Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flyde away 14:39 - Jul 24 with 10409 viewsYadHoDale

Today's starting XI

Trialist A, Trialist B, Trialist C, O'Connell, Keohane, Morley, Dooley, Grant, Odoh, Beesley, Done.
Flyde away on 14:57 - Jul 24 with 7153 viewsYorkshire_Dale

One triallist is a GK then.
Flyde away on 15:42 - Jul 24 with 6880 viewsNafelad

From a friend at the match - 1 - 0 Beesley scores (again!!) on 33 mins.

Topcat

Flyde away on 16:06 - Jul 24 with 6674 viewsKnowlesy

Thought we were 2nd best in the first 20 minutes but since then it's been all us, mostly. Goal was well taken after good work from Odoh who looks good.

Trialist right back isn't impressing me, Trialist centre back looks solid enough, Trialist goalkeeper made a good save from close range right at the end of the first half. Definitely a more direct style of play with an emphasis on pressing in their half and winning the ball high up the pitch.
Flyde away on 16:41 - Jul 24 with 6407 viewsDaleiLama

Trialist LB from previous games on trial @ Luton today apparently

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Flyde away on 18:21 - Jul 24 with 5800 views_Windydale

Flyde away on 18:35 - Jul 24 with 5712 viewsnordenblue

Flyde away on 18:21 - Jul 24 by _Windydale

He does come across very well in front of a camera and his honesty is very refreshing, long may it continue.

We'll take a few shitty results along the way, as long as they all put a proper shift in and look like they're pulling together, keep it up Robbie
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 18:35]
Flyde away on 18:40 - Jul 24 with 5685 viewsDaleiLama

Flyde away on 18:35 - Jul 24 by nordenblue

He does come across very well in front of a camera and his honesty is very refreshing, long may it continue.

We'll take a few shitty results along the way, as long as they all put a proper shift in and look like they're pulling together, keep it up Robbie
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 18:35]

For me, the players looked like they were still working for BBM, and obviously liked him, but they too often looked ill-prepared, ill disciplined and pulled so many shitty results out of winning situations. It just feels like RS won't tolerate that somehow. Agree with everything you say about how he comes across.

Flyde away on 18:56 - Jul 24 with 5585 viewsNorthernDale

May I ask how the players on trial played?

I like the new manager, but i am seriously worried at the lack of signings and this may be in part to his inexperience and limited knowledge of the players available with league experience. But I looked at the bench today and it was mainly kids, and that is why we need to sign a LB, RB, 2 CD's, 1 midfielder and at least 1 striker within the next 10 days, but we have not even had a striker on trial.

I may be over critical, but when the number of outfield players number is around 13 players and one of them is McNulty, who has been past it for years, it makes me worried. hopefully Mr Stockdale will make some signings this week.
Login to get fewer ads

Flyde away on 19:12 - Jul 24 with 5489 viewsDaleiLama

Flyde away on 18:56 - Jul 24 by NorthernDale

I like the new manager, but i am seriously worried at the lack of signings and this may be in part to his inexperience and limited knowledge of the players available with league experience. But I looked at the bench today and it was mainly kids, and that is why we need to sign a LB, RB, 2 CD's, 1 midfielder and at least 1 striker within the next 10 days, but we have not even had a striker on trial.

I may be over critical, but when the number of outfield players number is around 13 players and one of them is McNulty, who has been past it for years, it makes me worried. hopefully Mr Stockdale will make some signings this week.

He's had 14 days in post whilst only watching the first game - no real input into game or team management for that one. He's had loads of triallists in to evaluate. After that terms need to be agreed if any fit in with his plans and ideas. Sure others are in discussions too. Not to mention budget constraints. Patience needed in building a squad as much as results thereafter.

Flyde away on 19:20 - Jul 24 with 5429 viewsTVOS1907

Don't you think the manager knows all this?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Flyde away on 19:22 - Jul 24 with 5395 viewsNewbury_Dale

Why don't they just name the Trialists ? Really annoying. The rationale for not doing it is just totally flawed with modern day football agents in existence.
Flyde away on 19:25 - Jul 24 with 5367 viewsBeechball

Tirialist A - the keeper - was solid and made a couple of good saves. Trialist B - not sure it was the same guy as the Rotherham game - looked very average. Trialist C was pretty solid at centre half. He was called Matthew and did look a bit like Matt Flynn- surely it wasn't ?
Flyde away on 19:34 - Jul 24 with 5305 viewsEllDale

Apparently (according to Twitter anyway) the keeper is Newcastle’s Jake Turner who was on loan at Morecambe last season.
And the right back is Donald Love?
Flyde away on 19:38 - Jul 24 with 5274 viewsmikehunt

And please get off Big Jim’s case. He can still do a job. He played very well today and stopped a couple of certain goals with some last ditch tackles. He might not hack a full game (no reason to doubt that though) but he will be an asset when comes on for us. No worries on that score in my opinion.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Flyde away on 19:40 - Jul 24 with 5268 viewsTVOS1907

Flyde away on 19:25 - Jul 24 by Beechball

Tirialist A - the keeper - was solid and made a couple of good saves. Trialist B - not sure it was the same guy as the Rotherham game - looked very average. Trialist C was pretty solid at centre half. He was called Matthew and did look a bit like Matt Flynn- surely it wasn't ?

