Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock 20:34 - Jul 19 with 13471 views100notout

Great communication from the club - just one of the massive improvements on the previous shambles.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/guide_rotherhamunited/

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 21:08 - Jul 19 with 9153 viewsboromat

Agree pre-match guides have been great and probably even more worthwhile than normal at the moment with I'm sure quite a bit on anxiety for some when it comes to going to events with alot of people.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 21:39 - Jul 19 with 9082 viewsDaleiLama

We are starting to feel like a proper club again

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 18:48 - Jul 20 with 8615 viewsboromat

Looks like 4 new trialists in the squad all look like younger players 3 of them start alongside Jim in the back 4.

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 20:35 - Jul 20 with 8016 viewsmightydale

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 18:48 - Jul 20 by boromat

Looks like 4 new trialists in the squad all look like younger players 3 of them start alongside Jim in the back 4.

Humphreys who ??
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 20:35]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 21:21 - Jul 20 with 7561 viewsSuddenLad

Another good workout. 2-2 draw after being 2-0 up via Beesley from the spot and then again soon after with a great strike, following good approach work.

Multi-substitutions again, including what appeared to be Daniel Bentley in the Dale goal, previously with Bristol City, Brentford and Southend.

Looking better each game. Some attractive football and well-worked moves.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 21:31 - Jul 20 with 7426 viewsRotherhamDale

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 21:21 - Jul 20 by SuddenLad

Another good workout. 2-2 draw after being 2-0 up via Beesley from the spot and then again soon after with a great strike, following good approach work.

Multi-substitutions again, including what appeared to be Daniel Bentley in the Dale goal, previously with Bristol City, Brentford and Southend.

Looking better each game. Some attractive football and well-worked moves.

Dan Bentley?! Yes please!

Possession with progression.

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 21:34 - Jul 20 with 7420 viewsEllDale

Wow I’d like to think it was Bentley but isn’t he under contract at Bristol City!?
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 21:40 - Jul 20 with 7305 viewsSuddenLad

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 21:31 - Jul 20 by RotherhamDale

Dan Bentley?! Yes please!

Just passing on what was said by a couple of Sandy Laners leaving the ground. Time will tell.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 21:44 - Jul 20 with 7270 viewsEllDale

How did the other trialists look?
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 21:46 - Jul 20 with 7232 viewsmilnrowblue

I did think it was Dan Bentley at first, however just a quick peep at his Instagram he won Bristol City’s Player of the Season in 20/21, so would highly doubt it - hope I’m proven wrong!

A solid performance, the CB trialist impressed me, the others were good enough as well although not standout.

Looking forward to seeing who we bring in and how Stockdale builds on it, as after tonight I’m quietly impressed!

(Edit - Dan Bentley played for Bristol in a friendly at 2pm today against Pompey, so even more unlikely, but whoever the keeper was the spitting image)
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 21:49]
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 21:49 - Jul 20 with 7168 viewsDaleFan7

We played well and we certainly play with much more intent than we have.

The only criticism I'd have had in the first half was that we were so reluctant to shoot even though we got into numerous great positions.

The trialists were solid without being spectacular.

Cant see that goalkeeper having been Bentley. If it was, wouldn't have been impressed by how he left the cross for their second goal for someone so experienced.
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 22:09 - Jul 20 with 6880 viewsdingdangblue

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 20:35 - Jul 20 by mightydale

Humphreys who ??
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 20:35]

Funnily enough he scored his 1st Wigan goal tonight in a 1-0 win at Fylde. A stunning freekick apparently.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 22:11 - Jul 20 with 6848 viewsEllDale

Another scorer tonight was Chris Dagnall, playing for Hanley Town against someone called AFC Bury.
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 22:24 - Jul 20 with 6714 viewsboromat

Some thoughts for what they're worth

First half we looked brilliant especially in midfield and up top made lots of chances and got the ball into the box without getting that real clear cut opportunity to grab a goal

The midfield 3 of Morley Rathbone and Grant oozes creativity. And Grant is the closest player we've had to McCourt with his control and the way he can glide past a man. We are missing that grit and physicality in there however which will be needed at times.

