Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanchez - Dales best ever. 21:21 - Jul 26 with 4475 views_Windydale

I was watching a youtube showreel of Sanchez and I do miss this fella in goal.

I think he's been our best-ever goalie. And what a great temperament and distribution too.

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 21:29 - Jul 26 with 3284 views442Dale

He was very good for us but made mistakes, albeit in an environment where he was able to and learn this progressing to where he is today - something which has improved his standing. A three-quarter season up against legends like Edwards and Welch, stalwarts like Lillis, brilliant campaigns like Martin Hodge and short stints of huge impact like Heaton means Sanchez won’t ever be Dale’s best... even if he might end up being the best keeper who once played for Dale when his career is done.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 21:49]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 22:06 - Jul 26 with 3176 views100notout

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 21:29 - Jul 26 by 442Dale

He was very good for us but made mistakes, albeit in an environment where he was able to and learn this progressing to where he is today - something which has improved his standing. A three-quarter season up against legends like Edwards and Welch, stalwarts like Lillis, brilliant campaigns like Martin Hodge and short stints of huge impact like Heaton means Sanchez won’t ever be Dale’s best... even if he might end up being the best keeper who once played for Dale when his career is done.

not forgetting Marcus Hahnemann too

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 22:07 - Jul 26 with 3172 viewsboromat

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 22:06 - Jul 26 by 100notout

not forgetting Marcus Hahnemann too

Always the one that comes to my mind absolute beast. Lesser keepers have had bigger impacts on the team though. Conrad Logan for example.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 22:23 - Jul 26 with 3113 views100notout

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 22:07 - Jul 26 by boromat

Always the one that comes to my mind absolute beast. Lesser keepers have had bigger impacts on the team though. Conrad Logan for example.

Aye - how could I forget about Conrad - we've had some fantastic keepers over the years and a some terrible ones! Probably one of the easiest positions to have an all time best and worst top 10.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 22:52 - Jul 26 with 3031 viewsnordenblue

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 22:07 - Jul 26 by boromat

Andy Lonergan wasn't too bad either for the short time he was here
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 00:07 - Jul 27 with 2913 viewspioneer

Old timers will remember Les Green in the 60s. Fantastic playing in a poor team. Signed by Cloughie at Derby and was their first choice goalie as they won the second division and became a constant challenger in the first division. He left them for South Africa the season Derby won the title.
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 00:19 - Jul 27 with 2890 viewsD_Alien

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 00:07 - Jul 27 by pioneer

Old timers will remember Les Green in the 60s. Fantastic playing in a poor team. Signed by Cloughie at Derby and was their first choice goalie as they won the second division and became a constant challenger in the first division. He left them for South Africa the season Derby won the title.

And living proof that height isn't necessary if you have all the other attributes. About 5' 9" i think, but he could outleap anyone to claim the ball

Chris Harker is also worth a mention, our keeper in the promotion season. Unspectacular but solid and brave as they come

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 03:37 - Jul 27 with 2779 viewspioneer

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 00:19 - Jul 27 by D_Alien

And living proof that height isn't necessary if you have all the other attributes. About 5' 9" i think, but he could outleap anyone to claim the ball

Chris Harker is also worth a mention, our keeper in the promotion season. Unspectacular but solid and brave as they come

And to show how things in this world are all connected it was in a clash with Chris Harker playing for Bury that ended Cloughies playing career leading him into to his managerial career. He signed Green from the Dale who then signed Harker.
Login to get fewer ads

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 09:20 - Jul 27 with 2600 viewsTomRAFC

Sanchez had cat like responses and he had a great kick on him. He could be cool under pressure, too cool, way too cool. Then bad things happened. Absolutely brilliant keeper, but I think it's hard to call him the best.

Hahnemann, Heaton, Logan, were all great in their time here. Special nod for Tommy Lee's service during the playoffs as well. We should have signed him.

For me, it will be hard for anyone to knock Edwards off that pedestal. Great keeper in a sometimes awful team, and a great character as well.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 09:28 - Jul 27 with 2585 viewscumbria_dale

Steve Banks was superior when we had him on loan 01-02 season. Did we have Banks and Hahnemann on loan in the same season?
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 09:30 - Jul 27 with 2580 viewsmingthemerciless

Another vote for Les Green , he’s been the best of the keeper’s I’ve seen at Spotland.
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 09:41 - Jul 27 with 2562 viewselectricblue

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 21:29 - Jul 26 by 442Dale

Add Gibson, Banks,big marcus to that list.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 9:42]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 10:05 - Jul 27 with 2532 views1907

Lonergan, Heaton, Hannemann, Sanchez, Logan would be my top 5 for the last 20 years in order.

Lonergan was absolutely incredible and played a crucial part in keeping us up.

Heaton was just a complete different level of class & stood out like a sore thumb in terms of quality.

Hannemann was a giant & came to us in a different era where we hadn’t been quite so spoiled with quality players.