It wasn't.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Flyde away on 19:46 - Jul 24 with 5222 viewsBeechball

Phew !
Flyde away on 20:32 - Jul 24 with 5014 viewsboromat

Flyde away on 19:34 - Jul 24 by EllDale

Apparently (according to Twitter anyway) the keeper is Newcastle’s Jake Turner who was on loan at Morecambe last season.
And the right back is Donald Love?

After a Google think the keeper is correct not sure about Donald love.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Flyde away on 21:37 - Jul 24 with 4791 viewsEllDale

Same Twitter source advises that the trialist centre half may be Max Taylor, released by Man Utd this summer.
Flyde away on 22:19 - Jul 24 with 4637 viewsseasidedale

What the source on Twitter?
Flyde away on 22:21 - Jul 24 with 4627 viewsEllDale

@RochdaleFan
Flyde away on 23:46 - Jul 24 with 4391 viewsBrierls

You are being over critical.

Trialist A - Keeper - looked solid and communication was good. Made a fantastic save at the end of the first half. Came and punched a few crosses clear. Would provide competition for Lynch, with neither being a clear No1.

Trialist B - Right Back - not convinced on today’s showing but he has good pedigree. Got caught in no mans land a couple of times defensively without going as far as getting skinned (like Hutchinson). On the occasion he got forward he looked to deliver the cross early, which is a positive for me. Looks like a decent athlete.

Trialist C - Centre Back - the pick of the bunch for me. Looked very assured on the ball, his positioning was good and he looked strong in the tackle and in the air. He’s a good size and looked to have a good turn of pace. If we’re looking to develop young players into saleable assets I think he fits that profile.

I think you’ll get your wish for signings, I expect us to offer deals to all three and I wouldn’t be too disappointed with that. With more signings to come in addition to that.

The names mentioned for the trialists are correct.
Flyde away on 00:58 - Jul 25 with 4313 views_Windydale

Good positive post and detailed review Briels

I can understand the angst though for some, as the season is almost upon us.

We might not be prepared and ready yet. However time to chill, it's a long season, stockdale was hired two week ago.. Let's get the right players in.

He talks sense in his interviews he's no dummy. The players we have, can put a shift on for a few games until the squad grows. There's nothing to worry about yet.
Flyde away on 12:12 - Jul 25 with 3492 viewsspringfieldparka

Flyde away on 23:46 - Jul 24 by Brierls

You are being over critical.

Trialist A - Keeper - looked solid and communication was good. Made a fantastic save at the end of the first half. Came and punched a few crosses clear. Would provide competition for Lynch, with neither being a clear No1.

Trialist B - Right Back - not convinced on today’s showing but he has good pedigree. Got caught in no mans land a couple of times defensively without going as far as getting skinned (like Hutchinson). On the occasion he got forward he looked to deliver the cross early, which is a positive for me. Looks like a decent athlete.

Trialist C - Centre Back - the pick of the bunch for me. Looked very assured on the ball, his positioning was good and he looked strong in the tackle and in the air. He’s a good size and looked to have a good turn of pace. If we’re looking to develop young players into saleable assets I think he fits that profile.

I think you’ll get your wish for signings, I expect us to offer deals to all three and I wouldn’t be too disappointed with that. With more signings to come in addition to that.

The names mentioned for the trialists are correct.

Informative , insightful , and relevant footballing post . Thank you !
Flyde away on 12:34 - Jul 25 with 3395 viewsEllDale

Like everything else in the Beautiful Game it will boil down to money.
If RS wants to sign these three what sort of wages will they expect?
Flyde away on 12:41 - Jul 25 with 3347 viewsD_Alien

Flyde away on 12:34 - Jul 25 by EllDale

Like everything else in the Beautiful Game it will boil down to money.
If RS wants to sign these three what sort of wages will they expect?

It's a fair question, but would they even be here on trial unless they had a good idea of our wage structure?

It perhaps helps put them in the shop window but it'd make far more sense for the club to have ascertained their likely minimum wage requirements before giving them a game, when pre-season places are precious in terms of others in the squad or elsewhere not getting that game

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024