Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is happening with I-Follow for this season 22:05 - Jul 21 with 4598 viewsStAnnesDale

Due to illness and treatment meaning the COVID vaccinations don't work, I will need to isolate for at least the 21/22 season. Last season I was able to watch Dale on I-Follow every week due to spectators not being allowed to attend matches.

I am not sure what will happen this season. Will it revert back to only being accessible for people abroad, or maybe games where away fans are not allowed?

Despite the relaxations and potential return to full capacity, I suspect there maybe a few others who even if vaccinated may not feel entirely safe joining crowds, but who would like to continue watching I-Follow in the UK. I know I would be more than happy to buy a season ticket for I-follow home games so the club would not lose money in comparison with me attending matches. I would also like to subscribe for each away game, like last season if possible.

Does anyone know what the position is likely to be this season?
What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:11 - Jul 21 with 4554 viewsncfc_chalky

I -follow was available before Covid and could be viewed if you lived in the UK,I can't see you having any problem watching it this season at about a tenner a game

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:14 - Jul 21 with 4534 viewsJames1980

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:11 - Jul 21 by ncfc_chalky

I -follow was available before Covid and could be viewed if you lived in the UK,I can't see you having any problem watching it this season at about a tenner a game

Pre Covid live games were only available to overseas punters. Might be able to access using VPN but streaming services are starting to block VPN usage.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:16 - Jul 21 with 4526 views442Dale

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:11 - Jul 21 by ncfc_chalky

No, people did it no doubt using VPNs, but it wasn’t available to fans in the UK to watch live at 3pm on a Saturday.

They stated it would remain as a service until stadiums were able to open at 100%, that’s now the case. Whether that decision will be reviewed, time will tell. It’ll be something that will have to be agreed across the board, very doubtful individual clubs can do things differently.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:19 - Jul 21 with 4508 viewsDalenet

They were quite late to make a decision last season. The iFollow webpage still refers to last seasons solution being temporary and will continue until stadium restrictions are lifted. So doesn't sound hopeful for you. It is an EFL decision and the club don't control it. But there is time yet - and if all the clubs put pressure on the EFL they may well surrender and for once show some empathy with fans. But the EFL isn't known for being fan focussed.
What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:23 - Jul 21 with 4485 viewsncfc_chalky

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:14 - Jul 21 by James1980

Pre Covid live games were only available to overseas punters. Might be able to access using VPN but streaming services are starting to block VPN usage.

I stand corrected James,after a quick chat with my mate who supplied me with a link to Notts away games it turns out that...well...erm... It wasn't entirely legal m'lud

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:29 - Jul 21 with 4437 viewsD_Alien

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:23 - Jul 21 by ncfc_chalky

I stand corrected James,after a quick chat with my mate who supplied me with a link to Notts away games it turns out that...well...erm... It wasn't entirely legal m'lud

Away games have always been legally accessible to fans via i-Follow, chalky - that was the whole point of it

Edit: but if you mean your mate supplied a free link, that's a different matter

[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 22:32]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:35 - Jul 21 with 4399 viewsncfc_chalky

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:29 - Jul 21 by D_Alien

Away games have always been legally accessible to fans via i-Follow, chalky - that was the whole point of it

He said that the link was from abroad

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 00:13 - Jul 23 with 3837 viewsmikehunt

I wonder if it would be possible for t’Dale to offer an away games iFollow package for the season? Might be a little money spinner at the right price.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Login to get fewer ads

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 07:46 - Jul 23 with 3723 viewsDalenet

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:29 - Jul 21 by D_Alien

Not sure that is true. You couldn't buy an iFollow pass for a game, home or away, for a Saturday afternoon game unless abroad. I seem to recall being able to buy them for Tuesday night games. Its all to do with how the broadcast contracts are written to protect TV like Sky and BT Sports.

