Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signings and Transfers 13:42 - Jul 23 with 16769 viewsboromat

Anyone else getting concerned about the lack of signings? Two weeks tomorrow we start. As it stands we barely have a starting eleven and the back 4 is the real sticking point. I'm thinking it might be another season where we'll start badly due to lack of a squad and spend the season playing catch up.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Signings and Transfers on 13:55 - Jul 23 with 8915 viewsRippDale

There are scary similarities to Southend, with off field upheaval, the loss of one of your best players and a lack of new signings
Signings and Transfers on 14:05 - Jul 23 with 8827 viewsD_Alien

No

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Signings and Transfers on 14:09 - Jul 23 with 8802 viewsrichfoad32

Getting O'Connell, Keohane and Done to to re-sign (I don't have a lot of faith in Lynch) was almost as good as new signings in my opinion. We are woefully thin on the ground though, but I'm sure that Stockdale is doing all he can to get new bodies in. It's his first full time managerial appointment and if he messes this up who knows when (or if) he'll get another chance, so he'll want to take care to get the right players in rather than just panicking to fill holes.

Maybe we just have to temper expectations for this season, I'd personally be happy with a solid mid table finish without spending the season looking over our shoulder at the drop zone.
Signings and Transfers on 14:11 - Jul 23 with 8759 viewsD_Alien

Signings and Transfers on 14:09 - Jul 23 by richfoad32

Getting O'Connell, Keohane and Done to to re-sign (I don't have a lot of faith in Lynch) was almost as good as new signings in my opinion. We are woefully thin on the ground though, but I'm sure that Stockdale is doing all he can to get new bodies in. It's his first full time managerial appointment and if he messes this up who knows when (or if) he'll get another chance, so he'll want to take care to get the right players in rather than just panicking to fill holes.

Maybe we just have to temper expectations for this season, I'd personally be happy with a solid mid table finish without spending the season looking over our shoulder at the drop zone.

Thanks, saved me the trouble

It won't be long before someone calls him "clueless" though. There's already one post which isn't far off on another thread

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Signings and Transfers on 14:50 - Jul 23 with 8586 viewsDalenet

Signings and Transfers on 14:09 - Jul 23 by richfoad32

I am a little more confident than that. Yes he will want to tread carefully so as not to screw up. But I think the Board will have set out a brief before he applied and that his ambition and the Board will be aligned. 'Faster paced attacking football to please the fans and we will back you'.

I don't expect automatic promotion but I do expect us to achieve play-offs. Time will tell and he has 46 games to adjust and get it right. No pressure on him just now and we are all grateful we still have a club to watch after the last 18 months. And I see more in Lynch than many so not too concerned there either.
Signings and Transfers on 14:52 - Jul 23 with 8583 viewsEllDale

The playing of a Trialist keeper on Tuesday suggests that the coaching staff think that an extra one is needed.
Signings and Transfers on 15:28 - Jul 23 with 8418 viewslove_the_dale

We have a decent team already, albeit only 16 players.

.........................Lynch
......Keohane O'Connell Dunne
........................Morley
Rathbone Dooley Grant Newby
..................Done Beesley

Also: Wade McNulty Brierley Odoh Kelly
Plus some very promising academy players

Rearrange as desired.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 15:30]
Signings and Transfers on 15:35 - Jul 23 with 8366 viewstony_roch975

Signings and Transfers on 15:28 - Jul 23 by love_the_dale

Rearrange as desired.

......................Lynch
......Keohane O'Connell McNulty Done
..........Dooley... Morley...Rathbone
................ ....Grant
Odoh ...............................Beesley

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

Signings and Transfers on 15:44 - Jul 23 with 8315 viewsjonahwhereru

It must be very unusual for a league side not to have bought in any new recruits this close to season starting. It cannot help that new players will be bought in so late. Sure I get that plenty of good players have arrive after the season has started and settled in quickly, but we have a new manager, new coach, JM adapting to a coaching role, and a new board which others are trying to usurp.
I bet RS would love another month before the season starts.
I am hopeful that we will have sufficient L1 experience in the side to see us middle table or better. But I do expect the first 6 weeks could be bumpy. Would be excellent to be proved wrong, again!
Signings and Transfers on 15:46 - Jul 23 with 8295 views1907

Signings and Transfers on 15:28 - Jul 23 by love_the_dale

Rearrange as desired.

