Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lions Tour 20:39 - Jul 23 with 2845 viewsNigeriamark

A second rugby related post

Although there won't be any fans there which is a great pity, I am really looking forward to the game tomorrow. Would have the lions as marginal favourites on paper because of SAs lack of games, but the Boks will step it up for sure. Looks like the Lions might try to play an expansive game, & SA will stick with their proven method of several decades, & try to muscle us out of it.

Close series to call but I think we have to win tomorrow because I think the Boks will get better each game
Lions Tour on 18:35 - Jul 24 with 2710 viewsDaleiLama

Lions get their nose in front after the hour mark for the first time. Hard fought close game and difficult one to call but it feels like the Lions have momentum on their side?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 18:35]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Lions Tour on 19:02 - Jul 24 with 2678 viewsDaleiLama

Battled superbly and deservedly first blood to the Lions in the 3 game series. A clichéd game of 2 halves and we more than outlasted the Boks

Lions Tour on 19:03 - Jul 24 with 2670 viewsD_Alien

Lions Tour on 19:02 - Jul 24 by DaleiLama

Battled superbly and deservedly first blood to the Lions in the 3 game series. A clichéd game of 2 halves and we more than outlasted the Boks

Got there in the end

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lions Tour on 20:01 - Jul 24 with 2614 viewsNigeriamark

Lions Tour on 19:02 - Jul 24 by DaleiLama

Happy with that. First game of a 3 match series is about the win rather that making it an entertaining spectacle. The second half was 100% better than the first & we may have got a break with the first SA disallowed try. It was borderline & with it being originally awarded I thought it would stay. They may have had different cameras in the officials room but didn't look a clear and obvious error by the referee

Overall was probably the right result. SA will come back strong next week & I would expect a brutal encounter like the second game in 2009 which was a bloodbath
Lions Tour on 20:23 - Jul 24 with 2592 viewsDaley_Lama

Lions Tour on 20:01 - Jul 24 by Nigeriamark

Happy with that. First game of a 3 match series is about the win rather that making it an entertaining spectacle. The second half was 100% better than the first & we may have got a break with the first SA disallowed try. It was borderline & with it being originally awarded I thought it would stay. They may have had different cameras in the officials room but didn't look a clear and obvious error by the referee

Overall was probably the right result. SA will come back strong next week & I would expect a brutal encounter like the second game in 2009 which was a bloodbath

That must be what it is like watching Wales for the last few years.

SA couldn’t help themselves giving away penalties in the second half as the wily lions helped them do so. An AWJ team performance if ever there was one.

Poll: DF in or out

Lions Tour on 09:45 - Jul 25 with 2463 viewsisitme

Definitely a game of two halves. Some strange decision making and poor discipline allowed South Africa to establish a lead without really doing much. The second half was much better in terms of strategy, intensity and decision making. It was not a game of attacking flair but a win is a win. Itoje was immense throughout and Lawes had an impactful second half. I am looking forward to the second game next week. I suspect Gatland will bring in either Aki/Harris for Daly and try and play a tighter game.
Lions Tour on 16:38 - Jul 25 with 2359 viewstony_roch975

Lions Tour on 09:45 - Jul 25 by isitme

Definitely a game of two halves. Some strange decision making and poor discipline allowed South Africa to establish a lead without really doing much. The second half was much better in terms of strategy, intensity and decision making. It was not a game of attacking flair but a win is a win. Itoje was immense throughout and Lawes had an impactful second half. I am looking forward to the second game next week. I suspect Gatland will bring in either Aki/Harris for Daly and try and play a tighter game.

true but Lions certainly had the best of the decisions throughout

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Lions Tour on 16:41 - Jul 25 with 2350 viewsD_Alien

Lions Tour on 16:38 - Jul 25 by tony_roch975

Apparently the Lions management had expressed concerns about the ref before the game

Looks like it may have had an effect

Login to get fewer ads

Lions Tour on 17:43 - Jul 25 with 2302 viewsisitme

Lions Tour on 16:38 - Jul 25 by tony_roch975

I was more on about the player's decision making. The hospital pass to Daly when Am mullered him and Curry's late takeout of de Klerk etc were two obvious examples. In the second half it was much better. No shoveling on rubbish behind the gain line and no brain dead penalties from the lions, they let South Africa give them away instead.

