Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Money laundering 21:37 - Jul 28 with 5511 viewsjudd

Fascinating subject.

Layering and ultimate conjoining.

The weakest link is the players themselves simply because of the inherent duplicity required.

Most leaders of successful criminal ML gangs are good because they have not been caught.

Yet.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Money laundering on 21:43 - Jul 28 with 5033 viewsIOMDale

Alex Jarvis has done such a fine job of uncovering ML for the detectives amongst us that I’d almost suspect he was an undercover police officer.

UTDNFS

Money laundering on 21:48 - Jul 28 with 5012 viewsjudd

Money laundering on 21:43 - Jul 28 by IOMDale

Alex Jarvis has done such a fine job of uncovering ML for the detectives amongst us that I’d almost suspect he was an undercover police officer.

Fascinating subject. I hadn't thought to link any prospective investor into our club with such illegality, especially having the comfort of a world class £100,000 salary per annum chief executive who would simply sniff out such nefarious interest.

Money laundering on 21:52 - Jul 28 with 4973 viewsIOMDale

Money laundering on 21:48 - Jul 28 by judd

Fascinating subject. I hadn't thought to link any prospective investor into our club with such illegality, especially having the comfort of a world class £100,000 salary per annum chief executive who would simply sniff out such nefarious interest.

Oh he sniffed it out alright, don’t you worry.

UTDNFS

Money laundering on 22:00 - Jul 28 with 4935 viewsjudd

Money laundering on 21:52 - Jul 28 by IOMDale

Oh he sniffed it out alright, don’t you worry.

Fascinating that an Assistant Commisioner in the Metropolitan Police has asked to connect with me on LinkedIn.

Money laundering on 22:04 - Jul 28 with 4922 viewsIOMDale

Money laundering on 22:00 - Jul 28 by judd

Fascinating that an Assistant Commisioner in the Metropolitan Police has asked to connect with me on LinkedIn.

In the extreme. It’s almost like they know you have information that may be pertinent to an ongoing investigation.

UTDNFS

Money laundering on 22:08 - Jul 28 with 4896 viewsjudd

Money laundering on 22:04 - Jul 28 by IOMDale

In the extreme. It’s almost like they know you have information that may be pertinent to an ongoing investigation.

Simply have contacts through family who have a soft spot for RAFC who may or may not have escalated concerns about those involved in a hostile takeover.
Clearly serving officers cannot access PNC on a fan whinging.

Nevertheless...

Money laundering on 22:14 - Jul 28 with 4870 viewsIOMDale

Money laundering on 22:08 - Jul 28 by judd

Simply have contacts through family who have a soft spot for RAFC who may or may not have escalated concerns about those involved in a hostile takeover.
Clearly serving officers cannot access PNC on a fan whinging.

Nevertheless...

Oh I’d say we have enough circumstantial evidence to make any concerns seem more than mere whinging.

UTDNFS

Money laundering on 22:22 - Jul 28 with 4841 viewsjudd

Money laundering on 22:14 - Jul 28 by IOMDale

Oh I’d say we have enough circumstantial evidence to make any concerns seem more than mere whinging.

Amazing what resources the police have now.

I once had an altercation with a newcomer to my local who was intimidating locals and planting his mobiles all over the place.

I contacted a covert contact with the newcomers car reg and he came back with "we're warned off that one. HMRC "

A few months later he got 10 years.

Jason Teale. Ran trawlers off Isle of Man.

Login to get fewer ads

Money laundering on 22:35 - Jul 28 with 4772 viewsIOMDale

Money laundering on 22:22 - Jul 28 by judd

I once had an altercation with a newcomer to my local who was intimidating locals and planting his mobiles all over the place.

I contacted a covert contact with the newcomers car reg and he came back with "we're warned off that one. HMRC "

This bloke? http://rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/44714/rochdale-man-se

The locals here must have known about his activities; they don’t miss a trick.

UTDNFS

Money laundering on 22:43 - Jul 28 with 4729 viewsjudd

Money laundering on 22:35 - Jul 28 by IOMDale

This bloke? http://rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/44714/rochdale-man-se

The locals here must have known about his activities; they don’t miss a trick.

Sorry, Seale, not Teale

http://rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/80576/drugs-gang-sent

Money laundering on 22:48 - Jul 28 with 4693 viewsIOMDale

Money laundering on 22:43 - Jul 28 by judd

Sorry, Seale, not Teale

http://rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/80576/drugs-gang-sent

That’ll go some way to explaining why he was interested in trawlers off the Manx coast.

