Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The BBM love in. 14:19 - Jul 24 with 4197 viewsoddjob007

I really wish we’d stop this BBM love in, not so much on here, but on Twitter.

Yep, kept us up, but then stayed up on a technicality before succumbing to the inevitable. The man was clearly out of his depth as a first team manager.

He applied for the City job last summer and apparently applied for another job with a rival during the season. He then applies for the City job again this year, gets it, tries to get us to pay him up and then leaves for nothing to the richest club in the world. How an earth have we not got anything out of this? It stinks!

I don’t actually believe BBM is the snake he is coming across as - blame his other half and the circles I imagine she mixes in.

Good riddance!!
The BBM love in. on 14:39 - Jul 24 with 4087 viewsD_Alien

Whilst partners can sometimes exert a big influence, either you're your own person or you're not

Neither option is palatable in his case

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The BBM love in. on 14:46 - Jul 24 with 4053 views442Dale

What is most irritating was his emphasis on building the club, the relationships between players, staff, fans and the community.

Nobody resents someone progressing their career, but do it the right way.

Actions speak louder than words.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The BBM love in. on 14:52 - Jul 24 with 4011 viewsncfc_chalky

Once upon a time a long,long time ago there was a out of work manager looking for a job and chanced upon a struggling club based in the East Midlands that was looking for someone to take them further and so a beautiful marriage was agreed,after a rocky start to the relationship everything gelled together and they became a successful family together and the marriage became fruitful with a promotion the following season,but as the success continues the manager got fat and greedy and looked elsewhere at other clubs who looked more attractive than the relationship that he was in and when a northern trollop club showed interest he couldn't get the extra money out of his greedy fat head so late one night when nobody was around he shoved a letter under the owners door explaining that he was leaving for 'family reasons' and much sympathy was given to his predicament,roll on two weeks later his 'family problems' have been worked out and fortunately he gets a job offer from the slag he was seeing on the side earlier,years later he's remembered with fond affection by the children of his former marriage as time seems to fog the memory,the moral of the story being that mangers contracts don't seem to be worth the paper that they are printed on as the fat fooker even went on to manage England and left with a 100% success rate although the greedy git couldn't resist a brown envelope coming his way even then
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 14:55]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

The BBM love in. on 14:56 - Jul 24 with 3977 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I bet he could n't believe it when BotBot gave him the underhand contract extension....he was doomed until then.

The Football however was atrocious and retrospectively glad he is gone.

Let's move on now....new era,new ambitions.
The BBM love in. on 14:58 - Jul 24 with 3966 viewsRotherhamDale

The BBM love in. on 14:46 - Jul 24 by 442Dale

What is most irritating was his emphasis on building the club, the relationships between players, staff, fans and the community.

Correct. Its his career so who are we to say what he should do or where he should go.

However... the way in which it appears to have been done leaves a very bitter taste (along with not winning for 345 games at home during last season)

Possession with progression.

The BBM love in. on 15:00 - Jul 24 with 3948 views442Dale

The BBM love in. on 14:52 - Jul 24 by ncfc_chalky

Once upon a time a long,long time ago there was a out of work manager looking for a job and chanced upon a struggling club based in the East Midlands that was looking for someone to take them further and so a beautiful marriage was agreed,after a rocky start to the relationship everything gelled together and they became a successful family together and the marriage became fruitful with a promotion the following season,but as the success continues the manager got fat and greedy and looked elsewhere at other clubs who looked more attractive than the relationship that he was in and when a northern trollop club showed interest he couldn't get the extra money out of his greedy fat head so late one night when nobody was around he shoved a letter under the owners door explaining that he was leaving for 'family reasons' and much sympathy was given to his predicament,roll on two weeks later his 'family problems' have been worked out and fortunately he gets a job offer from the slag he was seeing on the side earlier,years later he's remembered with fond affection by the children of his former marriage as time seems to fog the memory,the moral of the story being that mangers contracts don't seem to be worth the paper that they are printed on as the fat fooker even went on to manage England and left with a 100% success rate although the greedy git couldn't resist a brown envelope coming his way even then
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 14:55]

Yeah, but Allardyce was successful at Notts and if we are being honest, it’s bloody funny he left.