There has been a lot of talk about the officials. I thought Berry was fairly consistent in what he was penalising, although there were a few things he let go. There were some dodgy entries at the ruck and some of South Africa's maul defense was questionable. Regarding the TMO the Kolbe knock on was obvious. I thought for the Le Roux 'try' the pass before the kick was forward and he was marginally infront of the kicker. The try that was actually given was also borderline as to whether there was a knock on. I was a bit surprised when South Africa didn't even get a warning when they were shipping penalties for fun in the second half.
Lions Tour on 01:55 - Jul 26 with 2206 viewsdownunder

I am predicting a drawn series, with the Lions robbed by a controversial reversed penalty decision in the last minute, denying the Lions a kick at goal to win. Boks to win second test narrowly, due to Lions player getting sent off.
Lions Tour on 18:59 - Jul 31 with 1992 viewsDaleiLama

2nd Test a game of 2 halves in reverse. No way back from here. Series tied and momentum Boks

Lions Tour on 19:20 - Jul 31 with 1957 viewsNigeriamark

Lions Tour on 18:59 - Jul 31 by DaleiLama

2nd Test a game of 2 halves in reverse. No way back from here. Series tied and momentum Boks

Not quite the bloodbath I predicted as in the second test in 2009, but certainly an ugly aggressive first half. Lions deserved the lead & didn't back down from a lot of provocation. You would have expected them to push on in the second half, but fair play to SA, that's why they are world champions. They completely outplayed us the entire 40 minutes, but some poor handling & a lot of penalties didn't help

Should be a cracker next week with SA now slight favourites
Lions Tour on 19:58 - Jul 31 with 1906 viewssince58

Lions Tour on 19:20 - Jul 31 by Nigeriamark

Not quite the bloodbath I predicted as in the second test in 2009, but certainly an ugly aggressive first half. Lions deserved the lead & didn't back down from a lot of provocation. You would have expected them to push on in the second half, but fair play to SA, that's why they are world champions. They completely outplayed us the entire 40 minutes, but some poor handling & a lot of penalties didn't help

Cut out the penalties and silly mistakes it will be a cracking finale.
Lions Tour on 20:31 - Jul 31 with 1874 viewsdingdangblue

Lions Tour on 19:20 - Jul 31 by Nigeriamark

2 massive calls, the Lions try not given just before ht then the South African try given just after ht. Should be a cracker next week.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lions Tour on 08:28 - Aug 1 with 1736 viewsjoecooke

Lions Tour on 20:31 - Jul 31 by dingdangblue

2 massive calls, the Lions try not given just before ht then the South African try given just after ht. Should be a cracker next week.

Agree with all that. Thought Erasmus played a big part with his hour long rant about the refereeing.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Lions Tour on 17:34 - Aug 7 with 1537 viewsD_Alien

First try to the Lions, 3-10

Lions Tour on 18:00 - Aug 7 with 1491 viewsNigeriamark

Lions Tour on 17:34 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

First try to the Lions, 3-10

Good half by the Lions but may regret only being 4 points ahead. Cracking second half coming up
Lions Tour on 19:03 - Aug 7 with 1442 viewsD_Alien

Lions Tour on 18:00 - Aug 7 by Nigeriamark

Good half by the Lions but may regret only being 4 points ahead. Cracking second half coming up

16-16 going into the last five minutes!

Lions Tour on 19:20 - Aug 7 with 1425 viewsNigeriamark

Lions Tour on 19:03 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

16-16 going into the last five minutes!

Blew it. That game was there for the taking

As with the last game, well done SA, they stick to their game plan, but that's a missed opportunity
Lions Tour on 19:27 - Aug 7 with 1413 viewsD_Alien

Lions Tour on 19:20 - Aug 7 by Nigeriamark

Blew it. That game was there for the taking

As with the last game, well done SA, they stick to their game plan, but that's a missed opportunity

Lack of discipline ultimately cost us across the series

First Dale, the t' Lions with last gasp losses today. It's about time those fine margins started going our way, but there's plenty that can be done to push the odds in your favour

Expect India to claw their way over the line tomorrow, too

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024