Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olly Rath 14:38 - Jul 27 with 19520 viewsDale92

Pete o'Rourke stating weve turned down a bid from Rotherham

This is the One, I've waited for

Olly Rath on 20:43 - Jul 27 with 11250 viewsdeeplishblue

Normally this thread would have a couple of pages by now. Guess there's more important things going on at the moment.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Olly Rath on 21:01 - Jul 27 with 11195 viewsEllDale

It’s going to be a long 30 something days until the transfer window shuts.
This is the time of year though when players become unsettled eg Jamie Allen
Olly Rath on 21:36 - Jul 27 with 11051 viewsDaleFan7

Probably means he'll be off in a couple of weeks, thrusting Brierley into the first team fold, too early imo.
Olly Rath on 21:37 - Jul 27 with 11056 viewsoff2div1

Olly Rath on 21:01 - Jul 27 by EllDale

It’s going to be a long 30 something days until the transfer window shuts.
This is the time of year though when players become unsettled eg Jamie Allen

Hasn't Jamie gone to Hull
Olly Rath on 21:37 - Jul 27 with 11043 viewsTVOS1907

Olly Rath on 21:37 - Jul 27 by off2div1

Hasn't Jamie gone to Hull

No, he's at Coventry, via Burton.

Andy Cannon is at Hull, via Portsmouth.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Olly Rath on 21:57 - Jul 27 with 10946 viewsmikehunt

We really need to keep hold of what we’ve got.
Come on Olly, give us another season 😀👍

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Olly Rath on 22:02 - Jul 27 with 10934 viewsboromat

Think a lot of people (me included) were expecting this at some point. He's been close to going in the last 2 windows. If the right offer comes in I'm sure we'll accept.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Olly Rath on 07:13 - Jul 28 with 10491 viewsNorthernDale

I think that if they come back with an improved offer, then we will accept the bid, rumour is we turned down a six figure sum. At the same time, I would be sad to see Rathbone go, but he as been a loyal servant to the club and none of us could begrudge him increasing his pay packet and the fact, he could be playing in the championship in one year's time.

Hopefully they will not come back with an improved offer.
Login to get fewer ads

Olly Rath on 09:46 - Jul 28 with 10185 viewsDareToCalvin

Olly Rath on 07:13 - Jul 28 by NorthernDale

I think that if they come back with an improved offer, then we will accept the bid, rumour is we turned down a six figure sum. At the same time, I would be sad to see Rathbone go, but he as been a loyal servant to the club and none of us could begrudge him increasing his pay packet and the fact, he could be playing in the championship in one year's time.

Hopefully they will not come back with an improved offer.

I should hope it was a six figure sum 😂 end of the day, every player has his price, Ollie’s a terrific player and I’d miss him but this is what we do. We find brilliant young players and sell them on. Hoping Stockdale will have a few Rathbone’s on his shortlist
Olly Rath on 11:01 - Jul 28 with 9928 viewsboromat

Olly Rath on 09:46 - Jul 28 by DareToCalvin

I should hope it was a six figure sum 😂 end of the day, every player has his price, Ollie’s a terrific player and I’d miss him but this is what we do. We find brilliant young players and sell them on. Hoping Stockdale will have a few Rathbone’s on his shortlist

Getting worried he's lost his shortlist or the shortlist has got quite small with players going elsewhere. Hopefully I'm just being overly anxious and everything is in hand.

Olly Rath on 11:43 - Jul 28 with 9782 viewsdaz

Olly Rath on 11:01 - Jul 28 by boromat

Getting worried he's lost his shortlist or the shortlist has got quite small with players going elsewhere. Hopefully I'm just being overly anxious and everything is in hand.

Does nobody else think he might have been told to hang fire with new signings with a possible takeover up in the air? Hope I’m wrong but did cross my mind 🤔
Olly Rath on 12:27 - Jul 28 with 9577 viewsdavidab2202

Olly Rath on 11:43 - Jul 28 by daz

Does nobody else think he might have been told to hang fire with new signings with a possible takeover up in the air? Hope I’m wrong but did cross my mind 🤔

You could well be right and it is an uncertainty we could well do without .Looking at what steps have to be done and approved for any takeover to be confirmed I can't see that happening before the closing of the current transfer window.
What is a fact is that in 10 days time another season of 46 League games commences and if that means going with our current wafer thin squad without any significant additions then it could be another difficult one for all concerned
Whichever way the takeover battle pans out ,by next January we could have a very uphill fight to preserve our Football League status without those signings.
Olly Rath on 12:43 - Jul 28 with 9490 viewsHopwoodblue

Olly Rath on 12:27 - Jul 28 by davidab2202

You could well be right and it is an uncertainty we could well do without .Looking at what steps have to be done and approved for any takeover to be confirmed I can't see that happening before the closing of the current transfer window.
What is a fact is that in 10 days time another season of 46 League games commences and if that means going with our current wafer thin squad without any significant additions then it could be another difficult one for all concerned
Whichever way the takeover battle pans out ,by next January we could have a very uphill fight to preserve our Football League status without those signings.

