Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaccine passports needed to watch league football 09:26 - Jul 25 with 4598 viewsDalenet

Press reports this morning suggests that the Government and EFL are working on the need for vaccination passports to get into a football league grounds from August. All a bit last minute of course, and its not clear what happens to people who have bought season tickets and haven't been double jabbed, but it might help encourage people to attend who are currently reticent.
Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 09:32 - Jul 25 with 4577 viewsisitme

The two articles I have seen have been conflicting, one was Premier League games only and the other mentioned attendances of 16,000 and above, so either way Dale supporters should be okay.

I suspect that as with the nightclubs proposal it is a 'nudge' to get younger people to take the vaccine rather that something that can be implemented.

EDIT - 20,000 and above in another article.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 9:55]
Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 19:50 - Jul 31 with 4011 viewsboromat

My second jab is the week following the first home game 😔

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 20:09 - Jul 31 with 3916 viewsMass_Debater

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 19:50 - Jul 31 by boromat

Mine too
Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 21:09 - Jul 31 with 3804 viewsdingdangblue

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 19:50 - Jul 31 by boromat

Can you not go sooner now at any of the various pop up vaccine centres?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 22:02 - Jul 31 with 3708 viewsnordenblue

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 21:09 - Jul 31 by dingdangblue

It might be more to do with the timescale required between jabs he needs
Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 07:33 - Aug 1 with 3455 viewsboromat

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 21:09 - Jul 31 by dingdangblue

No I was ill with it recently and have to wait 4 weeks before you can have a jab. First opportunity I'll have. Maybe there will be exceptions to the rule as I would hope to have increased immunity by having it recently however that might take too much thought process from the government.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 09:03 - Aug 1 with 3385 viewsdingdangblue

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 07:33 - Aug 1 by boromat

No I was ill with it recently and have to wait 4 weeks before you can have a jab. First opportunity I'll have. Maybe there will be exceptions to the rule as I would hope to have increased immunity by having it recently however that might take too much thought process from the government.

Aye similar here, was due 2nd jab at end of June but then our household all got Covid so had to wait 28 days. Finally got it Friday and was rough in bed most of yesterday, temp, headache, muscle ache. Started to feel better around 4 yesterday afternoon.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 09:10 - Aug 1 with 3365 views442Dale

It won’t affect attending Dale games yet anyway as per the replies in this thread around size of crowds.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 09:16 - Aug 1 with 3346 viewsDalenet

Doesn't look like the football league is going to need to implement anything soon. In any case the Govt will want the younger population to have had enough time to have both jabs.

Some clubs seem to adopting their own guidelines - vaccine passports or evidence you have taken a lateral flow test. I see that Hornets have segregated the main stand today - the last block is for the more vulnerable clients who still don't feel safe. That block is still sold as socially distanced with seats dotted about the block. That way you don't risk sitting next to somebody outside our bubble. If we want some of the thousand or so "lost" fans to come back we are going to need to do something. For most of our games the Wilbutts stand will be empty.
Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 09:34 - Aug 1 with 3303 viewsisitme

What Hornets have done is a really interesting and thoughtful idea, especially coupled with its own entrance and exit. That way it gives people a choice.
Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 09:42 - Aug 1 with 3283 viewsnordenblue

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 07:33 - Aug 1 by boromat

If you've just had covid why would you need a jab anyway,is that not how the immune system generally works?

Surely the key out of all this is producing a test that's remotely accurate, you cant pass on something you've definitely not got, all this "covid passport" is absolutely nonsense
Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 09:54 - Aug 1 with 3248 viewsisitme

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 09:42 - Aug 1 by nordenblue

If you've just had covid why would you need a jab anyway,is that not how the immune system generally works?

Surely the key out of all this is producing a test that's remotely accurate, you cant pass on something you've definitely not got, all this "covid passport" is absolutely nonsense

I still do not understand after all this time that a test has not been developed that accurately identfies if someone has actually got Covid-19 (not one 20% of colds that are coronaviruses that can trigger a positive test) and are more importantly infectious. Neither the PCR or LFT are fit for purpose.
Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 11:47 - Aug 1 with 3093 viewsncfc_chalky

No restrictions at Notts for vaccinations but if you want to sit with space between you and the next supporter you can buy a ticket in the Pavis stand where you will be socially distanced
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 12:08]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 12:02 - Aug 1 with 3060 viewsTVOS1907

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 11:47 - Aug 1 by ncfc_chalky

No restrictions at Notts for vaccinations but if you want to sit with space between you and the next supporter you can buy a ticket in the Pavis stand where you will be socially distanced
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 12:08]

Is Nottingham a holiday hotspot then?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 12:05 - Aug 1 with 3058 viewsncfc_chalky

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 12:02 - Aug 1 by TVOS1907

Is Nottingham a holiday hotspot then?

A point well made TVOS..

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 03:18 - Aug 2 with 2726 viewsdownunder

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 09:42 - Aug 1 by nordenblue

The new variants can still be carried and passed, even if you have had the vaccine, or the virus. So it seems from what has happened recently (a friend of mine in the UK had been jabbed, but caught Covid). Australia has rapidly gone from no virus to lockdowns, and the more it spreads the more variants we get. Could be a few years before this mess is shifted, unfortunately.
Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 07:07 - Aug 2 with 2647 viewsD_Alien

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 03:18 - Aug 2 by downunder

The new variants can still be carried and passed, even if you have had the vaccine, or the virus. So it seems from what has happened recently (a friend of mine in the UK had been jabbed, but caught Covid). Australia has rapidly gone from no virus to lockdowns, and the more it spreads the more variants we get. Could be a few years before this mess is shifted, unfortunately.

We're quite close (but not quite) to the 'herd immunity' stage here in the UK, hence the drive to get a higher percentage of the younger age group jabbed, including direct incentives such as freebies on fast food, ubers, etc.

Countries such as those downunder will inevitably take longer to reach that stage, having been far less exposed to incoming variants. The good news is that variants tend to weaken in virulence over time, or at least they always have done

Nothing is certain, except that half-baked opinions will continue to be put forward as 'absolute this' or 'absolute that'

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Vaccine passports needed to watch league football on 12:40 - Aug 2 with 2425 views49thseason

A new UK- developed vaccine is going into trials in South Africa, which could solve the varient problem permanently and will also "kill" the virus rather than just ameliorate the symptoms. The platform it has been developed on was used in a Melanoma trial 6 years ago which proved its safety ( and also "cured" 14 out of 16 patients with level 4 cancer who are still alive despite a maximum 6 months prognosis).
https://www.biopharma-reporter.com/Article/2021/08/02/Could-DNA-based-COVID-19-v
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024