Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fylde Away 00:54 - Jul 23 with 1585 views_Windydale

Fylde, lower league opponents.

Could be an interesting game.

Curious to see how the team plays against a side we are expected to beat.

Will we take the foot of the gas? stick the chest out and stroll around, relying on technique without breaking into a sweat?

Or play with intensity and stay clever with the ball and stick to Stockdale's game plan.

a game that Stockdale can learn more about his squad.

[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 14:42]
Fylde Away on 07:32 - Jul 23 with 1457 viewsmikehunt

If you regard this as a “free hit” friendly (which is a bit arrogant) then it is probably a good opportunity to blood the fringe players to see how they manage a game.
But, although we are pretty sure of who our first team will be, they will still need a run out.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Fylde Away on 08:12 - Jul 23 with 1412 views_Windydale

Fylde Away on 07:32 - Jul 23 by mikehunt

If you regard this as a “free hit” friendly (which is a bit arrogant) then it is probably a good opportunity to blood the fringe players to see how they manage a game.
But, although we are pretty sure of who our first team will be, they will still need a run out.

More of a look to see how the players respond to playing against opposition we are expected to beat. Do they disregard tactics and try to be too clever. Or stick to the game plan. More of an exercise for Stockdake to get to know his players.
Fylde Away on 08:15 - Jul 23 with 1407 viewsNorthernDale

I am still worried at the lack of numbers, we need to sort out the defence, we cannot depend on McNulty and we desperately need a good striker. Why have we not had one on Trial, Beesley is not the answer, despite his pre-season form. Hopefully Stockdale will wake up the issues and address them before the Harrogate game.
Fylde Away on 13:21 - Jul 23 with 1031 viewsrichfoad32

Fylde Away on 08:15 - Jul 23 by NorthernDale

I am still worried at the lack of numbers, we need to sort out the defence, we cannot depend on McNulty and we desperately need a good striker. Why have we not had one on Trial, Beesley is not the answer, despite his pre-season form. Hopefully Stockdale will wake up the issues and address them before the Harrogate game.

I'm sure Stockdale is perfectly aware of the 'issues' but he can't just pull potential players out of a hat.
Fylde Away on 13:44 - Jul 23 with 960 viewsYadHoDale

Fylde Away on 13:21 - Jul 23 by richfoad32

I'm sure Stockdale is perfectly aware of the 'issues' but he can't just pull potential players out of a hat.

Not suggesting we re-sign him*, but people have been known to pull Bunneys out of hats.

(Joe B was decent enough for us in the past, but we already have Done, Keohane and young Kacper - and possibly Reece Hutchinson, if he impresses - as left wing-back options).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024