Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrogate away 16:31 - Jul 30 with 21217 viewsRotherhamDale

Apologies if this conversation is buried in a thread somewhere...

Harrogate are not allowing away fans in their stadium for a pre season game against Doncaster. They also weren't allowed any supporters whatsoever for a game against Sunderland the other day.

With that in mind, and our game only being 8 days away (and we play there in the cup 3 days later).. does anyone have any idea what arrangements are for the game? Will we need tickets? Can we pay on the gate?

If somebody from the club is reading this then any information would be appreciated

Possession with progression.

Harrogate away on 16:55 - Jul 30 with 9049 viewsTVOS1907

There have been no announcements yet. It would seem they have ground safety issues. Maybe they're using the Doncaster game this weekend as some sort of trial. Who knows?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 16:55]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Harrogate away on 17:01 - Jul 30 with 9014 viewsrafc_ryan

Rochdale have just tweeted, basically they haven’t received any update either from Harrogate.

Harrogate away on 17:07 - Jul 30 with 8957 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate away on 16:55 - Jul 30 by TVOS1907

There have been no announcements yet. It would seem they have ground safety issues. Maybe they're using the Doncaster game this weekend as some sort of trial. Who knows?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 16:55]

Voila!

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/harrogatetownticketupdate_290721/

Harrogate away on 17:24 - Jul 30 with 8898 viewsRotherhamDale

Thanks to whoever posted that from the club.

Very poor showing from Harrogate. I understand that the covid situation is difficult but they've had a full season to make their ground "safe"

Possession with progression.

Harrogate away on 17:38 - Jul 30 with 8835 viewsboromat

Harrogate away on 17:24 - Jul 30 by RotherhamDale

Thanks to whoever posted that from the club.

Very poor showing from Harrogate. I understand that the covid situation is difficult but they've had a full season to make their ground "safe"

It may also be something to do with more stringent EFL requirements.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Harrogate away on 17:43 - Jul 30 with 8810 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate away on 17:38 - Jul 30 by boromat

It may also be something to do with more stringent EFL requirements.

Regardless, they've had over a year to sort it out.

Harrogate away on 19:39 - Jul 30 with 8608 views1907

If away fans aren’t able to attend Harrogate surely that creates an unfair bias towards them during games?

If away fans can’t attend, neither should home fans.

Either that or force them to play every game away until they can sort this shambles out.

We shouldn’t even be talking about this a week away from the season opener after they’ve had such a long time to make their ground adequate.

Really poor showing that deserves reprimand.
Harrogate away on 19:47 - Jul 30 with 8577 viewsjudd

Harrogate away on 19:39 - Jul 30 by 1907

If away fans aren’t able to attend Harrogate surely that creates an unfair bias towards them during games?

If away fans can’t attend, neither should home fans.

Either that or force them to play every game away until they can sort this shambles out.

We shouldn’t even be talking about this a week away from the season opener after they’ve had such a long time to make their ground adequate.

Really poor showing that deserves reprimand.

Great suggestion by Chaff to reverse league fixtures until the ground issues are sorted.

However, let's not antagonise the EFL right now.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Harrogate away on 15:44 - Aug 2 with 7862 views1907

So its now 15.45 on Monday & Harrogate still haven't released any information regarding the match & you can't get through to their ticket office to have a conversation with a human.

What an absolute disgrace.

I've seen quite a few of the Dale faithful giving it them on twitter & tagging the EFL, keep it up please.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 15:45]
Harrogate away on 15:54 - Aug 2 with 7783 viewsisitme

Harrogate away on 15:44 - Aug 2 by 1907

So its now 15.45 on Monday & Harrogate still haven't released any information regarding the match & you can't get through to their ticket office to have a conversation with a human.

I've seen quite a few of the Dale faithful giving it them on twitter & tagging the EFL, keep it up please.

Not that long ago been to the ticket office and they have been trying for weeks to get information from Harrogate.
Harrogate away on 15:58 - Aug 2 with 7757 viewsDalenet

Harrogate away on 15:44 - Aug 2 by 1907

Its not a disgrace. They haven't yet been given a safety licence from their local authority. They are trying to get there but were taken by surprise as to the demands of their local authority. They held a friendly yesterday and only home fans were allowed. Until they have a safety licence they can't sell tickets.
Harrogate away on 15:59 - Aug 2 with 7743 viewsNIGELdale

Phoned dales ticket office and yes still waiting on a reply from Harrogate. Absolutely disgusting by Harrogate 5 days before season starts good job I’ve not booked train tickets. The EFL should make them reverse the fixture that way both sets of fans should watch it . No excuses really they have had time to sort the minor issues out . One grumpy dale fan who was looking forward to it.
Harrogate away on 16:06 - Aug 2 with 7687 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate away on 15:58 - Aug 2 by Dalenet

Its not a disgrace. They haven't yet been given a safety licence from their local authority. They are trying to get there but were taken by surprise as to the demands of their local authority. They held a friendly yesterday and only home fans were allowed. Until they have a safety licence they can't sell tickets.

Taken by surprise?

Surely they've been working with them from the day they were promoted to the EFL, which they seem quite keen to brag about on Twitter today.

Harrogate away on 16:09 - Aug 2 with 7670 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate away on 15:59 - Aug 2 by NIGELdale

Phoned dales ticket office and yes still waiting on a reply from Harrogate. Absolutely disgusting by Harrogate 5 days before season starts good job I’ve not booked train tickets. The EFL should make them reverse the fixture that way both sets of fans should watch it . No excuses really they have had time to sort the minor issues out . One grumpy dale fan who was looking forward to it.