Unfortunately in that first half Rotherham barely tested our back four so it was difficult to judge the trialists too much. The left back playing in the number 3 shirt was called Reece and got lots of advice and encouragement from Rathbone and Jim. He seemed likeable but looked lost to me and wasn't up to the speed of the game, on that performance alone I wouldn't sign him. The number 22 played centre back and again I wasn't too impressed made more fouls than challenges and struggled in the physical battle not a first team option, he did pull off an incredible block in the second half. The right back in the number 5 shirt was more impressive as he looked more assured and did little wrong. Had pace and strength but probably similar to a Rafferty in terms of technical ability from the short appearance. Also looked like he could fill in at centre back so worth more of a look at I'd say.

Second half fell to pieces once the subs rolled in. Trialist keeper looked old skool big tall, lots of shouting but dubious footwork and kicking.

Beesley was brilliant but that first half showed we could do with goalscorer.

Most importantly it was great to get back in the ground and see a team play with more impetus on getting the ball into dangerous areas and creating chance whether that was tippy tappy or direct it didn't matter what did matter was high energy levels and effort with the emphasis on playing the percentages. Very much a Big Sam style I would say.

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 22:59 - Jul 20 with 6442 viewsTVOS1907

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 21:49 - Jul 20 by DaleFan7

We played well and we certainly play with much more intent than we have.

The only criticism I'd have had in the first half was that we were so reluctant to shoot even though we got into numerous great positions.

The trialists were solid without being spectacular.

Cant see that goalkeeper having been Bentley. If it was, wouldn't have been impressed by how he left the cross for their second goal for someone so experienced.

... especially as Bentley was on the bench for Bristol City against Portsmouth today.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 23:48 - Jul 20 with 6185 views49thseason

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 22:24 - Jul 20 by boromat

First half we looked brilliant especially in midfield and up top made lots of chances and got the ball into the box without getting that real clear cut opportunity to grab a goal

The midfield 3 of Morley Rathbone and Grant oozes creativity. And Grant is the closest player we've had to McCourt with his control and the way he can glide past a man. We are missing that grit and physicality in there however which will be needed at times.

Unfortunately in that first half Rotherham barely tested our back four so it was difficult to judge the trialists too much. The left back playing in the number 3 shirt was called Reece and got lots of advice and encouragement from Rathbone and Jim. He seemed likeable but looked lost to me and wasn't up to the speed of the game, on that performance alone I wouldn't sign him. The number 22 played centre back and again I wasn't too impressed made more fouls than challenges and struggled in the physical battle not a first team option, he did pull off an incredible block in the second half. The right back in the number 5 shirt was more impressive as he looked more assured and did little wrong. Had pace and strength but probably similar to a Rafferty in terms of technical ability from the short appearance. Also looked like he could fill in at centre back so worth more of a look at I'd say.

Second half fell to pieces once the subs rolled in. Trialist keeper looked old skool big tall, lots of shouting but dubious footwork and kicking.

Most importantly it was great to get back in the ground and see a team play with more impetus on getting the ball into dangerous areas and creating chance whether that was tippy tappy or direct it didn't matter what did matter was high energy levels and effort with the emphasis on playing the percentages. Very much a Big Sam style I would say.

The whole performance was puposeful and high energy, Rathbone looked like a man reborn, his pace and enthusiasm returned, The whole team were pinging the ball about like Brazil for the first 30 minutes or so. Playing like this in L2 will see a return to "footballing them to death". I thought the trialists at the back did OK even the left back, the ball was moved from defence to attack quickly, there always seemed to be a wide option and they moved the ball far more easily than at any time in the last 3 or 4 seasons. Whatever Stockdale is preaching seems to be having an effect, even Done tried to stay onside! The second half was a bigger test and Rotherham tried to overload down their right with some success. Once the substitutes started to get onto the pitch. Rotherham became more threatening scoring a good goal from their right side and a scrappy equaliser from a ball tossed into the box at the death. I imagine Stockdale must be very encouraged that his coaching is having such a marked effect so quickly. Long may it continue but we do need to make some signings.
Stockdales view of the game:
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 00:25 - Jul 21 with 6040 views_Windydale

Good interview.

