Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale Shares 12:49 - Jul 25 with 4794 viewsBrightonDale

Hello all,

I had a question regarding some shares that I own. When I was a child my grandad, the late great Jack Hammill, gave me 10 shares in my name. I treated this piece of paper with the respect that one would expect of a young person unaware of its gravitas and importance. They are lost. I wondered if you could let me know who I should contact regarding this?

Hope this isn't too obvious a question. Thanks. Up the Dale!
Rochdale Shares on 13:11 - Jul 25 with 4696 viewspioneer

Do you receive the mailings to shareholders every year. If not then the club will not have your current contact details. You need to contact the club secretary to update your details.

Not surehow important the actual share certificate is. After multiple house moves I cannot find mine but I still receive notices, annual reports etc and participated in the recent meetings.
Rochdale Shares on 13:15 - Jul 25 with 4679 views49thseason

Write to the club and maybe send a photocopy of a passport or other similar proof of identity and ask for a new certificate. They might charge a couple of quid.
Rochdale Shares on 13:19 - Jul 25 with 4670 viewsBrierls

The club should be able to confirm your shareholding and send out any documentation - https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/club/contact-us4/

I’d urge you to keep your shares. If you are thinking of selling, please only sell to a Dale fan, not the likes of Jarvis, Curran or Rose. I’d buy your shares, as I’m sure many Dale fans would, to protect the club from these vultures.
Rochdale Shares on 13:57 - Jul 25 with 4561 viewsBrightonDale

Thanks a lot for the replies! I wanted to know where they are purely for the sake of protecting Dale from anyone unscrupulous.
Rochdale Shares on 15:23 - Jul 27 with 3952 viewsDorkingDale

Jon, your name is on the list issued by The Trust on Sunday of shareholders they wish to contact. Jack is also on there so there must silll be shares in his name.
Rochdale Shares on 13:50 - Jul 28 with 3423 viewsMilnDale

Afternoon All,
When you say there is a list issued by the trust of members they wish to contact. I assume you mean the trust wish to contact ? I bought shares at the last offering to fans (100 I think ) I'm happy to let the trust know (and everyone else) that these are not for sale at any price.
If anyone from the trust wants to get in touch via this forum, please do so.
Would also like to thank all those involved with saving our club from these sharks.

Up The Dale.
Rochdale Shares on 14:00 - Jul 28 with 3367 viewsboromat

Rochdale Shares on 13:50 - Jul 28 by MilnDale

Afternoon All,
When you say there is a list issued by the trust of members they wish to contact. I assume you mean the trust wish to contact ? I bought shares at the last offering to fans (100 I think ) I'm happy to let the trust know (and everyone else) that these are not for sale at any price.
Would also like to thank all those involved with saving our club from these sharks.

Up The Dale.

Yes there was a list of names emailed to trust members (all of which were already available in the public domain). The trust has asked members if they know any of the people in the list if they could help by contacting those that they know to confirm their stance and to feed this back to the trust.

I'm sure the trust will be grateful to be able to tick off your name in support of the trust's efforts.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Rochdale Shares on 14:02 - Jul 28 with 3351 viewsRAFCBLUE

Rochdale Shares on 13:50 - Jul 28 by MilnDale

Afternoon All,

Up The Dale.

Email : info@daletrust.co.uk

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale Shares on 14:07 - Jul 28 with 3337 viewsBarrowdale

Rochdale Shares on 14:02 - Jul 28 by RAFCBLUE

Email : info@daletrust.co.uk

We have contacted the club as one of the names on the list. Ours are being transfered go them for no chg.
in reality once this shenanigans is over they wont be worth much again so if people fancy it, get them offered an transferred. What better time or better cause could there be.
Ps. I think I now admit Bottomley a total charlatan. Mea culpa!!
Rochdale Shares on 14:12 - Jul 28 with 3307 viewsMilnDale

Thanks everyone, I'll email the trust and let them my shares are not for sale.
Rochdale Shares on 14:13 - Jul 28 with 3297 viewsDrigdale

No need to apologise Barrowdale. You are not the only one taken in, afraid I was as well. At least we have seen the error of our ways.
Great gesture to donate your shares for the cause. Lets hope more do.
Rochdale Shares on 14:16 - Jul 28 with 3279 viewsDaleiLama

Just to avoid anything slipping through the cracks, below are links to join the trust and the Trust e-mail newsletter in full.