Not really sure that would be practical from Dale's point of view at such short notice, given all the matchday organisation needed for sponsors, catering staff, safety staff, stewards, etc, not to mention TVOS...

My argument would be to postpone the game until they have got it sorted out or play it with no fans at all, so as not to give Harrogate an advantage.

Harrogate away on 16:26 - Aug 2 with 7558 viewsDalenet

Harrogate away on 16:09 - Aug 2 by TVOS1907

Not really sure that would be practical from Dale's point of view at such short notice, given all the matchday organisation needed for sponsors, catering staff, safety staff, stewards, etc, not to mention TVOS...

My argument would be to postpone the game until they have got it sorted out or play it with no fans at all, so as not to give Harrogate an advantage.

Come on we still have 6 days before the fixture at a club barely 50 miles from Spotland. Hardly a problem with electronic ticketing.

My "taken by surprise" comment is their explanation. They thought they had everything in place and they clearly fell short. So they need to learn and fix it. Just like we did a few years ago when the capacity of COA was reduced because we hadn't met the criteria.
Harrogate away on 16:28 - Aug 2 with 7547 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate away on 16:26 - Aug 2 by Dalenet

Come on we still have 6 days before the fixture at a club barely 50 miles from Spotland. Hardly a problem with electronic ticketing.

My "taken by surprise" comment is their explanation. They thought they had everything in place and they clearly fell short. So they need to learn and fix it. Just like we did a few years ago when the capacity of COA was reduced because we hadn't met the criteria.

You've misunderstood me.

I meant I didn't think it would be practical for Dale to suddenly find they had to play the game at home.

Harrogate away on 16:30 - Aug 2 with 7535 viewsboromat

I like your thinking give us some extra time to make a few signings!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Harrogate away on 16:32 - Aug 2 with 7518 views1907

Yes it is a disgrace. It is absolutely disgraceful. They have had in excess of a year to ensure their ground is adequate, safe & supports Covid guidelines. Nothing has changed in recent weeks to cause this cock up as restrictions have eased, not become more difficult. What this does prove is that if fans had been able to attend games at any point last season, Harrogate would have been woefully unprepared & unable to provide live football for fans. This is levels of ineptitude we at Rochdale are even surprised by. Football League fans all around the country will be unbelievably excited on Saturday to either attend their first home game of the season or attend their first away day in the best part of 17 months. We will be sat at home on our sofas having to watch yet another game on the TV because Harrogate have failed miserably.
Harrogate away on 16:34 - Aug 2 with 7503 viewsNIGELdale

Would agree TVOS postponing would be the last resort I’m clinging on in the hope it gets sorted and hopefully many dale fans can go . But I feel this should have sorted a few weeks back.
Harrogate away on 16:37 - Aug 2 with 7483 viewsAtThePeake

The same local authority that are promoting a warm welcome to visitors in Harrogate's shops and cafes? Maybe they should qualify tweets like these with *unless you're a visiting football fan?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Harrogate away on 17:25 - Aug 2 with 7263 viewsDalenet

Harrogate away on 16:37 - Aug 2 by AtThePeake

The same local authority that are promoting a warm welcome to visitors in Harrogate's shops and cafes? Maybe they should qualify tweets like these with *unless you're a visiting football fan?

This post has been edited by an administrator

It isn't the same local authority. It appears to be the County Council that oversee this issue, not the town council. Aren't we glad we only have one council to blame when it goes wrong?

Still not clear what they have failed to do that wasn't deemed necessary to them playing at the same stadium last year. Unlike Dale they did have fans in the stadium for a while before the second lockdown as they had lower covid rates
Harrogate away on 18:23 - Aug 2 with 7087 views49thseason

The EFL should make Harrogate pay for an ifollow pass for every Dale fan that wants one!
Seriously, how is it possible to only allow home supporters into the ground? Why should Dale and their fans suffer because Harrogate cant get their act together and provide a safe stadium for two sets of fans? And if its unsafe for away fans, how is it safe for any fans? Once again the silence from the EFL is deafening no doubt the blazers will be having a meeting to arrange a meeting sometime next week. Meanwhile Harrogate get an advantage they shouldn't have but hey, its only little Rochdale. We can only hope we batter them 6-0
Harrogate away on 18:33 - Aug 2 with 7026 viewsD_Dale

https://widthofapost.com/2020/10/10/what-bradford-citys-derby-with-harrogate-tow

Some account of Harrogate's rise (from a Bradford city fan, but with interesting things to say about how vulnerable some league clubs are to relegation).
Harrogate away on 00:32 - Aug 3 with 6515 viewslyberoc

Some of the reasons given why they have not yet got a safety certifacate are an inadequate level of stewarding, the CCTV system not being tested under match conditions and the ground’s control room, which oversees fan safety, not being connected to a phone line or the public address system.
https://thestrayferret.co.uk/council-17-unacceptable-risks-at-harrogate-town-for
Harrogate away on 08:44 - Aug 3 with 6244 viewsAtThePeake

Harrogate away on 00:32 - Aug 3 by lyberoc

Some of the reasons given why they have not yet got a safety certifacate are an inadequate level of stewarding, the CCTV system not being tested under match conditions and the ground’s control room, which oversees fan safety, not being connected to a phone line or the public address system.
https://thestrayferret.co.uk/council-17-unacceptable-risks-at-harrogate-town-for

Surely issues like those must have been sorted before or during Saturday's friendly with Doncaster?

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024