Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Statement From The EFL 15:46 - Aug 5 with 4423 viewsisitme

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-rochdale-afc/

The EFL continues to work with Rochdale AFC, Morton House Mgt and First Form Construction Limited alongside a number of other individuals in relation to applications under the EFL’s Owners’ and Directors‘ Test.

Based on discussions to date, the EFL has reserved its position in respect of any matters arising out of the ongoing situation at the Club and will take the most appropriate action available to it under its Regulations.

Any allegations in relation to discriminatory comments are matters for the Football Association which can investigate any individual who is subject to the FA Rules at the time the comments were allegedly made.

The EFL will continue to work with the Club and relevant stakeholders as they seek to ensure a successful and viable long-term future for the Club and all those associated with it, particularly its players, staff, and supporters.
Official Statement From The EFL on 15:50 - Aug 5 with 4364 viewsDaleiLama

"alongside a number of other individuals". Who dat?

"Any allegations in relation to discriminatory comments are matters for the Football Association which can investigate any individual who is subject to the FA Rules at the time the comments were allegedly made." Kicked can down the road

Overall, it doesn't read as resounding support of the club or rejection of the hostile takeover.

Bit of a damp squib really.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:00 - Aug 5 with 4272 viewsRAFCBLUE

Official Statement From The EFL on 15:50 - Aug 5 by DaleiLama

"alongside a number of other individuals". Who dat?

"Any allegations in relation to discriminatory comments are matters for the Football Association which can investigate any individual who is subject to the FA Rules at the time the comments were allegedly made." Kicked can down the road

Overall, it doesn't read as resounding support of the club or rejection of the hostile takeover.

Bit of a damp squib really.

Really helpful from the EFL.

First - no denial of the allegations made - you should really come out and say "No homophobic or discriminatory comments were made."

This confirms they were, which is very disappointing but clearly makes them true.

Second, it names Morton House - our favourite payroll company as the applicant for the Owners and Directors test.

Welcome to the public domain Morton House.

Tomorrow morning every single press outlet will carry this story and Morton House will have their name all over the press, including HMRC.

The Company is not registered for Data Protection even though it purports to have been processing the personal data of payroll for a while. That, is a breach of the law.

https://www.mortonhousecs.com/contact-us/

This is the number to call them on: 0345 065 3045

Suspect a few Dale fans might now be ringing in to test it actually does some payroll.....

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:04 - Aug 5 with 4222 viewsboromat

EFL statement is very disappointing. They are obviously still going through the motions. I'm clinging on to the final comments that they might care about us fans but I'm not overly confident.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:06 - Aug 5 with 4198 viewsIOMDale

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:00 - Aug 5 by RAFCBLUE

First - no denial of the allegations made - you should really come out and say "No homophobic or discriminatory comments were made."

This confirms they were, which is very disappointing but clearly makes them true.

Second, it names Morton House - our favourite payroll company as the applicant for the Owners and Directors test.

Tomorrow morning every single press outlet will carry this story and Morton House will have their name all over the press, including HMRC.

The Company is not registered for Data Protection even though it purports to have been processing the personal data of payroll for a while. That, is a breach of the law.

Suspect a few Dale fans might now be ringing in to test it actually does some payroll.....

I know people may be disappointed that Curran and Rose aren't being publicly condemned but as RAFCBLUE says, it's important to read between the lines here. The more publicity this takeover garners, the more light is shone upon the new investors' unscrupulous business dealings.

UTDNFS

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:17 - Aug 5 with 4055 viewsDaleiLama

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:00 - Aug 5 by RAFCBLUE

We already knew they were made - Simon acknowledged that last night whilst saying he couldn't comment further for legal reasons. I would have liked to see condemnation of the allegations at least, but in these "lawyered up" days, I guess that's hoping for too much.

On the Morton House spotlight, I take your point RB - there's no such thing as bad publicity (for us anyway!) Bring it on!

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:23 - Aug 5 with 3962 viewsRAFCBLUE

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:17 - Aug 5 by DaleiLama

We already knew they were made - Simon acknowledged that last night whilst saying he couldn't comment further for legal reasons. I would have liked to see condemnation of the allegations at least, but in these "lawyered up" days, I guess that's hoping for too much.

On the Morton House spotlight, I take your point RB - there's no such thing as bad publicity (for us anyway!) Bring it on!

The EFL has acknowledge they were made.