Link to membership page

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/05/membership-for-2021-22-now-open/

Link to join for a fiver

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/adult-exile-membership/

Link to join for for free u16 s

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/junior-membership/

Link for multiple membership

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/multiple-membership/

Update to supporters
With so much going on in recent weeks, we thought we’d give you a rundown of where things are up to with the ownership of the Club and the hostile takeover attempt by Andy Curran and Darrell Rose.

WHAT IS HAPPENING?
Darrell Rose and Andy Curran have launched a hostile takeover bid of Rochdale Association Football Club via Darrell Rose’s company Morton House Mgt and First Form Construction Limited (registered company number: 03779852) which was launched on 1 June 2021, the date of the AGM and EGM.

Morton House has three listed Directors Darrell Rose, Faical Safouane and Denise Courtnell. Companies House lists Courtnell has having a controlling interest in the company.

Darrell Rose and Andy Curran are two of the many individuals courted by former CEO David Bottomley with regards to a takeover of the Club under his leadership.

HOW IS A TAKEOVER OF THE CLUB POSSIBLE?
The ownership of Rochdale Association Football Club is broken up into 502,957 ordinary shares which are owned by 337 different parties.

If any one party ever achieves ownership of 251,479 ordinary shares in their own name or consortium, they would control the Club and it would no longer be independent.

HOW MANY SHARES DO ROSE AND CURRAN CURRENTLY HAVE?
Officially, as of right now, zero.

However, there are strong indications that Rose and Curran via a broker called Alex Jarvis of Blackbridge Sports Limited have done a series of small conditional deals with five different shareholders.

The condition that required to be fulfilled for each deal to be completed is that the EFL would support a change of control to Rose and Curran. Without it, those conditional deals with five different shareholders will fall over.

It is highly unlikely that Rose and Curran would invest a significant sum buying shares without being able to guarantee a controlling shareholding.

To be regarded as a valid tranfer, the Club must receive signed transfer forms from the selling party transferring ownership to be the buyer and the transfer be ratified at a Club Board meeting. To date, nothing has been received by the Club.

WHO ARE THE SHAREHOLDERS WHO ARE BELIEVED TO HAVE SOLD TO ROSE AND CURRAN?
The five shareholders who have believed to have sold conditionally are:

Shareholder / Number of ordinary shares sold:
Andrew Kilpatrick 110,000
North Yard Analytics (representing Dan Altman and Emre Marcelli) 37,343
Geregdan LLC (representing Dan Altman and Emre Marcelli) 37,342
Graham Rawlinson 14,250
David Bottomley 12,960
TOTAL 211,895

DO ROSE AND CURRAN HAVE THE ABILITY TO FORM A MAJORITY?
Again, not currently. Even if the five shareholdings above are achieved giving a 42% share in the Club, currently Curran and Rose are still 39,584 shares short of a majority.

WHAT HAPPENS IF ROSE AND CURRAN CAN’T ACHIEVE A MAJORITY SHAREHOLDING?
Without the ability to acquire any further shares they would be a large shareholder but able to be outvoted by the other 58% of shareholders which in the main are 332 different fans many who have held the shares in their families over generations.

They would also require EFL clearance to conclude a deal.

HOW MUCH IS MORTON HOUSE MGT AND FIRST FORM CONSTRUCTION LIMITED WORTH?
Based on its last published accounts in July 2020, just £171,000. That’s not very much.

This is certainly not enough to be able to acquire the shares needed and to inject relevant funds into the Club.
It’s therefore very unclear where the source and uses of the funds for a hostile takeover have come from, something that the Club, EFL and HM Revenue and Customs will be interested to understand.

WHO IS DARRELL ROSE?
Darrell Rose is a very easy person to track down. We know that he has a family-run used car showroom in Worksop and is involved with a couple of housing and construction companies.

