Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hopes for the 2021/22 season 22:02 - Jul 18 with 3910 viewsRAFCBLUE

What are your top 5 hopes for the coming season?

Here are mine:

1. Getting back into actually going to games
2. A different style of football under Robbie Stockdale than BBM
3. Stability throughout the club
4. Manchester City away in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup
5. Mid-table stability building a squad that can have a proper go at automatic promotion in 2022/23.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 22:22 - Jul 18 with 3846 viewsboromat

Similar for me as well.

1) Keeping the club fan owned and out of the hands of crooks.
2) Stability on and off the pitch. Includes maintaining our EFL status, creating new investment opportunities and income streams for the club
3) Getting back to Spotland with decent crowds. I'll be there on Tuesday for the first time since we all stopped.
4) Being able to go back to talking about football again on here.
5) Stretch goal is some success on the pitch in whatever form that takes.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 22:23 - Jul 18 with 3841 viewsDaleiLama

1. Issuance and securing of shares such that the nonsense of the past month can never happen again.
2. A striker to pair with Bees that produces plenty of goals in L2
3. Looking forward to going to games again rather than just sitting in a seat I'd paid to sit in just because I'd paid to sit in it.
4. Stockdale living up to everyone's hopes. His post match interviews already trump the previous 2 incumbents.
5. Seeing Cloughie's statue. Never met him in person but I think everyone who sees it will want to give it a pat for luck (like rubbing Buddha's belly)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 22:29 - Jul 18 with 3812 viewsSuddenLad

1) The disappearance of circling sharks with bad intentions and dubious backgrounds

2) Competitive, attractive football to a high standard that keeps us in/near the play-offs

3) Vast improvement in commercial off-field enterprises

4) Less off-field shenanigans, which detract from the team and week-to-week matches

5) In a perfect season, an immediate return to League One, in better shape than we left it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 22:56 - Jul 18 with 3761 views_Windydale

1. A brave team that tries its best and doesn't give up. One that fights for the win.
2. A core group of supporters that enjoy singing throughout, to create some atmosphere
3. A youth team star to play regularly. To turn heads in the press, and pick up some plaudits.
4. A not so stubborn Manager, who doesn't stick to a script even if we are losing.
5. A return to 80's terrace fashion. Sergio Tacchini, elesse and Fila gear.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 22:57]
Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 09:41 - Jul 19 with 3334 viewsNewbury_Dale

1. The season starts and finishes with fans in attendance.
2. A better quality of 'go forward' football.
3. The likes of Morley, O'Connell, Grant & Rathbone consistently show their quality at this level.
4. Some sense of financial stability for the club.
5. A share issues for supporters only.
Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 14:34 - Jul 19 with 3064 viewsjonahwhereru

1. That the club remains in the hands of people who are emotionally invested in it
2. Everyone is cautiously respectful of fellow supporters in the ground
3. The supporters give everyone in the shirt and management a chance, including Done
4. The team manage at least mid table respectability
5. By this time next year another 3 or more academy players sign pro contracts

Lads I am in the vulnerable category and living in Essex so will not be attending for some time. Can you please give it some welly for me in the name of David Clough before the first game.
Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 15:21 - Jul 19 with 2963 viewsncfc_chalky

1. Stability for the supporters of RAFC and the charlatans and sharks that have been circling the club are finally seen off for good

2. Notts to finally get back into League Two so there will be at least two games that will guarantee banter on here but unfortunately it won't be easy,I think that Notts was 4th favourites the last time that I looked

3. Everyone will get back behind Dale and get some much needed money into the club by buying season tickets or will at least try to make as many games as possible and potd

4. I'm going to come up to Spotland for a couple of games as now they are officially my second club I think that it's only right plus I want to see the Cloughy statue

5. And finally.... Please,please God make it easy for the Daley's to navigate around the new ticketing system and they don't go up to the turnstiles with cash in hand only to be turned away confused that it's an all ticket entry...

Don't go home disappointed Daley's,just go to the ticket office and buy a ticket and then go back to the turnstile

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 17:05 - Jul 19 with 2778 viewsboromat

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 15:21 - Jul 19 by ncfc_chalky

1. Stability for the supporters of RAFC and the charlatans and sharks that have been circling the club are finally seen off for good

2. Notts to finally get back into League Two so there will be at least two games that will guarantee banter on here but unfortunately it won't be easy,I think that Notts was 4th favourites the last time that I looked

3. Everyone will get back behind Dale and get some much needed money into the club by buying season tickets or will at least try to make as many games as possible and potd

4. I'm going to come up to Spotland for a couple of games as now they are officially my second club I think that it's only right plus I want to see the Cloughy statue

5. And finally.... Please,please God make it easy for the Daley's to navigate around the new ticketing system and they don't go up to the turnstiles with cash in hand only to be turned away confused that it's an all ticket entry...

Don't go home disappointed Daley's,just go to the ticket office and buy a ticket and then go back to the turnstile

6) Avoid playing Notts C next year. (Fook off chalky )

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 18:08 - Jul 19 with 2661 viewsncfc_chalky

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 17:05 - Jul 19 by boromat

6) Avoid playing Notts C next year. (Fook off chalky )

Aye I don't want to see Dale relegated either

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 19:53 - Jul 19 with 2526 viewsNorthernDale

I would say my primary aims are, which if we can achieve, I would be happy come next May.

1. Avoid relegation - the conference is tough and we would struggle to get out of the division, there are many good sides including Notts county, Stockport and Chesterfield for example.

