Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update on club ownership from Trust 14:58 - Jul 25 with 7675 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Update on club ownership from Trust on 15:31 - Jul 25 with 5314 viewsD_Alien

Excellent update, providing as much clarity as the murky waters allow

Meanwhile, the question of how the personal details of shareholders were obtained by the interested parties remains to be addressed, though i understand this might not be pursued without risk to the club in terms of potential breaches of information legislation by those who were classed as employees at the time the breach occurred

There's also risk to the parties in pursuing a hostile takeover without proof of funds. As well as the obvious danger to our club, there's the annoying possibility that no definitive conclusion might be reached until such time as the club makes itself inviolable in terms of ownership in the common interest of fans. That end must be pursued with all possible alacrity

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Update on club ownership from Trust on 15:35 - Jul 25 with 5284 viewsvisualman

This is good on the share front as the last email I got from the trust said they had the shares
But this read a lot better in our favour
As to get the shares they need to pass EFL test first
Can someone not get to the 2 Americans and get their shares off them this weekens the deal for the 2 low life scum trying to take over our club
I’ve not even mention the 2 F**knits who we get rid of as directors with one trying to sell us down a river for a long time he is a no good little shit who needs to crawl under a rock
Update on club ownership from Trust on 15:52 - Jul 25 with 5175 viewsrafc_ryan

Is AK’s shares of 100,000 before the 50,000 that the trust has bought? Or what he has remaining after the purchase

[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 15:53]
Update on club ownership from Trust on 15:58 - Jul 25 with 5131 viewsncfc_chalky

Couldn't somebody draw up a list of supporters who would be willing to buy the shares should anyone be willing to sell?
I'm sure that the sellers would rather them go to Dale fans rather than outsiders

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Update on club ownership from Trust on 15:59 - Jul 25 with 5124 viewsJames1980

I wonder if National media would get onboard with the trust appeal for shareholders to come forward. Discounted or even free advert in a national newspaper. Would a representative from the trust and club be happy to go on Talksport, Radio 5, BBC Manchester and perhaps LBC.

Update on club ownership from Trust on 16:00 - Jul 25 with 5111 viewsboromat

Update on club ownership from Trust on 15:52 - Jul 25 by rafc_ryan

Is AK’s shares of 100,000 before the 50,000 that the trust has bought? Or what he has remaining after the purchase

[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 15:53]

You're getting your AKs mixed up. Easy done.

Also the email version to trust members has additional info on how we may be able to help. Please all look out for the email and have a good read.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 16:01]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Update on club ownership from Trust on 16:12 - Jul 25 with 5037 viewsD_Alien

Update on club ownership from Trust on 16:00 - Jul 25 by boromat

Also the email version to trust members has additional info on how we may be able to help. Please all look out for the email and have a good read.

Yes, the email (just read) has more on the vital steps being taken to fight the hostile takeover. I'd only read the twitter-link version before my previous post

Update on club ownership from Trust on 16:21 - Jul 25 with 4981 viewswozzrafc

As I see it the top and bottom of it is it’s a race for all involved in the club to ensure they have 50% of the shareholders on side to stop this .

If you know any shareholders get them to email the trust with their support . If 50% +1 of share votes can be secured then Curran will go away.
Login to get fewer ads

Update on club ownership from Trust on 16:22 - Jul 25 with 4976 viewsrafc_ryan

Update on club ownership from Trust on 16:00 - Jul 25 by boromat

Ahhhh yes thanks for pointing out!
Update on club ownership from Trust on 16:42 - Jul 25 with 4889 viewsDalenet

Does anybody know what the "conditional offer to buy" price was? If fans could match that price the shareholders wanting to sell would have a suitable incentive. We have heard anything from £2 to £6 being mooted
Update on club ownership from Trust on 16:45 - Jul 25 with 4876 viewsJames1980

Update on club ownership from Trust on 16:42 - Jul 25 by Dalenet

Does anybody know what the "conditional offer to buy" price was? If fans could match that price the shareholders wanting to sell would have a suitable incentive. We have heard anything from £2 to £6 being mooted

Wasn't £10 mentioned?

