Saul Shotton, who started as a youth player at Bury, left when they imploded and was picked up by WBA. Not played for the first team, spent part of last season on loan at Woking in the National League. As a lurker on the Beardy board (never disliked Bury, reserving my disdain for the Biffos) I seem to remember him being rated as promising by the saner members of the forum.

Midfielder Finn Azaz was on loan at Cheltenham last season, and was a regular in their promotion side. The snag there is that they might want him again.

Forward Callum Norton had a loan spell with Northampton a couple of years ago, scoring in their L2 playoff win. Was on a season's loan at Lincoln last year, but missed a chunk of the season due to a shoulder injury.

All will presumably be well known to Robbie Stockdale...
Baggies U23s... on 10:06 - Jul 11 with 4494 viewsSheffield_dale

Saul Shotton very much a ball playing CB in the mould of Hayden Roberts.

He recently signed a new contract at WBA so it's now or never for him to make the step into league football
Baggies U23s... on 11:28 - Jul 11 with 4341 viewsShun

Callum Morton would be a great loan signing.
Baggies U23s... on 11:38 - Jul 11 with 4315 viewsEllDale

I suppose that there’s a difference between knowing these players and having the ability to get them on loan.
All three sound like they’d fit the bill though, good research.
But have WBA got a left back who’s available?
Baggies U23s... on 12:43 - Jul 11 with 4186 viewsspringfieldparka

I did a bit of digging on a similar theme around under23's released by WBA around the 20/21 age group . There were quite a number including 2/3 centre backs , a couple of full backs and midfielders , and one French striker who looked quite promising .

Not suggesting any of these would be preferred signings , but might be on the club's radar following RS's appointment if he feels they have potential from his previous knowledge of them .
Baggies U23s... on 16:08 - Jul 11 with 3964 viewsalderleydale

Baggies U23s... on 12:43 - Jul 11 by springfieldparka

I did a bit of digging on a similar theme around under23's released by WBA around the 20/21 age group . There were quite a number including 2/3 centre backs , a couple of full backs and midfielders , and one French striker who looked quite promising .

Not suggesting any of these would be preferred signings , but might be on the club's radar following RS's appointment if he feels they have potential from his previous knowledge of them .

WBA released a young holding midfielder called Tom Solanke
20 years of age, so the right age
Currently on trial at Port Vale.
Baggies U23s... on 12:30 - Jul 12 with 3529 viewsBucketBstard

None of them fill me with any confidence tbh , but lets see.
Baggies U23s... on 12:50 - Jul 12 with 3461 viewsTVOS1907

Baggies U23s... on 12:30 - Jul 12 by BucketBstard

None of them fill me with any confidence tbh , but lets see.

You'd say that if we signed half of the Italian team from last night.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Baggies U23s... on 09:45 - Jul 13 with 3068 viewsAtThePeake

Baggies U23s... on 11:28 - Jul 11 by Shun

Callum Morton would be a great loan signing.

Excellent player, but I'd be surprised if West Brom would be happy with him playing L2 football at this stage.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Baggies U23s... on 10:20 - Jul 13 with 3007 viewsBucketBstard

Baggies U23s... on 12:50 - Jul 12 by TVOS1907

You'd say that if we signed half of the Italian team from last night.

LOL , I must admit TVOS I would because I dont like cheats , even found it sour when Frankie Gamble knocked the ball out of the goalies hands , was it against Wrexham? And didnt care for Barry Diamond after that Stockport game , could cope with Whitehall and Buckley falling over rather easily though :-) . I just meant I would like to see him pick a few older heads which is what we are going to need and unfortunately signing McNumpty on an extra year isnt going to help since L2 is still above his current level .
Baggies U23s... on 19:59 - Jul 13 with 2758 viewsEllDale

Perhaps it may just as pertinent to look at some of the players that RS worked with at Sunderland.
The players that he coached in that really successful under 21 team will be in their mid 20’s now and there are plenty of other players who came and went at the Stadium of Light.
Good, seasoned professionals, not necessarily broken toys.
I’ll throw one name in to start with; Donald Love.
Baggies U23s... on 20:04 - Jul 13 with 2750 viewsTVOS1907

Baggies U23s... on 10:20 - Jul 13 by BucketBstard

LOL , I must admit TVOS I would because I dont like cheats , even found it sour when Frankie Gamble knocked the ball out of the goalies hands , was it against Wrexham? And didnt care for Barry Diamond after that Stockport game , could cope with Whitehall and Buckley falling over rather easily though :-) . I just meant I would like to see him pick a few older heads which is what we are going to need and unfortunately signing McNumpty on an extra year isnt going to help since L2 is still above his current level .

He'll hardly play, so I wouldn't worry.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Baggies U23s... on 00:19 - Jul 14 with 2477 viewsspringfieldparka

Baggies U23s... on 19:59 - Jul 13 by EllDale

Perhaps it may just as pertinent to look at some of the players that RS worked with at Sunderland.
The players that he coached in that really successful under 21 team will be in their mid 20’s now and there are plenty of other players who came and went at the Stadium of Light.
Good, seasoned professionals, not necessarily broken toys.
I’ll throw one name in to start with; Donald Love.

Hmmmm ; decent shout !
Baggies U23s... on 13:51 - Jul 27 with 1812 viewsShun

Callum Morton signs for Fleetwood.
Baggies U23s... on 13:57 - Jul 27 with 1774 viewsYadHoDale

Baggies U23s... on 13:51 - Jul 27 by Shun

Callum Morton signs for Fleetwood.

And Finn Azaz signs for Newport on loan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024