Doesn't look good for Morton House does it - being linked with discriminatory comments in the EFL's statement?

What does that do for the customers of a payroll company that use their services?

Oh wait - they don't have any customers. They don't actually do payroll services.

0345 065 3045

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:29 - Aug 5 with 3905 viewsJames1980

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:23 - Aug 5 by RAFCBLUE

Doesn't look good for Morton House does it - being linked with discriminatory comments in the EFL's statement?

What does that do for the customers of a payroll company that use their services?

Oh wait - they don't have any customers. They don't actually do payroll services.

0345 065 3045

Do they deal with businesses that solely work with cash and or bitcoin?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:30 - Aug 5 with 3883 viewsIOMDale

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:23 - Aug 5 by RAFCBLUE

0345 065 3045

Engaged when I tried calling - come on, who got in ahead of me?

UTDNFS

Login to get fewer ads

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:35 - Aug 5 with 3834 viewsjonahwhereru

The season hasn’t even kicked of yet and we are seeing differing opinions. I see the statement in a positive light. If I were the wannabee’s I would be disappointed with this. “The EFL has reserved its position in respect of any matters arising out of the ongoing situation at the club and will take the appropriate action available”. That says to me this is not a case of helping the buyers through the process to enable transfer.
I also see the last paragraph as a positive “seek to ensure a successful and viable long term future”. Sounds like the status quo for me. We have been A constant member of the league, have arguably had more success in the last ten years than any other time. Have been one of the more prudently run clubs in the EFL.
If you were Curran or Rose what positives could you garner from this?
Official Statement From The EFL on 17:09 - Aug 5 with 3628 viewsJumeirahDale

I still can't get over the fact their website has a "NEWS" page - new contracts being signed with clients perhaps? Maybe a new sales hire to drive business? Nope, just links to BBC news headlines. Priceless.
Official Statement From The EFL on 17:13 - Aug 5 with 3591 viewsfermin

Their brochure says they are fully compliant umbrella company so if they are not is it worth reporting them or checking with the relevant governing body (as given elsewhere) about their claims:

https://www.mortonhousecs.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Morton-House-Brochure.p

Their address is a Regus serviced office near Bank station. Perhaps a London-based Dale fan could pop in for a chat?

https://offices.org.uk/serviced-offices/london/bank/68-lombard-street-126.html
Official Statement From The EFL on 17:16 - Aug 5 with 3558 viewsjudd

Official Statement From The EFL on 17:09 - Aug 5 by JumeirahDale

I still can't get over the fact their website has a "NEWS" page - new contracts being signed with clients perhaps? Maybe a new sales hire to drive business? Nope, just links to BBC news headlines. Priceless.

...all dated the same day

Poll: What is it to be then?

Official Statement From The EFL on 17:17 - Aug 5 with 3556 viewstony_roch975

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:35 - Aug 5 by jonahwhereru

The season hasn’t even kicked of yet and we are seeing differing opinions. I see the statement in a positive light. If I were the wannabee’s I would be disappointed with this. “The EFL has reserved its position in respect of any matters arising out of the ongoing situation at the club and will take the appropriate action available”. That says to me this is not a case of helping the buyers through the process to enable transfer.
I also see the last paragraph as a positive “seek to ensure a successful and viable long term future”. Sounds like the status quo for me. We have been A constant member of the league, have arguably had more success in the last ten years than any other time. Have been one of the more prudently run clubs in the EFL.

I envy yours & RAFC's optimism and fervently hope it's well placed but sadly what I see of our country says something different.

If the EFL are willing to take on our 'hostiles' they'd have to take on most of the ownership models in professional football in our country - after all, just like Curran & Rose, the Glaisters just offloaded debt onto Utd. when they bought them. Do we believe the EFL are willing to challenge all that money and power?

It all comes down from the top; if our country is led by people with no sense of honour, loyalty or duty, willing to sell favours to the highest bidders, why should we expect football governance to be any different?

We've become so unpatriotic - exhalting tax fiddlers, turning a blind eye to immoral levels of wealth and poverty, celebrating looking after No 1 & bugger the community; so why do we expect the ownership of football clubs to be any better.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Official Statement From The EFL on 17:18 - Aug 5 with 3521 viewsjudd

Official Statement From The EFL on 17:17 - Aug 5 by tony_roch975

I envy yours & RAFC's optimism and fervently hope it's well placed but sadly what I see of our country says something different.