Anyway the club has no control over it and the EFL has to determine what to do and negotiate with the broadcasters if they want fans to be able to see games on iFollow
What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 13:32 - Jul 23 with 3466 viewsboromat

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 07:46 - Jul 23 by Dalenet

Not sure that is true. You couldn't buy an iFollow pass for a game, home or away, for a Saturday afternoon game unless abroad. I seem to recall being able to buy them for Tuesday night games. Its all to do with how the broadcast contracts are written to protect TV like Sky and BT Sports.

Anyway the club has no control over it and the EFL has to determine what to do and negotiate with the broadcasters if they want fans to be able to see games on iFollow

Yes Tuesday night away games were available as long as they weren't being shown on TV.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 15:29 - Jul 23 with 3387 viewsdholdh

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 07:46 - Jul 23 by Dalenet

It was all to do with the 3pm Saturday blackout period that the leagues have had in place for years, so evening games weren't affected:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_on_television#3pm_%22blackout%22

I'd be surprised if they don't reinstate it with stadiums reopening.
What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 18:37 - Jul 23 with 3249 viewsNigeriamark

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 22:14 - Jul 21 by James1980

I think companies will struggle to block all VPNs. I live overseas & have used I follow from the beginning. When I come to the UK I don't have any problem watching from my VPN if I can't go to the game live

I would imagine a large number of I -Follow watchers are probably based in the UK, & you can get a good VPN for about 50 GBP a year
What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 19:05 - Jul 23 with 3215 viewsCleedale

I can possibly add to this topic as I've had a reply from EFL for the very same reason. Living so far away, but not overseas, the trek to COA no longer gives me the buzz; the journeying, the finance and just getting longer in the tooth are all partly to blame.

However, last season, I saw every iFollow encounter that was streamed and spent much more than a season ticket.

Anyway, I won't re-paste what they said as it was a tad confusing. Most appeared to say that they'd accomodate those "who are unable to attend due to circumstances".

I have a feeling that they've (or the chap who replied to me) got this wrong as EFL would have to abide by the broadcasting rights. As already stated above, the sacrosanct time of 3pm-5pm on a Saturday would be no-go; unless of course you live abroad!!!

Also, there's been plenty of policy change from the government's point-of-view since I received the email but I will be questioning them again. (the EFL btw)!!!

Clubs have to abide by the EFL and the EFL have to abide by the broadcasters as it's their money that filters down for the most part to keep us all going. Hence the huge cut in money for last season.
What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 21:31 - Jul 23 with 3114 viewsStAnnesDale

Just to update everyone. I e-mailed the Chief Operating Officer at Dale and got a great reply in less than 24 hours. Much credit to him for his reply.

Saturday 3 p.m. kick-offs will once again fall under UEFA rules and will not be allowed to be televised or streamed. The exemption last season will not continue now fans are allowed back into the grounds

There has been a vote amongst league clubs as to what happens with scheduled evening and Bank Holiday kick-offs plus re-arranged night games. Dale voted to allow streaming of these matches, but the overall vote is not known yet.

The Saturday scenario is not great for me, but I can understand the principle. Hopefully there will be extensive highlights for Dale games to download from somewhere after the games.
What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 12:06 - Aug 3 with 2542 viewsDaleiLama

What is happening with I-Follow for this season on 21:31 - Jul 23 by StAnnesDale

Just to update everyone. I e-mailed the Chief Operating Officer at Dale and got a great reply in less than 24 hours. Much credit to him for his reply.

Saturday 3 p.m. kick-offs will once again fall under UEFA rules and will not be allowed to be televised or streamed. The exemption last season will not continue now fans are allowed back into the grounds

There has been a vote amongst league clubs as to what happens with scheduled evening and Bank Holiday kick-offs plus re-arranged night games. Dale voted to allow streaming of these matches, but the overall vote is not known yet.

The Saturday scenario is not great for me, but I can understand the principle. Hopefully there will be extensive highlights for Dale games to download from somewhere after the games.

Here you go - clarity at last

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024