WHO IS ANDY CURRAN?
Andy Curran comes with very little digital footprint. For a man with sufficient wealth to purchase a Football Club, we could find very little information regarding his history other than one involvement with a construction company back in 2009. This raised several concerns to us. The only other information that we had involved a link with Swindon Town FC last season, where his son, Taylor Curran was a member of the first-team squad before being transferred to Maidstone United earlier in the Summer.

WHO IS ALEX JARVIS?
Alex Jarvis is listed many times on the internet in relation to his previous deals, and one person that we have spoken to as part of our due diligence (who has had previous dealings with him) simply said to us: “Do not negotiate with Jarvis.” He has been involved in takeovers and attempted takeovers at Barnsley, Hull City, Peterborough and Woking. He is not expected to be part of any future involvement in the Club, and his role is simply to try to acquire sufficient shareholding for Curran and Rose.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We wait and see. As stated above the Club has not yet received any share transfer forms in relation to any shareholder deal.

Should Rose and Curran fail the EFL’s test then not only do they not have a majority shareholding but also, they would not be recognised as capable owners. In that case, the deals would be expected to fail and the five existing shareholders remain as owners of their shares.

Alternatively, Rose and Curran could agree more share purchases with shareholders who wanted to sell to gain an even bigger stake in the Club.

SO WHAT ARE THE TRUST DOING ABOUT IT?
We are fighting this on three fronts

EFL - we remain in constant dialogue with the EFL voicing concerns and things that we have discovered on those involved in the takeover. We have been involved with their Head of Governance citing how we believe this hostile takeover will very much not be in the best interests of the Football Club. We believe that now is the time for the EFL to act in defence of our Football Club rather than trying to pick up the pieces six to twelve months down the line.

Shares - we have been working hard in recent days trying to establish a "shareholders cooperative" that will provide a majority vote against Curran and Rose. We are not looking at purchasing anyone's shares or taking away people's voting rights, . All we are doing is trying to establish 50%+ of the shareholders that are not prepared to sell to Curran and Rose under any circumstances. If we can achieve this, this will provide a huge brick wall in front of Curran and Rose

WHAT CAN TRUST MEMBERS DO ABOUT IT?
The big thing you can do is with the shareholders that we have been unable to contact as of today. We want as many shareholders as possible to let us know that they have no intention of selling their shares under any circumstances. Therefore, if you are in contact with any of the following, please contact them, let them know what is happening and get them to provide us with the assurance that their shares are not up for sale. (all these names are already in the public domain). Alternatively, if you could provide us with their contact details, we can follow it up but it would definitely be easier if you could do it on our behalf.

Any support at this moment will be very much appreciated. Please send any info to info@daletrust.co.uk

This post has been edited by an administrator

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Rochdale Shares on 14:34 - Jul 28 with 3200 viewsfermin

I am surprised there are that many on the list. I thought the Trust had managed to contact most shareholders either by phone or email before the EGM.
Rochdale Shares on 18:33 - Jul 28 with 2863 viewsboromat

Rochdale Shares on 14:16 - Jul 28 by DaleiLama

Just to avoid anything slipping through the cracks, below are links to join the trust and the Trust e-mail newsletter in full.

Link to membership page

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/05/membership-for-2021-22-now-open/

Link to join for a fiver

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/adult-exile-membership/

Link to join for for free u16 s

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/junior-membership/

Link for multiple membership

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/multiple-membership/

Update to supporters
With so much going on in recent weeks, we thought we’d give you a rundown of where things are up to with the ownership of the Club and the hostile takeover attempt by Andy Curran and Darrell Rose.

WHAT IS HAPPENING?
Darrell Rose and Andy Curran have launched a hostile takeover bid of Rochdale Association Football Club via Darrell Rose’s company Morton House Mgt and First Form Construction Limited (registered company number: 03779852) which was launched on 1 June 2021, the date of the AGM and EGM.

Morton House has three listed Directors Darrell Rose, Faical Safouane and Denise Courtnell. Companies House lists Courtnell has having a controlling interest in the company.