Update on club ownership from Trust on 16:49 - Jul 25 with 4862 viewsNorthernDale

Can the supporters trust or the remaining clubs, not offer to buy the shares or part of the shares off Altman or kilpatrick, and so undermine any hostile takeover of the club. Also as the supporters trust offered to buy the shares of the 342 independent shareholders.

Also if the construction company is only worth £171,000, this raises the potential of them lending the money and passing the loan onto the books of the Dale. So they own the club and ground with no debt attached to themselves. This happened at Man Utd and I believe Halsall passed his debts onto Charltons books following his takeover some years ago.

They remind me of Stewart Day and Bury, a man with limited resources, who succeed in taking of the club, borrowed money in the name of Bury FC, proposed selling the ground for development (he did offer to build a new ground) and it would seem he then used most of the money to support his other businesses. So how can they afford the money without borrowing and what financial benefit is there in them owning Rochdale, besides using the club as a cash cow.
Update on club ownership from Trust on 16:56 - Jul 25 with 4805 viewsJames1980

If it is a charity could A Kilpatrick not donate his shares to the trust as a sort of advanced inheritance tax dodge?

Update on club ownership from Trust on 17:01 - Jul 25 with 4768 viewsNewbury_Dale

A further reminder that Andrew Kelly's decision to rebuff the advances of the hostile takeover, and sell to the trust, could effectively save the club.
Update on club ownership from Trust on 17:08 - Jul 25 with 4732 viewsDaleiLama

I wouldn't want to put a penny in the pockets of either of the departing Directors even if they would offer their holding for sale. Dan and Emre's holding should probably be the most 'available' shsres as they were most recently acquired and may be available to buy back at cost if this was decided by the Trust as a strategy worth pursuing.

Meanwhile, the strategy outlined is t zero cost and could nip this in the bud at source. Longer term the share issue avenue is the next level of protection.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Update on club ownership from Trust on 17:16 - Jul 25 with 4688 viewsDaleiLama

It's also worth pointing out, as RAFCBLUE has several times, that selling shares to a construction company with limited visible assets which suddenly comes up with a hoard of treasure may not be quite the sweet deal that Mr Jarvis is suggesting longer term, were the money to turn out to be from illegitimate sources. Not for a second saying it is, but seller beware.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Update on club ownership from Trust on 17:35 - Jul 25 with 4580 viewsjonahwhereru

Being approximately 40k short of a majority shareholding and by the looks of it a good few thousand pounds short of having the funds available to match their aspiration, I would say the sharks are in a spot of bother.
Given the make up of those shareholding’s where the intention to sell to the sharks or to the good guys, or retain, is not publicly know I think we are in a decent position.
As I see If after nearly a month they are still around 40k shares short of gaining control, it is unlikely that the long standing shareholder families like the Marsh’s or those holding 5k share or less are likely to choose to sell to the gangsters now. Plus we need to bare in mind there are several directors who do not yet have shareholding’s, although they have lodged money to buy shares when the opportunity presents itself. Surely the likes of Simon Gauge and Jamie Sarsfield will also be in the market to buy some shares of anyone minded to sell.
As each day passes I think the task gets more difficult for messrs Rose and Curran.
My question is which comes first the proof of funds or the fit and proper person test. Surely the EFL have had sufficient time to prove / or not the latter.
Update on club ownership from Trust on 17:42 - Jul 25 with 4551 viewsJames1980

What's the score with the other AK? It seems a bit off that he is prepared to sell out to these sharks. Is it possible he has been misled by a dodgy former toy salesman as to how this takeover might 'benefit' our club?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 17:49]

