Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keeper incoming... 17:40 - Aug 5 with 7453 viewsboromat

Another player with a small amount of appearances for his age.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 17:42]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Keeper incoming... on 17:42 - Aug 5 with 6460 viewsrichfoad32

Heard he's mustard.
Keeper incoming... on 17:48 - Aug 5 with 6389 viewsNorthernDale

According to Wikipedia he is 6ft 6" , aged 25 and as played for Huddersfield (9 app) , the Biffo's (43 app) and Shrewsbury (16 app).
Keeper incoming... on 18:02 - Aug 5 with 6254 viewsdingdangblue

He was in goal for this - although 2 keepers wouldn't have stopped it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Keeper incoming... on 18:07 - Aug 5 with 6177 viewsBrierls

Don't know much about him, but at 6'6" I'd like to think he's decent at coming for corners and crosses!

I don't rate Lynch, mainly due to his lack of presence for set pieces, but thought he did very well when he came in towards the end of the season. This would bring genuine competition between the two for that no1 spot that Wade simply doesn't offer.
Keeper incoming... on 18:36 - Aug 5 with 5908 viewsrkershaw

Keeper incoming... on 18:07 - Aug 5 by Brierls

Don't know much about him, but at 6'6" I'd like to think he's decent at coming for corners and crosses!

I don't rate Lynch, mainly due to his lack of presence for set pieces, but thought he did very well when he came in towards the end of the season. This would bring genuine competition between the two for that no1 spot that Wade simply doesn't offer.

Coleman, White and Done.......identical triplets??
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 18:37]
Keeper incoming... on 21:38 - Aug 5 with 5320 viewsNIGELdale

Pete oRouke has linked dale to a few players lately Birmingham forward the jack Grealish lookalike and this keeper let’s see how many he gets right.
Keeper incoming... on 22:06 - Aug 5 with 5165 viewsEllDale

From memory he played in goal for Huddersfield when they won at Spotland in the cup in 2017?
The Terriers paid quite a bit of money when they signed him from Oldham but he was a victim of the turmoil at the John Smiths Stadium.
They got promoted to the Premiership and went onto sign Lossl and he slipped down the pecking order as managers came and went.
Keeper incoming... on 08:56 - Aug 6 with 4641 viewsNorthernDale

What time is the cut off point for them to sign and be available for tomorrows game at Harrogate?
Login to get fewer ads

Keeper incoming... on 12:19 - Aug 6 with 4271 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Keeper incoming... on 12:38 - Aug 6 with 4151 viewsD_Alien

Keeper incoming... on 08:56 - Aug 6 by NorthernDale

What time is the cut off point for them to sign and be available for tomorrows game at Harrogate?

Lynch has done nothing in pre-season to justify him not taking his place between the sticks at Harrogate

It'd be useful to have an experienced keeper on the bench, but hardly something we need concern ourselves about right now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keeper incoming... on 12:53 - Aug 6 with 4035 viewsBrierls

Keeper incoming... on 12:38 - Aug 6 by D_Alien

Lynch has done nothing in pre-season to justify him not taking his place between the sticks at Harrogate

It'd be useful to have an experienced keeper on the bench, but hardly something we need concern ourselves about right now

Lynch didn't do much wrong when he came in at the end of last season, certainly proving me wrong with how steady he was, but if there's an opportunity to improve on what you've got or provide competition you do it.

If we're being really picky, he got caught out with the free kick against Fleetwood. But it's pre-season so doesn't really matter.

I fully expect Lynch to start tomorrow.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2021 12:58]
Keeper incoming... on 12:57 - Aug 6 with 3996 viewsDaleiLama

Looks like it will be made official very shortly

Keeper incoming... on 12:59 - Aug 6 with 3975 viewsBrierls

Keeper incoming... on 12:57 - Aug 6 by DaleiLama

Looks like it will be made official very shortly

That's not accurate.