If the EFL are willing to take on our 'hostiles' they'd have to take on most of the ownership models in professional football in our country - after all, just like Curran & Rose, the Glaisters just offloaded debt onto Utd. when they bought them. Do we believe the EFL are willing to challenge all that money and power?

It all comes down from the top; if our country is led by people with no sense of honour, loyalty or duty, willing to sell favours to the highest bidders, why should we expect football governance to be any different?

We've become so unpatriotic - exhalting tax fiddlers, turning a blind eye to immoral levels of wealth and poverty, celebrating looking after No 1 & bugger the community; so why do we expect the ownership of football clubs to be any better.

The EFL has no power over Premier league clubs.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Official Statement From The EFL on 17:20 - Aug 5 with 3503 viewsRAFCBLUE

Official Statement From The EFL on 17:13 - Aug 5 by fermin

Their brochure says they are fully compliant umbrella company so if they are not is it worth reporting them or checking with the relevant governing body (as given elsewhere) about their claims:

https://www.mortonhousecs.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Morton-House-Brochure.p

Their address is a Regus serviced office near Bank station. Perhaps a London-based Dale fan could pop in for a chat?

https://offices.org.uk/serviced-offices/london/bank/68-lombard-street-126.html

We've done that already.

https://www.regus.com/en-gb/united-kingdom/london/city-of-london/68-lombard-stre

Morton House pay for the "virtual" office space; £122 a month.

There were no staff to talk to on the day that we visited, nor irritatingly does anyone answer the phone on that 0345 number.

Lots of things "virtual" - employees, payroll clients, Denise Valerie Courtnell.

Official Statement From The EFL on 17:27 - Aug 5 with 3443 viewsBigKindo

Official Statement From The EFL on 16:35 - Aug 5 by jonahwhereru

... and it has opened the door to involve the FA another perhaps 'interested' new party that I am sure Rose and Curran do not wish to have an input.
Official Statement From The EFL on 17:43 - Aug 5 with 3338 viewsSuddenLad

Official Statement From The EFL on 17:17 - Aug 5 by tony_roch975

This whole exercise is aimed at preventing the club falling into the wrong hands, rather than trying to wrest control from dodgy, existing owners.

If we can stop them getting their grubby mitts on our club in the first place, we will save a lot of people a lot of grief later on.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Official Statement From The EFL on 17:47 - Aug 5 with 3301 views442Dale

There’s much to be gained by situations playing out in public. This was always the case and it’s something the Trust have used very effectively in recent months to great effect.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Official Statement From The EFL on 17:50 - Aug 5 with 3268 viewsD_Alien

One thing that's not clear, since it appears it was whilst being in communication with the EFL that the homophobic and aggressive comments were made is this: have the EFL themselves reported the comments to the FA?

Or do they think it's someone else's job (i.e. fans, or their member clubs) to do that for them? Simply saying "its a matter for the FA" and not reporting the comments is a weasel's way of avoiding responsibility

[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 17:54]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Official Statement From The EFL on 17:52 - Aug 5 with 3242 viewsDaleiLama

Official Statement From The EFL on 17:47 - Aug 5 by 442Dale

There’s much to be gained by situations playing out in public. This was always the case and it’s something the Trust have used very effectively in recent months to great effect.

Speaking of the Trust and publicity, is there some merit in the Trust doing a piece on this in TVOS for the 14th and appealing for more membership applications. Or is that too late now?

Edit - not every Daley reads this MB
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 17:53]

Official Statement From The EFL on 18:36 - Aug 5 with 3060 viewsfermin

Official Statement From The EFL on 17:20 - Aug 5 by RAFCBLUE

We've done that already.

https://www.regus.com/en-gb/united-kingdom/london/city-of-london/68-lombard-stre

Morton House pay for the "virtual" office space; £122 a month.

There were no staff to talk to on the day that we visited, nor irritatingly does anyone answer the phone on that 0345 number.

Lots of things "virtual" - employees, payroll clients, Denise Valerie Courtnell.

OK, I have lost track with all these threads!
Official Statement From The EFL on 20:38 - Aug 5 with 2682 viewsBlueMessiah

Does anyone know what kind of timescales we're looking at with regards to the EFL making a decision on these muppets? Are we talking days weeks or months even? Are there any timescales that they have work to?

Poll: Do I Know You?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024