Think we have to sit tight and wait this out, I’m sure he’s aware and is doing his best.
We might see three or four signings in quick succession over the next few days.
The only thing that surprises me is that I’ve not seen one rumour on here which is not the norm for this website.
We have to trust him and the board.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 12:44]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Olly Rath on 12:49 - Jul 28 with 9434 viewsD_Alien

Olly Rath on 12:43 - Jul 28 by Hopwoodblue

Think we have to sit tight and wait this out, I’m sure he’s aware and is doing his best.
We might see three or four signings in quick succession over the next few days.
The only thing that surprises me is that I’ve not seen one rumour on here which is not the norm for this website.
We have to trust him and the board.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 12:44]

I'm more inclined towards this view

Who knows what might happen with the uncertainty? But i'd be very surprised if there was some kind of moratorium on signing players. It wouldn't have been proposed by the board to the new manager after he was in post because that would've been taking him on in bad faith (and with the new directors, not really worth a second thought), while it'd be difficult to see why he'd accept the job if those terms were made clear when he was interviewed; indeed, his subsequent media appearances suggests that wasn't the case

Edit: that leaves the possibility that something has substantially changed since his comments about agents touting their players to him

[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 13:04]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Olly Rath on 13:02 - Jul 28 with 9365 viewsborodale

Been looking round various clubs websites and it appears we're not on our own. Quiet a lot off skeleton squads and trialists. Reading between the lines possibly due to most clubs offering lower wages leading to a bit off a stand off. Players paid till end off July. So perhaps it will be August before any activity!
Olly Rath on 13:10 - Jul 28 with 9316 viewsHopwoodblue

Olly Rath on 13:02 - Jul 28 by borodale

Been looking round various clubs websites and it appears we're not on our own. Quiet a lot off skeleton squads and trialists. Reading between the lines possibly due to most clubs offering lower wages leading to a bit off a stand off. Players paid till end off July. So perhaps it will be August before any activity!

Think it’s June but obviously players will still be holding out for that little bit more, we don’t want panic signings though who we have to ship out in January.
Without sounding dramatic the league can still be won, even if we are bottom at the end of August.
As long as there is a decent squad in place by then we will be fine.
Remember we only signed O’Grady on loan late on and he changed our season completely.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 16:15]

Olly Rath on 14:26 - Jul 28 with 9012 viewsspringfieldparka

Olly Rath on 13:10 - Jul 28 by Hopwoodblue

Think it’s June but obviously players will still be holding out for that little bit more, we don’t want panic signings though who we have to ship out in January.
Without sounding dramatic the league can still be won, even if we are bottom at the end of August.
As long as there is a decent squad in place by then we will be fine.
Remember we only signed O’Grady on loan late on and he changed our season completely.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 16:15]

Actually I did read somewhere recently that any freed players not signed up to a new contract by 31st July are eligible to claim a further month's salary from their last club so there may be some benefit from some financial perspectives in holding off signing new contracts until August ? My hope is that activity will intensify as we move into next month .
Olly Rath on 16:19 - Jul 28 with 8657 viewsHopwoodblue

Olly Rath on 14:26 - Jul 28 by springfieldparka

Actually I did read somewhere recently that any freed players not signed up to a new contract by 31st July are eligible to claim a further month's salary from their last club so there may be some benefit from some financial perspectives in holding off signing new contracts until August ? My hope is that activity will intensify as we move into next month .

Well if that’s the case then it could be a few quid saved as long as we don’t miss out and it becomes false economy. Better players generate more money through the gates and can sometimes pay for themselves with the extra paying customers through the turnstiles every week if we are doing well.

Olly Rath on 12:12 - Jul 30 with 7700 viewsrkershaw

Olly Rath on 16:19 - Jul 28 by Hopwoodblue

Well if that’s the case then it could be a few quid saved as long as we don’t miss out and it becomes false economy. Better players generate more money through the gates and can sometimes pay for themselves with the extra paying customers through the turnstiles every week if we are doing well.

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1089772193?-1906:1007
Olly Rath on 13:51 - Jul 31 with 6949 viewsboromat

Olly Rath on 11:43 - Jul 28 by daz

No don't think so. I would hope we're planning ahead as if that won't happen. That could mean holding off on signing players until the last possible moment to save a few quid but I think the more likely reasoning is that most clubs are offering shorter contracts and on lesser money than previously along with preparing to have smaller squads hence we end up in a bit of a stand off with players holding out for better offers and clubs waiting for players to make the call.

I reckon there will be a mad rush at some point between a week before the first game and the end of the transfer window.

Olly Rath on 15:21 - Jul 31 with 6680 viewsboromat

https://the72.co.uk/243418/rotherham-united-stance-on-rochdales-oliver-rathbone-

Olly Rath on 17:16 - Aug 2 with 5769 viewskel

O’Rourke reporting a deal has been agreed with Rotherham.
Olly Rath on 17:22 - Aug 2 with 5707 viewsBrierls

Was to be expected, Rotherham were always going to come back in for him after selling Crooks.

I suspect there was something of a Gentlemen's agreement in place with Ollie that we'd let him go if a certain figure was met.
Olly Rath on 17:43 - Aug 2 with 5542 viewsboromat

Olly Rath on 17:16 - Aug 2 by kel

O’Rourke reporting a deal has been agreed with Rotherham.

Rarely gets it wrong.

Olly Rath on 17:50 - Aug 2 with 5476 viewsTVOS1907

Olly Rath on 17:43 - Aug 2 by boromat

Rarely gets it wrong.

I think that's where kel saw it

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024