I don’t know about anyone else but from what I’ve seen so far of Dunne I don’t feel he is anywhere near ready to be thrown into first team action.
Signings and Transfers on 15:51 - Jul 23 with 8268 viewsKnowlesy

Let's not forget that he's had less than 2 weeks in post. He needed to assess the squad, figure out what we need, identify targets, and with approaching clubs / players it doesn't happen overnight. I think we need to be patient because as he's said in interviews he could've just signed the first few players whose agent came knocking but that's how you end up with deadwood that will need shifting on again in January. I'd rather make better signings later in preseason when he's had chance to properly weigh up the options.

So, no, I'm not particularly concerned. He knows we need players, and he's in the process of finding them. Why do you think we've had players in on trial?
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 17:56]
Signings and Transfers on 16:17 - Jul 23 with 8129 viewsChaffRAFC

I get the panic people may be having over new signings and there's no douting I'd have been guilty of it myself in years gone by.

We do have to remember that he's been here, what? Two weeks? We're actively looking at players, we have four trialists that we're looking at and I know for a fact he's been working extremely hard to be able to bring players in and has alluded to the fact he knows we need numbers and depth in post match interviews so far.

We still have two weeks before the season started and even if the season started tomorrow, we could name a team if need be, though not exactly an ideal one.

Signings are needed, we know that, and every effort will be currently being made to make it happen.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Signings and Transfers on 16:18 - Jul 23 with 8128 viewsboromat

Signings and Transfers on 15:46 - Jul 23 by 1907

I don’t know about anyone else but from what I’ve seen so far of Dunne I don’t feel he is anywhere near ready to be thrown into first team action.

I've seen some brilliant performances from him in previous pre-seasons. Only seen him on Tuesday night just gone this time and I think it was a little unfair to judge him on that alone. He was up against their best player and was caught cold when he came in for their goal. He's not a first choice option yet but don't see why he can't cover this season in order to get some first team experience.

It'll also be interesting to see ho he develops in term of position as well CB or LB.

Signings and Transfers on 16:21 - Jul 23 with 8109 views1907

Signings and Transfers on 16:18 - Jul 23 by boromat

I've seen some brilliant performances from him in previous pre-seasons. Only seen him on Tuesday night just gone this time and I think it was a little unfair to judge him on that alone. He was up against their best player and was caught cold when he came in for their goal. He's not a first choice option yet but don't see why he can't cover this season in order to get some first team experience.

It'll also be interesting to see ho he develops in term of position as well CB or LB.

Aye I wasn’t overly impressed on Saturday either to be fair. I don’t want to be critical of the kid but just feel a loan moan to a non league side is what may benefit him at the minute.
Signings and Transfers on 16:44 - Jul 23 with 8007 viewsboromat

Signings and Transfers on 16:21 - Jul 23 by 1907

Aye I wasn’t overly impressed on Saturday either to be fair. I don’t want to be critical of the kid but just feel a loan moan to a non league side is what may benefit him at the minute.

True to be fair he was kept here last year wasn't he so not had a loan opportunity yet.

The defence has literal holes in it at the moment 🤣. I am a bit surprised we haven't signed anyone yet. Managers normally come into a job with one or two players already in mind if not on board.

Preparing myself for a mixed start to the season but hopeful we can grow into the season and finish strong. Lots of League 2 clubs in recent seasons who have climbed the league considerably in the second half.

