Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Stokes 18:05 - Jul 30 with 1708 viewsD_Alien

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58033393

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ben Stokes on 19:11 - Jul 30 with 1564 viewssince58

Lucky guy ,to be able to take time out , pressure on working class families on low income wages is real pressure.
Ben Stokes on 19:20 - Jul 30 with 1531 viewsisitme

Ben Stokes on 19:11 - Jul 30 by since58

Lucky guy ,to be able to take time out , pressure on working class families on low income wages is real pressure.

His finger is not right and by pulling out he is also losing substantial appearance fees. It would be easier to rock up, go through the motions, collect the money and not play well.

The effect of living in bubbles for most of the past year, his Dad dying and his injury not healing as planned will undoubtedly have taken their toll on his mental health. You could see in his recent games that he wasn't right.

Whilst I understand your sentiment about pressure, wealth doesn't make someone less susceptible to mental health issues.

From an England perspective it should give an opportunity to Sam Curran to bat at seven and be the fourth seamer. Curran was player of the series the last time we played India at home and has the canny knack of making things happen with both bat and ball.
Ben Stokes (n/t) on 19:26 - Jul 30 with 1506 viewssince58

Ben Stokes on 19:20 - Jul 30 by isitme

His finger is not right and by pulling out he is also losing substantial appearance fees. It would be easier to rock up, go through the motions, collect the money and not play well.

The effect of living in bubbles for most of the past year, his Dad dying and his injury not healing as planned will undoubtedly have taken their toll on his mental health. You could see in his recent games that he wasn't right.

Whilst I understand your sentiment about pressure, wealth doesn't make someone less susceptible to mental health issues.

From an England perspective it should give an opportunity to Sam Curran to bat at seven and be the fourth seamer. Curran was player of the series the last time we played India at home and has the canny knack of making things happen with both bat and ball.

Ben Stokes on 19:30 - Jul 30 with 1486 viewspioneer

Ben Stokes on 19:20 - Jul 30 by isitme

Just as well he is not a rugby league player like his dad.....they be expecting him to play in a world cup, Covid or no Covid.

Lets hope he can get right in time for the ashes but given the sort of restriction he would be expected to operate under in Oz it would probably be a case of him be placed back into some of the conditionsthat have given rise to his problems.

Still a fantastic player no matter what
Ben Stokes (n/t) on 19:32 - Jul 30 with 1476 viewssince58

Ben Stokes (n/t) on 19:26 - Jul 30 by since58

Ok but at the same time can a working class family afford to get supported with so called mental health issues i doubt it.
Ben Stokes (n/t) on 21:01 - Jul 30 with 1335 viewsD_Alien

Ben Stokes (n/t) on 19:32 - Jul 30 by since58

Ok but at the same time can a working class family afford to get supported with so called mental health issues i doubt it.

So are you saying he should just turn up (depriving someone else e.g. Sam Curran) an opportunity?

It's not a reflection on lower income families for him to do this. It's his work btw - he's working in sport

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ben Stokes (n/t) on 21:43 - Jul 30 with 1247 viewsisitme

Ben Stokes (n/t) on 19:32 - Jul 30 by since58

I would hope they could get supported and things are improving, although the impacts of Covid have created a backlog and increased demand in this area. Stokes having issues doesn't preclude a working class family getting support.

The thing with mental health issues is that the triggers and treatments are all different and unless you know the triggers you cannot devise a plan to address it. Speculating with Stokes (and I am probably wrong) but maybe he knows that his finger is not right and with the T20 world cup and the Ashes coming up he could potentially be away from home for much of the winter he is using the opportunity to spend time with his family and allow his finger to heal so he can put in performances he is happy with. He may not need any support bar his friends and family.
Ben Stokes (n/t) on 23:24 - Jul 30 with 1146 viewsdownunder

Ben Stokes (n/t) on 21:43 - Jul 30 by isitme

I would hope they could get supported and things are improving, although the impacts of Covid have created a backlog and increased demand in this area. Stokes having issues doesn't preclude a working class family getting support.

The thing with mental health issues is that the triggers and treatments are all different and unless you know the triggers you cannot devise a plan to address it. Speculating with Stokes (and I am probably wrong) but maybe he knows that his finger is not right and with the T20 world cup and the Ashes coming up he could potentially be away from home for much of the winter he is using the opportunity to spend time with his family and allow his finger to heal so he can put in performances he is happy with. He may not need any support bar his friends and family.

Time for an interesting fact. With him being brought up in New Zealand it could be relevant to Stokes.
There is no Selenium in the soil here, so therefore not in the food chain. Selenium is needed to help human development, and a deficiency can lead to depression, especially in young adults. NZ suicide rates for teenagers and young adults are the worst in the world, this past week has seen a local 13 year old take her own life in our own town.
At least Stokes is aware of his issues and openly discussing, so I believe he deserves to have some "slack cut".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024