Funny how criminals usually think they’re much brighter they are - a teenager was arrested here recently when he tried to buy a £20,000 watch with cash and was reported. The law nearly always catches up with them.

A reassuring thought, we’ll all agree.

UTDNFS

Money laundering on 23:14 - Jul 28 with 4595 viewsRAFCBLUE

Money laundering on 22:22 - Jul 28 by judd

Don't forget the new joy of unexplained wealth orders, judd.

https://www.petersandpeters.com/expertise/unexplained-wealth-orders/

An unexplained wealth order can be made in respect of any property valued at more than £50,000, wherever in the world it is situated, if a court is satisfied that there is reasonable cause to believe a person has an interest in it and reasonable grounds to suspect that they would not have been able to obtain that property using their lawfully obtained income from known sources.

The court must also be satisfied that the person against whom the order is made is a politically exposed person from a state outside the European Economic Area, a person about whom there are reasonable grounds to suspect involvement in serious crime, or is closely connected to a person in either one of those categories.

Once made, the person will be given a limited amount of time in which to respond.

A failure to respond can be relied upon in civil recovery proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002: it reverses the burden of proof to require the person to prove that the property is not the proceeds of crime, rather than requiring the state to prove that it is.

Let's use Andrew Kirk Curran as a hypothetical but topical example:

a. The Land Registry, a public register of all UK property, states that you currently jointly own a house in Ingatestone, Essex alongside your spouse which you paid £1.1m for in August 2006. That house is probably currently worth say £2m but has a mortgage on it with Santander bank which is outstanding.

b. You are seen driving around Rochdale in an automatic Rolls Royce Cullinan Black Badge which was registered with the DVLA in October 2020 with a private numberplate (AC71) that doesn't have any outstanding finance attached to it. The value of the vehicle is £0.3m. The DVLA tells you that you have an up-to-date MOT in place.

c. You don't appear to have a valid source for that wealth, nor a full time employment, nor any publicly available profile that explains how the aforementioned large house and Rolls Royce and lifestyle are being or have been paid for.

d. You're a UK resident so, registered for UK tax, NHS or private healthcare and under the scrutiny of the local parish council who sendy over those pesky council tax notices. The tax authorities, HMRC and the council, now have computer systems that check what you pay and when you pay it. If you go to the hospital and they take your name and address that goes into a computer that now tests that you show up as valid.

e. On top of this, you are going to have to fund your lifestyle. Food, bills, holidays, trips to the match, a pie and a pint, possibly a copy of TVOS, pay for your family needs and save money for your retirement.

f. You are turning up with your mates offering a valuation for £5m for a little League 2 football club in the North of England. The infamous five shareholders who have agreed in principle to sell you their shares will want paying; say £2.5m is the cost of that as a minimum.

When you write it out that coldly, Andy Curran must be fuming with Alexander Jarvis that his big mouth about his client and his client's affairs has opened all of this up and so much is in the public domain.

A to F would make someone ask - "Andy, where did you get that £4m from?"

I guess that is what happens when your Scouse broker is an indiscreet and irresponsible wideboy and so loose with your personal information and that of your family that it ends up all over on Google.

Unexplained wealth and money laundering are different things but the result is the same - the UK Government snatch the lot.

Poor Puggles and Jingles.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Money laundering on 00:50 - Jul 29 with 4449 viewsD_Alien

These posts, these threads, are extraordinary

Part of the reason i posted a link to a thread from years ago earlier was because it pointed up the kind of lively, humourous and sometimes heated debates that were the lifeblood of this forum

These current posts aren't just about opinions, or about sport, but have evolved into something very close to investigative journalism around issues of criminality which directly impacts upon everyone in society

It is, i repeat, extraordinary and we would do well to just take a moment to let that sink in

The aim, of course, is to render them unnecessary, so we can all go back to our usual routine

But imo it'll never be just a routine, and will certainly never be forgotten

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Money laundering on 02:21 - Jul 29 with 4378 views_Windydale

Money laundering on 00:50 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

Part of the reason i posted a link to a thread from years ago earlier was because it pointed up the kind of lively, humourous and sometimes heated debates that were the lifeblood of this forum

These current posts aren't just about opinions, or about sport, but have evolved into something very close to investigative journalism around issues of criminality which directly impacts upon everyone in society

It is, i repeat, extraordinary and we would do well to just take a moment to let that sink in

The aim, of course, is to render them unnecessary, so we can all go back to our usual routine

I think messageboard themes will change, once the season starts and games begin. When new players join us and there is debate on the current Managers' strategy and plans.