Update on club ownership from Trust on 17:55 - Jul 25 with 4491 viewsD_Alien

Update on club ownership from Trust on 17:35 - Jul 25 by jonahwhereru

Being approximately 40k short of a majority shareholding and by the looks of it a good few thousand pounds short of having the funds available to match their aspiration, I would say the sharks are in a spot of bother.
Given the make up of those shareholding’s where the intention to sell to the sharks or to the good guys, or retain, is not publicly know I think we are in a decent position.
As I see If after nearly a month they are still around 40k shares short of gaining control, it is unlikely that the long standing shareholder families like the Marsh’s or those holding 5k share or less are likely to choose to sell to the gangsters now. Plus we need to bare in mind there are several directors who do not yet have shareholding’s, although they have lodged money to buy shares when the opportunity presents itself. Surely the likes of Simon Gauge and Jamie Sarsfield will also be in the market to buy some shares of anyone minded to sell.
As each day passes I think the task gets more difficult for messrs Rose and Curran.
My question is which comes first the proof of funds or the fit and proper person test. Surely the EFL have had sufficient time to prove / or not the latter.

As i understand it, the EFL have yet to receive the required notification in order to start their 'fit and proper person' or 'proof of funds' tests

Not sure they do them pre-emptively, although the point made in the Trust update about the EFL being proactive given what's already been established is absolutely spot on

Update on club ownership from Trust on 18:11 - Jul 25 with 4433 viewsBrierls

Update on club ownership from Trust on 17:35 - Jul 25 by jonahwhereru

While I don’t disagree with much of what you say, nobody should rest until it’s confirmed Curran and Rose are unwilling or unable to own shares in the football club.

Don’t underestimate the funds available. If the net worth/capital of the company used was an indication of funds, they wouldn’t have been able to agree the terms they currently have for shares.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 18:34]
Update on club ownership from Trust on 18:32 - Jul 25 with 4338 viewsnumber30

I am a small shareholder (50 shares) and noticed my name on the list on the Trust email. I have emailed the trust with my details (I'm also a Trust member) and I'm more than happy to either vote with the Trust or give them my proxy vote on any voting matters.
Update on club ownership from Trust on 18:50 - Jul 25 with 4254 viewsboromat

Update on club ownership from Trust on 18:32 - Jul 25 by number30

I am a small shareholder (50 shares) and noticed my name on the list on the Trust email. I have emailed the trust with my details (I'm also a Trust member) and I'm more than happy to either vote with the Trust or give them my proxy vote on any voting matters.

The more of that we hear the easier we'll all sleep at night.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Update on club ownership from Trust on 19:00 - Jul 25 with 4191 viewsBrierls

Update on club ownership from Trust on 18:32 - Jul 25 by number30

That’s really good to hear and I hope many others feel the same way.

If the smaller shareholders have a “not for sale at any price to non-Dale fans” stance these vultures are dead in the water. That stance is put to the test if an inflated price per share is offered. I’m pretty sure those fans with shares in Dale aren’t in it for an investment and return, but it may be more tempting for those who have inherited shares and don’t have the same connection with the club. Fans are duty bound to hammer home the implications of selling outside of the Dale family.
Update on club ownership from Trust on 21:18 - Jul 25 with 3789 views1907

Surely something can be done with Andrew Kilpatrick’s shares here? I genuinely do not believe a man who was chairman of the club 12 months ago would want to be seen as the king maker in selling his shares to the devil? Can we not club together, behind the trust & buy his shares? That would be the final nail in the coffin of the hostile takeover.
Update on club ownership from Trust on 21:59 - Jul 25 with 3647 viewsTomRAFC

Update on club ownership from Trust on 21:18 - Jul 25 by 1907

Surely something can be done with Andrew Kilpatrick’s shares here? I genuinely do not believe a man who was chairman of the club 12 months ago would want to be seen as the king maker in selling his shares to the devil? Can we not club together, behind the trust & buy his shares? That would be the final nail in the coffin of the hostile takeover.

Both Kilpatrick and the Americans would not have agreed to sell if they didn't want to. Sadly, they don't seem interested in alternative offers. Our best bet may well be to sink this deal first. With their current agreements with Curran and Rose dead in the water, they may be interested in selling to someone the fan base would be happier with.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024