Sanchez is probably the coolest player I’ve ever seen. A mountain on his line with immense distribution & an incredible shot stopper. A very talented keeper who is now living up to his potential. Made mistakes but that’s what he was here to do. Bazunu isn’t fit to lace his boots in my opinion.

Logan just sneaks in ahead of Edwards for me. Another unbelievable presence, the highlight being the countless penalty saves. Still remember the one where he nearly folded himself in half in front of the family stand to tip it over the bar. I’ve seen postmen look more like footballers, great character & fond memories of watching him play.

Writing this makes me realise how having important it is to have a strong character between the stocks and how in turn that tends to bring success on the pitch. Lynch certainly has big boots to fill this season but I’m intrigued to see how he performs at a lesser level.
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 13:48 - Jul 27 with 2335 viewsbluevein64

Ted Burgin - England B international - Keepers generally didn't ware gloves in those days anyway, Ted is up there with them for me, he was one of my hero's when I was a kid !
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 13:55 - Jul 27 with 2325 viewsboromat

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 09:20 - Jul 27 by TomRAFC

Sanchez had cat like responses and he had a great kick on him. He could be cool under pressure, too cool, way too cool. Then bad things happened. Absolutely brilliant keeper, but I think it's hard to call him the best.

Hahnemann, Heaton, Logan, were all great in their time here. Special nod for Tommy Lee's service during the playoffs as well. We should have signed him.

For me, it will be hard for anyone to knock Edwards off that pedestal. Great keeper in a sometimes awful team, and a great character as well.

In my time supporting the club, in terms of service to the club, Edwards wins it hands down.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:44 - Jul 27 with 2211 viewsEllDale

So many good keepers.
In addition to all of the above no-one has mentioned Tony Godfrey, Gordon Morritt, Mike Poole, Graeme Crawford, Matt Gilks.
Mind you, they all had plenty of practice!
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:48 - Jul 27 with 2196 viewsdavidab2202

If only we had players in the 10 outfield positions to match our Keepers over the years we may well have reached the Premiership
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:56 - Jul 27 with 2173 viewsBrierls

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 09:28 - Jul 27 by cumbria_dale

Steve Banks was superior when we had him on loan 01-02 season. Did we have Banks and Hahnemann on loan in the same season?

Yep...Hahneman first, followed by Banks from around Xmas time from memory.

Hahnemann was excellent, but Banks was even better. He was absolutely superb. Heaton was the season before them I think and was a class above.
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:57 - Jul 27 with 2170 viewsBrierls

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 09:41 - Jul 27 by electricblue

Add Gibson, Banks,big marcus to that list.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 9:42]

Paul Gibson?!
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:58 - Jul 27 with 2170 viewsMasher

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:44 - Jul 27 by EllDale

So many good keepers.
In addition to all of the above no-one has mentioned Tony Godfrey, Gordon Morritt, Mike Poole, Graeme Crawford, Matt Gilks.
Mind you, they all had plenty of practice!

Mike Poole was ace. Was such a shame he was in such a poor team. I lost count of the number of games he kept us from getting some real hammerings

Up The Dale!!

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 18:12 - Jul 27 with 2145 viewswindowsbug2002

Tom Heaton was too bad either.
Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 18:58 - Jul 27 with 2076 viewsTomRAFC

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:56 - Jul 27 by Brierls

Yep...Hahneman first, followed by Banks from around Xmas time from memory.

Hahnemann was excellent, but Banks was even better. He was absolutely superb. Heaton was the season before them I think and was a class above.

Hahnehmann was 2001, then Heaton in 2009-2010.

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 19:01 - Jul 27 with 2074 viewsTomRAFC

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:57 - Jul 27 by Brierls

Paul Gibson?!

I did wonder about that one. He stood in for Taffy during one of his big injuries and he was... not the best.

There may be another Gibson I don't recall.

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 19:45 - Jul 27 with 2003 viewselectricblue

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:57 - Jul 27 by Brierls

Paul Gibson?!

Think i have got Gibson and Banks mixed up......

I seem to remember it toom Banks a couple of games to show his talent........
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 19:47]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 20:51 - Jul 27 with 1912 viewspioneer

Sanchez - Dales best ever. on 17:58 - Jul 27 by Masher

Mike Poole was ace. Was such a shame he was in such a poor team. I lost count of the number of games he kept us from getting some real hammerings

Yes, I think Pooles career was limited by being thrown in at the deep end at a young age. Talk about baptism of fire. With better management I think his career could have been more successful. Ended up taking the silver dollar across the pond.

Godfrey played some amazing games but always carried with him the baggage of having been brought into the team for the FACup replay at Colchester after Dave Tennants nightmare last 5 minutes in the 3-3 draw. Having been drawn at home to Revies great Leeds team on the Monday lunchtime we went out and got hammered 5-0 in the replay that evening. I wasn’t at the replay, Ihad school on Tuesday morning (not that I would have learnt anything...we were all in a daze).

Tennant never played for Rochdale again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024