Darrell Rose and Andy Curran are two of the many individuals courted by former CEO David Bottomley with regards to a takeover of the Club under his leadership.

HOW IS A TAKEOVER OF THE CLUB POSSIBLE?
The ownership of Rochdale Association Football Club is broken up into 502,957 ordinary shares which are owned by 337 different parties.

If any one party ever achieves ownership of 251,479 ordinary shares in their own name or consortium, they would control the Club and it would no longer be independent.

HOW MANY SHARES DO ROSE AND CURRAN CURRENTLY HAVE?
Officially, as of right now, zero.

However, there are strong indications that Rose and Curran via a broker called Alex Jarvis of Blackbridge Sports Limited have done a series of small conditional deals with five different shareholders.

The condition that required to be fulfilled for each deal to be completed is that the EFL would support a change of control to Rose and Curran. Without it, those conditional deals with five different shareholders will fall over.

It is highly unlikely that Rose and Curran would invest a significant sum buying shares without being able to guarantee a controlling shareholding.

To be regarded as a valid tranfer, the Club must receive signed transfer forms from the selling party transferring ownership to be the buyer and the transfer be ratified at a Club Board meeting. To date, nothing has been received by the Club.

WHO ARE THE SHAREHOLDERS WHO ARE BELIEVED TO HAVE SOLD TO ROSE AND CURRAN?
The five shareholders who have believed to have sold conditionally are:

Shareholder / Number of ordinary shares sold:
Andrew Kilpatrick 110,000
North Yard Analytics (representing Dan Altman and Emre Marcelli) 37,343
Geregdan LLC (representing Dan Altman and Emre Marcelli) 37,342
Graham Rawlinson 14,250
David Bottomley 12,960
TOTAL 211,895

DO ROSE AND CURRAN HAVE THE ABILITY TO FORM A MAJORITY?
Again, not currently. Even if the five shareholdings above are achieved giving a 42% share in the Club, currently Curran and Rose are still 39,584 shares short of a majority.

WHAT HAPPENS IF ROSE AND CURRAN CAN’T ACHIEVE A MAJORITY SHAREHOLDING?
Without the ability to acquire any further shares they would be a large shareholder but able to be outvoted by the other 58% of shareholders which in the main are 332 different fans many who have held the shares in their families over generations.

They would also require EFL clearance to conclude a deal.

HOW MUCH IS MORTON HOUSE MGT AND FIRST FORM CONSTRUCTION LIMITED WORTH?
Based on its last published accounts in July 2020, just £171,000. That’s not very much.

This is certainly not enough to be able to acquire the shares needed and to inject relevant funds into the Club.
It’s therefore very unclear where the source and uses of the funds for a hostile takeover have come from, something that the Club, EFL and HM Revenue and Customs will be interested to understand.

WHO IS DARRELL ROSE?
Darrell Rose is a very easy person to track down. We know that he has a family-run used car showroom in Worksop and is involved with a couple of housing and construction companies.

WHO IS ANDY CURRAN?
Andy Curran comes with very little digital footprint. For a man with sufficient wealth to purchase a Football Club, we could find very little information regarding his history other than one involvement with a construction company back in 2009. This raised several concerns to us. The only other information that we had involved a link with Swindon Town FC last season, where his son, Taylor Curran was a member of the first-team squad before being transferred to Maidstone United earlier in the Summer.

WHO IS ALEX JARVIS?
Alex Jarvis is listed many times on the internet in relation to his previous deals, and one person that we have spoken to as part of our due diligence (who has had previous dealings with him) simply said to us: “Do not negotiate with Jarvis.” He has been involved in takeovers and attempted takeovers at Barnsley, Hull City, Peterborough and Woking. He is not expected to be part of any future involvement in the Club, and his role is simply to try to acquire sufficient shareholding for Curran and Rose.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We wait and see. As stated above the Club has not yet received any share transfer forms in relation to any shareholder deal.

Should Rose and Curran fail the EFL’s test then not only do they not have a majority shareholding but also, they would not be recognised as capable owners. In that case, the deals would be expected to fail and the five existing shareholders remain as owners of their shares.