The BBM love in. on 15:53 - Jul 24 with 3691 viewsncfc_chalky

The BBM love in. on 15:00 - Jul 24 by 442Dale

Yeah, but Allardyce was successful at Notts and if we are being honest, it’s bloody funny he left.

Why is it funny?

The BBM love in. on 15:59 - Jul 24 with 3641 views442Dale

The BBM love in. on 15:53 - Jul 24 by ncfc_chalky

Why is it funny?

Because it was obvious to any football fan he’d look to progress and that some Notts fans hold grudges amuses.

Makes as much sense as those who hate Parkin for going to Barnsley.

Login to get fewer ads

The BBM love in. on 16:15 - Jul 24 with 3562 viewsncfc_chalky

The BBM love in. on 15:59 - Jul 24 by 442Dale

Because it was obvious to any football fan he’d look to progress and that some Notts fans hold grudges amuses.

Makes as much sense as those who hate Parkin for going to Barnsley.

It's not that he wanted to progress but the way that he did it,he lied about having family problems and got sympathy for it but he just smelt the money being offered on the quiet,it deprived Notts of compensation and left a very bitter taste in the mouth,he couldn't even face somebody at the club to hand in his resignation but shoved it under the owners door like a coward,if he had been truthful and moved onto Bolton and Notts got fair compensation then good luck to him,the FA found Bolton thirty odd grand which is cheap if you are getting who you want,Notts got nothing from it and left managerless in the middle of a good run we dropped like a stone because of it,still if you think that it's funny then that's up to you but I hope that it doesn't happen to Dale but if it does then at least we can laugh about together eh

The BBM love in. on 16:17 - Jul 24 with 3550 viewsoddjob007

The BBM love in. on 14:46 - Jul 24 by 442Dale

Nailed it there.

He would have known the perilous state of the finances at the club and to leave the way he did is really bitter.

Had it been “Rochdale and Man City have agreed terms for BBM to take up a role with the U23s” I think we’d have all said good luck and all the best.

Sadly, the way it was done, suggests City weren’t prepared to pay any compensation.
The BBM love in. on 17:33 - Jul 24 with 3319 viewsnordenblue

The BBM love in. on 16:17 - Jul 24 by oddjob007

Nailed it there.

He would have known the perilous state of the finances at the club and to leave the way he did is really bitter.

Had it been “Rochdale and Man City have agreed terms for BBM to take up a role with the U23s” I think we’d have all said good luck and all the best.

Sadly, the way it was done, suggests City weren’t prepared to pay any compensation.

They won't need to pay any compensation when BBM is applying for jobs with them whilst knowingly employed by Rochdale, along with his previous applications for jobs, the guy is about as honest as the previous bell end of a "
CEO" neither will be missed one bit
The BBM love in. on 17:51 - Jul 24 with 3212 views442Dale

The BBM love in. on 16:15 - Jul 24 by ncfc_chalky

It's not that he wanted to progress but the way that he did it,he lied about having family problems and got sympathy for it but he just smelt the money being offered on the quiet,it deprived Notts of compensation and left a very bitter taste in the mouth,he couldn't even face somebody at the club to hand in his resignation but shoved it under the owners door like a coward,if he had been truthful and moved onto Bolton and Notts got fair compensation then good luck to him,the FA found Bolton thirty odd grand which is cheap if you are getting who you want,Notts got nothing from it and left managerless in the middle of a good run we dropped like a stone because of it,still if you think that it's funny then that's up to you but I hope that it doesn't happen to Dale but if it does then at least we can laugh about together eh

It’s in a thread about the disappointing way a manager left Rochdale, so it has happened to us. Albeit without the exact same circumstances (which would be pretty special), decades worth of water under the bridge and that our manager wasn’t actually that successful. Laugh away, it’s ok.