Better than the auctioneer BBM who spoke so rapidly in his, using the same stock catchphrases. Maybe he lost some of the squad at times when failing to concentrate on his quick match instructions.

I was a BBM fan until he legged it. being the polar opposite of the moody HIll. However, Stockdale interviews are well worth a listen.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 8:05]
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 06:00 - Jul 21 with 5680 viewsseasidedale

Couldn’t get there yesterday, where the 2 trialist who played v Fleetwood playing last night or where they different trialists
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 06:49 - Jul 21 with 5580 viewsNIGELdale

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 06:00 - Jul 21 by seasidedale

Couldn’t get there yesterday, where the 2 trialist who played v Fleetwood playing last night or where they different trialists

Different ones apart from the left back who was the same.
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 07:42 - Jul 21 with 5449 viewsBeechball

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 22:24 - Jul 20 by boromat

Left back trialist likely is Reece Hutchinson from Burton. made just one appearance for them last year..
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 7:53]
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 12:46 - Jul 21 with 4777 viewsboromat

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 07:42 - Jul 21 by Beechball

Left back trialist likely is Reece Hutchinson from Burton. made just one appearance for them last year..
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 7:53]

Yes does look like him. Didn't play liked he'd had so many games in League One. Maybe a lack of games last season is the issue.

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 13:12 - Jul 21 with 4639 viewsDaleiLama

That's how to take a pen!

Good tackle by #3 (trialist) high up the pitch to create the second too.

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 14:34 - Jul 21 with 4380 viewsKnowlesy

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 13:12 - Jul 21 by DaleiLama

That's how to take a pen!

Good tackle by #3 (trialist) high up the pitch to create the second too.

I haven't watched either of the games so this doesn't really mean anything, but I've liked what I've seen of the number 3 we've had on trial. Watched periods of the Youtube stream afterwards and everything I saw him do was quite positive; a couple of clever interceptions, a few good exchanges with Odoh, and then this tackle that sets up the second goal last night.

Maybe he's a bit raw defensively, but he's still relatively young and made a decent enough amount of first team appearances for Burton. Let's not forget that we're in League 2 now and we're not gonna get the finished product are we. Stockdale must see something in him to keep him on trial for a second game.
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 15:08 - Jul 21 with 4283 viewsDaleiLama

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 14:34 - Jul 21 by Knowlesy

I haven't watched either of the games so this doesn't really mean anything, but I've liked what I've seen of the number 3 we've had on trial. Watched periods of the Youtube stream afterwards and everything I saw him do was quite positive; a couple of clever interceptions, a few good exchanges with Odoh, and then this tackle that sets up the second goal last night.

Maybe he's a bit raw defensively, but he's still relatively young and made a decent enough amount of first team appearances for Burton. Let's not forget that we're in League 2 now and we're not gonna get the finished product are we. Stockdale must see something in him to keep him on trial for a second game.

With you there Knowlesy - he looks good on the ball, looks to get forward quickly and seems to be a decent ball player. Came in for some criticism on the Fleetwood thread (getting skinned) and he may well need to work on some things defensively, but I saw him in a bit of a Luke Shaw type mould and thought he could do a job for us on that basis. Sure RS will have seen more than us to inform his decision though. From what I've seen so far, I'd like to see more.

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 15:20 - Jul 21 with 4227 viewsIOMDale

Rotherham's gallery from last night, which is obviously less reticent about including photos of our trialists:

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2021/july/gallery--rochdale-v-millers/

UTDNFS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024