Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanchez - Dales best ever. 21:21 - Jul 26 with 4503 views_Windydale

I was watching a youtube showreel of Sanchez and I do miss this fella in goal.

I think he's been our best-ever goalie. And what a great temperament and distribution too.

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 21:30 - Jul 27 with 1157 viewsmingthemerciless

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 20:51 - Jul 27 by pioneer

Yes, I think Pooles career was limited by being thrown in at the deep end at a young age. Talk about baptism of fire. With better management I think his career could have been more successful. Ended up taking the silver dollar across the pond.

Godfrey played some amazing games but always carried with him the baggage of having been brought into the team for the FACup replay at Colchester after Dave Tennants nightmare last 5 minutes in the 3-3 draw. Having been drawn at home to Revies great Leeds team on the Monday lunchtime we went out and got hammered 5-0 in the replay that evening. I wasn’t at the replay, Ihad school on Tuesday morning (not that I would have learnt anything...we were all in a daze).

Tennant never played for Rochdale again.

That really was what might have been. When it was 3-1 Tony Buck was called back for an offside when he was clean through. I was right in line and he wasn’t off side. As it was it looked like it wasn’t going to matter at the time.
That was a good Colchester side, they were better than Leeds in the next round and won comfortably.
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 08:56 - Jul 28 with 976 viewspioneer

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 21:30 - Jul 27 by mingthemerciless

That really was what might have been. When it was 3-1 Tony Buck was called back for an offside when he was clean through. I was right in line and he wasn’t off side. As it was it looked like it wasn’t going to matter at the time.
That was a good Colchester side, they were better than Leeds in the next round and won comfortably.

not good enough to get promoted from division 4 though.
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:10 - Jul 29 with 735 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 08:56 - Jul 28 by pioneer

not good enough to get promoted from division 4 though.

Couple who have been missed are Ian Gray (not to be confused with Gareth) who was superb and who had to end his career early due to injury.

We also had a keeper (Williams?) on loan off Burnley when they were as crap as us. Think it was only for 5 games or so but think he only let 2 in, and saved a penalty vs Burnley for us as we won!

So many good keepers until someone rung Kenny Dalglish at Blackburn!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:16 - Jul 29 with 709 viewsTVOS1907

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:10 - Jul 29 by Thacks_Rabbits

Couple who have been missed are Ian Gray (not to be confused with Gareth) who was superb and who had to end his career early due to injury.

We also had a keeper (Williams?) on loan off Burnley when they were as crap as us. Think it was only for 5 games or so but think he only let 2 in, and saved a penalty vs Burnley for us as we won!

David Williams played in both games against Burnley that season; once for Dale and once for Burnley.

He made eight appearances all told for Dale, although one (at Aldershot) was expunged from the records. He conceded nine goals, including four at Coventry in the League Cup.

The penalty he saved was from Andy Flounders while playing for Burnley, who were Fourth Division champions that season. Dale, of course, lost that game 3-1 and missed out on the play-offs as a result.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:16 - Jul 29 with 708 viewsboromat

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:10 - Jul 29 by Thacks_Rabbits

Ian Gray does get forgotten but was the keeper when I first started watching and was a great keeper.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 20:25 - Jul 29 with 584 viewsnordenblue

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:16 - Jul 29 by boromat

Ian Gray does get forgotten but was the keeper when I first started watching and was a great keeper.

Yes very good keeper, surprised Frank Fielding hasn't been mentioned, from the old school of bonkers keepers who go for a wander regularly but a top top keeper for us during his time and no coincidence he played at a higher level most his career
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 20:37 - Jul 29 with 562 viewsseasidedale

Suprised no one has mentioned Keith Welch, excellent keeper in poor team, talking of Tony Godfrey, the game v Aston Villa was the best game I have ever seen a dale keeper have. He made excellent save after save, scoring 10 in the form rating in the New of the World (I think), Villa we’re running away with league, kept us in our half the whole game except for one attack we made earned a pen, scored won 1-0
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 20:59 - Jul 29 with 548 viewsEllDale

Martin Hodge had a decent season in the Sutton era as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024