The BBM love in. on 18:37 - Jul 24 with 3058 viewsD_Alien

The BBM love in. on 17:51 - Jul 24 by 442Dale

It’s in a thread about the disappointing way a manager left Rochdale, so it has happened to us. Albeit without the exact same circumstances (which would be pretty special), decades worth of water under the bridge and that our manager wasn’t actually that successful. Laugh away, it’s ok.

tbf, i don't think he's laughing

We can keep our views about NottsCo till the cows come home, and with good reason, but i think chalky's demonstrated more than amply that he's not one to try to take a rise out of us now, especially having put money into our club recently

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The BBM love in. on 19:27 - Jul 24 with 2934 viewsmikehunt

Playing Devil’s advocate here but might BBM have considered us a little by getting some key players to re-sign before b*ggering off?
Dread to think where we would be now if that hadn’t happened

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

The BBM love in. on 19:29 - Jul 24 with 2926 viewsdale5758

i'm glad to see the back of him i think he was always massively over rated like many have pointed out especially Fitz hopefully at city he will learn soccer's a results business even at youth level
overall id rate his spell in charge as marginally better than Steve Eyre and walter joyce
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 19:42]

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

The BBM love in. on 19:58 - Jul 24 with 2851 viewsncfc_chalky

The BBM love in. on 18:37 - Jul 24 by D_Alien

tbf, i don't think he's laughing

We can keep our views about NottsCo till the cows come home, and with good reason, but i think chalky's demonstrated more than amply that he's not one to try to take a rise out of us now, especially having put money into our club recently

You're correct,what I was trying to say was that if the same did happen to Dale then I would have liked to know how funny 442 thought that it was then,Fat Sam is one of the things that still irks me about my time supporting Notts,supporters have short memories (but I can confirm NOT on this forum ) and as time passes and younger blood comes through the gates people seem to only remember the scores and good times and was in response to the OP's original post about the BBM love in

When I first came on here years ago it was in response to some posts put elsewhere about the season that can't be mentioned and try to put forward the views of the ordinary Notts fan,well I'm STILL putting that bloody view forward to you lot now

The BBM love in. on 20:02 - Jul 24 with 2831 viewsNewbury_Dale

A lot of clubs would have sacked BBM last year, with the terrible home record.

Youth/U23 football suits him fine. He can love and be loved, and won't be judged on those guilt edge decisions that good managers get right. The tactics at Wimbledon away for example when we went 3-2 up. Thankfully for him, he will never be in that situation coaching kids.
The BBM love in. on 20:30 - Jul 24 with 2762 views442Dale

The BBM love in. on 19:58 - Jul 24 by ncfc_chalky

You're correct,what I was trying to say was that if the same did happen to Dale then I would have liked to know how funny 442 thought that it was then,Fat Sam is one of the things that still irks me about my time supporting Notts,supporters have short memories (but I can confirm NOT on this forum ) and as time passes and younger blood comes through the gates people seem to only remember the scores and good times and was in response to the OP's original post about the BBM love in

When I first came on here years ago it was in response to some posts put elsewhere about the season that can't be mentioned and try to put forward the views of the ordinary Notts fan,well I'm STILL putting that bloody view forward to you lot now

I know you weren’t trying to relate it to Dale. Neither was I, merely that the Allardyce annoyance never made much sense in the same way it didn’t when Parkin left us with the associated grudges being the funny aspect.
That departure didn’t bother some, nor did Hill or BBM leaving, with similarly OTT reactions making as little sense as any other manager leaving a club. They all do it, it’s about doing it the right way - something which you can compare in the Allardyce/BBM situations. As fans we shouldn’t be surprised.

Your support of the club is most welcome btw.

The BBM love in. on 21:10 - Jul 24 with 2659 viewsncfc_chalky

The BBM love in. on 20:30 - Jul 24 by 442Dale

I know you weren’t trying to relate it to Dale. Neither was I, merely that the Allardyce annoyance never made much sense in the same way it didn’t when Parkin left us with the associated grudges being the funny aspect.
That departure didn’t bother some, nor did Hill or BBM leaving, with similarly OTT reactions making as little sense as any other manager leaving a club. They all do it, it’s about doing it the right way - something which you can compare in the Allardyce/BBM situations. As fans we shouldn’t be surprised.

Your support of the club is most welcome btw.

I respect your point of view 442 👍

The only thing that I don't like about this forum is that I've somehow got into following Dale to the point where I post on here more than the other forums put together and I'm planning a couple of trips to Spotland,how the bleeding hell did that happen?

The BBM love in. on 02:02 - Jul 25 with 2408 viewsdalefan10

wonder if he has given the company car back yet he was seen driving it on bury rd 2 weeks ago
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024