The keeper gloves are green on Twitter.
Keeper incoming... on 13:01 - Aug 6 with 3945 viewsDaleiLama

Yup

Keeper incoming... on 13:03 - Aug 6 with 3915 viewsD_Alien

Keeper incoming... on 13:01 - Aug 6 by DaleiLama

Yup

He'll stop a few with that beard that Lynch'd miss

Keeper incoming... on 13:05 - Aug 6 with 3889 viewsDaleiLama

Keeper incoming... on 13:03 - Aug 6 by D_Alien

He'll stop a few with that beard that Lynch'd miss

Was wondering if there might be a "velcro" effect?

Keeper incoming... on 13:08 - Aug 6 with 3837 viewsBrierls

Look how tall he is, that scarf is over the stand.

Solid beard game.

His quotes are very good. Says all the nice things but makes no secret that he’s here to be no1. Let the battle commence!
Keeper incoming... on 13:10 - Aug 6 with 3821 viewsD_Alien

Keeper incoming... on 12:53 - Aug 6 by Brierls

Lynch didn't do much wrong when he came in at the end of last season, certainly proving me wrong with how steady he was, but if there's an opportunity to improve on what you've got or provide competition you do it.

If we're being really picky, he got caught out with the free kick against Fleetwood. But it's pre-season so doesn't really matter.

I fully expect Lynch to start tomorrow.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2021 12:58]

And that's exactly what it's about of course, competition

It wasn't essential we signed him in time for tomorrow's game since the mere notice of him incoming would've been enough to ensure Lynch knew he had to be at his best. It remains to be seen whether that's good enough as the season progresses

Keeper incoming... on 13:11 - Aug 6 with 3807 viewsD_Alien

Keeper incoming... on 13:05 - Aug 6 by DaleiLama

Was wondering if there might be a "velcro" effect?

I'll be disappointed if his beard drops any!

Keeper incoming... on 13:25 - Aug 6 with 3657 viewsfunkkk

Really looking forward to the season, still no idea how we’ll get on but love the way Stockdale has gone about his business so far.
Keeper incoming... on 14:22 - Aug 6 with 3265 viewsjonahwhereru

This looks a decent signing. Reasonable experience, and all of it above this level. I have no issue with Jay Lynch but he will need to be on it from the go this season.
I do question the situation with Brad Wade, he was given a 3 year contract and going into his third year RS is still talking about getting the youngsters out on loan. Wade has never got a look in on starting, even when Josh was having his difficulties. When he was given 3 years it was longer than most players got and I thought this lad is going to be the one in a couple of years, but he doesn’t even warm the bench.
With Lynch and Coleman in situ he is going to need something stunning to catch the eye of the management.
Keeper incoming... on 14:33 - Aug 6 with 3129 viewsDaleiLama

I can think of 5 good reasons why competition works at each spot.

1/ Best man plays most or all of the time
2/ Second fills in when 1st is injured
3/ As 2/ but sub "out of form" for "injured"
4/ Iron sharpens iron
5/ We may be able to develop saleable assets.

If we can afford it, with what Simon, our financial people and the EFL have identified as a "workable model/business plan", then keep 'em coming Robbie.

Keeper incoming... on 14:35 - Aug 6 with 3104 viewsisitme

Keeper incoming... on 14:22 - Aug 6 by jonahwhereru

This looks a decent signing. Reasonable experience, and all of it above this level. I have no issue with Jay Lynch but he will need to be on it from the go this season.
I do question the situation with Brad Wade, he was given a 3 year contract and going into his third year RS is still talking about getting the youngsters out on loan. Wade has never got a look in on starting, even when Josh was having his difficulties. When he was given 3 years it was longer than most players got and I thought this lad is going to be the one in a couple of years, but he doesn’t even warm the bench.
With Lynch and Coleman in situ he is going to need something stunning to catch the eye of the management.

For what it is worth (probably not a lot) I heard that Wade has not progressed as they would have liked and that Brad Kelly is seen as a better prospect.
Keeper incoming... on 15:13 - Aug 6 with 2857 viewsNIGELdale

Cash man signs now the Grealish look alike what a busy week in recruitment squad is looking ok . Surely that’s it for this week.
Keeper incoming... on 15:31 - Aug 6 with 2706 viewsBrierls

Keeper incoming... on 15:13 - Aug 6 by NIGELdale

Cash man signs now the Grealish look alike what a busy week in recruitment squad is looking ok . Surely that’s it for this week.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024