Signings and Transfers on 17:17 - Jul 23 with 7810 viewsbluevein64

Has the possibility of McShane signing on some sort of "pay as you play" contract been discussed, if not I'm surprised - of course he may be looking for full time contract elsewhere!
Signings and Transfers on 17:38 - Jul 23 with 7692 viewsEllDale

Fair point that.
Bolton signed over a dozen new players this time last year and had to throw them overboard in January when they weren’t good enough.
The players they signed after Christmas helped gain promotion so there may be a moral there.
Signings and Transfers on 19:04 - Jul 23 with 7384 viewsdavidab2202

Signings and Transfers on 16:21 - Jul 23 by 1907

As loans are mentioned have the rules around loan signings changed for the coming season or are they still only allowed in the Transfer Windows. Seem to remember having read somewhere that they were going to revert back to being able to make such signings as and when needed or has old age memory flaws finally arrived !!!
Signings and Transfers on 08:51 - Jul 24 with 6698 viewselectricblue

Signings and Transfers on 19:04 - Jul 23 by davidab2202

As loans are mentioned have the rules around loan signings changed for the coming season or are they still only allowed in the Transfer Windows. Seem to remember having read somewhere that they were going to revert back to being able to make such signings as and when needed or has old age memory flaws finally arrived !!!

I still thi k Franky (fingers) Fielding would be a good signing if he is still clubless....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Signings and Transfers on 10:30 - Jul 24 with 6473 viewsboromat

Signings and Transfers on 08:51 - Jul 24 by electricblue

I still thi k Franky (fingers) Fielding would be a good signing if he is still clubless....

Can't imagine us affording Fielding. Goalkeeper isn't the main priority for me. More so a central defender and a left back. I think that's also pretty obvious from the trialists we've had. Even a right back would work and Keohane could play on the left to start the season.

Signings and Transfers on 10:55 - Jul 24 with 6396 viewsChaffRAFC

Signings and Transfers on 10:30 - Jul 24 by boromat

Can't imagine us affording Fielding. Goalkeeper isn't the main priority for me. More so a central defender and a left back. I think that's also pretty obvious from the trialists we've had. Even a right back would work and Keohane could play on the left to start the season.

We've had a keeper on trial too so I think Stockdale wants to bring in a keeper to at least challenge Lynch.

I agree Fielding is probably unaffordable to us and the loan market could be a valuable tool to bring in a keeper, and also cheaper.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Signings and Transfers on 11:04 - Jul 24 with 6367 viewsRotherhamDale

I was worried about the lack of signings but Stockdale has given me confidence to be honest. I imagine we'll see a handful of signings in the next few weeks.

I think it'd be unfair to criticise him for not acting quickly enough when he's only been in the job 2/3 weeks.

BBM did the club no favours by leaving so unexpectedly

Possession with progression.

Signings and Transfers on 11:16 - Jul 24 with 6336 viewsHopwoodblue

Signings and Transfers on 11:04 - Jul 24 by RotherhamDale

I was worried about the lack of signings but Stockdale has given me confidence to be honest. I imagine we'll see a handful of signings in the next few weeks.

I think it'd be unfair to criticise him for not acting quickly enough when he's only been in the job 2/3 weeks.

BBM did the club no favours by leaving so unexpectedly

Couldn’t agree more, we’ve had excuses from managers who have been here years about not being able to sign players.
I’m yet to hear this guy make excuses for anything, it makes a nice change to have a no nonsense person that tells you how it is.
I’m sure he will also be looking at the league table now and again which will make a refreshing change.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 11:19]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Signings and Transfers on 12:35 - Jul 24 with 6113 viewsscarrow

Signings and Transfers on 17:17 - Jul 23 by bluevein64

Has the possibility of McShane signing on some sort of "pay as you play" contract been discussed, if not I'm surprised - of course he may be looking for full time contract elsewhere!

McShane appointed by man u to their u23-u16 coaching set up

Poll: Final position

Signings and Transfers on 16:29 - Jul 25 with 5408 viewsJames1980

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12363264/wayne-rooney-derby-county

Could be worse

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024