Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update on club ownership from Trust 14:58 - Jul 25 with 7687 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:04 - Jul 25 with 2210 viewsJames1980

Update on club ownership from Trust on 21:59 - Jul 25 by TomRAFC

Both Kilpatrick and the Americans would not have agreed to sell if they didn't want to. Sadly, they don't seem interested in alternative offers. Our best bet may well be to sink this deal first. With their current agreements with Curran and Rose dead in the water, they may be interested in selling to someone the fan base would be happier with.

Didn't A Kilpatrick inherit his shares?

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:08 - Jul 25 with 2183 views_Windydale

Both Kilpatrick and the Americans would not have agreed to sell if they didn't want to. Sadly, they don't seem interested in alternative offers. Our best bet may well be to sink this deal first. With their current agreements with Curran and Rose dead in the water, they may be interested in selling to someone the fan base would be happier with.

Is Andrew Kilpatrick related to David Kilpatrick the overcoat man? If so it's ironic that Andrew has washed his hands of our club and selling his shares to sharks. I know it's dramatizing it, but maybe he fell out with him and this is a stubborn angry reply.
Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:11 - Jul 25 with 2165 viewstony_roch975

Agree - hope those who were so convinced about Altman's support for the Trust at the EGM now realise the Americans were as untrustworthy and self-interested as Curran & Rose

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:17 - Jul 25 with 2141 viewsboromat

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:08 - Jul 25 by _Windydale

Is Andrew Kilpatrick related to David Kilpatrick the overcoat man? If so it's ironic that Andrew has washed his hands of our club and selling his shares to sharks. I know it's dramatizing it, but maybe he fell out with him and this is a stubborn angry reply.

Inherited them from Brian Kilpatrick I believe.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:21 - Jul 25 with 2121 viewsTVOS1907

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:08 - Jul 25 by _Windydale

They aren't related.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:23 - Jul 25 with 2105 viewsTVOS1907

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:17 - Jul 25 by boromat

Inherited them from Brian Kilpatrick I believe.

Yes, Andrew is Brian's son.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:30 - Jul 25 with 2042 views_Windydale

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:21 - Jul 25 by TVOS1907

They aren't related.

Confusing with so many Kilpatrick's.

Looking online it was Brian Kilpatrick a lifelong supporter and Director, I didn't know. In my opinion, It's still a poor do if your family had the club at heart. But decide to sell up to vultures and abandon the club.
Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:41 - Jul 25 with 2017 viewsD_Alien

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:30 - Jul 25 by _Windydale

Confusing with so many Kilpatrick's.

Looking online it was Brian Kilpatrick a lifelong supporter and Director, I didn't know. In my opinion, It's still a poor do if your family had the club at heart. But decide to sell up to vultures and abandon the club.

I'm sure i've read a statement from A. Kilpatrick during his time as Chairman that he cherished the shares he'd inherited and would never see them fall into the wrong hands

What may have changed is his experience as Chairman, but that was no-one's fault but his own. He allowed DB free reign to wreak havoc with our club and he deserved the opprobrium he got then, and he's getting now

If there's anyone with any connection to Andrew reading this thread, let him know -there's a very simple way to redeem yourself and preserve the Kilpatrick (the southern ones) legacy

Withdraw your shares from sale to the bandits. If you wish to sell, contact the current board and start a proper process to preserve the integrity of the club you claimed to love

[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 22:43]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:43 - Jul 25 with 2001 viewsJames1980

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:41 - Jul 25 by D_Alien

I'm sure i've read a statement from A. Kilpatrick during his time as Chairman that he cherished the shares he'd inherited and would never see them fall into the wrong hands

What may have changed is his experience as Chairman, but that was no-one's fault but his own. He allowed DB free reign to wreak havoc with our club and he deserved the opprobrium he got then, and he's getting now

If there's anyone with any connection to Andrew reading this thread, let him know -there's a very simple way to redeem yourself and preserve the Kilpatrick (the southern ones) legacy

Withdraw your shares from sale to the bandits. If you wish to sell, contact the current board and start a proper process to preserve the integrity of the club you claimed to love

[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 22:43]

Has he been duped by the superficial charm of a psychopath?

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:44 - Jul 25 with 1994 viewsD_Alien

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:43 - Jul 25 by James1980

Has he been duped by the superficial charm of a psychopath?