2. I want us to be challenging for promotion, if possible.

3. Stability in the boardroom, with the scam artists not connected to the club in any shape or form.
Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 22:30 - Jul 21 with 2215 viewsJames1980

I concur with the other hopes already posted. From a selfish point playing Brighton at The Amex would be good.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 11:56]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 12:53 - Jul 22 with 2001 viewskrafty80

1. A united fanbase which looks forward to attending games in decent numbers

2. A stable board making evidence-based decisions for the long term good of the club (even if those decisions may not at times be universally popular)

3. A home-grown/developed youngster making a real impression in the first team

4. Tangible signs of improvement in the club's relationship with its community, repairing some of the damage of the Goldbond fiasco (and 'Carriages-gate' before that etc)

5. Clear messaging on things like travel to away games and exile travel to home games (I am an exile, hence self-interest here!), so people feel confident to spend money on tickets, transport etc even if the Covid pandemic clearly isn't going to be over this year
Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 14:12 - Jul 22 with 1859 viewsDaley_Lama

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 12:53 - Jul 22 by krafty80

1. A united fanbase which looks forward to attending games in decent numbers

2. A stable board making evidence-based decisions for the long term good of the club (even if those decisions may not at times be universally popular)

3. A home-grown/developed youngster making a real impression in the first team

4. Tangible signs of improvement in the club's relationship with its community, repairing some of the damage of the Goldbond fiasco (and 'Carriages-gate' before that etc)

5. Clear messaging on things like travel to away games and exile travel to home games (I am an exile, hence self-interest here!), so people feel confident to spend money on tickets, transport etc even if the Covid pandemic clearly isn't going to be over this year

1. Fans not booing players for kneeling.
2. Fans not shouting ‘shooooot’ if we get into the opposition half
3. Fans not shouting ‘keepers on’ every time a player receives the ball having previously passed it to the keeper
4. Fans not sitting in my seat
5. The title in Feb

Well, i started asking for the impossible so i figured i would end with the most likely. 😀

Poll: DF in or out

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 15:29 - Jul 22 with 1758 viewsrkershaw

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 14:12 - Jul 22 by Daley_Lama

1. Fans not booing players for kneeling.
2. Fans not shouting ‘shooooot’ if we get into the opposition half
3. Fans not shouting ‘keepers on’ every time a player receives the ball having previously passed it to the keeper
4. Fans not sitting in my seat
5. The title in Feb

Well, i started asking for the impossible so i figured i would end with the most likely. 😀

1) More opportunities to view the game from the Reside stand
2) Not to concede so many goals from set pieces
3) Not to concede so many goals in additional time
4) Not to win the fair play award for the umpteenth consecutive season.
5) To nuture a winning mentality.....come win / lose or draw!!!
Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 16:59 - Jul 22 with 1610 viewselectricblue

1, Hope that there are no more wasters after the club.
2, The Trust purchase more shares.
3, Stockdale gives supporters a team show the old no fear in games...
4, Defend corners and set pieces.
5, Finish the season in the top 5.
6, Wembley here we come and promoted.
7 Stockdale signs a 2 year extension summer 2022..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 17:00 - Jul 22 with 1606 viewsjacko_dale

1. Andy Curran to do one.

2. To enjoy watching Rochdale again.

I'm a man of simple pleasures!
Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 19:22 - Jul 23 with 1146 viewsdavidab2202

1) Robbie Stockdale is given a fair chance in what may be a tricky start to the season
2) Support given to whoever is wearing the shirt ,they are trying their best and wouldn't be a Pro Footballer without having a certain amount of Talent in the first place
3) Supporters show respect to each other and respect whatever covid measures are deemed necessary.
4) That at some stage of the season I will be able to travel back to the UK and get to watch my beloved Dale without having to do double somersaults and half a dozen tests to even be allowed into the Country.
5 Curran and Chums F**K Off back over Owd Betts or wherever and are never darken our door ever again
Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 19:44 - Jul 23 with 1107 views442Dale

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 19:22 - Jul 23 by davidab2202

1) Robbie Stockdale is given a fair chance in what may be a tricky start to the season
2) Support given to whoever is wearing the shirt ,they are trying their best and wouldn't be a Pro Footballer without having a certain amount of Talent in the first place
3) Supporters show respect to each other and respect whatever covid measures are deemed necessary.
4) That at some stage of the season I will be able to travel back to the UK and get to watch my beloved Dale without having to do double somersaults and half a dozen tests to even be allowed into the Country.
5 Curran and Chums F**K Off back over Owd Betts or wherever and are never darken our door ever again

Your number 3 is a good one, which could be added to by being more accepting of others feelings and circumstances and for us all to not be so bloody selfish in demanding everything suits ourselves.

Also...
1. Get the off the field situation on an even keel, with no threats of takeovers and shares being distributed in such a way which heads off such problems in the future.
2. A club which focuses on customer feedback at all times, actively seeking it on all aspects.
3. A team which plays football in the opposition half and looks to get balls in the box forcing the other team to defend.
4. Some solid, lower league defenders and a keeper who concentrate on keeping the ball out of the net.
5. Half decent in the league, maybe a cup run.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hopes for the 2021/22 season on 20:44 - Jul 23 with 1042 viewsYadHoDale

Five non-Dale-related hopes:
1. Newly minted Stockport and Soap Oprah Wrecsam do not achieve promotion to the EFL. Any two of Grimsby, Chesterfield, Torquay, Dagenham, Chalky FC or (if the football gods insist on Tinpot representation) Kings Lynn to come up.

2. AFC Bury (Phoenix) to have a decent season, maybe going up.

3. Leeds to win the Premiership. Applies to both soccer and Egg Chasing.

4. Ross County to win the SPL, keeping the trophy as far away from Glasgow as possible.

5. France fail to qualify for the 2022 World Cup.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024