Alternatively, Rose and Curran could agree more share purchases with shareholders who wanted to sell to gain an even bigger stake in the Club.

SO WHAT ARE THE TRUST DOING ABOUT IT?
We are fighting this on three fronts

EFL - we remain in constant dialogue with the EFL voicing concerns and things that we have discovered on those involved in the takeover. We have been involved with their Head of Governance citing how we believe this hostile takeover will very much not be in the best interests of the Football Club. We believe that now is the time for the EFL to act in defence of our Football Club rather than trying to pick up the pieces six to twelve months down the line.

Shares - we have been working hard in recent days trying to establish a "shareholders cooperative" that will provide a majority vote against Curran and Rose. We are not looking at purchasing anyone's shares or taking away people's voting rights, . All we are doing is trying to establish 50%+ of the shareholders that are not prepared to sell to Curran and Rose under any circumstances. If we can achieve this, this will provide a huge brick wall in front of Curran and Rose

WHAT CAN TRUST MEMBERS DO ABOUT IT?
The big thing you can do is with the shareholders that we have been unable to contact as of today. We want as many shareholders as possible to let us know that they have no intention of selling their shares under any circumstances. Therefore, if you are in contact with any of the following, please contact them, let them know what is happening and get them to provide us with the assurance that their shares are not up for sale. (all these names are already in the public domain). Alternatively, if you could provide us with their contact details, we can follow it up but it would definitely be easier if you could do it on our behalf.

Any support at this moment will be very much appreciated. Please send any info to info@daletrust.co.uk

This post has been edited by an administrator

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to post the whole email. I bet Admins have been waiting in the wings for days ready to pounce and edit any posts

Rochdale Shares on 18:48 - Jul 28 with 2804 viewsncfc_chalky

Rochdale Shares on 18:33 - Jul 28 by boromat

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to post the whole email. I bet Admins have been waiting in the wings for days ready to pounce and edit any posts

I can see why they've done it tbf to them even if the owners names are already public knowledge

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Rochdale Shares on 22:39 - Jul 28 with 2457 viewsDaleiLama

Rochdale Shares on 18:33 - Jul 28 by boromat

It was done at the request of the Trust - a decision I respected. Still think there's more to gain than lose (or I wouldn't have posted it) but no issues if the Trust thinks otherwise. Moving on......

Rochdale Shares on 08:43 - Jul 29 with 2213 viewsboromat

Rochdale Shares on 22:39 - Jul 28 by DaleiLama

It was done at the request of the Trust - a decision I respected. Still think there's more to gain than lose (or I wouldn't have posted it) but no issues if the Trust thinks otherwise. Moving on......

Wasn't a dig at you. I entertained the idea as well. Can see both viewpoints. I just took the assumption that if the trust wanted it public they would post it themselves.

Rochdale Shares on 09:28 - Jul 29 with 2121 viewsDaleiLama

Rochdale Shares on 08:43 - Jul 29 by boromat

Wasn't a dig at you. I entertained the idea as well. Can see both viewpoints. I just took the assumption that if the trust wanted it public they would post it themselves.

My reply not a dig at you either. The Trust don't seem to use the MB much these days, preferring Twitter and email, hence my post. I respect their choice of what is made public and how.

Rochdale Shares on 12:44 - Jul 29 with 1949 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale Shares on 09:28 - Jul 29 by DaleiLama

My reply not a dig at you either. The Trust don't seem to use the MB much these days, preferring Twitter and email, hence my post. I respect their choice of what is made public and how.

Please keep us Trust members who don't use Twitter uptodate with anything you consider worth a mention on here

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale Shares on 12:56 - Jul 29 with 1896 viewsDaleiLama

Rochdale Shares on 12:44 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

Please keep us Trust members who don't use Twitter uptodate with anything you consider worth a mention on here

Bien sûr

Rochdale Shares on 13:06 - Jul 29 with 1858 viewsncfc_chalky

Rochdale Shares on 12:44 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

I agree,I don't use Facebook nor Twitter so unless the Trust email me directly then the only to way to be kept up-to-date on Dale matters from this forum

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024