However current debate is a sign of the times, the club is at risk.

While the takeover attempts are still present, fans will fight and expose any perceived corruption or lie. For the good to try to protect the club. This message board is the most popular dale forum.
Money laundering on 06:53 - Jul 29 with 4272 viewsNorthernDale

Money laundering on 22:00 - Jul 28 by judd

Judd

I hope that you have allowed the assistant commissioner to join your Linkedin page and please keep us updated. It does make you wonder, if there is something very dodgy about these people, more then we all suspected.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 7:06]
Money laundering on 07:27 - Jul 29 with 4197 viewsjudd

Money laundering on 23:14 - Jul 28 by RAFCBLUE

Don't forget the new joy of unexplained wealth orders, judd.

https://www.petersandpeters.com/expertise/unexplained-wealth-orders/

An unexplained wealth order can be made in respect of any property valued at more than £50,000, wherever in the world it is situated, if a court is satisfied that there is reasonable cause to believe a person has an interest in it and reasonable grounds to suspect that they would not have been able to obtain that property using their lawfully obtained income from known sources.

The court must also be satisfied that the person against whom the order is made is a politically exposed person from a state outside the European Economic Area, a person about whom there are reasonable grounds to suspect involvement in serious crime, or is closely connected to a person in either one of those categories.

Once made, the person will be given a limited amount of time in which to respond.

A failure to respond can be relied upon in civil recovery proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002: it reverses the burden of proof to require the person to prove that the property is not the proceeds of crime, rather than requiring the state to prove that it is.

Let's use Andrew Kirk Curran as a hypothetical but topical example:

a. The Land Registry, a public register of all UK property, states that you currently jointly own a house in Ingatestone, Essex alongside your spouse which you paid £1.1m for in August 2006. That house is probably currently worth say £2m but has a mortgage on it with Santander bank which is outstanding.

b. You are seen driving around Rochdale in an automatic Rolls Royce Cullinan Black Badge which was registered with the DVLA in October 2020 with a private numberplate (AC71) that doesn't have any outstanding finance attached to it. The value of the vehicle is £0.3m. The DVLA tells you that you have an up-to-date MOT in place.

c. You don't appear to have a valid source for that wealth, nor a full time employment, nor any publicly available profile that explains how the aforementioned large house and Rolls Royce and lifestyle are being or have been paid for.

d. You're a UK resident so, registered for UK tax, NHS or private healthcare and under the scrutiny of the local parish council who sendy over those pesky council tax notices. The tax authorities, HMRC and the council, now have computer systems that check what you pay and when you pay it. If you go to the hospital and they take your name and address that goes into a computer that now tests that you show up as valid.

e. On top of this, you are going to have to fund your lifestyle. Food, bills, holidays, trips to the match, a pie and a pint, possibly a copy of TVOS, pay for your family needs and save money for your retirement.

f. You are turning up with your mates offering a valuation for £5m for a little League 2 football club in the North of England. The infamous five shareholders who have agreed in principle to sell you their shares will want paying; say £2.5m is the cost of that as a minimum.

When you write it out that coldly, Andy Curran must be fuming with Alexander Jarvis that his big mouth about his client and his client's affairs has opened all of this up and so much is in the public domain.

A to F would make someone ask - "Andy, where did you get that £4m from?"

I guess that is what happens when your Scouse broker is an indiscreet and irresponsible wideboy and so loose with your personal information and that of your family that it ends up all over on Google.

Unexplained wealth and money laundering are different things but the result is the same - the UK Government snatch the lot.

Poor Puggles and Jingles.

If you had an outstanding mortgage on a £1m , now £2m, property, would your wife let you spuff £300k on a motor, or even more on a lower league Norvern monkey football club, 200 miles away from the civilisation of the fake tan and bleached teeth chic boutique TOWIE brigade?

Why persevere paying interest on an outstanding loan if you have the cash resources to shell out on an immediately depreciating vehicle and a cash-hungry football club?