No

Or at least, no longer

[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 22:47]

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:46 - Jul 25 with 1973 views1907

Are we absolutely certain of that or are we just assuming? Do we know what price has been “agreed”? Can we better the value of the deal to dissuade him from selling? You’re talking about 110,000 shares or so here. If Kilpatrick can be turned then it’s literally game over.
Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:53 - Jul 25 with 1941 viewsJames1980

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:46 - Jul 25 by 1907

Are we absolutely certain of that or are we just assuming? Do we know what price has been “agreed”? Can we better the value of the deal to dissuade him from selling? You’re talking about 110,000 shares or so here. If Kilpatrick can be turned then it’s literally game over.

Open letter?

Update on club ownership from Trust on 23:00 - Jul 25 with 1917 viewsD_Alien

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:53 - Jul 25 by James1980

Open letter?

No!!!!!!

FFS can we lose the special pleading mentality?

It may have had its place but i firmly believe the decisions that've been taken are based on a range of factors, not down to supplications

[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 23:03]

Update on club ownership from Trust on 23:03 - Jul 25 with 1893 views_Windydale

Update on club ownership from Trust on 23:00 - Jul 25 by D_Alien

No!!!!!!

FFS can we lose the special pleading mentality?

It may have had its place but i firmly believe the decisions that've been taken are based on a range of factors, not down to supplications

[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 23:03]

Maybe James can give it one last try. Write a poignant song or something.
Update on club ownership from Trust on 23:05 - Jul 25 with 1876 viewsD_Alien

Update on club ownership from Trust on 23:03 - Jul 25 by _Windydale

Maybe James can give it one last try. Write a poignant song or something.

If he knows how to write for a merchant banker...

Update on club ownership from Trust on 23:25 - Jul 25 with 1801 viewsNewbury_Dale

Have the trust had any dialogue with Kilpatrick lately ? Is he willing to consider offers for his shares from other, non-hostile parties ?
Update on club ownership from Trust on 23:27 - Jul 25 with 1799 viewsJames1980

Update on club ownership from Trust on 23:05 - Jul 25 by D_Alien

If he knows how to write for a merchant banker...

Probably take a full opera.

Update on club ownership from Trust on 23:30 - Jul 25 with 1780 viewsD_Alien

Update on club ownership from Trust on 23:27 - Jul 25 by James1980

Probably take a full opera.

Actually, that's a decent response James

Get on with the libretto

Update on club ownership from Trust on 23:35 - Jul 25 with 1756 views_Windydale

Update on club ownership from Trust on 23:25 - Jul 25 by Newbury_Dale

Have the trust had any dialogue with Kilpatrick lately ? Is he willing to consider offers for his shares from other, non-hostile parties ?

Probably too busy to bother with little old Rochdale. I noticed he's now a Director for a London shipping company as of Jan 2021 who owns a cargo ship. Not the club is unimportant, just his lofty priorities are elsewhere.
Update on club ownership from Trust on 23:48 - Jul 25 with 1727 viewsBrierls

Update on club ownership from Trust on 22:53 - Jul 25 by James1980

Open letter?

Here’s an open letter to Andrew Kilpatrick - https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2014/may/club-statement-mr-brian-kilpatrick/

If his late father’s love and dedication to this football club isn’t enough to stop him selling to Curran and Rose, who only have their own interests at heart, then an open letter from fans isn’t going to matter one bit.

It may be that he was duped into believing Curran & Rose had the means to legitimately invest and grow the club. It may be the personal reasons for him stepping down as chairman were used against him. Who knows, but they are ready made excuses. One thing is for sure, his shares should be sold to those with Dale blood running through their veins. It’s not too late for him to make that happen.
Update on club ownership from Trust on 00:01 - Jul 26 with 1693 views49thseason

The club could buy back some of the shares and put them back in the treasury. To be honest, the easiest buy- back would be Graham Rawlinsons shares. His main crime was failure to know was going on, I dont think there was really any premeditation about selling them until he was not re-elected. However, his actions since have poisoned the well of goodwill to the extent that I think he just wants to sell his shares to someone, anyone! He will never be welcome back at the COA if he sells to Curran, but if he offered his sharesto the Trust or even the club to buy back he would at least not be tarred with the same brush as Bottomley.
Update on club ownership from Trust on 09:42 - Jul 26 with 1339 viewsmikehunt

It’s the “at any price” bit that slightly concerns me. We all have our price. If they needed to mop up a controlling amount,for £100 per share say, I’m not sure if many shareholders could afford to ignore such an offer.
Let’s hope their pockets are not so deep.

I feel so sorry for the Trust and Board. To have to deal with this sh1t and run the club at the same time must be an absolute nightmare.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024