Money laundering on 08:31 - Jul 29 with 4095 views1907

Money laundering on 07:27 - Jul 29 by judd

If you had an outstanding mortgage on a £1m , now £2m, property, would your wife let you spuff £300k on a motor, or even more on a lower league Norvern monkey football club, 200 miles away from the civilisation of the fake tan and bleached teeth chic boutique TOWIE brigade?

Why persevere paying interest on an outstanding loan if you have the cash resources to shell out on an immediately depreciating vehicle and a cash-hungry football club?

I’m going to hazard a guess that somebody’s wealth is presumably wrapped in notes & if this was to touch any bank account, would probably ring more alarm bells than there is contained within the federal bank.
Money laundering on 08:41 - Jul 29 with 4067 viewsboromat

Money laundering on 00:50 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

Usual routine, can't wait to be discussing the pies, the left back or lack of, the prices, the tactics, and anything else but the off field shenanigans.

But for now it's the most important topic and we shouldn't stop until it's all sorted.

Up the Dale.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Money laundering on 11:13 - Jul 29 with 3842 viewsJames1980

I imagine the EFL probably don't accept suitcases full of non sequential notes of mixed denominations as proof of funds.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Money laundering on 12:52 - Jul 29 with 3648 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Money laundering on 22:43 - Jul 28 by judd

Sorry, Seale, not Teale

J Seal(e) ex Dale and Darlington donkey?
Thanks for all you are doing and have done to keep our club safe, all of you
Money laundering on 12:25 - Aug 1 with 2911 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I'd just like to add what to me was a really odd and ridiculous house sale, that set off alarm bells in my head.
When my Dad passed in 2019, his house was sold for £75,000 to a company who buy up terraced houses, do them up and rent them out. Six weeks later the house was sold on, for an incredible£154,000!
Does anyone else think this stinks of some kind of dodgy deal?
It was reported to various departments but no answer received.
Money laundering on 12:36 - Aug 1 with 2866 viewsD_Alien

Money laundering on 12:25 - Aug 1 by RooleyMoorBlue

I'd just like to add what to me was a really odd and ridiculous house sale, that set off alarm bells in my head.
When my Dad passed in 2019, his house was sold for £75,000 to a company who buy up terraced houses, do them up and rent them out. Six weeks later the house was sold on, for an incredible£154,000!
Does anyone else think this stinks of some kind of dodgy deal?
It was reported to various departments but no answer received.

It's up to the seller to get a proper, independent, market valuation (or three)

Sometimes properties are sold rapidly to enable a quick sale at below market valuation, but if there was no time pressure the seller has a choice whether to accept the figure on offer

[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 12:37]

Money laundering on 12:57 - Aug 2 with 2451 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Money laundering on 12:36 - Aug 1 by D_Alien

It's up to the seller to get a proper, independent, market valuation (or three)

Sometimes properties are sold rapidly to enable a quick sale at below market valuation, but if there was no time pressure the seller has a choice whether to accept the figure on offer

[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 12:37]

The valuation was on the high side as it was one of only a few with a kitchen extension. It's a 2 bed terraced property, so unless the buyers covered everything with gold plate, there is no way it could be sold on for such a price. The estate agent (Adamson's) agreed and he also thought something fishy was a foot.
Money laundering on 13:15 - Aug 2 with 2391 viewsD_Alien

Money laundering on 12:57 - Aug 2 by RooleyMoorBlue

The valuation was on the high side as it was one of only a few with a kitchen extension. It's a 2 bed terraced property, so unless the buyers covered everything with gold plate, there is no way it could be sold on for such a price. The estate agent (Adamson's) agreed and he also thought something fishy was a foot.

Ah, apologies. I thought you were simply miffed because you'd not got anything like market value when selling (even with work needed)

Isn't there a higher body that this could be escalated to?

Money laundering on 12:45 - Aug 3 with 2082 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Money laundering on 13:15 - Aug 2 by D_Alien

Ah, apologies. I thought you were simply miffed because you'd not got anything like market value when selling (even with work needed)

Isn't there a higher body that this could be escalated to?

It was reported to Crimestoppers and also to one of the government departments who also deal with fraud. Nothing was heard back which is unsurprising.
Nobody in our family is particularly bothered because we haven't been duped, it's just crazy that such an occurrence can take place without some sort of official investigation. Maybe it is being investigated on a greater scale and is just one small part of a much bigger scam. I'm just sorry I personally don't know how to more than double the price of a property in 6 weeks without working on said property.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024